WWE Hall of Fame: Class of 2018

Jack-Hammer

YOU WILL RESPECT MY AUTHORITAH!!!!
I figure we should keep all talk, speculation, wish lists, etc. concerning this year's HOF inductees in here.

It was announced earlier today that Goldberg will be officially inducted into the HOF, more than likely its headliner. Personally, I couldn't care less but you had to know it was coming when he returned to WWE last year; on the plus side, Goldberg being a Hall of Famer all but guarantees that he'll never wrestle in a WWE ring again so there's a silver lining.

Other inductees rumored to be going in this year the Dudley Boyz, Ivory or Jaqueline and....*sigh* Kid Rock for the "Celebrity Wing." I've no idea if that's the full list or even if it's legit but cutting down on the number of inductees might be a good idea as it'll give more time for acceptance speeches and the show itself might be a little quicker. It's fun to see these legends get honored every year, but there's only so much time in which you can watch a show that's made up of nothing but former stars talking about their career before getting bored to death.

Only good thing Kid Rock ever did was American Badass that Bikertaker used. At least that's something, still mystified why WWE horns over Machine Gun Kelly. Rant over.

Not sure why Jaqueline is rumored, unless she's gonna be a 2-time Hall of Famer like Flair.

The fact that Goldberg is going in has me leaning more to buying the Taker/Cena Mania match idea. If Taker were officially retiring at Raw 25, he'd definitely headline over Goldberg.

The Dudleyz make sense. Ivory does too, though I keep thinking Chyna in the back of my mind. Kid Rock unfortunately makes sense too, though I can't stand him. I'd rather Machine Gun Kelly go in.

We'll also see a Warrior Award given, no doubt, and that'll be something.

Pretty cool moment for Goldberg. If his whole 2017 Universal Championship run was for his son, the Hall of Fame induction will be even more special for him. And it's certainly the best way to cap off one of the greatest careers of all time. People often forget, Goldberg is one of the biggest draws ever. While Austin, Rock and Mankind were trading the WWF Title, Goldberg was filling the Gerogia Dome with 40,000 fans in short notice. He grew organically and is probably one of the few wrestlers that actually did so without being forced. So yeah, this is pretty much deserving of a Hall of Fame induction, a headliner no less.

Kid Rock? Really.

Every year, I am becoming more and more convinced that Cyndi Lauper will NEVER go into the HoF.

I don't know why they haven't inducted her yet. Lauper was a pivotal part of the "Rock 'N Wrestling Connection" and was one of the reasons that WWE got on TV, because of Lauper's connections with MTV.

She also managed the WWF Women's Champion, Wendi Ricter. How many celebrities can say that they managed a champion in WWF, but Cyndi did.

Also, inducting her will get a lot of mainstream attention. I know she is old hat, but she was huge in her day, and I heard that her record company tried to set her up as a rival to Madonna, and even though Madonna was bigger, Lauper had a very successful career.

Too bad Lou Albano has passed, as he could have inducted her, but I think Wendi Ritcher would have instead.

I am convinced that she must be on bad terms with WWE, and has refused an induction. Because how else can it be explained about putting lesser celebrities in when Lauper, who made a bigger impact on WWF, and was significant for her contribution to wrestling, be left out. A lot of you criticize the Celebrity wing, but you must admit that she is more worthy than 90% of those already inducted in the Celebrity Hall-Of-Fame wing.

Also, someone mentioned that Muhammad Ali isn't in either. Is that true? If so, that is a disgrace as well, especially now that he has passed, and can't be there to receive the award (though his Parkinson's might mean that he wouldn't attend anyway).

F off with Kid Rock. Put in Cyndi Lauper and Muhammad Ali the next two years, and then Andy Kauffman the third year. They all deserve it more than Kid Rock, who hijacked Wrestlemania 25.

It looks like it's shaping up to be a solid class. The celebrity wing is the celebrity wing... and I don't know Kid Rock provided the theme song for WrestleMania 30 in New Orleans so I guess it kind of makes sense.

I would hold off on the Dudley's though for another year, especially since it would appear that WrestleMania next year is coming down to either New York or Philly. Their roots are embedded in those two cities.

I don't know, I remember a supposed "leaked" list for the HOF last year that included names like William Regal and Christian and it got me legitimately excited but alas it proved to not be real. Maybe this year as I'm sure there's gonna be at least 1-2 more inductees besides the ones listed (or preferably next year because if WrestleMania is held in the north east next year, I will be attending).

You know the potential Kid Rock senate run is getting the WWE dicks hard over the media attention they could get, so yeah, I'm sure he goes in and I shoot myself in my own dick with a pellet gun just to feel something.

Can we put Vader in? His WWE run was a joke, but with the fact that WCW accomplishments (and even some Japenese stuff) are getting recognized now, you could put him in. I'd much rather him go in while alive than have his son come back to WWE for another hot five minutes to induct him.

Oh and put Sid in too. That guy on a live mic would be worth the price of admission.

Pretty cool moment for Goldberg. If his whole 2017 Universal Championship run was for his son, the Hall of Fame induction will be even more special for him. And it's certainly the best way to cap off one of the greatest careers of all time. People often forget, Goldberg is one of the biggest draws ever. While Austin, Rock and Mankind were trading the WWF Title, Goldberg was filling the Gerogia Dome with 40,000 fans in short notice. He grew organically and is probably one of the few wrestlers that actually did so without being forced. So yeah, this is pretty much deserving of a Hall of Fame induction, a headliner no less.

What you mean to say is he had one of the greatest 4 and half years of any wrestler in history. He made one of the biggest impacts of all time. In WCW. But his career certainly does not rank among the greatest 100 of all time..

Goldberg, Dudleyz, Ivory (Jacqueline's already in)...fuck yes!

All deserving. So happy for them.

Kid Rock created one of the greatest themes ever, the American Badass theme, and deserves to go in for that alone. He's also provided other PPV themes though and did that WM 25 concert. Was also the inspiration for Kid Kash in ECW.

I saw the list of the rumored names for this year and while i think they would all deserved a spot (Except for Kid RocK) i fell this would be such a weak class if this list would be true.

Their so many guys and girls that are bigger names and deserve to get the call before those guys.

Also, i get why Kid Rock would get inducted this year, it'S mostly because he's one of the only celebrity that does Support President Trump right now and since Vince is friends with Trump. It's a political move on Vince's part, he inducted one of his friend supporter and he get a favor from the president in exchange.

I guess Kid Rock can't be that surprising considering the McMahon's politics.

But you'd think that they make a pick that wouldn't be quite so divisive. Especially when you could take someone like Ali who would be near universally accepted.

The NHL's already getting a bunch of backlash for announcing that Kid Rock is going to play their All Star game. Expect the WWE to get at least as much if they put him in their Hall of Fame.

As for the rest? Goldberg, Dudleyz, Ivory? All are deserving, but wow. What an underwhelming class.

What you mean to say is he had one of the greatest 4 and half years of any wrestler in history. He made one of the biggest impacts of all time. In WCW. But his career certainly does not rank among the greatest 100 of all time..
Longevity doesn't equal success. In four years he managed to be a successful draw in a company that competed with the global juggernaut that is the WWE. I'd put Goldberg's career against almost anyone's.

I'm not a fan of Goldberg's, never have been and never will because the guy's an overrated hack. He was a lousy pro wrestler 20 years ago and he did not improve with age, as we saw last year. Eric Bischoff was brilliant in how he built up Goldberg by hiding his shortcomings due to keeping him in squash matches that lasted about 2 minutes almost exclusively. By the time people figured out he couldn't wrestle, he was already extremely over so it didn't really matter.

With that being said, as much as I don't personally like it, Goldberg is someone that'll be remembered by American wrestling fans as one of the top guys because of the Attitude Era, how he was built, the way he was protected, the overly dramatic hype of his streak and stars he went over. In terms of overall ability, Goldberg is near the bottom rung of the ladder in my eyes but the fact remains he was a huge star. There were better wrestlers and there were wrestlers who won a lot more championships, but Goldberg made the sort of impression that few others can measure up to.

https://www.cbssports.com/wwe/news/...cted-into-the-wwe-hall-of-fame-class-of-2018/

The news just broke a few hours ago that The Dudley Boyz will be joining Goldberg in the Hall of Fame this year. This comes as no huge shock since Bubba and Devon are two of the best tag team wrestlers of all time. Multiple titles across multiple promotions, big time WWE matches and moments, ECW icons. No two ways about it, they deserve this. It will be a little interesting since Bubba is currently working with ROH, but I doubt that impacts things too much.

https://www.cbssports.com/wwe/news/...cted-into-the-wwe-hall-of-fame-class-of-2018/

The news just broke a few hours ago that The Dudley Boyz will be joining Goldberg in the Hall of Fame this year. This comes as no huge shock since Bubba and Devon are two of the best tag team wrestlers of all time. Multiple titles across multiple promotions, big time WWE matches and moments, ECW icons. No two ways about it, they deserve this. It will be a little interesting since Bubba is currently working with ROH, but I doubt that impacts things too much.

Oh hell yeah. This is the perfect team to join the Hall of Fame, glad to see theM get their due.

Hoping personally that The Rock finally gets in this year.

The Dudley's are synonymous with tag team professional wrestling and stood out in multiple eras across multiple companies. They were innovative and one of longest lasting tag teams in existence. They deserve this.

I'm torn between who inducts them. Paul Heyman is an obvious choice as he gave them their start and featured them prominently on his program. Then there is Joey Styles. Joey made the Dudley's seem like major assholes during their heyday with with excellent commentary. Edge & Christian and The Hardys would also make great choices for obvious reasons. But really, it doesnt matter who inducts them because whoever it is, Joel Gertner needs to do the introduction for 'ol times sake.

Congratulations to Goldberg and now the Dudley Boyz for being inducted into the HOF.

That being said, if the rumored class turns out to be correct, it would be, IMO, the weakest and most underwhelming class ever for the HOF.

I would assume WWE would go with more than 5 names that are rumored, but just on those 5 names, it's extremely underwhelming.

Goldberg, to me since the revival of the HOF in 2004, will be the weakest headliner by far. I'm not a Goldberg hater by any means, but to me he is not the level of a headliner for a HOF class, he's perfect as the "secondary headliner" (Piper in 05, Guererro in 06, Perfect in 07, Road Warriors in 11, etc.), but compared to past headliners like Hulk Hogan, Bret Hart, Dusty Rhodes, Ric Flair, Steve Austin, Shawn Michaels, Edge, Bruno Sammartino, Sting, Randy Savage (WWE didn't officially anoint him as the headliner, but screw that, he was the headliner), Goldberg just doesn't compare. His closest comparison was the Ultimate Warrior who also was not very talented in the ring and had a short run on top, but I would say Warrior was more memorable in wrestling history. I mean, I know many don't feel the same and view Goldberg as a "definite" headliner, and even one of the all-time greats, but to me he just doesn't belong in that category. Especially when you have the Rock and Undertaker on the outside.

To be fair though, WWE is kind of in a bind for headliners of classes right now. Other than the Rock and the Undertaker (who presumably aren't finished wrestling), WWE has inducted just about everyone from the 70's, 80's, and 90's that could be a headliner and still aren't wrestling. Obviously over the next decade WWE will have Triple H, Rey Mysterio, John Cena, Randy Orton, Brock Lesnar, Chris Jericho, Kane, and Batista (Rob Van Dam and the Big Show are also possibilities) to serve as headliners. There's also Daniel Bryan and CM Punk, but obviously both are big unknowns as Bryan could still wrestle in the future and end up on bad terms with WWE if he leaves, and of course Punk has his issues. But all of those previously mentioned guys have to retire and who knows when that will happen?

So even though Goldberg is very underwhelming to me, I kind of can't blame WWE for putting him as the headliner. He has a case to be a headliner, and he's about the only one available.

I personally think Vader's place in wrestling history warrants him a spot as a headliner of a class, considering he's arguably the greatest super heavyweight in wrestling history and is an absolute legend in Japan and WCW. His career in WWE may not have been much, but they had Sting headline, so Vader could too. But I don't see WWE having Vader headline a class. And it seems that window is short as his health is failing.

The Dudley Boyz, from a pure championship and success point of view, are probably the second greatest tag team in wrestling history considering they're the only team to win the ECW, WCW, and WWE tag titles, something no other team will ever accomplish, much like the Road Warriors won the NWA, AWA, and WWF tag titles. The Dudleys are clearly deserving. But it feels a bit underwhelming or not right because they could still go. Then again, they're both in their late 40's now so maybe it's time.

Ivory, though a talented in-ring performer, was never much of a star, and this would continue the trend of WWE ignoring their earliest female stars like Miss Elizabeth, Chyna, Sable, and Luna Vachon to a lesser extent, for mediocre Attitude Era, Ruthless Aggression, and early PG-era stars. Molly Holly and Victoria were much bigger stars, better workers and would thus make for better candidates if you want to go that route. I get WWE wants to induct as few deceased stars as possible in a class, but WWE will continue to miss the boat no matter how many "trailblazers" to the Women's Revolution that WWE inducts while superstars like Miss Elizabeth, Sable, Luna Vachon, and freakin' Chyna sit on the outside. To me that's like Edge, Eddie Guerrero, and well, just about everyone going in before Bob Backlund and Bruno Sammartino and Randy Savage. Those exclusions made the WWE Hall of Fame lack legitimacy, and on the women's side, the WWE Hall of Fame is not legitimate until Chyna and Miss Elizabeth, especially, are inducted. Trish, Lita, Wendi Ritchter, and Madusa, I get because Trish and Lita were icons, and Richter was around before everyone mentioned, and Madusa was around before Chyna and was a great worker, but anyone else, nope. WWE will continue to miss the boat on female inductees until Elizabeth, Chyna, Sable, and Vachon are inducted.

I love Bam Bam Bigelow. He was actually the first heel I was ever a fan of, so I have a soft spot for him, but if WWE is gonna induct one deceased wrestler each year, how in the world is Davey Boy Smith not in the running? Obviously Owen is a no-go, and Brian Pillman, of course is another great choice, but Davey Boy Smith is probably the biggest deceased WWE star, not yet inducted into the HOF. That being said, I can't complain about Bam Bam going in, as it's long overdue and IMO is possibly the most underrated wrestler of the modern era.

Kid Rock for the Celebrity Wing? Hold on, I'll be right back, I have to go to the bathroom to throw up. Whew, ok I'm back now. Kid Rock would join Drew Carey and Snoop Dogg as the most pointless, dumb celebrity wing inductees ever. Why WWE continues to ignore celebrities that were actually important in making WWE and pro wrestling a more mainstream form of entertainment, for celebrities that made one appearance at an event baffles me. You have Cyndi Lauper, Sylvester Stallone (who's still one of the biggest movie stars around), Muhammad Ali (considered to be the most iconic athlete in American history in any sport), Andy Kaufman, and even Regis Philbin (who has long been an ally to the wrestling business) sitting on the outside. That's your next 5 years worth of celebrity inductees. Even Maria Menounos, who's a current celebrity has done far more for WWE than Kid Rock or Snoop Dogg ever has. Just ugghhhhh.

Yeah, if this is the class it desperately needs some more star power to spruce it up. Mark Henry would help, but even he is a third-tier inductee to me. His 20 year career had about 3 great years of it (Hall of Pain era), and about two solid and highly entertaining (Nation/Sexual Chocolate period) years. He's deserving, but he wouldn't help up the quality of this class in my view.

If Goldberg is gonna be the headliner, I think it needs a big group to help support Goldberg in star power, kind of like the 2012 class where the Four Horsemen supported Edge. I would say this should be the year that WWE either pulls the trigger on a D-Generation X induction (Shawn, Triple H, Chyna, X-Pac, the Outlaws, and maybe Rick Rude, I could go either way on him being part of it), an NWO induction (appropriate with Goldberg, I'd go with Hall, Nash, Hogan, Bischoff, X-Pac, Dibiase, and Giant, the original 6, plus Bischoff), or the Hart Foundation (Bret, Neidhart, Owen, Bulldog, and Pillman). A stable induction with Goldberg could help up the star-power.

For the love of God, get Vader in before he passes away. Vader is an all-time great. Headliner material, but secondary headliner for sure undoubtedly. Or induct a Japanese star like Jushin "Thunder" Liger, The Great Muta, Riki Choshu, Tiger Mask, etc.

A class of Goldberg, D-X, the Dudleyz, Henry, Bam Bam, Ivory, Vader, Liger, and Kid Rock could be a solid class, but still not as strong as prior classes (Kid Rock being a major weak point). Vader, Liger, the Dudleyz, and D-X would be solid foundations though.

Ivory, though a talented in-ring performer, was never much of a star, and this would continue the trend of WWE ignoring their earliest female stars like Miss Elizabeth, Chyna, Sable, and Luna Vachon to a lesser extent, for mediocre Attitude Era, Ruthless Aggression, and early PG-era stars. Molly Holly and Victoria were much bigger stars, better workers and would thus make for better candidates if you want to go that route. I get WWE wants to induct as few deceased stars as possible in a class, but WWE will continue to miss the boat no matter how many "trailblazers" to the Women's Revolution that WWE inducts while superstars like Miss Elizabeth, Sable, Luna Vachon, and freakin' Chyna sit on the outside. To me that's like Edge, Eddie Guerrero, and well, just about everyone going in before Bob Backlund and Bruno Sammartino and Randy Savage. Those exclusions made the WWE Hall of Fame lack legitimacy, and on the women's side, the WWE Hall of Fame is not legitimate until Chyna and Miss Elizabeth, especially, are inducted. Trish, Lita, Wendi Ritchter, and Madusa, I get because Trish and Lita were icons, and Richter was around before everyone mentioned, and Madusa was around before Chyna and was a great worker, but anyone else, nope. WWE will continue to miss the boat on female inductees until Elizabeth, Chyna, Sable, and Vachon are inducted.

I kinda disagree on this. I feel like as of now, they didn't miss the boat on the female performers at all, Sure i would love to see Elizabeth, Sable and Luna get inducted but at the same time, i understand why Liz and Luna aren't in. That'S because of how they died. Sable it might be because she doesn't want to be inducted so their not pushing this or they are just waiting to inducted her and Lesnar in the same year, i don'T know the story.

As For Chyna, i always felt that she didn'T really deserve everything she was just at the right place at the right time. i also fell that while she did some groundbreaking stuff, the fact that she bashed the company for years and even did a porno that made fun of them disqualify her as far as being inducted into the hall of fame.

This might be just me being old school, but when you didn't respect the business that made you and Chyna sure didn't respect the business for most of her career and after her career. You sholdn't be celebrated after.

As for the rest? Goldberg, Dudleyz, Ivory? All are deserving, but wow. What an underwhelming class.

Are you serious? I think the HOF class is looking very strong.

Goldberg was a huge star of WCW and one of the biggest names ever in professional wrestling. Dudleys are one of the all time great wrestling tag teams - pioneers! Ivory is well known Diva from the Attitude era.

It isn't over yet - they will no doubt add a deceased wrestler, maybe the British Bulldog or Bam Bam Bigelow. Mark Henry and William Regal are also names that could go in. Kid Rock will probably be the celebrity.

g.

Kid Rock for the Celebrity Wing? Hold on, I'll be right back, I have to go to the bathroom to throw up. Whew, ok I'm back now. Kid Rock would join Drew Carey and Snoop Dogg as the most pointless, dumb celebrity wing inductees ever. Why WWE continues to ignore celebrities that were actually important in making WWE and pro wrestling a more mainstream form of entertainment, for celebrities that made one appearance at an event baffles me. You have Cyndi Lauper, Sylvester Stallone (who's still one of the biggest movie stars around), Muhammad Ali (considered to be the most iconic athlete in American history in any sport), Andy Kaufman, and even Regis Philbin (who has long been an ally to the wrestling business) sitting on the outside. That's your next 5 years worth of celebrity inductees. Even Maria Menounos, who's a current celebrity has done far more for WWE than Kid Rock or Snoop Dogg ever has. Just ugghhhhh.

Theme Tune - Undertaker
Theme Tune - Stacey Kiebler
Theme Tune - Various PPV's
Performed at Wrestlemania 25
Performed at Tribute to the Troops 2012

Made various minor appearances. I would say he has done enough as a 'Celeb' to enter the HOF.

Wow, it's official... Jeff Jarrett will return to the WWE and enter the Hall of Fame.

This really is a strange one, especially as his father Jerry, who at one time was tapped to take over running the WWF if Vince went to jail and was the major promoter in Memphis for years isn't in there/going in with him.

Jeff of course has had a checkered past with Vince, switching sides more than anyone during the Monday Night Wars and famously holding him up for money to drop the belt to Chyna.

Personally, I never got why Vince was so mad, it was JR or whoever's fault that his contract lapsed while holding a title...and Jeff was being asked to drop a male title to a woman, something not only that had never been done...but that would inherently damage him going into WCW.

Personally, I hope Jarrett is brought on with WWE bring him in backstage somehow.... I have no wish to see JJ the character in the inevitable authority role, but using his GFW contracts could be interesting in setting up a second feeder territory for the company... where people can actually get experience of working.

Lawler will likely be the one to induct him although RoadDog at the outside could.

I guess now ANYONE can go into the HOF except Benoit... Jim Cornette's call must not be too far away.

Wow hell has frozen over!!

The next inductee is none other than.....

JJ Jeff Jarrett!!

I guess he no longer spells his name G.O.N.E GONE!

I did not see this one coming at all!

Yea this was a big surprise to me. Given everything I read, I was convinced this would never happen.

Strange to set aside a grudge for somebody people weren't demanding to be inducted. I'm holding out that Vince cuts him off mid speech and ejects him from the building.

Does Jarrett own some of the TNA library?

I was shocked by this news. Especially considering Jarrett never did anything of merit in either WCW or the WWF. We've seen Vince set aside personal grudges for the sake of "business" and induct people who have made an impact (no pun intended). Bruno Sammartino, Randy Savage, Ultimate Warrior come to mind.

Several things come to mind when considering this "induction."

1) Jarrett has had substance abuse issues and I believe he was recently in WWE-sponsored rehab. Maybe this is a way of getting him a "legends" contract and bringing him back into the WWE fold like they did with Scott Hall, Sean Waltman etc... Jarrett is still one of the great "minds" of the business even if it didn't translate to his character. I could see him working in some capacity for NXT.

2) I believe he does own the pre-2005 NWA-TNA video library which would give the Network some fresh material and maybe some Memphis/USWA stuff as well.

3) I believe the whole Jarrett/Chyna fiasco was blown out of proportion. I don't believe Vince would hold someone out just for that.

I don't think Road Dog and Jarrett had much of a relationship and same goes for Lawler. It'll be interesting to see who inducts him. Maybe Kurt Angle (lol).

But at the end of the day Jeff Jarrett had a big impact on the business. He was a role player in the "Monday Night Wars" and started the only competition Vince has faced in the last decade. I hope we see more "TNA" affiliated wrestlers get their due like Gail Kim etc....

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back