WWE Extreme Rules: WWE Championship - AJ Styles (c) VS Rusev

Jack-Hammer

YOU WILL RESPECT MY AUTHORITAH!!!!
After winning a gauntlet match on last night's SmackDown Live episode, Ruseve is the #1 contender for the WWE Championship and faces Styles for the title at Extreme Rules. Given the nature of the ER ppv, the match will probably be no disqualification even if there are no other special stipulations added.

By the time Extreme Rules airs on July 15th, Styles will have been WWE Champion for around 250 days and Rusev won't be the guy to end his run. I've got no problem with this being a one match feud. Rusev is over with fans, so they're going to be invested in this and it's an opportunity for Rusev, if nothing else, to look good in a match with someone who can make anybody look good. Styles won't be dropping the title, in my estimation, until SummerSlam at the very least, where his opponent will likely be either Samoa Joe or the Miz.

A nice warm-up feud with Styles for Rusev that will hopefully boost his popularity even more. I bet this will be a fun match. Obviously Rusev won't win, but I'll be rooting for him. I really hope that he succeeds in this challenge, because that's what this is for him and they push him properly after that.

This will likely be a small mini-feud for AJ Styles before SummerSlam. it'll likely get just a little heated and then they'll have the one match and it'll end.

now if it were me, at the end of the match with them two, have them shake hands and offically turn Rusev face. he's the opposite of Roman Reigns because he's more than ready to be a face. his Rusev Day chant is over and his in ring work has won over the fans and really he has a nice personality if he's booked to show it. Also after the match and the hand shake, i'd have Samoa Joe attack Styles from behind and beat him up brutally to set up their first one on one encounter.

as for Rusev, move him to a new heel and have him feud with that guy...then when AJ vs. Joe is over, move a face Rusev into a feud with Joe which is likely to be great as well.

Sadly this is the ultimate throwaway match but even in defeat, this can be good for rusev who actually deserve to be put in a upper mid card portion. If he can have a good match with an, then he will get the rub from a main event level star and it will help is career.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back