WWE Elimination Chamber: Universal Championship #1 Contenders Elimination Chamber

Jack-Hammer

YOU WILL RESPECT MY AUTHORITAH!!!!
It was announced on tonight's episode of Raw that since Shinsuke Nakamura has decided to face off against the WWE Champion, which will presumably be AJ Styles, at WrestleMania, it leaves the spot for Brock Lesnar's challenger open. So, there's going to be an Elimination Chamber match with the winner getting the spot. On tonight's show, Braun Strowman, Elias and John Cena all won qualifying matches and there are three additional spots remaining that'll be decided next week.

One of those spots will go to Roman Reigns because the whole thing, the qualifying matches & the Elimination Chamber match itself, is just window dressing. It's been common knowledge for the better part of a year that Roman Reigns will challenge Brock Lesnar at WrestleMania so that's ultimately what will happen. It'll be a fun match with all the usual physical brutality but a lot of the punch is gone from this match because, as I said, we've all known who'd get the spot for about 9 months already.

But what if Vince change his minds and go on with Braun Strowman against Brock Lesnar at Wrestlemania?

I think not having Balor in there is a mistake, i wish this were the 6 guys in the match
Reigns,Cena,Rollins,Balor,Strowman and Elias

Hopefully Braun eliminates himself from the match by bringing some of the structure down on top of himself. End the show with his hand popping out like Carrie White.

But what if Vince change his minds and go on with Braun Strowman against Brock Lesnar at Wrestlemania?

What if the sky turns red?

It's not happening. Strowman will most likely get the Goldberg treatment from 2003. He'll run through everyone, only for Reigns to come out last and beat him.

He had a good opportunity to set that in motion simply by having Strowman win the triple threat match at the Royal Rumble. Strowman could've pinned Kane & won the title, Heyman would claim that Strowman didn't beat Lesnar, Lesnar has an automatic rematch so Lesnar gets his rematch in a singles bout against Strowman at WrestleMania. True, it doesn't have as much of a punch as Strowman facing Lesnar at WrestleMania and winning the title in a singles match, but it would've set things up nice and simply.

As for the Elimination Chamber, they could have easily gone the route of making the men's EC bout for the Intercontinental Championship or to see who'd become #1 contender. It'd be a lot of fun seeing Cena, for instance, in the Intercontinental Championship picture, Reigns was a good, fighting babyface IC champ, Elias is a viable contender as is Finn Balor, Bray Wyatt or Matt Hardy.

There's always the slightest possibility of Vince changing his mind, but it's highly unlikely. Vince has been planning on Reigns having another mega WrestleMania moment for almost a year, it's what he wants to see and it's almost certainly what's going to happen.

As of last night, or rather due to Seth Rollins and Finn Balor executing a double in on Bray Wyatt last night, Rollins and Balor are now both in the match. Unless they do something else to alter the line up next week, the final match will be John Cena vs. Roman Reigns vs. Finn Balor vs. Seth Rollins vs. Braun Strowman vs. the Miz vs. Elias.

So unless they forget everything they did on Facebook Live, then it'S going to be the first ever 7 man elimination chamber match.

The way i see it, Jason Jordan's injury put a wrench on any plan they had for Rollins going forward and they couldn't take Balor out of the match so they called a audible and just put both guys in. Now this will makes it a more interesting match because you got 5 guys out of the 7 that you could actually see winning this match.

What i see coming off this is maybe some sort of story involving Miz, Rollins and Balor which would lead into a triple threat match for the Ic title at mania.

Elias is just another body in the match and i wouldn't be surprise if he's the first one eliminated.

Strowman i could see him get the big show treatment of everybody hitting him with their finisher and then just pilling up on him to get him eliminated and then he just destroyed everybody before leaving. As far as his mania plans, i could see him be a back up plan for the rumored HHH/Stephanie vs Rouda match if they can't get the rock. If not that match then why not put him in the battle royal. They want to make a big deal out of the match this year because of the documentary that's coming out a couple of weeks after mania so why not have one of your biggest star in the match especially if the rumors are true and they put goldberg in the match as well.

Cena and Reigns. Personally, i would love to see something like a double pin finish and you don't have a definitive winner and you just put both guys in the title match at mania. That's what i would love to see but what i think will happen is reigns beat Cena then he get the title match and somehow Cena gets Taker at mania.

Seriously they could put the whole roster inside the chamber we all know who is going to win. Roman will beat everyone, be the last man standing and go onto Mania where he will have his coronation. It's putting me off big time, so much so didn't even watch RAW last night.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back