WWE Breaking Point

i assume that everybody knew cena was gonna win but seriously wtf was up with the finish

i mean cena was asked numerous times if he wanted to quit & said no but the one time orton gets asked by the ref if he wants to quit, within 2 secs he does so

why does the wwe have to make orton look weak every ppv, has he ever won a ppv match w/o legacys help or by cheating (if so its been years i bet), it would be nice to see orton win clean for once when the wwe title is on the line

Now what would be even better is if Teddy announces on Friday Night Smackdown that he has traded The Undertaker to RAW. Giving Smackdown some good talent in return. I think it would really sell the screw job. But this match will definately play into his annoucement.

tripolie atche;1375960 said:
i assume that everybody knew cena was gonna win but seriously wtf was up with the finish

i mean cena was asked numerous times if he wanted to quit & said no but the one time orton gets asked by the ref if he wants to quit, within 2 secs he does so

why does the wwe have to make orton look weak every ppv, has he ever won a ppv match w/o legacys help or by cheating (if so its been years i bet), it would be nice to see orton win clean for once when the wwe title is on the line

Are you crazy? Orton didn't look weak at all. Orton essentially squashed Cena the whole match. It just reinforced Randy's entire character. He's a psycho who can dish out brutal punishment, but can't take it, at all. THis was a really well done match that didn't follow your stereotypical match format. Great job from both guys.

Just because a guy doesn't win doesn't mean they're making him look weak. If you want to see Orton made to look weak, look at when he and his entire stable got ghetto stomped by Shane McMahon...solo.

Overall Breaking Point was no good. Having the DX vs Legacy match before 2 matches that weren't really important, and then seeing Cena act like hero, and getting the win which to this point I still don't understand why the WWE has to give Cena the WWE Championship Title, and that finish to the Undertaker vs CM Punk match wtf was up with that crap? If I gave a rating to this PPV it would a negative rating. Honestly the WWE needs to get their shit together.

Decent PPV, not top quality 'cos a couple of matches let it down badly.

First of all the opener was okay. All Mark Henry and Big Show need to do when against each other is pick each other up, which went down well. MVP has one of the most over moves in wrestling, shame he isn't over at all. Decent match, let down by a weak finish. 6/10

Second match was fantastic. I wish the two of them would have had more of a feud in the lead up but they pulled out the stops with a match that had me on the edge of my seat. Great ending too. 8/10

DX/Legacy was fantastic. Their feud has really got me caring about all four people. The match was done perfectly. DX beat the crap out of Legacy, and trying submission after submission. Legacy did the only thing they could, bring it to a handicap situation which they did well. The ending was brutal. I couldn't believe Shawn lasted so long without tapping. Great match and a nice finish in the Cell coming up I hope. 9/10

And the PPV goes down hill quickly. Kane Khali was awful again, though the chokeslam was pretty sweet. for that I will be generous and give it a 3/10.

Christian Regal sent me to sleep, literally (it was 2ish). Christians music after winning woke me up and depressed me, the lack of a postmatch beatdown annoyed me even more. Can't rate it if I didn't see it.

Think the promo was next. I don't know if it was me being tired or what but it seemed an awful promo from Ziggler. Morrison's save didn't really do anything either, so it was a disappointment, especially since I was wanting these two to tear the house down.

Then the perfect wrestling storyline. Heel beats the shit out of the face, the face somehow keeps going and somehow nicks the win at the end. This match had to be brutal and it was. Cena took a pounding last night and Orton played his heel character perfectly. I wish it could have gone on longer, and it could have done with a Brett Dibiase appearance seeing as they mentioned it in the build up. Anyway, great match, great outcome. 9/10

The main event. Great build up. Great opening promo. Undertaker's iconic entrance. Then the strangest main event ever. It was so short, nothing really happened. If it wasn't for the screwjob ending it would have been a total waste. The ending alone saved the match. 6/10

So overall a decent PPV. Cena/Orton, DX/Legacy again the stars and kofi and Miz's stock continues to rise. Yeah, that Miz got proper buried against Cena didn't he :rolleyes:

Well the Mark of Zur-En-Arrh thought......

Let me just point out that i didn't watch it live, and knew the results before i watched so the element of surprise didn't come into play for me.

Jerishow v MVP/WSM

Another decent tag team contest to open the PPV. Personally i'd have opened with the Cane match or the US title match, but whatever. I liked that MVP and Henry tried to present themselves as an actual team as opposed to 2 guys who got a tag title shot because they have a pinfall over one of the tag champs each. The action was good, the pace was good, and all in all, it made me want to see more Jerishow matches. It would be nice however if the focus wasn't so much on Jericho, and a little more toward Show. Why is it when Kane and X-Pac were together they were presented as equals, whereas Jericho now seems more susceptable to getting his ass kicked unless Show is there to back him up? I'm guessing it's because Jerisho are heel and Kane Pac weren't.

Exact same finish as last month. Would be nice if Jericho actually earned the pinfall next time, but if they're going with Jericho becoming more cowardly and dependant on Show as their reign goes on, then i guess it works.

US Title

I imagine if i'd watched this live i'd have been out of my mind trying to figure out who the hell was going to win. That STO into a bridgin pin was awesome on Kofi's part and Miz continues to get better (not sure about him ditching the pants and hat for just speedos though. I get that he's trying to revamp himself for a 'comeback' but that attire looks just as out of place as it did on Jericho when he first started doing it.) Would be nice to see Kofi in an actual fued instead of having random defences here there and everywhere though, i'm starting to feel the urge to chant 'Die Kofi, Die!' because my interest in him in diminishing. Great match though, no doubt.

Submission Anywhere Tag Match

Canada, get over it, it was 12 years ago. By repeatedly bringing it up and cheering the heels, Vince will keep fucking with your live shows to punish you. Incredibly childish and pathetic, yes, but so is holding a grudge against HBK, Hebner, and Vince for 12 years when even the actual victim himself seems to be over it is just as childish and pathetic.

Anyway, i didn't really appreciate this. I always hated watching guys like Austin and Rock go in the crowd, punch each other up the stairs, punch their way back again and then get back in the ring, so watching 80% of this match go that way didn't impress me at all. The double figure fours in the concession stand was great. Beating HHH down away from an injured HBK was great, and the double submission round the ring post was great too. All the running back and forth up the aisleways was NOT. And really, HHH is knocked loopy with an empty cooler? Sure he took another chair shot after that (that didn't even look like it connected), but he got hit with that cooler and that was it for HHH. LAME!

I honestly preferred Summerslam's match tbh, and don't look forward to these 4 in a Cell either.

ECW Title match

This match was freakin' awesome. Probably my favourite of the night. THIS should have been what happened at Summerslam imo. Anyway, i loved the skill shown by both men in that match, Christian showing off his arial skills as he does best, and Regal showing that technical wrestling can be cool to watch. Was there anyone who didn't think Christian was seriously hurt after taking that high angle back suplex, or Regal-Plex as it's now going to be called?

Only niggling point, Regal needs a different finisher. I've moaned about the Knee Trembler for months, but seriously, get rid of it. PLEASE! You have your own signature submission and a variety of amazing suplexes, why have a running knee to the head as your finisher?

Singapore Cane Match

So this is obviously replacing the Diva's spot on PPV from now on. The fact that Khali keeps getting beaten by a man who's apparently afraid of him suggests that this fued isn't over, sadly, but i always like to see the Big Red Machine get a clean win. That was also probably the best chokeslam Khali's ever taken. Does anyone even know why Kane attacked Kahli in the first place?

I Quit Match

Until getting hit with the Cane and the chairshot against the turnbuckle, Cena didn't really seem to be selling his injuries did he? He wasn't even breathing heavily for god's sake! Apart from that little nit pick, this was a solid match, but i'm still waiting to see an 'I Quit' match that comes close to the level of brutality of Rock v Mankind or Foley v Flair. Good match, that sadly made Orton seem like a total pussy as per usual. Did he get with a weapon once in that match? Apparently you can skin Cena alive and not beat him, but he doesn't need to do anything BUT lock in the STFU and he's won. Again, not really looking forward to these 2 in a Cell, but if i'm really honest, Cell matches don't excite me anymore anyway.

Submission Match

I closed my eyes for 3 minutes and missed the faux-finish. Good job i knew Taker would be announced the champ but didn't win it huh? Some people are asking should this have ended the show? Well, no, not based on a 12 minute match, it certainly shouldn't have, but that screwjob ending is what made it the Main Event. It had the biggest surprise at the end with the largest impact on the brand as a whole, so that's why it ended the show. Plus SD has ended the PPV for like the last 4 months in a row anyway, because it's the better show imo.

Best way to keep both guys looking good, even if it is a re-hashed ending that's been done to death, and even if it doesn't make any bloody sense in regards the Hell's Gate ban. He's used it in several matches between Vickie saying it's banned and now and no one's batted an eyelid, so why now? Well they'll say that Teddy wants to screw Taker, i'll say because Creative have goldfish memories.

Decent PPV over all i felt. I may have enjoyed it more than Summerslam tbh, but they shouldn't call it a theme PPV if that theme is only going to apply to the ME guys. It makes everyone else's matches look like they're un-important, and do you consider Legacy to be ME talent? I sure as fuck dont.

Anyway, Breaking Point gets a thumbs up from The Mark of Zur-En-Arrh. Not looking forward to HIAC though. Hopefully that'll be free as well.

hmm the ending of the Taker-Punk match was good imo. Kinda solve the dilemma that the match created.
Now,Taker being "screwed" has nothing to do with Bret Hart being SCREWED! This was planned and all. But last month while watching summer slam and they were saying next ppv is submission concept show in Montreal....my immediate reaction was that I was pretty sure they`ll do some screw job parody. I would have actually been shocked if it wasn`t the case.

Why is it when Kane and X-Pac were together they were presented as equals, whereas Jericho now seems more susceptable to getting his ass kicked unless Show is there to back him up? I'm guessing it's because Jerisho are heel and Kane Pac weren't.

Didnt they split up in the end because Pac "couldnt keep up with the big boys" and was holding Kane back? I seem to remember him getting his arse handed to him by the heavy weights and him getting all emo about it anyway.

Nice round up though. :)

angry_panda said:
Didnt they split up in the end because Pac "couldnt keep up with the big boys" and was holding Kane back? I seem to remember him getting his arse handed to him by the heavy weights and him getting all emo about it anyway.

Thanks dude, although i'm sure that DX made X-Pac turn on Kane, because they all pretended they were going to induct him into the group, and then later it just got more personal when Tori ditched Kane for X-Pac

Did anyone else notice that this PPV was billed as "every match a submission match" yet the first 3 matches ended in pinfalls? They even announced it at the beginning of the PPV. I bought this intending to see some great matches only to be disappointed again by the WWE.

Did anyone else notice that this PPV was billed as "every match a submission match" yet the first 3 matches ended in pinfalls? They even announced it at the beginning of the PPV. I bought this intending to see some great matches only to be disappointed again by the WWE.

No, they billed it as the main events would end in submission, exactly the same as they are doing with Hell in the Cell. King did indeed say something about them all ending in submission at the start, but he soon covered his mistake. They said a million times in the build up which were submission matches and which weren't. Listen more carefully. And there was nothing wrong with the PPV save for Kane/Khali.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back