• Bret Hart

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hyorinmaru

Sit Upon The Frozen Heavens
Hulk Hogan
hulk_hogan_2.jpg

What to say about Hulk Hogan. He is the man that brought professional wrestling to Main Stream America. He has held numerous titles spanning almost 20 years. He's a member of the WWE HoF and has been granted many awards by both Pro Wrestling Illustrated and the Wrestling Observer Newsletter. They are way to many to name them all but they include Wrestler of the Year, match of the year, most popular wrestler, most hated wrestler and most insperational wrestler.

Bret Hart
wwf%20bret%20hart.jpg

Born into the famous Hart family of wrestling he more than lived up to the expectations. He is a 5x WWE Champion, a 2x WCW Champion, a 3x WWE World Tag Team Champion as a part of the Hart Foundation, a 1x WCW Tag Team Champion with Goldberg, a 4x WCW US Champion and a 2x WWE Intercontinental Champion. He also won the first King of The Ring PPV in '93 and is Co-winner of the '94 Royal Rumble Along with Lex Luger. IN addition to the 16 titles he held he also is a recipient of 16 different awards from both the PWI and WON.

Hulk Hogan Vs. Bret Hart. On paper it seems like a close match but honestly it really isn't. While nobody can deny Bret Hart was an amazing talent who could go in the ring and put on top quality matches. He may not have been great on the mic or been mister personaility but he was able to get over with the fans because of his heart, talent, and sheer intensity.

Then you have the immortal Hulk Hogan. While Bret is usually praised by Smarks for his "technical wrestling", Hogan is usually praised for being a "huge personality" and for "making the business what it is". There's no denying Hogan would not be able to keep up with Bret and do the moves Bret could do, but Hogan's charisma and personality is able to outshine anything Bret could do.

People always rag on HBK being a shit champion and being unable to draw. Truth be told Bret wasn't that much better also. He defenitly couldn't draw like Hogan was and is able to do. And while yes the WWE likes to paint Bret in a bad light because of the whole Screwjob and what not, he still wouldn't have been in Hogan's league of popularity, I do believe.

Both men are loved and both man will go down as legends for their own reasons, when your talking about who made the bigger impact in wrestling it has to be the man that not only when you hear his name you think wrestling, but when you hear the word wrestling you think of his name and thats Hulk Hogan(and this is coming from a guy who personally hates Hogan).

I'm going to go with Bret Hart, which will probably cause rage out of every single poster on this forum, but meh. Fuck it.

My reasons. Well, while Hulk Hogan may have pretty much made professional wrestling mainstream today, what he did could have been done by others. Let's be honest here, put any steriod-filled wrestler and give him a patriotic gimmick and there you go. Hulk Hogan. In-ring he's nothing special, and most probably over-rated. I'm not knocking what he did for pro wrestling, but the fact is there are many others who could have done what he did. Let's not forget, Vince McMahon created Hulkamania, not Hulk Hogan. Vince could have given the gimmick to someone else, and who knows.. maybe he would have been bigger.

Now we go to Bret Hart. The best there is, the best there was and the best there ever will be. In the ring, arguably the best ever. He never injured another wrestler, and he had many, many memorable fueds. Sure, he might not have been as big as Hogan in terms of branching outside of wrestling, but this is about the WWE. I don't care about Hogan Knows Best or anything like that. For the WWE Bret gave the fans countless high quality moments, and top notch matches. His technical skill is second to none. Let's not forget, he's adored by millions upon millions of fans.

If Hogan loses, we riot. That'd be absolutely rediculous. This tournament should have been over from the start. Hulk Hogan is the biggest legend of wrestling ever, period. He made wrestling what it is today. Without Hulk Hogan, there wouldn't be a Bret Hart. It's as simple as that. What did Bret Hart do that was notable besides have some good matches and get screwed by Vince? Absolutely nothing.

If Hogan loses, we riot.

That'd be absolutely rediculous.

Are you denying that Bret Hart is not one of the view wrestlers that can be called Legendary?

This tournament should have been over from the start.

I'm Sure Ric Flair and many more beg to differ if you are referring to Hogan as the favorite here.
Hulk Hogan is the biggest legend of wrestling ever, period.

Yeah, and why is that?

He made wrestling what it is today.

I think OIL had the better in this debate, Hogan could have been replicated.

Without Hulk Hogan, there wouldn't be a Bret Hart.

That is horribly close minded. Bret Hart was destined for Wrestling Greatness before Hogan learnt how to hit a leg drop

What did Bret Hart do that was notable besides have some good matches and get screwed by Vince? Absolutely nothing.

How dare you deny Bret Hart's greatness. Have you never watched Wrestling? Bret Hart's few great matches could fill the annals. He wrestled for years, and never hurt his peer in the ring. He could sell like no other man in wrestling. He is probably the greatest technical main stream wrestler to have ever lived. I don't know if you are just trying to bad mouth Bret just to get over, but it is horrendous that a fan of wrestling would ever speak they way you have in your post. I look down on you for that.

I would never deny Hulk Hogan's legacy, because it exists and it is one of the strongest in the great profession of Wrestling. But I choose Bret Hart as the better legend. The man is not only a legend in United States, but worldwide. He is a hero from India to Japan to Mexico to Britain to Canada. His matches alone could create grounds for his Legacy. His Heritage, ability, and love for the business has fueled countless wrestlers. He is by all means remembered as a Legend.

If Hogan loses, we riot. That'd be absolutely rediculous. This tournament should have been over from the start. Hulk Hogan is the biggest legend of wrestling ever, period. He made wrestling what it is today. Without Hulk Hogan, there wouldn't be a Bret Hart. It's as simple as that. What did Bret Hart do that was notable besides have some good matches and get screwed by Vince? Absolutely nothing.

Oh get over it. Hulk Hogan, is an icon. I'm not going to deny that. But Bret Hart IMO is better. What Hulk Hogan did could have been done by a few others. Bret Hart may not be as popular as he Hogan is, but he's the bigger legend. In the ring Hogan couldn't even compare to Bret. And correct me if i'm wrong, but isn't this pro WRESTLING? Surely the wrestling aspect comes into it.

Lets break this down, shall we?

Bret Hart:
- secure enough to wear pink.
Hogan:
-traditionally wears the colours of McDonalds (red and yellow)

Hart
-has a well developed vocabulary
Hogan
-apparently can't remember names, so calls everyone "Brother" in a creepy raspy voice.

Hart
-has a well adjusted family, and some of his relatives are even in the business now.
Hogan
-has a daughter who could pass for a transsexual, and attempts to become a pop star even though she can't sing. His son wears shirts in size 3X despite the fact that he only needs a Medium at most, and almost killed his friend in a car accident.

Hart
-Is loved in nearly every country that has a wrestling fanbase.
Hogan
-Is widely loved in the US, but is not as idolized in other countries.

Hart
-has good hair
Hogan
-has the same hair as serial killer Willie Pickton. For those of you who aren't familiar with him, he had long stringy hair and was bald on top.

ETA: I haven't posted here before. I'm Ms TM, and I'm probably biased because all my opinions of wrestling have been formed by TM. I knew nothing of wrestling other than spandex clad men before we were together, but in the last 3ish years, I've learned more than I ever thought I'd know. I can't yet decide whether this is a good or a bad thing.:headscratch:

Im going with Bret Hart. Sure Hogan put wrestling on the map and made it what it was today, but anytime I think of Hogan I think of how selfish he was and all the talent he kept down. Bret Hart was always up for making somone look good and never refused to put anyone over (except for the one time we all know of).

Bret was just as popular as Hogan IMO. Maybe not in USA but in Asia, Europe etc Bret was by far more popular than Hogan.

Bret could wrestle, Hogan couldnt, Bret could tell a story, Hogan could but not as good as Bret, Hogan was good on the mic, so was Bret (even in 1997 Hogan said Bret was the best mic guy in the business, although Bret says he thought SCSA was).

Bret had more to his game than Hogan did. Which is why I have went for Bret.

Im going with Bret Hart. Sure Hogan put wrestling on the map and made it what it was today, but anytime I think of Hogan I think of how selfish he was and all the talent he kept down. Bret Hart was always up for making somone look good and never refused to put anyone over (except for the one time we all know of).

This theory has so many holes in it, and we've discussed it on these boards for a long time. Hogan was the champ because he was the biggest draw, not because he held people down. For years, he was the most requested athlete from The Make-a-Wish Foundation. And he put over Warrior, Undertaker, Yokozuna, Goldberg, Billy Kidman - several others. Even further, you don't need to lose a match to put someone over. Just getting the rub with a man of Hogan's stature was enough to catapult some talent.

Bret was just as popular as Hogan IMO. Maybe not in USA but in Asia, Europe etc Bret was by far more popular than Hogan.

Your opinion is wrong. Dead wrong. You acknowledged that Bret couldn't touch Hogan in the states, but you're discounting Hogan's wild popularity in Japan (where he wrestled such legends as Antonio Inoki and Masahiro Chono) and Mexico (where he helped get over such legends as El Canek.) Sure, Hart had the edge in Canada, but that's about it.

Bret could wrestle, Hogan couldnt, Bret could tell a story, Hogan could but not as good as Bret, Hogan was good on the mic, so was Bret (even in 1997 Hogan said Bret was the best mic guy in the business, although Bret says he thought SCSA was).

So, wait, you're saying Bret was a better professional wrestler than Hogan, ad then saying their mic skills were equal? Hogan was the most charismatic man in the history of pro wrestling, and only The Rock is in his league as far as that goes. As for your "better wrestler" comment, I'm assuming you've not yet met SlyFox, so I'll give you a pass. I'd like to leave some scraps for him.

Bret had more to his game than Hogan did. Which is why I have went for Bret.

You like Bret more than Hogan. That's fine. I like Bret more than Hogan. That's fine too. But Bret isn't better than Hogan. I just got here too late.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back