• Yokozuna

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hyorinmaru

Sit Upon The Frozen Heavens
Rick Rude
rude.jpg

A 1x WCWA World Champion and a 1x WCW Champion. He has had memorable feuds with The Ultimate Warrior over the WWE Intercontinental Championship, Dustin Rhodes over the WCW United States Heavyweight Championship, and a feud with Ric Flair ovr the NWA World title right before WCW split from the NWA. He also won the PWI Most Hated Wrestler of the Year in 1992 and 2 awards from WON 5 Star Match in 1992 with Stone Cold Steve Austin, Bobby Eaton, Larry Zbyszko, and Arn Anderson vs. Sting, Ricky Steamboat, Dustin Rhodes, Barry Windham, and Nikita Koloff (February 24, WarGames match, WrestleWar). Best Heel (1992)

Yokozuna
yokozuna2.jpg

a 2x WWF Champion he became the first wrestler of Samoan Decent to hold the title. He is also a 2xTag Team Champion W/ Owen Hart. He also won the 1993 Royal Rumble and is the first Wrestler to receive a Title shot at WrestleMania per the Match Rule. He also won PWI's Most Improved Wrestler of the Year award in 1993.

I'll take the fat man. To me he is the most overrated wrestler of all time, but he almost can't lose here, for one simple reason: the Rude Awakening is useless here, as Yoko is simply too big to put it on him. Rude can fight with his decent power game, but Yoko's is better, as well as built perfectly to absorb Rude's attack. Heenan is neutralized by Yoko and Cornette so he's a non factor. All Yoko has to do is take him down one time and sit on him. That ends this match, but it's closer than it seems it would be.

I'd like to point out that the poll question is "Who is the bigger legend?"

Anyhow, in a tournament that somehow managed to omit Ed Lewis from it's ranks, I'm struggling to uncover why either man is up for contention in the first place.
Neither is a legend. Professional wrestling would be no different is either man had never existed. Neither pioneered or revolutionised. Neither achieved more than a decade of significance and neither reserves a place in round two.

All that both guys were was a memorable face who was around the industry for a few years. I honestly can't think of any reason to vote for either man.
I'm leaning towards Rude, simply because he had a longer run of significance, and was more than Khali looked at through rose tinted glasses.

Results: Rick Rude wins this 6-4 and goes on to face Killer Kowalski in round 2.

My thoughts: Astonisment really. Who would have thought that being the first samoan wreslter to win the WWE title didn't really mean anything. He also was the first to go to WrestleMania as a direct result of winning the Royal Rumble but I guess that doesn't mean anyhting either. Nevermind that Yokozuna was one of the best Heels of all time of course Rick Rude is the bigger Legend.

Rick Rude should not have won.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back