• Sgt. Slaughter

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hyorinmaru

Sit Upon The Frozen Heavens
Bret Hart
wwf%20bret%20hart.jpg

Born into the famous Hart family of wrestling he more than lived up to the expectations. He is a 5x WWE Champion, a 2x WCW Champion, a 3x WWE World Tag Team Champion as a part of the Hart Foundation, a 1x WCW Tag Team Champion with Goldberg, a 4x WCW US Champion and a 2x WWE Intercontinental Champion. He also won the first King of The Ring PPV in '93 and is Co-winner of the '94 Royal Rumble Along with Lex Luger. IN addition to the 16 titles he held he also is a recipient of 16 different awards from both the PWI and WON.

Sgt. Slaughter
wrld-slaughter01st-1.jpg

Slaughter may have won the WWE Championship only 1 time in his career. People always talk about Hogan's famous Heel turn but what about when Slaughter became an Iraqi Sympathizer during Dessert Storm and set the American Flag on fire? He did it before Hogan did and people hated him for it but for some reason people have forgotten about it.

This is tougher to decide than I initially thought.

Bret Hart is possibly one of the most overrated and underrated stars from the 90s. He had his highs and lows, but left it all in the ring. His name echos throughout arenas to this day, and will always be remembered as one of the best, as he was one of the greatest wrestlers to be produced from the Hart family.

On the other hand, Slaughter is largely unnoticed on the Legends radar. Aside from his Commisioner role and random legend matches, he is often forgotten. I find this sad, as the heat that he drew in his title feud with Hulk Hogan was immense. He almost drew more heat than Hulk Hogan drew cheers, if that could be considered possible.

However, when I break this down, I just cannot put Slaughter over Hart. Bret is someone that many will consider to win this thing, and voting against him now would be a crime. At his worst, yeah, I'd pick Slaughter over him, but at his best, Slaughter couldn't touch him. That's just the way I see it.

It's not even close. Sure Slaughter had a decent run when he turned heel and became an Iraqi sympathizer. But after that was over what was left? Nothing. Bret Hart played both heel and face extremely well. He coud rile up a crowd and make them love him or hate him. I've heard people say that Hart was horrid on the mic. I beg to differ, go check out the shit from 96 and 97. He was on top of his game.

I guess what it boils down to for me is this. Whenever Slaughter returns for his occasional beating. He usually gets a smatter of applause. Whereas the mere mention of Bret Hart will make the crowd go insane. Hart will be remembered for everything he's done in his career. Slaughter will only be remembered for the beating he got at the hands of Hulk Hogan.

Bret Hart wins this one.

This is as big of a blowout as any in this round. Slaughter is a former champion, but he was nothing but a transitional champion. He was a way to get the title back on Hogan and make everyone feel good. He was a big deal in the AWA, but that's all he's ever really done.

Then you have Bret Hart. The name couldn't be better. He is a legend in every sense of the word. I read a column on another site that if there hadn't been a Montreal Screwjob, he would have faced Cena at WM 23 and that makes sense. He would be Shawn today: a veteran that can be put into the mian event in a pinch and won't put on a bad match. Easily Bret, and it's not even close.

Bret Hart all the way. The name Hart is synonymus with Pro Wrestling in North America and Bret more than lived up to the hype. He could make you either love him or hate him and he never put on a bad match. I like Slaughter but Bret would be to fast for him. Bret is going to wi nthis in a landslide.

Who the hell voted for Slaughter? Seriously? It was obviously some stupid HBK fan who has decided because of the rivalry between the 2 he'd forget about everything Hart did for the business. That is the only explanation I can think of to put Slaughter over. And it is THE stupidest thing I've ever seen. Whoever voted for Slaughter, I challenge you right now to come and defend that. Because I sure as hell want to see what warped reasoning you have.

Okay...This is a walk-over if I ever saw one. Hart is amazing, and will win this tournament. There is no way Slaughter is a bump in that either. Hart is just so good, and Slaughter, while good, is no where near that. Slaughter on a good day is Hart on a bad. That's me guessing he has a bad day, although if he did, I never saw one.

People forget Slaughters heel turn because in hindsight, it was truly tasteless and terrible to try to ride the coat tails off of an American war. To make capital off of an american turning to be an Iraqi symphathizer is pretty lame, despite what it did at the time.

Bret Hart wins this. Bret Hart was about as solid as it gets in the ring. Slaughter is much better then he is made out to be. Most remember his final heel run, and his even less then impressive final face run, but the man was a brutal beast in the early 80s and late 70's. I respect slaughter, but he isn't in the same league as the Hitman.

Hart walks. Easily. Slaughter was good, but can't even hope to compare to Bret Hart.

Hart is often regarded as the best in the ring ever. I can't disagree. He was simply amazing. I really don't what else to say, excpet, that if this tournament was based on wrestling talent, Hart would win it all. He simply the best there is, the best there was, and the best there ever will be.

VOTE HART!

Results: Bret Hat wins 16-2 and goes on to face Ricky Steamboat in Round 2.

My thoughts: Not surprised at all, although I was thinking Slaughter would get more than 2 votes. That being said there was no way Bret could lose. While he may not have the Charisma of some of the other people in this tournament his in ring abilitly more than made up for it. Bret Hart may very well be what he always said he was, The Best There Is, The Best There Was & The Best There Ever Will Be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back