WWE Battleground - World Heavyweight Championship: Alberto Del Rio (c) VS RVD

Jack-Hammer

YOU WILL RESPECT MY AUTHORITAH!!!!
On SD! this past Friday, the rematch for the WHC between Alberto Del Rio & RVD was made official.

According to some reports I read on a few sites during this past week, RVD is scheduled to take time off from WWE just after the Hell in a Cell ppv. The way his deal is structured, he gets a certain amount of time off every 90 days. A lot of people, me included, expected him to win the title at Night of Champions only for Damien Sandow to cash in his MITB briefcase afterward. I do think that's how it will ultimately play out at either Battleground or the HIAC ppv. RVD could win the title only to be screwed out of it by Sandow with RVD being "injured" & put on the shelf until he's ready to return and engage in a feud with Sandow over the WHC.

I predicted that ADR would win clean at NOC, and while that didn't happen he kept the title. I have been saying for a while that I think this title run from Del Rio is much improved from his others, and I think he is becoming a pretty good heel. It's not a popular opinion, but he is growing on me. That being said, I am going to stick to my guns in that Del Rio will walk out of Battleground with that clean win over RVD to continue his World title run.

Yawn. Talk about the worst feud ever. Frankly, I just don't understand why ADR is still holding the title. He had boring feuds with Big Slow, Shameless, and now RVD. He just flat out sucks on the mic and has zero charisma.

I will say he's very talented between the ropes but he's got as much personality as dishwasher.

I'm sure they're just waiting for Suck Mysterio to return to take that belt off him.

Double Yawn.

Yawn. Talk about the worst feud ever. Frankly, I just don't understand why ADR is still holding the title. He had boring feuds with Big Slow, Shameless, and now RVD. He just flat out sucks on the mic and has zero charisma.

I will say he's very talented between the ropes but he's got as much personality as dishwasher.

I'm sure they're just waiting for Suck Mysterio to return to take that belt off him.

Double Yawn.

I would have to completely agree with you. ADR is by far one of the most boring wrestlers in the company and i am hoping that his current reign as champion will also be his last. I also agree with you that Del Rio will not drop the belt to RVD, but to mysterio instead and with Mysterio looking set to return any time know I imagine we will see that happen at Hell in a cell. As far as the match goes, I can see it playing out much like it did at night of champions with RVD more then likely picking up a injury during the match and Del Rio capitilzing on this and more then likely getting a submission victory. I can also see ADR attack RVD after the match before Mysterio makes the save.

I would like to see RVD win the belt, then have Sandow cash in at HIAC, having yet ANOTHER extremely short less than 24hr major title run in the matter of 2 months would not look too good for WWE.

Just cant wait to see the title off Del Rio, and why for the love of god cant Del Rio have a contract like RVD or maybe Lesnar, wouldn't mind seeing him off tv for a few months instead of RVD.

This feud isn't really doing it for me anymore especially as RVD seems to be getting more involved in the storyline with The Corporation, so I'm hoping ADR retains and he moves onto someone else after Battleground, like Rey Mysterio or Cody Rhodes. And if Sandow were to cash in at Hell in a Cell, I'd rather he win the title off someone who is gonna stick around after the PPV so he can continue feuding with that person instead of win it off RVD and then have his first feud as champion with some random guy who wins a Battle Royal to become the new #1 contender to the title. His first feud with the title would have more meaning if it's against the guy he screwed and took the title from. Sandow could still injure and put RVD on the shelf (on the go home show to Hell in a Cell) to gain some momentum before he goes on to take the belt at the PPV.

I'm going with Alberto on this one, but I could see Van Dam winning the title with the Van Terminator after he took out Del Rio with it post-match at Night Of Champions. I think this match will have a No DQ stip added to it so we get a proper winner this time, and the No DQ stip will be more to RVD's advantage than Del Rio's. But again I want Del Rio to win this match, No DQ or not, so we can finish this feud between the two and both can move on.

It's hard to see RVD winning this contest when we know he's scheduled to take time off, isn't it? At the same time, after RVD got the hell beat out of him last night, I was sure his vacation was starting right then, with a replacement for his match at Battleground being announced this week or next.

Instead, he winds up fighting (briefly) in the "11 vs. 3" match, despite his seemingly grievous injuries. So, I guess his PPV match is still on, which begs the question: How many "real" wrestling fans who buy PPVs will have no interest in ADR vs. RVD (for the "All-Initial" title) because they figure their guy doesn't have a chance of taking home the belt?

http://www.wwe.com/events/querétaro

This is just over a week after Battleground, the Mexican tour, so I see Del Rio retaining just because they will want a Mexican champion in Mexico, and probably move on to feuding with Mysterio.

Good point. Alternatively, they could have Del Rio drop the belt and launch his feud with Mysterio out of pride for their people or something.

We know this match will be good. That's not the problem. The feud has been very average and hopefully this is where it ends. If they add a No-DQ stipulation then it will be a 5-star match. Hopefully something like Falls Count Anywhere so they can really show off.

I personally think it is time Del Rio dropped the belt. I just cannot stand him and there are better options. RVD deserves one last run and giving him the world title, even for a couple of weeks, would be smart. RVD wins at Battleground, maybe a triple threat at HIAC and then Sandow cashes in. That is how I think it should go because if RVD is taking time off, and ADR doesn't improve then they need a new world champ.

Staggering interest in this one, clearly.

Mexican tour coming up, and RVD is set to take time off. Del Rio obviously wins.

My reaction to his theme music is the same as when I see a parking ticket on my windshield. This match just happened three weeks ago.

I hate you, WWE

http://www.wwe.com/events/querétaro

This is just over a week after Battleground, the Mexican tour, so I see Del Rio retaining just because they will want a Mexican champion in Mexico, and probably move on to feuding with Mysterio.

Because Mexicans only care about and like Mexican wrestlers...this is so, I'm not sure of the word, but maybe ignorant? Do you only like American wrestlers (or wherever you're from)?

I don't think that matters. I don't think RVD needs the belt. It's just a fun match to me.

20130919_battleground-matches_HOMEPAGE_DelRioRVD%203.jpg

This should be a great match and will probably be the second best of the evening other than the WWE Championship match. I don't think RVD will win. If he did, it would likely mean Sandow is cashing in, which I don't see happening at this PPV event or against RVD at all at the moment. Alberto and RVD have the capability to provide a great match, other than that I'm not that interested, I'm only interested in this match due to how good the competitors are in the ring. WWE has done nothing to make me feel interested in the match at all, quite honestly, and that can be said for the entire PPV.

This is most likely where this feud is going to end. It's gone on long enough. Alberto will retain and move on to his next challenger. RVD goes on to some filler feud against somebody else. The match probably goes on toward the middle of the evening, I don't see it going on last at all. The WWE Championship match almost certainly will be last instead.

DAGGER'S PREDICTION
Alberto Del Rio retains the World Heavyweight Championship.
No Money In the Bank cash-in.

This should be a pretty good match up and as far as the winner goes the only way I could see RVD winning this is if Damien Sandow cashes in which I don't think will happen so I'm going with Del Rio on this one.

More detailed prediction
[youtube]GlfxMt7eTQI[/youtube]

The first match I am predicting is the Battleground Hardcore Match between Alberto Del Rio and RVD for the World Heavyweight Championship. This match will see the involvement and the encouragement of Weapons such as Steel Chairs, Tables, Kendo Sticks and even things such as Ladders.

Wonder’s Prediction: I believe that RVD will win this match against Del Rio to become the new World Heavyweight Championship however then we will see Damien Sandow run down to the ring wearing his gear with the Money in the Bank briefcase which will allow him to cash in.

End Prediction: Damien Sandow def. RVD for the World Heavyweight Championship

Really interesting to see a "hardcore" match between these two, obviously this is going to be their last encounter, since RVD is NOT going to win the WHC. I'm just hoping to see the "sadistic" side of ADR, because until this point that side is simply attacking an arm and applaying his armbreaker. He needs to prove how vicious he can be with a weapon.

ADR retains.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back