WWE Backlash: WWE World Championship - Dean Ambrose (c) VS AJ Styles

Jack-Hammer

YOU WILL RESPECT MY AUTHORITAH!!!!
After a win against Dolph Ziggler on SmackDown Live tonight, AJ Styles is the #1 contender and faces off with Ambrose at the first SmackDown Live branded ppv, Backlash.

This could be a fun feud and should be an entertaining bout. Part of me wants to see Styles win the title while the other part wants to see Ambrose retain. I think Ambrose has done a great job as WWE Champion and it'd be nice to see him have a long run with the title. The problem is that the blue brand's roster isn't exactly overflowing with credible main event title challengers.

After a win against Dolph Ziggler on SmackDown Live tonight, AJ Styles is the #1 contender and faces off with Ambrose at the first SmackDown Live branded ppv, Backlash.

This could be a fun feud and should be an entertaining bout. Part of me wants to see Styles win the title while the other part wants to see Ambrose retain. I think Ambrose has done a great job as WWE Champion and it'd be nice to see him have a long run with the title. The problem is that the blue brand's roster isn't exactly overflowing with credible main event title challengers.

Ambrose has done a great job as champion?:lmao::lmao::lmao: What wrestling show have you been watching the past couple of months? Ambrose has been a complete failure as champ and if you don't believe me just ask Austin. I was so happy Austin called him out and embarrassed Ambrose on the last podcast. Ambrose is just plain lazy I mean look at his feud with Ziggler. Styles made Ziggler a bigger deal in one match than Ambrose did in a whole month. Styles is the best wrestler in the world today having incredible matches with Jericho, Reigns and Cena not to mention doing some of the best mic work of his career. You have to strike when the iron is hot and nobody is more over than AJ Styles is at the moment.

I am actually really looking forward to this match and I think you said it best JH, it could be a really fun feud. I'm usually not known for applauding what Ambrose does in the ring but I'm not going to act like he isn't better than half the guys on the roster and put one of the top 5 (arguably top 3) guys ATM in with him and it'll be a good time. I think their characters are almost perfect to take on each other. Everything about this match makes sense and looks like it could only end up good. Can't believe I'm saying it but I am really looking forward to an Ambrose match.

Who's going to win? I think Ambrose probably holds onto it for another month/ppv before dropping it to Styles. I would be very, very shocked if Styles doesn't take the belt from Ambrose. Styles has been wonderful so far and it only seems right to have him be the man of the blue brand.

Lots of potential here. AJ is probably the best wrestler in the world right now. He's had no less that six 4 Star+ matches since coming to the WWE. 7 if you count the Rumble. And as he's shown since his feud with Cena started, he's a pretty damn good talker too. More than most ever gave him credit for, that's for sure.

Feelings on Ambrose may be mixed among the IWC but the fact is that most of the audience loves him. He's still one of the hottest acts in the business. His in-ring style may leave a bit to be desired for some, but with a great partner he can have great matches. These two already gave us a bit of a sample on Raw and it was pretty killer for what it was.

This doesn't feel like a one PPV program to me. I think AJ will probably lose at Backlash then win at No Mercy and then blow it off at Survivor Series with a gimmick. Or maybe they put it on him now and blow it off at No Mercy and give him something bigger at Survivor Series. Orton, perhaps? A returning Cena? Either way, I think AJ comes out of this feud with the title. And he fucking deserves it.

Ambrose has had an utterly forgettable reign so far. That's not entirely his fault. He's on the B show and they put him in amid level feud with Ziggler, who absolutely nobody thought was a viable challenger.

Styles shouldn't go from beating Cena to losing or not gaining the title when he has the opportunity. And Ambrose chasing Styles as champion is more compelling.

There's a way to make both guys come out of this looking fantastic. If WWE was smart they'd drag this out over 3 PPV's, especially if John Cena is going to be taking an extended amount of time off like the rumors say he is. At this point, having Ambrose beat AJ Styles at Backlash would do a lot to get the momentum back on his side. Putting him with Ziggler was a mistake and a terrible way to capitalize off of him winning the Shield triple threat, there was next to no interest in that match at all and the fans showed that with their lack of reaction at Summerslam.

I think it's a given that Styles will be WWE Champion sooner rather than later, but I'd have him win it at No Mercy rather than Backlash. Give Ambrose a big win before he ultimately loses two straight.

I personally think Dean Ambrose should lose the WWE World Championship to AJ Styles. Dean Ambrose's title reign has been lacklustre and it would be better if he dropped the title and focused on building up momentum without it before receiving another chance somewhere down the line. It was bad enough that he didn't look very credible going into his cash-in victory over Seth Rollins. He needs to be booked better. A win over AJ Styles already happened for Dean Ambrose, so I don't think he needs another one here. AJ Styles on the other hand needs to sustain his momentum, because a) he beat John Cena clean and b) he already failed to capture the WWE World Championship two Pay-Per-Views in a row against Roman Reigns. I feel like losing the match here will only make him a chaser of the title and not a winner of the title. That's not good for him since we don't know if he'll be any hotter than he is right now. I really don't want to see him end up dropping out of the WWE World title hunt altogether and chase the Intercontinental Championship instead. For some reason, that just seems beneath him, especially knowing how good his matches have been against top stars.

There's a way to make both guys come out of this looking fantastic. If WWE was smart they'd drag this out over 3 PPV's, especially if John Cena is going to be taking an extended amount of time off like the rumors say he is. At this point, having Ambrose beat AJ Styles at Backlash would do a lot to get the momentum back on his side. Putting him with Ziggler was a mistake and a terrible way to capitalize off of him winning the Shield triple threat, there was next to no interest in that match at all and the fans showed that with their lack of reaction at Summerslam.

I think it's a given that Styles will be WWE Champion sooner rather than later, but I'd have him win it at No Mercy rather than Backlash. Give Ambrose a big win before he ultimately loses two straight.
I agree with you.

Ziggler was wrong as a title contender as his credibility has gone down a lot which made the result of Ziggler-Ambrose match more predictable.

I am torn who should win this. On one side, it's Ambrose who surely needs a big win in his title defense and on the other side, it's AJ Styles who has a lot of momentum since pinning John Cena clean. I think that let Ambrose win via DQ as AJ uses a weapon (say a chair) on him. And then have a rematch at No Mercy with a No DQ stipulation where AJ wins and then end this feud with another AJ victory in either a Last Man Standing match or 2 out of 3 falls match.

I'd give AJ the win. He's on fire. WWE is competing against NE vs. ARZ that night so they really got to put on a good PPV.

Extended break? First time I've heard that. Yeah Ziggler is so stale. They really need to turn him heel.

As much as I would love to see a longer Ambrose reign, I would get the title on Styles here personally. He is just too hot after pinning Cena clean at Summerslam. It wasn't just a fluke or a "catch" either, he styles clashed him then put the exclamation point on him with the forearm. It was a dominant victory and should be rewarded as such.

I can also see this going to a double DQ or countout to drag into No Mercy, but I would rather AJ beat Dean here and Dean chase for a while to be built back up again after being booked like shit for so long. Styles vs Orton sounds awesome as well.

As expected, It was a damn good match.

Styles winning via a low blow and Styles Clash put great heel heat on him. I don't know about others but I did notice improvement in Ambrose's in-ring work while he was the champion.

The fallout Smackdown episode featured Ambrose turning heel via post-match Dirty Deeds on John Cena. This heel turn is a great decision for Ambrose as he's way better as a heel. Him getting booed for attacking Cena is also a good sign.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back