WWE Announces Network Special taking place in the UK

BringThePain834

Getting Noticed By Management
Today WWE announced the following event that will air live on the WWE Network on September 7th.

goUEbi3.jpg

I think what's interesting about this is that they're taking time to go and it's not a part of the regular European Tours that they do. I also like that they are doing more of these WWE Network special events (WWE stopping in Hawaii in-between or on the way back from the Japan Tour is still on my bucket list for the WWE Network) The crowds over there are always great and I hope that it makes up for that less than favorable Takeover that took place there. I also am expecting Brock Lesnar to be added to this at some point, just because realistically, that's the only legit reason to do a WWE Network Special.

I can't remember but is this any sort of holiday back in Britain or is something happening that is the reason this is happening? It should be good though, UK crowds are always a blast and know their wrestling.

Hopefully we see these network specials more often. I kind of like them.

Sweet, this should be a nice little fanservice show. I am really beginning to get behind the Network specials, it makes it feel like they care about my investment.

@Navi as far as I am aware Sept 7th doesn't have any particular special meaning to us.

Is the usual European tour still in November this year? I know they usually do one in April time as well.

@Navi - most of the public holidays here are in the first half of the year, and there's none at all between the last Monday in August and Christmas Day. So Sept 7th is literally just another day.

I will be looking to get tickets for this. I don't like the O2 Arena, which I why I don't go to Raw every April there, even though I live in London, but I will make an exception for this. I prefer Wembley Arena personally (seen Raw, TNA and NXT Takeover there and they were spot on) but the O2 holds 6-8k more so I can see why WWE have chosen it.

It will be a nice little bit of nostalgia for me, as my first ever live event was a UK-only ppv, which in many ways were the predecessors of the Network specials: Insurrexion 2001, at the now-demolished Earl's Court.

If Lesnar appears, it will be a huge huge bonus!

One small aside on the network specials in general: I quite like how they are slowly integrating NXT wrestlers with the main roster in them, a good way of giving them experience without having to shoe-horn in a main roster debut/storyline before they are ready (and by they, I mean the creative team)

I can't remember but is this any sort of holiday back in Britain or is something happening that is the reason this is happening? It should be good though, UK crowds are always a blast and know their wrestling.

Hopefully we see these network specials more often. I kind of like them.

It's still British Summer Time here in September.

Well it's supposed to be, if our Summer this year is anything like last year's was it'll be a washout.

The main event must be Neville challenging for the WWE World Heavyweight Championship. Hopefully what we will get is Reigns vs Ambrose vs Rollins for the title at Summer Slam so Rollins wins and we have his first title defense here in a face vs face match against Neville.

The main event must be Neville challenging for the WWE World Heavyweight Championship. Hopefully what we will get is Reigns vs Ambrose vs Rollins for the title at Summer Slam so Rollins wins and we have his first title defense here in a face vs face match against Neville.
Nice, buddy. The Shield Triple Threat is surely inevitable and Summerslam 2016 would be the right venue for this match to happen. The match being for the title would surely make it more intriguing. Seth Rollins can make a comeback as a babyface against a heel Roman Reigns and Dean Ambrose and win the title. And then we can get Rollins VS Neville for the title at this live special from which I have expectations that it would be even more awesome than Balor VS Neville since there is Rollins in it.

Other scenario: Rollins returns as a heel and wins the title at Summerslam via help from Triple H. Then Rollins starts showing babyface tactics and prefers fighting like The Man he is instead of being a coward cocky heel. Which leads to Triple H screwing him for the title and we can get the inevitable Face Seth Rollins VS Heel Triple H (c) at Wrestlemania 33 where Rollins goes over to become the champ again. Unlike Roman Reigns, Seth Rollins can really be accepted as an underdog against Triple H which can serve as an icing on the cake.

:devil:

Neville might be lucky and get a title shot, but I doubt he'd win, not clean anyway. As much as I like the lad, he's perhaps a bit on the small side to be World Champ, then again, 10 years ago so was Rey Mysterio and he won the 2006 Royal Rumble and main evented Mania that year, about that though, I think they let Rey win the 2006 Rumble purely because 3 months earlier Eddie Guerrero died, who was Rey's best mate.

The issue I have with this event being held at the O2 arena is that WWE does TV at the O2 Arena all the time on the European tours and isn't the whole point of these specials to be held at places that they don't usually go to or that they go to but rarely broadcast, which is a reason that this show should take place at the Royal Albert Hall, and the main event of that show can be a big battle royal. But then again that would disappoint the hell out of the Internet because Roman Reigns would most likely win the damn thing.

The issue I have with this event being held at the O2 arena is that WWE does TV at the O2 Arena all the time on the European tours and isn't the whole point of these specials to be held at places that they don't usually go to or that they go to but rarely broadcast, which is a reason that this show should take place at the Royal Albert Hall, and the main event of that show can be a big battle royal. But then again that would disappoint the hell out of the Internet because Roman Reigns would most likely win the damn thing.

It's a network special, nothing will happen that matters, it's basically a house show that they can jack ticket prices up on.

A wrestling event at the Albert Hall? Won't happen, although it did once before, an event including a Battle Royal for the Royal Sammovar Trophy, which the hate British Bulldog won.

Sadly that event isn't on the Network for some reason.

Got my tickets today, looking forward to it already.

It humours me that I've struggled to get tickets to Wrestlemania despite it not selling out and being a 90k+ availability (and, having been to the last 9, knowing that at the last 6 they've had tickets on the door for almost all of them) that I've got tickets so easily for the 16k O2 Arena, which sells out Raw every April in a matter of hours... Surely *nothing* to do with tickets being sold by the Ticket Factory rather than Ticketmaster who have made such a mess of the Wrestlemania sale this year

Even though it's on the Network, don't expect anything important to Storylines such as title changes to happen in the UK, the only time I can ever remember a title changing hands in the UK was William Regal lost the European belt once a long time ago in London, think it was at Insurrextion in 2002.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back