WWE 2K15

nbieclkl91

Quote the Raven, nevermore.
Ok so, I got to thinking as I was playing WWE 2K14. What are they going to make the theme for 2K15? Usually every year, there is a new theme for the WWE games (ex. WWE 2K14: 30 years of Wrestlemania, WWE 13: Attitude Era, SVR 08: ECW, SVR 09: Tag Teams, etc).

Personally, I would like to see them do a NXT theme similar to how they did the "Featuring ECW" in SVR 08. Maybe even bring back a "Road to Wrestlemania" where you pick your NXT superstar and make your way up the ranks, eventually winning the NXT title and moving on to the main brands.

What do you guys think? Do you agree with my idea or do you have an idea of your own that you'd like to see?

I love VC's career modes for their basketball and baseball games, so a my career mode with many paths would be awesome. Think here comes the pain, but 10x a bigger scale. Also, I'd like to see them honor WCW legends as characters. But to be honest, if they leave community creations in tact, they've got my money.

I love VC's career modes for their basketball and baseball games, so a my career mode with many paths would be awesome. Think here comes the pain, but 10x a bigger scale.

:worship:

I'd also like to see them kind of add in a create-a-promotion/franchise mode where you have to create a brand new promotion. signing generic wrestlers when you first start out as an indie organisation before building up and stealing the up and coming talent from wwe, pinching stars like cena and co. as you build up you go from booking high school gyms to national arenas/stadiums. You'd also have to keep your talent happy or risk them leaving and going to other indies or the wwe

obviously all the indies and generic stars wouldn't be licensed

I've been clamoring for an NXT Mode. A mode that allows you to create a superstar, start a career in NXT and eventually move to Raw or Smackdown. I'd also like to see the return of General Manager Mode (it's a shame they replaced it with Universe Mode which I find rather boring) and control the brand of our choice.

They need to go back and rework universe mode entirely. Start by giving us a full 365 day calender instead of the lazy 48 week schedule we currently get. Allow me to set shows whenever i want. If I want my Monday show to not air one week or to have a special on a Saturday let it be. The rivalries that you can set were a good idea but overall were a shit addition that made universe even more boring then previous games as cutscenes rarely happen when not in a rivalry. At least make it so we can do any kind of rivalry 1 v 3, 1 v 2, 2 v 3, 3 v 3, triple threats, fatal four ways, six packs, allow us to put wrestlers in multiple rivalries at once. Don't limit it too three per brand.

Could we please get our triple threat tag team matches back. Surely they aren't that hard to code. Also new scenes for DQ's and count outs. If someone DQ's themself logically there should be some kind of continuous attack after the match or the the uy that DQ'd themselves looking smug about it or something. The one cutscene we have is stupid.

I will stop here before i make an essay about everything i don't like about the previous game.

Need to totally chance universe mode so much more needs to be done and an option to insert cut scenes rather than random ones, and a type of rating system much like the old gm mode. Viewing figures and match ratings to judge just how good your shows were.

One thing I think would be great and could be a possibility is a "Monday night wars" more, in the exact same mould as the attitude era and 30 years of mania. With rumours of sting signing and the usual announcements made around summerslam, much the same as warrior did for 2k14 sting can be the face of the new game mode?

I think it could be a great mode.

A suggestion...

How about a WCW 2000 Mode?

Some highlights:

-You won't recognize half of the roster.

-Heels have a 90% win rate.

-The results of matches are often reversed with no explanation.

-The commentators constantly refer to "the script" and "production meetings."

-Matches can be no longer than 5 minutes.

-Vince Russo

Place your order today! :rolleyes:

Honestly though, I would like for the General Manager Mode to return. There's actually some strategy involved and with some tweaking, more strategy could be involved.

Also, I too agree that the Universe Mode needs some tweakng.

With WWE 2K14, even if I book and play every match in Universe Mode, the PPV championship matches are wrong with the booking. I've had wrestlers challenging for a title at a PPV who are ranked 4th or 5th in the standings and haven't wrestled for weeks.

I agree with need for some tweaks for the universe mode.

I started playing WWE games again with WWE 13, and the universe mode is still tedious and repetitive in WWE 2K14. After I finished the 30 Years Of Wrestlemania, WWE 2K14 bored the shit out of me with the universe mode.

The formula for #1 contenders makes no sense at all. I took control of CM Punk to win a #1 contender's match with Seth Rollins as WWE Champion, but at the next pay per view (Summerslam) Punk wasn't on the card at all, and the WWE Championship match featured Rollins and Randy Orton. I finally got the title shot at Night Of Champions in a one match with Rollins, but #1 contender's matches are not a guarantee for a one on one match. Sometimes, they'll throw in some random triple threat or fatal four way, and it's a massive clusterfuck.

The 30 Years Of Wrestlemania was fun (beating Rock at WM 29 was a monumental pain in the ass), but The Streak mode was a massive disappointment for me. I was hoping for the chance to defend the streak as Taker through all 29 Wrestlemanias, or something where you can pick one of Taker's opponents at Wrestlemania to break The Streak. But I guess you could say that dilutes the 30 Years Of Wrestlemania mode, because they feature some of Taker's streak matches in there.

I don't have a problem with the NXT idea, but what about a mode with stables and stables feuding against each other? Something where you can take control of Evolution, Evolution 2014, The Shield's rise to the top, maybe The Wyatt Family, The Straightedge Society, the NWO, DX, Right To Censor, The Ministry Of Darkness, etc. Although, I'm not 100% sure about DX because WWE really beat the Attitude Era dead horse in WWE 13.

WWE2K14 had massive freezing and glitch issues especially in WWE Universe mode. There were also CAW issues like having weird looking match up pictures of your creation because of the downloaded textures. I'd like to see a biggest moments mode and not just 30 Years of WrestleMania mode because a lot of great matches get left out and don't even touch upon other non Mania PPVs. I'd also like to see Universe mode get fixed and have the option to choose which cutscenes and storylines you run with. Make it fully customizable. Once they do that, you can build your own stories and conceivably do anything from the past or present in your Universe mode.

I'm getting tired of these season modes... they're so boring. What I really want is a story mode similar to Day of Reckoning, something that expands over the course of two or three upcoming games. Or maybe bring back a redo of the last RTWM that we got. It was cool seeing the different paths all blend into one. Maybe this time they can have us select up to like 3 or 4 superstars, and have the RTWM generate a linear storyline.

As for Universe Mode, I think that it should work a lot like NBA's Association mode. Or maybe they can make it work like MyTeam or the Madden Ultimate Team where you start out with a booster pack of 8 Superstars, 3 divas, a ring, one male-singles championship, and two commentators [the two on Main Event seem good] and then you have to build up your show in comparison to other peoples' Universes. Maybe it's just me, but I think something like that could really get people into the games. Also, tweaking the cut scenes and rivalry bit could help a lot.

Also, I think they should allow users to upload and download roster updates... again, similar to other sports games like Madden and the NBA 2k Series. That way, even though the games will be released annually, we'll still be able to play with up to date rosters [even if they're mostly CAWs].

I actually liked the story mode in Smackdown: Just Bring It better than the other modes that have been in newer games. I like the concept of branching storylines in which the story changes depending on what choices you make. If WWE2K15 had something similar to that, I'd be happy. I am not expecting monumental changes though since WWE likes quantity over quality.

I only do the story modes to unlock everything. And I love those cut scenes where wrestlers move in slow motion and they rety to recreate stuff from the past.

This year the storyline will be WCW based. Mark my words.

I dip in and out of it when I have the time, and for the most part I enjoy it.

A couple of things I would like to change, however:

• in Universe mode, it LOVES to break up tag teams. I guess that makes it kinda realistic, as WWE often does the same thing, but if I've just made a tag team in my universe, I don't expect those partners to be feuding with each other by the time the next ppv comes around!

• in fact, I wish the generic tag team matches it throws up didn't happen at all. Either only include wrestlers at the top of the WWE Title rankings, or actual teams the user has set up.

• I wish you could download CAW that can be set as 'manager only' - this function exists, as the likes of Ricardo Rodriguez and Mr Fuji are only able to be used as managers; this way we could have downloaded Paul Heyman or Zeb Colter safe in the knowledge they wouldnt be booked in matches every bloody week!

• further to this, add a manager option to the 'personalise universe' page so you can preset a manager to a wrestler rather than having to add a manager on the wrestler select page; have that manager accompany his/her wrestler automatically in every single or tag match they participate in.

• less AI-selected gimmick matches please. I don't want to play a Smackdown! with Sin Cara v Heath Slater in a Hell in a Cell match, thank you very much! If I want a gimmick match, it should (a) make sense and (b) unless on a specific ppv I shall book it myself.

• the biggest thing, and I don't understand why, with the capabilities consoles have these days: increase the maximum amount of wrestlers in a match to 8. That way we could have fatal 4-way tag matches, and actual Survivor Series matches! Can't be difficult surely?

• entrances at the Elimination Chamber matches!!

I dip in and out of it when I have the time, and for the most part I enjoy it.

A couple of things I would like to change, however:

• in Universe mode, it LOVES to break up tag teams. I guess that makes it kinda realistic, as WWE often does the same thing, but if I've just made a tag team in my universe, I don't expect those partners to be feuding with each other by the time the next ppv comes around!

• in fact, I wish the generic tag team matches it throws up didn't happen at all. Either only include wrestlers at the top of the WWE Title rankings, or actual teams the user has set up.

• I wish you could download CAW that can be set as 'manager only' - this function exists, as the likes of Ricardo Rodriguez and Mr Fuji are only able to be used as managers; this way we could have downloaded Paul Heyman or Zeb Colter safe in the knowledge they wouldnt be booked in matches every bloody week!

• further to this, add a manager option to the 'personalise universe' page so you can preset a manager to a wrestler rather than having to add a manager on the wrestler select page; have that manager accompany his/her wrestler automatically in every single or tag match they participate in.

• less AI-selected gimmick matches please. I don't want to play a Smackdown! with Sin Cara v Heath Slater in a Hell in a Cell match, thank you very much! If I want a gimmick match, it should (a) make sense and (b) unless on a specific ppv I shall book it myself.

• the biggest thing, and I don't understand why, with the capabilities consoles have these days: increase the maximum amount of wrestlers in a match to 8. That way we could have fatal 4-way tag matches, and actual Survivor Series matches! Can't be difficult surely?

• entrances at the Elimination Chamber matches!!

Why don't you just set it in your universe to where tag teams don't form or break up? That's what I do because I got tired of teams I put together breaking up like you said. Although I wish the options were split because I don't mind new teams forming.

I completely agree on both things you said about the managers. After playing 2K14 for a few days I wanted the same functions. If I want to form a stable with a manager or even have a singles wrestler always come down to the ring with a specific manager I should be able to do that.

Since Universe mode is likely not going away I'd like to see it more like GM mode was. Rate the matches and shows. Maybe go back to wrestlers having a certain popularity. So you can take a low card guy and work their way up to being a main event person through match wins and story lines. Have NXT as a brand that you can call wrestlers up from and send them down.

I can't find the article now but I read somewhere that they're supposed to be having real life updates like they do with NBA2K. I'm not sure how I feel about that because this year the updates were a cluster fuck because of injuries and not having any way to get around that. Derrick Rose for example.

For a season mode I'd like to be able to create a wrestler or pick a wrestler and have their popularity go all the way down and work my way through NXT and on to the main roster and eventually to Wrestlemania for a shot at the World Heavyweight title.

Superstars threads is cool but I'd like to be able to expand on that. I don't know if it's possible with the wrestlers now but say I want to take Daniel Bryan and have him wear pants instead of trunks or put Cena in wrestling gear instead of those shorts it would be nice to be able to do.

If they can even insert a decent Career Mode I would be stoked and play it infinitely. And with the way they have done Career Mode in NBA 2K, I am highly optimistic. It doesn't even have to be extremely in-depth this year. Start with a simple structure and work off of it for the next few years. A one calendar year custom character storyline would be fantastic.

Can't tell you how much I miss GM Mode from the early SVRs! The storyline function, the match rating system, it gave you a goal. I would like to see some kind of goal in universe mode, it's a lot of fun, but there's nothing really to legitimately try to accomplish.

You know what this franchise could use? A true visual upgrade. Higher-resolution textures, revamped entrances and post-match celebrations for all the Superstars, motion capture courtesy of the wrestlers themselves, dynamic camera angles, a decent "replay" system, arenas that actually match their real-life counterparts.

Probably too much for Yuke's to handle in a year but a man can dream...

There are alot of good suggestions here. If I had to look at what the possible theme of the game would be, I'd have to go with something to do with NXT. There has been alot of focus on the brand in recent months, with alot of new talent being promoted to the main roster and I wouldn't be at all surprised for WWE 2K15 to have a story mode where you start in NXT with the goal of being promoted to the main roster and eventually winning the WWE title at a Wrestlemania. I think this would be a very entertaining mode, but would require a large roster, as the regular WWE roster would have to be topped up with alot of the NXT wrestlers as well.

I'm not that bothered about the re-addition of GM Mode, I never really cared for it but I do think Universe mode should be revamped. I like it at the moment, but it could be so much better than it is.

For example, the Rivalry feature is a good addition (although my game crashes almost every time I try to start a new rivalry), but there should be options to have more than just 1v1 or 2v2 rivalries- for example 1v4 or 2v2v2. This would create alot of new matches and cut-scenes that we haven't seen on current games. Also, during a rivalry it shouldn't just be the same matches week after week, which really pisses me off in the current game.

I'd like the option to be able to set a character to be a manager/valet for a wrestler and a faction, accompanying them to ringside in every match. That is a little thing, but something I would definitely like to see for realism.

We have seen matches like Buried Alive, Casket, Bar Room Brawl and others on previous versions of WWE games, they need to come back.

The backstage area should be free-roaming as on the early Smackdown! games, with many different areas such as locker rooms, car park, Vince's office, outside the arena etc. The current backstage brawl is extremely limited.

I'd like to be able to set a different entrance, and different music for different attires for my CAW. For example, if he is in the nWo, in DX, and heel/face versions.

I have to say the universe mode has become pretty lame and consists of no story except for a random run in here and there. I think your idea for a NxT mode isn't a bad idea and it is something that could work well but I honestly don't think that NxT has a big enough audience that it can be a focal point of the RTWM section of the game.

Now that leaves us with the What Now? question. WWE has already done Attitude Era, ECW, and even the All Stars so that doesn't give many areas left.

I think the CAW storyline should be the choice to go with this year BUT it should not be the it was like it SVR 11 because I felt that story was really just crap. I think the CAW story should start of a bit like UFC career mode where you can show the CAW in NXT for a while, he makes his way up to the main roster (SD!) where he gets involved in a minor feud with a upper tier jobber and than challenges for the US Title. Than returns the WWE Draft where the CAW is drafted to Raw so he is stripped of the title. On Raw he feuds with a mid carder for the IC title and defends at WM that year. The next year he continues his reign till Summerslam where he steps up to main event scene by taking on a top tier opponent. By RR he is being established as a #1 contender and he wins the RR. That leads to a feud where he wins the WWE WHC championships at WM.

A simple two year span career mode type of story which if worked effectively could be really fun.

I think the primary concern that WWE 2K15 needs to address with the transition to the next-generation consoles is more wrestlers available in the ring at the same time. I've never had any slowdown issues with gameplay in terms of processing power, which suggests that the Xbox 360/PS3 hardware weren't being used to their full potential. With the new specifications of the Xbox One/PS4, that count could easily be raised to ten wrestlers in a ring without sacrificing graphical quality. "Smackdown: Just Bring It!" could run the game coherently with eight wrestlers in the ring, and that was at the very beginning of the PS2 era; with the advancements in technology over the course of time, why has it been limited to six wrestlers for over ten years when they are capable of producing more than that? This is especially annoying for those wishing to play Survivor Series matches and creating a satisfying Royal Rumble match; six wrestlers simply doesn't cut it in order to emulate those popular match types.

I think the problem is finding the balnce between story lines and replay value in terms of career mode. The same is for Universe mode and GM mode, if there is no story there is no connection as there is to the real world the reason we get invested in matches is because their stories behind the battle taking place. The problem with a career mode/ Universe type mode is that we can only play the game for so long before the stories are beginning to repeat themselves and we lose interest in them.

Anyone else read this article, really got my Hopes UP for wwe 2k15, I'd love to see SOME of this in the game.

WWE 2K15: 9 Reasons It MUST Be WWF vs WCW

wcw.jpg

So if you've been following news sites recently, you'll know that there has been a company that works WITH the WWE that sent out the following casting call...

The breakdown included a listing for a Sting body double, age 38-50, who is, 6'2" 250lbs of pure muscle. Prefer a guy with wrestling experience, very fit. HEAVILY muscular. Slightly longer dark hair. Will have a full face of make up on. paying a higher rate as we need a GREAT double for this.

The breakdown also sought "Orchestra musicians with own insturments" aged 18 to 70 to portray a playing orchestra that would be made up in Sting's trademark facepaint.

Source: PWI through youtuber backyardgaming

----------

As you may or may not remember, there has been very similar calls for past games with the likes of Ultimate Warrior, Mike Tyson, and even Brock Lesnar while he was still in UFC. This means that 2kSports very well could be the ones who are bringing in Sting. And if that's true, do you think the Career mode this year could be the Monday Night Wars? As over beaten as it may be, WWE loves to go back to that for profitable reasons. So it'd be safe to assume that a Monday Night Wars storymode similar to the Attitude Era and 30 Years of WrestleMania that we've seen in recent history could take place.

Your thoughts?

I really hope that the rumour of NXT being in the game, with a view to have a game mode where you'd start in NXT and work your way up, similar to what they have in other their franchises, is actually true. I'd play the hell out of that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back