WWE: 2003 vs 2006

Paralyzer Z

Fuck honor
Again like my other two threads which product was better in which year.

I pick 2006 because of the sick john cena vs edge was an amazing feud.

Which year was WWE better 2006 or 2003? Why?

i would have to go with 03 because storyline wise wwe was picking up with the cena/lesnar story 2 young pups in a bitter rivalry over disrespect and team angle if im not mistaken if im wrog please correct me and not to mention wwe was still in the nwo stage no matter how brief it was

Side note guys; I usually do this on the old school wrestling section but I accidentally posted it here so it's free to move.

Also 06 had that brilliant triple threat match at wrestlemania 22

ummm......... 03 was the year of the legendary angle/lesnar feud, not to mention the hbk/y2j match at WM19. no contest.
smackdown was way better in 03 than its ever been since. nuff said.

To be honest I'd say 2006. The Cena/Edge rivalry, Foley Vs Edge hardcore match at Wrestlemania 22, the return of DX and their rivalries with The McMahons/The Spirit Squad(I'm probably the only one that enjoyed it), and the rebirth of ECW just did it for me.

Following my formula from the 2007 – 2008 and the 2009 – 2010 threads…

2003 – On the WWE Title side, we had Kurt Angle and Brock Lesnar holding my favorite WWE Championship Title Belt design ever, while on the World Title side, we had Triple H and Goldberg holding the Big Gold Belt.

2006 – On the WWE Title side, we had John Cena, Edge, and Rob Van Dam holding the Spinner Belt, while on the World Title side, we had Batista, Kurt Angle, Rey Mysterio, and King Booker holding the Big Gold Belt. On the ECW Title side, we had Rob Van Dam, The Big Show, and Bobby Lashley holding the Bloody Barb Wire Belt.

From the Main Event scene alone, I think 2003 takes it, but that’s just one of my personal favorite years because of WM XIX. ECW did help 2006, but not enough for me to pick over 03.

The better of the two years was 2006. 2003 had a few moments of its own that stand out such as the Michaels VS Jericho match at Wrestlemania 19, however, 2006 blows it out of the water completely because it had a long list of great moments and matches better than most of what 2003 had to offer. 2006 had the Cena VS Edge rivalry. The first MITB cash in. Edge VS Foley in a Hardcore match. Edge and Lita's live celebration. DX reunited. Edge and Orton formed Rated RKO. Jeff Hardy returned. Orton VS Hogan. Cena started his year long WWE Championship reign. DX humiliating the McMahons and the Spirit Squad.

It's 2006 for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back