Wrestling Prints

Discussion in 'Digital Arts and Graphics' started by something, Aug 8, 2012.

1. something

something Dark Match Jobber

Ok, so i'm a freelance graphic designer/animator - in my downtime i'm working on a series of wrestling posters, which, at the moment are based on my favourite matches. However, after a discussion with a friend, this could develop into producing a poster for each of the Wrestlemania events (based on one match per event).

Let me know your thoughts on these (there are only 3 so far - the first was the MitB 2011 and 2 Wrestlemania events - which are the start of the WM series.)

Money in the Bank 2011 - John Cena vs. CM Punk

[​IMG]

Wrestlemania XII - Bret Hart vs. Shawn Michaels

[​IMG]

Wrestlemania 2000 - Edge+Christian vs. Dudleys vs. Hardy Boyz

[​IMG]

These, in time will be sold through my website, plus (possibly) etsy - this wont be until i've got a few more produced.

The Crock and Theo Mays like this.
  2. something

something Dark Match Jobber

An update on yesterdays post, a new creation today..

Wrestlemania VI - Hulk Hogan vs The Ultimate Warrior

[​IMG]

3. Infinity

Infinity Starving (Martial) Artist

Something about the style of the poster makes it work best when using an older match. The poster of Cena/Punk felt weird, whereas the other 3 felt nostalgic. Perhaps it also had something to do with the fact that the other 3 were WrestleMania posters and the first was a Money in the Bank one. I love the HBK/Hart one and the Hogan/Warrior one. I would have preferred to see all 6 memebers of the TLC match in the poster, even if they were laying on the ground or something... but I'm no artist. Impressive work, regardless.

Edit:

I just realized why I don't like the first one. It looks more like CM Punk is giving John Cena a spanking than a GTS.

4. Allendawson

Allendawson Dark Match Jobber