Wrestlers who need nicknames...

sharpsh00ter23

Occasional Pre-Show
I was just thinking how awesome it must be for a wrestler to hear themselves referred to as something other than their wrestler's name. Some of the greatest of all time and a lot of up and comers have had nicknames added to their profile throughout their tenure. Which wrestlers do you think have the best nicknames? Here are a few examples.

The Rock- People's Champ; Brahma Bull; T.M.E.M.I.S.E (most electrifying...) The Jabroni beatin', pie eatin' lalalalalalaou etc. etc. etc. etc. People's Champ THE ROCK!!
Stone Cold- Texas Rattlesnake; Toughest S.O.B. Bionic Redneck
HHH- The Game, Cerebral Assassin, K.O.K (I hate that one) Ring General
Ric Flair - Naitch; Nature Boy; stylin' profilin' limousine ridin' jet-flyin' kiss stealin' wheelin' dealin' son of a gun. (Hope I got that right)
Bret Hart - The Hitman; Excellence of Execution
Shawn Michaels - The Showstoppa; Heartbreak Kid; Mr. Wrestlemania
J-Mo - Shaman of Sexy; Guru of Greatness; Friday Night Delight; New Face of Extreme; Tuesday Night Delight
Kane - Big Red Machine; Big Red Monster
Undertaker - Demon of Deathvalley; Phenom; Deadman; American Badass; Big Evil; The lord of Darkness; The Conscience of the WWE
Randy Orton - Legend Killer; Viper
C.M. Punk - Straightedge
Edge - Rated R Superstar
Christian - Captain Charisma
Jack Swagger - All American American
Mark Henry - World's Strongest Man

For the wrestlers who don't have a "REAL" one or no longer uses it:

John Cena - :lol:
Dolph Ziggler - :wtf:
MVP
Kofi Kingston

I know that there's more, but which ones do you think need one to add that extra spice to it?

MVP
Kofi Kingston

MVP is already using a nickname, otherwise we would be calling him Montel Vontavious Porter. I know he previously used The Franchise Playa and The Ballin' Superstar. Plus his thing about being the highest paid superstar or whatever.

MVP is already using a nickname, otherwise we would be calling him Montel Vontavious Porter
But the whole point is that Montel Vontavious Porter spells MVP... its not a nickname...
Dolph Ziggler
He doesnt have enuf of a character (telling ppl his name duznt count) to get a nickname...
... cena duznt need a nickname, but Mcmahon may make one for him just so they can sell more stuff with his name, or stuff w/ his nickname on it...
Kofi Kingston
isnt he the Jamaican Sensation?

I agree that just about every WWE superstar has some sort of nickname, but not everyone needs one. IMO, it just depends on the character. Some people work better by just using their full name or a stage name. Character development has changed so much over the years that a lot of wrestlers aren't using over-the-top characters anymore with flashy costumes and crazy personalities. Sometimes, it's the announcers who christen these nicknames onto people. Jim Ross has a good knack for that.

Cena used to do the "Doctor of Thugonomics" thing when he had the rap persona, and he uses "The Champ" when he has a belt. Now, I don't really know what he is. Maybe the "Jort Rockin', Overhyped Superface Who Needs a Heel Turn to Freshen His Character Up."

IMO, Ziggler doesn't need a nickname. When he started that character, he'd introduce himself to everyone. I thought the angle was pretty lame, but it worked because it didn't require a nickname.

As far as Kofi goes, I think he's alright just using that name. It works better for his character.

I was just thinking how awesome it must be for a wrestler to hear themselves referred to as something other than their wrestler's name. Some of the greatest of all time and a lot of up and comers have had nicknames added to their profile throughout their tenure. Which wrestlers do you think have the best nicknames? Here are a few examples.
if they have a badass nickname,yeah.I mean Jamaican buzzsaw(Kofi`s old)?Do you really think he is proud of it?No or maybe.If i was him i`d be more proud as the Rabid wolwerine,ppl`s champ,legend killer...

MVP
Kofi Kingston
Cena ain`t the champ anymore?thank god!:lol:
MVP is the highest paid athlete,mr.205...(he uses it in his titantron)
Kofi I mentioned earlier,and does Dolph really need a nickname?
P.S. divas call\called him Dick Ziglerr:lol::lol::lol:

The best nicknames comes from the announcers or the wrestler's peers! The best ones come from other people see in you (Mr. Wrestlemania), your character (The people's champ), your style (rabid wolverine), etc. You can't nickname yourself and expect it to stick! With that being said The Miz could use one! If he keeps advancing he WILL sneak up on one!

Dolph Ziggler: The Reflection Of Perfection
Kofi Kingston: The Jamaican Thunder
Zack Ryder: The Awesome One
CM Punk: The D.O.S. (Disciple/Dictator OF Straight-Edge)
Evan Bourne: Living Lightning
John Cena: Super Whitetrash :lmao:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back