• Daniel Bryan

• Roman Reigns

• Randy Orton

• John Cena

• Cesaro

• Brock Lesnar

• AJ Styles

Results are only viewable after voting.
It's all the exact same thing over and over again. You aren't providing examples, you aren't providing anything credible. You're just saying generic keyboard warrior lingo that wrestling fans use to criticize a wrestlers in-ring performance. So, try again. Try harder. Just try.

You've never actually seen an AJ Styles match, have you? Are you confusing him with The Young Bucks? The Young Bucks are two guys and AJ Styles is one. It's a pretty hard mistake to make mate. Maybe get your eyes checked out.

Well 15 people voted for him here and Zayn wasn't even nominated so, I'm going to say he's pretty great.

Actually it kind of does. I don't think you completely understand wrestling :/

But nevertheless, AJ Styles is the best wrestler in the world because of his talent, because of his pacing, because of his diversity, understanding of what makes a good, compelling wrestling match as well as his presence in the ring and how despite his lack of ability to speak he is able to convey his feelings through his movements in the ring. He has several great matches this year, as I have stated before, none of which have been matched by a match involving Sami Zayn. I'd say the weakest of the best matches Styles has had this year was vs. Adam Cole at All Star Extravaganza VI and even that is on-par with Zayn vs. Cesaro, 2 out of 3 falls. Hes won a much more important title than Zayn, he did it immediately showing how well he was viewed by the bookers, he was the first gaijin to win the title in nine years and the person to do it before him was Brock Lesnar. He went from being hated by the Japanese audience to being loved due to his quality and talent. He drew more people to larger arenas on bigger shows and he is ending 2014 as the face of NJPW's first North American PPV, and has been labeled by Jim Ross, "the biggest mistake I ever made as the head of talent relations".

If this was a boxing match, I'd have had you KO'd in the first second of the first round by whistling in your direction.

So basically you're dismissing my criticisms because you think they aren't genuine. Well, there's not much I can do about you putting fingers to your ear and going Na na na. If you enjoy AJ's strengths enough to overlook his flaws, that's fair, but to say they don't exist is just idiotic.

Like with O'Reilly, there's a point where AJ takes his time going to the top rope in the middle of the match while Kyle crawls to the center of the ring. Kyle looks back to see if AJ is in position, and AJ cues Kyle to stand up, Kyle stands up and AJ then hits his crossbody. This whole moment takes like 30 seconds. So when he's lying next to Kyle, goes up, and cues him to move, this is the period of "And for my next trick" that I was talking about. There's also the front missle dropick Kyle hits to AJ on the outside of the ring. AJ flies out of the ring, and says "Welp, Kyle needs to hit me with the signature, so let me crawl and sit in this chair for no fucking reason, except to let Kyle hit his move". It's kinda bullshit how Rey Mysterio always gets his opponents into the 2nd rope for the 619, but it's fine when those guys make sure they end up their in a logical way by stumbling into it from a move or something. AJ just decides that it's time to sit in the chair and throw ring psychology out the window. I don't know man, almost all of AJ's matches go like that. He hits a pretty move or two, then takes a breather for a few seconds to set up the next spot, and then telegraphs the next move. It's not easy to suspend disbelief with him when he's so determined to remind everybody that this isn't real.

If you want to make believe AJ Styles is the greatest wrestler in the world and can use no improvement, that's fine. I bet AJ believes the same thing. Meanwhile, a guy like El Generico who was similarly confident, sucked it up, moved to NXT, improved on literally every level, be it promos, facial expressions, selling realistically, telling the story of a match, working the bodyparts, etc. And now Sami Zayn is on a weekly program showing the entire world he's the best wrestler in the world while AJ is doing the same ol' stuff he's always done and relying on keyboard warriors like yourself to say "he's the best wrestler because he has great matches.. and his matches are great because he's such a great wrestler!"

So basically you're dismissing my criticisms because you think they aren't genuine. Well, there's not much I can do about you putting fingers to your ear and going Na na na. If you enjoy AJ's strengths enough to overlook his flaws, that's fair, but to say they don't exist is just idiotic.

Like with O'Reilly, there's a point where AJ takes his time going to the top rope in the middle of the match while Kyle crawls to the center of the ring. Kyle looks back to see if AJ is in position, and AJ cues Kyle to stand up, Kyle stands up and AJ then hits his crossbody. This whole moment takes like 30 seconds. So when he's lying next to Kyle, goes up, and cues him to move, this is the period of "And for my next trick" that I was talking about. There's also the front missle dropick Kyle hits to AJ on the outside of the ring. AJ flies out of the ring, and says "Welp, Kyle needs to hit me with the signature, so let me crawl and sit in this chair for no fucking reason, except to let Kyle hit his move". It's kinda bullshit how Rey Mysterio always gets his opponents into the 2nd rope for the 619, but it's fine when those guys make sure they end up their in a logical way by stumbling into it from a move or something. AJ just decides that it's time to sit in the chair and throw ring psychology out the window. I don't know man, almost all of AJ's matches go like that. He hits a pretty move or two, then takes a breather for a few seconds to set up the next spot, and then telegraphs the next move. It's not easy to suspend disbelief with him when he's so determined to remind everybody that this isn't real.

If you want to make believe AJ Styles is the greatest wrestler in the world and can use no improvement, that's fine. I bet AJ believes the same thing. Meanwhile, a guy like El Generico who was similarly confident, sucked it up, moved to NXT, improved on literally every level, be it promos, facial expressions, selling realistically, telling the story of a match, working the bodyparts, etc. And now Sami Zayn is on a weekly program showing the entire world he's the best wrestler in the world while AJ is doing the same ol' stuff he's always done and relying on keyboard warriors like yourself to say "he's the best wrestler because he has great matches.. and his matches are great because he's such a great wrestler!"

What the fuck man? I am sorry, but you're making yourself look like an idiot in this thread. You're over looking professional wrestling, you're complaining that in a 20+ minute match, one of the guys gives cues to the other and it takes a 30 second to get it going (which by the way is accepted, because the point you're making is at the 16 minutes of a match and the chair thing was just a confused wrestler, hell, he could've been standing and it would've been the same fucking thing). Also you clearly don't understand in-ring psychology outside of the WWE world - I'll give you some fresh news for you -

There's a reason for people to talk about "WWE Style" of wrestling, there's a reason why a veteran like freaking Prince Devitt needed to go to WWE's Developmental Center. It's not to learn how to wrestle, hell, he's been in my wet dreams for two years now, but to adapt to a different style.

LOOK AT THIS FREAKING THING:

BleakCraftyFlyingsquirrel.gif

You ever wondered why you've never seen something like that in a WWE ring? Those are two guys, in practice, not selling to forearms to the head at the 20 minute mark of a match. So they suck? Or are they just telling a different story in an environment where this is accepted? This is professional wrestling, a staged fight, so I am not expecting it to be like a "REAL FIGHT", I may be wrong but this is puroresu, the strong style as many like to call it and it's been made famous by the japanese community of wrestling. So, what, can't a wrestler be the best at one genre and be considered the best in the world?

Nobody here is saying that AJ Styles is perfect, specially not inside the WWE World of mainstream television and where your character means more than your talent (eg: Rusev). But in the world he's been so good that when you compare, and I watch WWE, ROH and New Japan, so I am talking as a fan, and I clearly get more entertained by what AJ Styles is bringing than what someone like Brock Lesnar is bringing or Sami Zayn for that matter (even though I also think Sami's been great and should have been nominated instead of Cesaro or Roman Reigns)...

I loved watching Lesnar break the streak, it made my jaw beat the ground, but I "wowed" a lot too whenever AJ Styles got into a ring this year, and I always thought that the guy was overrated as shit in TNA. It just happens that he's nearly perfect for the scenario he's been put into this year - he does not need to talk much and his story is told inside the ring and not on promos against Dixie Carter. That's being a great professional wrestling.

From this list, nobody even comes close. I get it why some people are voting for Lesnar and Daniel Bryan, but this should be a no contest. Both these guys had 3 or 4 PPV matches this year, and while Bryan was awesome, Lesnar was not. AJ had three times more the amount of BIG MATCHES than those two and delivered in every single on of them.

EDIT: I've found the match that NegativeFeedback is talking about on YouTube and I dare anyone to watch it and say it was mediocre. It was not, it was a good match and it was not AJ Styles best match of 2014, hell, I could go on a limp and say it wasn't even the best of that said month.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tu-imDgphK4

That above me is the written version of an RKO out of nowhere.

Good job History.

Now, back to the point of the thread. Daniel Bryan has the lead, he shouldn't, but he does. That said, at this juncture even if AJ Styles loses I feel this is still a victory, he is still neck-and-neck with Daniel Bryan and Brock Lesnar. If you're yet to vote, read through the thread before you do because if you came into this thinking you shouldn't vote AJ Styles, between myself, History and JMT I think we'll convince you otherwise.

AJ Styles is the best wrestler of 2014. Beleedat!

adf9qt.jpg

AJ Styles has been real sick all year. A lot of good 4 and 5-star performances between ROH and NJPW. Sure, Lesnar ended The Streak and destroyed Cena. But that is it. Bryan had a incredible four months to sadly end his career. He is not coming back. Reigns is a joke. Cesaro is a sailboat without a sail or rudder. Orton has been just, well, there. Cena would have been booked strong if he fought Mighty Joe Young and King Kong in a handicap match. His booking has become laughable. So, AJ wins it by the process of elimination. And, the fact that he just had a great year compared to the others in this poll.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back