Wrestlemania XXXIII - WWE Smackdown Women's Championship Match

Psykohurricane55

Staff member
So on smackdown, daniel bryan announce that alexa bliss would defend her women's title against every available women on the smackdown roster which made me think when they did something similar a couple of years ago with aj lee.

The question is will we have surprise particpants in this match because I doubt that alexa will face only 4womens in this match (lynch, james, natalya, carmella). I cold see this match as a good place for a couple of returns for tamina, eva marie and if she's o.k for mania naomi.

But I could also she maybe a debut for a nxt womens on the main roster like maybe asuka to show up for this match or maybe a twist with having emma come back on that match which would explain why she never debuted on raw even with all thse vignette.

Anyway, this will be an interesting match to watch probably a clustrfuck if they do the same type of match they did the last time with aj lee but still you got so many opportunity to surprise fans with this match.

This is going on the pre show so don't go expecting a debut in the match, though middle of the road returns are likely.

When Asuka makes her debut it definitely isn't going to be away from Charlotte and Sasha.

Asuka is working SmackDown house shows this month, filling in for the injured Naomi if I'm not mistaken, so, in the thread I created addressing if this means that she could be getting called up soon, this MIGHT indicate that she'll be on the blue brand when/if she's brought up. Of course, it could also be nothing more than she's filling in a needed spot at the moment.

As the OP mentioned, the first thing that sprung to mind was that they were going to do the whole Vickie Guerrero Invitational thing that they did for WrestleMania XXX in which AJ Lee defended the title against what was, pretty much, the main roster at the time. Basically, it was a 7 minute match that was primarily to fill time as there was no real "WrestleMania moment" to be had. I hope they don't go that route as I think it'd be kind of cool to see some sort of gauntlet match, but that's probably not going to happen.

I don't see Asuka debuting for this match. As Jake pointed out, this comes off like something that'll be one of the 3 or 4 matches that take place on the kickoff show. Asuka is undefeated and if she retains her title at the TakeOver event the night before, she'll be the first year long champ in NXT history. If they're gonna debut her, I don't see it being in this sort of match as it's just too underwhelming for someone so dominant.

I posted something earlier but it was removed, im guessing I put it in the wrong place. So here's an idea for this match.

It is announced as a Gauntlet match with Bliss out first. She is introduced to the newest member of the Smackdown Live! Women's roster, Asuka.

Asuka proceeds to beat every single woman on the Smackdown Live! roster (with each match getting closer and closer as she tires), becoming the new Smackdown Womens Champion on the biggest stage. She looks like a credible badass, she adds someone to the razor thin women's division, Smackdowns throwaway match doesn't look so bad, and we have a new interesting storyline going forward.

The more I think about it the less I want to see asuka debut in this match, smackdown as already a pretty good women's roster and really doesn't need the extra body. Asuka really need to debut on raw which is the brand that really is in need of other women on the brand.

As for this match, I could see a couple of returns like tamina and eva marie,

What I could see is that you do a gautlet match and either becky or mickie wins the match, then you here the announcer introduce eva marie, and eva comes from behind and pin whoever is in the ring by holding the tights

The more I think about it the less I want to see asuka debut in this match, smackdown as already a pretty good women's roster and really doesn't need the extra body. Asuka really need to debut on raw which is the brand that really is in need of other women on the brand.

As for this match, I could see a couple of returns like tamina and eva marie,

What I could see is that you do a gautlet match and either becky or mickie wins the match, then you here the announcer introduce eva marie, and eva comes from behind and pin whoever is in the ring by holding the tights

Smackdown has more bodies but less depth if that makes sense. Becky, Micky and Alexa are the only credible womens bodies.

I mean Natalya is there, but hasn't really been important for years. Becky isn't the bonafide star that Charlotte and Sasha are. Mickie is years removed from her best but is still the best on their roster and Alexa is still finding her way.

Naomi is a curiosity, but has no actual cred. RAW only has 4 names, but all 4 are credible champions. It's a weird split.

Smackdown has more bodies but less depth if that makes sense. Becky, Micky and Alexa are the only credible womens bodies.

Yeah it is kind of weird that despite how repetitive RAW is with their booking they still have a women's division that feels stronger. It was kind of lame around the time Hell in a Cell had a female main event Becky and Bliss had a Tables match or something as somewhat of a response. Then they had hyped the cage match, and the feud was stale before that. Didn't see good responses to either matches, but we still do like the wrestlers.

I didn't get Naomi. It's cool and all, and going back the build wasn't actually random. It just had no real purpose or made you get behind her. Fair view on Natalya. I do like her a lot, but her character is just questionable and it's hard to invest into her after continuous ups and downs.

Carmella was actually beating a lot of these girls up and cut a few promo's that were unexpected from her. Not sure what kills it, but I'd probably guess her lack of in ring skill. I do like her, and get the character but it's kind of whatever.

As progressive as I view Smackdown being in comparison to what RAW is a lot of the time.. their women's division is kind of lacking.

I didn't see you mention Bella / Maryse, but I think adjusting their booking can make both of them boost the whole ordeal. Not really a fan of Bella or anything, but she's liked heavily and can actually kind of wrestle in one way or another. Considering there is literally only one face, it'd be a good idea to throw her or maybe even Brie back in the consistent mix.

Carmella / Bliss are heels. James / Natalya are tweeners (at furthest) who lean heavily to a heel side. Becky has been the only consistent face for months, and the only time they had another was Naomi who was very. very. brief. It almost makes me wanting a second womens belt just so this one doesn't seem like a complete novelty piece.

I think it's gonna end up being a "championship scramble match" like they did once or twice like 10 years ago or whatever. Alexa will fend off everyone and she will think she won but then Daniel Bryan's music will hit and he will say something like "I said you had to defend the title against every available woman on the smackdown roster, I'd like you to meet the newest member of the Smackdown roster" and then Asuka's music will hit. Alexa will "pass out" in the Asuka lock like Bayley did and your winner and new Smackdown Women's champion will be Asuka.

This is all assuming she drops the NXT women's title to Ember Moon.

If there's no debut of Asuka or anyone else, Alexa Bliss should retain her title here at any cost.

I would rather like Asuka to debut on the next night. It won't be bad at Wrestlemania either but I'm favoring the former. Also, if this gets to Pre-show, then Asuka shouldn't debut at any cost.

There's a maybe situation that could see Mickie James win the title here since her alliance with Alexa Bliss has ended already.

As of yesterday, this match has been moved to the kickoff show. We still don't know exactly what this match is really. Is it a six way dance, a gauntlet match, an elimination match or what? At any rate, given Naomi's return last night and the fact that she's pretty damn over and that it takes place in her hometown, I see her regaining the title.

As of yesterday, this match has been moved to the kickoff show. We still don't know exactly what this match is really. Is it a six way dance, a gauntlet match, an elimination match or what? At any rate, given Naomi's return last night and the fact that she's pretty damn over and that it takes place in her hometown, I see her regaining the title.

Agreed. I predicted Asuka but because it's on the kickoff show, Asuka won't debut then. More than likely either on the first RAW or SD after WM

Glad to see her back, but doubt she will regain the title back. I have no idea who will win this one to be honest. I do know that by sticking them on the preshow Naomi's entrance will be ruined. She needs a dark stadium in order to 'FEEL THE GLOW' Not going to happen in sunny Florida in the middle of the afternoon.

Well, it looks like the match has been moved back to the main show due to complaints from fans. On one hand I'm happy, they were screwed over at the Royal Rumble and I'm glad that they are gonna get their chance to shine on the main show. But on the other, I'm even more worried about time than I was before. I don't see anything that can replace it, even if there was something I don't know if it would be a good look to swap around matches because the fans wanted it that way, so it looks like we're gonna have an 11 match main card. 11 matches coupled with a musical performance and whatever New Day has planned... it's gonna be a long night.

When was the last time Vince listened to "fan outrage?" Seriously? Wasn't there just some report on the WZ news page about Vince not giving in to what the fans want or not caring what the fans want in general?

I think they're going back and forth on whether or not to debut Asuka at WM. Or they're trying to leave open the element of surprise. If she loses to Ember Moon, then it still gives them the opportunity to not debut her but make everyone think she's debuting. If they keep it on the pre-show, everyone knows there will be no Asuka. IF Asuka does debut in this match, she's winning the belt.

LOL I didn't see any outrage about it at all, so it couldn't have been much. To tell you the truth I would rather see it on the preshow where they have time to give it a proper match. When you consider there will be 6 women in the ring at the same time, giving them 3 minutes on the main show won't be worth the while. They have to give some sort of a gimmick here, or is it just first pinfall wins it. The RAW women's match is an elimination now and they have less girls, only 4. Oh well I guess we'll see on Sunday.

Happy that unlike Royal Rumble, Smackdown won't have their women matches at Pre-show of Wrestlemania.

I hope that Naomi doesn't win the title back. I didn't get it earlier when she won it. Alexa Bliss is the best Smackdown Live has now and she should retain. Carmella is just there and so is Natalya. Case could be made for Mickie James but I would keep it away from her and have her face Asuka at Summerslam for the title.

Or Asuka should debut either at Wrestlemania itself and become the new champion which I would avoid.

Asuka Vs Alexa Bliss could be a good match. :rolleyes:

Personally I think both women feuds have no build and both deserve to be on the pre show. I mean seriously for the smackdown women they don't care enough to even tell us what kind of match it is plus they just are throwing all women in a match so that screams lazyness. My God for raw it's even worse. Same 4 women fighting every week saying the same thing every week. They absolutely ruined Bayleys character and she absolutely looks a fool after cheating to win the title in the first place, Charlotte promos make her sound like a robot, I can't see Sasha as a competitor after tapping out with 3 seconds left at roadblock, and after seeing Nia vs Sasha at fast lane she needs MAJOR work in the ring. I say put them both on the pre show and move that Aries vs Neville match to main card.

Now that Asuka has retained NXT Women Championship against Ember Moon, I think that she shouldn't debut at either Wrestlemania itself or the next night.

It might happen but I would like to avoid it as I think that Asuka's undefeated rub should be given at NXT to someone like Ember Moon, Nikki Cross or anyone else. I don't want her to relinquish the title just like Paige had to after she won the Divas Championship. In my opinion, Asuka should lose the title to Ember Moon at next TakeOver.

Hopefully this match got moved from the kick off show to the main card. How else am I supposed to feel the glow in the preshow when it will still be broad daylight by then. ;) Throw it, in between Goldberg/Brock and Roman/Taker. When it'll most likely be dark out.

All joking aside I do agree that while there's a lot of talent in this match, to make one look forward to it, the build has been kind of week. I to, feel it'll be a championship scrabble and with Nioami back I think she'll get her moment and retain. It would have been better if she showed up today as a surpirse and say she's clear to return. That would make a bigger impact.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back