Wrestlemania Redo

ashe draven

intercontinental champion
Not real sure if this thread has been done before. If it has i apologize. If you could change any Wrestlemania match outcome which would you chose and why? Would you have Bret go over Shawn in the Ironman match? Hogan retain against Warrior? Have the undertaker's streak broken against anyone??!? Shawn over Cena? I do not ask you to change match scenarios this is not the thread for that. My initial pick would be to change the Ironman match because im a huge Hitman mark, but it makes sense for Shawn to go over. So ill go 3yrs earliar at WM 9. I'd still have Yokozuna go over Bret if it HAS to happen, but when Hogan comes down and accepts the challenge, have Yoko SQUASH him in seconds! WM 9 was a terrible event. Hogan winning the title did nothing for the company or the movement toward a new era. Bret had been built up all year to..hand the belt back to hogan. Ugh. Change the outcome and imagine if this new monster Yokozuna came into WM 9, beat technical master bret hart, then the immortal Hulk Hogan. Instant hardcore cred and puts him on a whole new level. It woulda changed the whole landscape of the wwe. Now, what are your choices?

Out of all the superstars I seen go up against The Undertaker at WrestleMania and all the guys they pushed, Randy Orton, IMO, was the only man that pushed so much to be the one to end the Streak.

His Legend Killer persona was at its peak and he was looking to take out The Undertaker AND break his streak. I never had so much faith in a man that would end Undertaker's Streak. The story was so good, it had me going. I actually thought Orton was gonna do it. His push and character was the closest.

Not to mention their match was very well done.

WrestleMania 23. Shawn Michaels superkicks his way into another WWE Championship Reign.

There was no way Shawn Michaels couldn't have benefited from another title run. It doesn't make Cena look bad or weak at all, the match was fantastic. It's not as if Cena had a short-lived run with the title, he'd had it since September '06 and continued to hold the title until September '07 when he tore his pec. I think everyone would have been satisfied even if HBK won it at WM then dropped it back to Cena at Backlash in the Fatal 4 Way.

It would have been a fantastic moment to close WrestleMania 23 with Shawn Michaels walking away with the WWE Championship.
It also would have made the final two in the 2007 Rumble to both walk away with championships at WrestleMania.

Mr. HD I was thinking the samething about Randy Orton, I didn't want him to win cause I never want to see Taker lose, but man I really thought he was going to do it also. I remember all my family, & friends was sitting in front of the tv in all cause we thought Taker was done.

To answer the ? there are 2 Wrestlemania main events I would redo, the 1st being HHH vs. Booker T at Mania 19. Booker T was so over at that time & not to mention WWE pretty much made him look like a push over when he 1st joined the company by getting bashed by The Rock for the belt he brought to the company. The man worked hard & climb his way back to the top just to be bashed by HHH at the biggest stage, it just wasn't a good look to me. It seem like HHH just didn't want to lay down for the man as if he wasn't his equal.

The 2nd redo is HHH vs. Batista its not so much as I didn't like Batista winning but it was how he won that makes me not like this match. HHH is one of the best in the world & he just got bashed in this match like he wasn't even champ material. The match was setup like HHH was competely outmatched.

Now how is it that HHH didn't have a problem w/looking like a pushover for Dave, but couldn't take the fall for Booker & he had already been champ before, just doesn't make sense.

WrestleMania 23. Shawn Michaels superkicks his way into another WWE Championship Reign.

There was no way Shawn Michaels couldn't have benefited from another title run. It doesn't make Cena look bad or weak at all, the match was fantastic. It's not as if Cena had a short-lived run with the title, he'd had it since September '06 and continued to hold the title until September '07 when he tore his pec. I think everyone would have been satisfied even if HBK won it at WM then dropped it back to Cena at Backlash in the Fatal 4 Way.

It would have been a fantastic moment to close WrestleMania 23 with Shawn Michaels walking away with the WWE Championship.
It also would have made the final two in the 2007 Rumble to both walk away with championships at WrestleMania.

This is also my choice. It disappoints me that we only got to see HBK have one very short title reign in the entire time he was back in the WWE.

I know he didn't mind being a challenger, not a champion and probably wouldn't have been given the belt due to working a smaller schedule than most other wrestlers- Vince does not put the belt on someone who didnt work house shows, but for a feel-good WM moment I would love to have seen Shawn walk out as Champion, even for just another short run.

I really wish this had happened, it would have been awesome to see Mr Wrestlemania steal the show and win the title on the grandest stage of them all one more time.

As much as I like Cena I would of had HBK go over Cena in that match they had, in HBK's last year myself included people for longing for HBK to have a final title run before hanging up his boots, and what a Wrestlemania moment that would of been if it was at Mania. Even if the reign was another short one, what a way that would of been to end mania.

I also agree w/others in saying that HBK should have won the match he had w/Cena. For a matter of fact I was so pissed about that Mania I haven't paid for one since then just cause I felt like they was making Cena just to damn unbeatable & that was at a time when I was a Cena fan. Ever since then I just been kicking it at my friend house who orders Mania. I may order this year depends on how everything unfolds. So w/this post & my 1st post there is 3 things in all I would redo.

The only WrestleMania redo I would do, in regards to only changing the outcome of matches created by Vince, would be the WM XXIV Triple Threat Title match between Randy Orton, Triple H and John Cena. I would rather have had Cena come out with the victory and the Spinner Belt. If this were the case, that would make Cena 7 – 0 heading into this year’s Mania. Assuming we’re getting our “WWE Year End Happy Ending” this April, Cena would have then walked into next year’s Mania with a perfect record facing the “Streak” of the Undertaker. Picture this, WWE Champion, with an 8 – 0 record (all Championship matches) at Mania, John Cena vs. World Champion, with a 19 – 0 record at Mania, the Undertaker, in a WWE World Title Unification match at WrestleMania XXVIII. Maybe we can even have Rob Van Dam win the 2012 Royal Rumble and include him in the match, as RVD is also undefeated at Mania with a 4 – 0 record.

Without a doubt, Booker T vs. Triple H was the most baffling outcome of all Wrestlemania championship matches. Booker was red hot going into this match, the fans were with him every move he made. It made sense that he win the big one at that event.

Wrestlemania is about making lasting moments and new stars. Case in point was 'Mania 21 when Batista and Cena began their World Championship winning ways. This should have been the case for Booker as well as he had proven himself as a fan favourite, in-ring worker and promo man.

The only WrestleMania redo I would do, in regards to only changing the outcome of matches created by Vince, would be the WM XXIV Triple Threat Title match between Randy Orton, Triple H and John Cena. I would rather have had Cena come out with the victory and the Spinner Belt. If this were the case, that would make Cena 7 – 0 heading into this year’s Mania. Assuming we’re getting our “WWE Year End Happy Ending” this April, Cena would have then walked into next year’s Mania with a perfect record facing the “Streak” of the Undertaker. Picture this, WWE Champion, with an 8 – 0 record (all Championship matches) at Mania, John Cena vs. World Champion, with a 19 – 0 record at Mania, the Undertaker, in a WWE World Title Unification match at WrestleMania XXVIII. Maybe we can even have Rob Van Dam win the 2012 Royal Rumble and include him in the match, as RVD is also undefeated at Mania with a 4 – 0 record.

this would be a super sweet idea. all except for RVD, lol. but totally, the idea of having an undefeated at Mania Cena vs an undefeated at Mania Taker in streak vs. streak and title vs. title in a unification match would be freaking epic.

besides that, i think i would have had Jeff go over Matt in the Hardy vs. Hardy Extreme Rules match. i'm not a fan of either of them currently, but at the time i was for sure a fan of Jeff and it would have made sense for him to win at Mania after Matt cost him the WHC.

I cant believe noone has mentioned this "match," if thats what you want to call it:

Brock Lesnar vs. Goldberg with Special Guest Referee Steve Austin at WMXX

Honestly, that wasn't even a match. It was basically a "Battle of the Finishers." Lesnar and Goldberg taunted and stalled for a good 15 minutes, threw a few punches, Lesnar hits F5, Goldberg hits Jackhammer and spear for the win. It was such a waste of time.

Forget changing the outcome, I'd chance the whole match. Seriously this couldv'e been a great match. It was so dissappointing for me to go to my first WrestleMania at MSG and witness this. It made John Cena vs. Big Show look so much better because of that crap.

So my answer would be to change the match into a match that was well worth the money.

i agree w/ alot of u fellow posters about the hbk/cena main event. which is y i put it in my initial post. it burned me. the win did very little for cena. hbk had put on so many EXCELLENT show stealing matches he shoulda been rewarded w/ at least a short title reign. i can understand wwe's reasoning for cena retaining, but that doesnt make it right. the man deserved more than just the brief world title reign from SSeries E.chamber yrs ago. he deserved another WM moment as champion over wwe's "superman" ps- my pick is still yoko over hogan. that sh*t was turrable.

another pick for frak's sake. why not give the devil his due and have The Million Dollar Man go over savage at WM 4 for the title? Dont get me wrong Savage was a worthy champion. But Ted Sr. was a top heel and the title woulda certified him. he deserved it for sure. dont really know y wwe went the other direction. or y ted never..ever..won a singles title.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back