Wrestlemania 32 - Brock Lesnar VS Dean Ambrose (Street Fight)

Dave

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
As announced on Raw tonight.

Looks as though the WWE is going down the route of what WrestleMania 31 should have been with regards to Reigns and Lesnar.

Keep it all in here.

I'm so happy this is the match they're going with. I was afraid Wyatt was going to be fed to Lesnar and lose a third straight year at Wrestlemania. Maybe the Wyatts can face the League of Nations. Anyone else think this is definitely going to be THE show stealer of Wrestlemania this year. I could see this being like Austin and Hart at Wrestlemania 13. Ambrose puts up a hell of an effort, takes 30 suplexs and comes up short. Gets a standing ovation as Lesnar leaves the ring

I dont have much interest in seeing a squash fest at the expense of Dean Ambrose. i was really looking forward to seeing Lesnar vs Wyatt with Wyatt finally picking up a WrestleMania win against a big name. Unfortunately we see Ambrose get squashed and Wyatt facing who knows maybe Social Outcast....

Dean Ambrose should get the win, even though he'd be reduced to a pile of broken bones that resembles a human, WWE can give the guy some huge momentum with a heroic win over The Beast at Wrestlemania.

At Fastlane Dean Ambrose looked like a fan that jumped the guardrail, it looked completely ridiculous. He's a boy trying to fight a man. This had to be a street fight because Ambrose using a weapon is the only believable way he could possibly do any damage to Brock Lesnar. Even then it's pushing it. Generally speaking, Ambrose has absolutely terrible looking offense, so it's good that he won't get much in. He'll get the living shit kicked out of him, but keep coming back for more. That's what the entire build will be, that's what the match will be, and that's absolutely fine. Even in defeat, Ambrose can be made to look like a crazy never-say-die babyface.

Ambrose beating Brock Lesnar would be silly. It would be a joke. Lesnar's going over.

The biggest match of Ambrose's career. I say Brock wins but Ambrose looks tough. I assume Ambrose will either return back to the IC title picture or he finally turns heel and be Reigns' first feud for the WWE WHC.

I'd prefer Wyatt, that's how little I like Ambrose. He's fake, Lesnar is real. I don't understand his popularity at all.

But this is a Mania match people want, which is a refreshing change.

I see Lesnar beating the shit out of Dean Ambrose and Dean pulling off a lucky underdog win that shocks the world. After, I can see Brock showing Dean he earned his respect and leave the ring for Ambrose to celebrate. Talk about a WrestleMania moment. And this is exactly what should of happened last year with Reigns vs. Lesnar.

As we get closer to WrestleMania, I see things being built to be on a more even kilter rather than watching Ambrose get the crap kicked out of him each week. Fans are going to be rooting for Ambrose as he's definitely an underdog against Lesnar, as is most anyone else to be perfectly honest, but the build for this match can't be simply Ambrose getting the short end of the stick for the next 1.5 months with Lesnar decimating him.

I may be wrong, but I don't see Lesnar being on Raw next week, which fits in right with the storyline as Ambrose needs some time to "recover" from what's happened to him due to Lesnar's assault last night, during the match at Fastlane and during the build for said match. I think they need to keep the tough guy, never-say-die mentality of Ambrose, but I simultaneously think that they need to have him evolve a bit and portray him as having learned from his encounters with Lesnar and realizes he can't just go at him head on. You can still be a tough guy and know that you can't run head on into a brick wall.

As to whether or not this match is "believable", who the frig cares?!?!?!?! It's pro wrestling for God's sake, it's not the UFC. From a standpoint of "believability" how many in WWE have a legit chance against Lesnar in an actual fight? Not very many, though one possibility is Big Show, so would you rather have reality or would you rather have entertainment? By all rights, Rocky Balboa shouldn't have been able to beat Apollo Creed and, on the surface, Wolverine shouldn't be able to go toe to toe with the Hulk but it's still fun to watch.

Ambrose will definitely get tossed around, but he'll ultimately have to give as good as he gets, for the most part. A win for Ambrose would incontrovertibly be a sign of big things for Ambrose. Some don't like the guy, some love him, that's how it is with every wrestler, but it can't be denied that Ambrose is over and he's someone that the majority of fans want to see pushed to the top.

I'm really happy about this. Lesnar vs. Wyatt would've been such a nothing match. With Ambrose, there's actually a story that makes sense. After losing the Intercontinental title, and losing WWE title match after WWE title match, all Ambrose has left is his pride and his ability to take a beating. So he's provoking Lesnar to try and prove something. I think that is some fantastic character and story work.

Ambrose, as a character, is dreadfully underrated by an industry fanbase that doesn't care about three-dimensional characters. Hell, before Max Landis explained it, no one noticed what a great character Triple H was.

Anyway, back to the point. I like Ambrose's story for this match. It only could've worked against Lesnar, or perhaps the Undertaker. The match itself should be absolutely brutal. 10 minutes of Lesnar mauling Ambrose, a few attempted Ambrose comebacks, and finally Ambrose getting the upperhand. If ever that was a PG match where blood would fit PERFECTLY, this is the one.

And here's the thing: I think WWE will give Ambrose the win. A win like this would do great things for Ambrose and WWE as a whole. Ambrose has always felt just below the main event scene, struggling to become on an even keel with Rollins and Reigns. A victory over Lesnar might just bring him up to that level, if it's done right.

Also, people are complaining about realism? Seriously? CM Punk at his leanest had Lesnar beaten until Heyman interfered. Little Daniel Bryan beat Triple H, Randy Orton, and Batista in the space of one night. Shut the fuck up about realism.

I feel like the best way from Ambrose to lose this would be to have Brock beat him so bad, that he physically can't continue and they just stop the match. Dean kicks out of every pin, escapes or refuses to tap to any submission, so Brock just beats on him until he's a lifeless husk of a man. That way Brock continues to look like a killer, while Ambrose gets white hot due to sympathy and looking like a badass who refused to go down despite overwhelming odds.

Or Ambrose wins. And yes, it would be realistic. It's a street fight and Dean Ambrose's entire character is that he's a dirty, unhinged street fighter who enjoys taking punishment. He could use every weapon and shortcut in the book to take down Brock because he's not just trying to win a match. He's trying to not get KILLED.

I could see this playing out more like the Lesnar/Punk match with Dean learning from his previous encounters and sticking and moving against Brock, picking his spots and letting Brock make mistakes. When he finally has Brock down, he just goes nuts on him the way he did with that chair at Fastlane. Would it really be a stretch for Dean to low blow Brock, obliterate him with a gazillion chair/weapon shots, and get the pin? Plus imagine what beating Brock could do for Dean, especially since their other big face, Roman Reigns, isn't exactly working out.

Either way, Ambrose will be a made man after this match regardless of the outcome, which is great for him. This match excites me more than any other on the card thus far. I'd been hoping for this exact match-up for months, so I'm shocked and elated that it's actually happening.

Fuck yes. Brock Lesnar SHOULD be wrestling somebody like Dean Ambrose at Wrestlemania. In fact, he should be wrestling people like Dean Ambrose and Kevin Owens every single Mania he competes at. Lesnar, Cena, and maybe HHH, are about the only 3 guys on the entire roster that can "make" somebody in a feud. A lot of people complain about WWE not building new stars... how do you think you make stars? You put them against Brock Lesnar at Wrestlemania. Win or lose, they get a huge rub and if anybody on the roster needed it right now, it was Dean Ambrose.

Not believable? All it takes is a dick punch and 250 chair shots to make it believable. I'm sure you want to watch Dean Ambrose hit Brock Lesnar with a chair for 10 minutes for legitimacy's sake.

Out of all the possible Brock matches this is the one that's most interesting and I'm so glad they decided to go with Ambrose over Wyatt, he's just a better choice for it. Them making it No Holds Barred to boot was a great move and it should be fun as fuck watching these 2 go way over the top and just have a war out there.

Ambrose is arguably the most popular guy they have right now, the fans are behind him and it's easy to see why since he's that crazy son of a bitch you just can't keep down no matter how hard you try. A guy like that makes for an interesting story against a beast like Lesnar. I don't think the program is going to be Ambrose getting the shit kicked out of him the whole match and I fully expect him to be standing tall at some points in this feud. If they build this right this could be a red hot match by the time Mania rolls around. Right now I'm guessing Lesnar wins but it's not a match that's set in stone by any means, Ambrose could very well come out on top here and that makes for an interesting program and match.

At Wrestlemania Shane vs. Taker is the match I'm most interested but on the road to Ambrose vs. Lesnar is easily the feud I'm most looking forward to.

I don't have high hopes for the match, but what I'm most intrigued about it the build-u. This can be a great story leading up and if Dean and Brock exceed expectations in their match, then we're looking at a complete 5-star story, something like Austin vs Bret.

I dont have much interest in seeing a squash fest at the expense of Dean Ambrose.

Agreed, and that's why this one will allow weapons, of which Dean will make ample use. It's the only way he has a realistic chance of competing with Brock

Then again, Brock still wins, doesn't he? If he loses, does that signal the point in which Brock becomes (cue the dreaded word) ENHANCEMENT talent? Brrrrr, I get a chill just thinking about it, but if there are fans that want John Cena to assume that role instead of heading PPV cards, might WWE go that route with Brock Lesnar?

Hopefully not. It's way too early to use Brock in that fashion, imho.......and he might resist the move, anyway.

Still, if Dean Ambrose somehow wins this.......weapons or not......I would think my prediction of him fading to eventual midcard status would be dead wrong.

At the Royal Rumble, when it came down to Triple H and Ambrose, I thought WWE was going to give Ambrose the underdog moment and he'd steal the title. I was wrong. At Fast Lane, I thought Ambrose was going to shock everyone and go over Roman and Lesnar to headline Wrestlemania. I was wrong. By now, I really ought to have learned my lesson when it comes to Ambrose.

But fuck it, I think he's going to do it. They're going to make it absolutely brutal, but Ambrose will finally back up his "never die" attitude and take the win. He'll take chair shots, suplexes, F5s and whatever else, but will just keep getting up until Brock is exhausted and gets taken out. It'll be a Wrestlemania moment of epic proportions.

Alternatively, it's a squash match and Lesnar gets the victory while laughing. I'm going to try not to be too devastated when this is the case.

I say Lesnar beats Ambrose here but Ambrose being the only opponent who actually takes it to Brock from the get go and actually this match is as even as back and forth as it can go but Lesnar still goes out on top

Since last Thursday, I've had this terrible feeling that this match will be compromised by interference from the Wyatt Family. They don't have a match, they're not involved in the Andre the Giant Memorial Battle Royal and they tried to take out Lesnar on SmackDown last week. As a result, I have this feeling that they're going to play some sort of part in this match and I'm just hoping against hope that it doesn't go down that way. It won't surprise me if they do and Lesnar winds up losing due to the interference because it fits with Vince's mentality; remember how Vince has protected John Cena over the years and how Cena basically plowed through the Family following his huge loss to Lesnar at SummerSlam back in 2014? I don't think Vince can stomach the idea of Lesnar losing clean as he'll get this wild idea in his head that fans will stop "believing" in Lesnar the way he thought they'd stop "believing" in Cena.

Since last Thursday, I've had this terrible feeling that this match will be compromised by interference from the Wyatt Family. They don't have a match, they're not involved in the Andre the Giant Memorial Battle Royal and they tried to take out Lesnar on SmackDown last week. As a result, I have this feeling that they're going to play some sort of part in this match and I'm just hoping against hope that it doesn't go down that way. It won't surprise me if they do and Lesnar winds up losing due to the interference because it fits with Vince's mentality; remember how Vince has protected John Cena over the years and how Cena basically plowed through the Family following his huge loss to Lesnar at SummerSlam back in 2014? I don't think Vince can stomach the idea of Lesnar losing clean as he'll get this wild idea in his head that fans will stop "believing" in Lesnar the way he thought they'd stop "believing" in Cena.

Oh I hope you aren't right, but it very well could happen. As you say nothing has been said about the Wyatt's in this year's Mania, well except for the fact that they are down a guy with Harper just having surgery,

I'm really hoping that they get involved in the Shane/Taker match instead. They just debuted a new t-shirt that has the "Down with the Machine" on it, and Wyatt did lose to Taker last year. They might be the cavalry that Shane needs to beat him. And to be honest he might just need them.

This match has the potential to be the best match on the card, in spite of Dean Ambrose. I have absolutely no doubt that this match would not have been happening if everyone had been fit and healthy heading into WrestleMania. But it is what it is and this is what we are left with.

As has been pointed out, probably, this is the only match type that Dean Ambrose even has a chance of beating Brock Lesnar in. He has been pushed as the cockroach of WWE; able to withstand a nuclear blast and even more. Well, this Sunday he is going against someone with the power to really test that ideology. And given the way things have gone in the WWE lately, I really have to give Dean Ambrose every opportunity to come away with the win. Like I said, this is the match type that really suits Dean down to the ground and everyone should come out of this looking like a winner.

As far as an actual winner goes, I'm at a loss. I absolutely detest Dean Ambrose and cannot stand seeing him wrestle. But this isn't going to be a wrestling match; this is going to be a war. I think that Lesnar has to be the favourite heading in and probably has the most to lose at WrestleMania. A win over Lesnar would do amazing things for the career of Dean Ambrose but it would really put the screws to Lesnar; who has been billed as an unbeatable monster.

An interesting match, no doubt. But I think that Lesnar comes away with the win.

Oh I hope you aren't right, but it very well could happen. As you say nothing has been said about the Wyatt's in this year's Mania, well except for the fact that they are down a guy with Harper just having surgery,

I'm really hoping that they get involved in the Shane/Taker match instead. They just debuted a new t-shirt that has the "Down with the Machine" on it, and Wyatt did lose to Taker last year. They might be the cavalry that Shane needs to beat him. And to be honest he might just need them.
Exactly.

I don't want any kind of interference in Lesnar VS Ambrose. I believe that Ambrose needs to win this match considering that he has bunch of weapons to assist his win. Although I would love Ambrose win, Yet I feel that Lesnar will go over.

About the Wyatts, Bray can win the Battle Royal and they can interfere in Shane VS Taker match thus setting up a last match between Taker and Bray where at last Bray can go over to legitimize his gimmick "Face of Fear".

Bray VS Lesnar can be good for Summerslam or Wrestlemania 33.

If Lesnar takes the loss, it doesn't effect him negatively whatsoever meanwhile a win for Ambrose would be paramount. Ambrose takes this match in the name of the bigger picture/ building him as a believable top of the card talent while Lesnar comes off looking strong and fearsome as ever going forward.

I can't be the only one who knows Lesnar lost his last No Holds Barred Wrestlemania match (vs Triple H). That said IMO Lesnar vs Ambrose could be match of the night

I'd prefer to have Ambrose-Lesnar happen interference free, but with the Wyatt's still targeting Brock, they could interfere once again, cost him his Mania match with Ambrose, make Brock look stronger and lead to a restart of the Wyatt Family-Lesnar feud which seemed to peak in interest when they cost Brock at the Rumble

**never considered Wyatt's interfering during the Shane-Taker Hell in a cell match. Good call It's certainly possible, I wouldn't rule it out especially given the history between Taker and Bray. I could even see Strowman ripping open the cage door, much like Kane did in his WWE debut

I'm surprised that people are actually expecting an Ambrose victory here, never mind in clean fashion. I love Ambrose just as much as the next guy but I'm not fooling myself into thinking he has a chance here UNLESS the Wyatt's show up, which in my opinion would make for the perfect scenario. Dean is not going to be the guy that gets one over on Brock, it's just not going to happen, so the best we can hope for is a victory in funny fashion.

What's so bad about the Wyatts coming out and costing Brock anyway? It's not as if this has been built as some epic encounter that must be settled one on one.

1. It sets up the reported Bray/Brock feud for Summerslam.
2. It likely leads to an Ambrose victory.
3. It's an intriguing way to get people invested in The Wyatt's again.

If it comes down to a relative squash for Brock or an Ambrose victory thanks to the Wyatts, I would much prefer the latter option in this scenario.

This match was a lot shorter than it should have been. And throughout the match, I couldn't get away from the notion that it would have been better served being a Last Man Standing match as opposed to a street fight. The entire build was built around the fact that Dean Ambrose just kept getting up and asking for more, a street fight left me wanting more, to be perfectly honest. Opportunity missed on that one.

The only thing I did not like about this match was the ending. And for a guy who, genuinely, hates every single match that he has seen featuring Dean Ambrose, that is pretty good going. It has been said before but it turned out to be resoundingly true; this was the only match that made sense for Dean Ambrose to be in with Brock Lesnar. In any other match, Ambrose would have been utterly outclassed and it would have been noticeable. But this match went back and forth and had plenty of good moments that supplied the entertainment. Lesnar laughing along with Heyman as Ambrose suffered, only for Ambrose to land a low blow and retort was very funny. All in all, it was everything that it set out to be.

In saying that, I definitely think it could have been both longer and more violent. For a street fight, it didn't seem to be nearly violent enough. Remember the days when Al Snow used a bowling ball in a match? That was a Royal Rumble match! There just wasn't enough weapons to really put this match into the upper echelons. But nevertheless, it was a good match. The ending should have been better but I don't have a massive bone to pick with it. Lesnar wins and continues his roll. Trust me when I say this though, someone will go over Lesnar and soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back