Wrestlemania 31 Kickoff Show: WWE Tag Team Championship

Jack-Hammer

YOU WILL RESPECT MY AUTHORITAH!!!!
According to the main page, one of the matches for the WrestleMania kickoff show has been announced. Cesaro & Kidd will defend the WWE Tag Team Championship against The Usos, The New Day and Los Matadores. Apparently, Jey Uso's shoulder injury will be something he's able to work through, though the match could wind up being changed between now and next Sunday.

Personally, I'd rather have the Divas tag match on the kickoff show, but I'm not at all surprised. IF reports are true that the Bella Twins are leaving when their current deal runs out, that is if it wasn't part of a storyline with which to end the latest season of Total Divas on a cliffhanger, then it's no surprise their match'll be on the main card.

I can't think of any reason for the guys to get on the main show. Certainly not when you consider Ryback and Swagger were in a similar match last year and didn't make the cut.

Should be entertaining. I'll be skipping it though. There's too much WretleMania without a pre-show.

I have to agree with the decision to keep the Tag match on the pre show. Frankly, it has been a bit of a farce from the very start. Now, I like the new Tag Champions because it has been something fresh and gives Cesaro and Kids something worthwhile to do. And they've been doing well with it.

But they haven't really had any decent feud. It would be a shame for them not to be involved at Mania but the feud, or lack of one, hasn't been nearly strong enough to warrant a place on the main card and certainly the others have been a lot stronger. To that end, it will make for a decent build up match so it suits for it to be placed where it is.

And as an added point, I'm glad that Jey Uso is good to wrestle. It would have been a shame should he have missed out.

What most people seem to forget is that the Tag Title match will most likely get more time being on the pre-show than if it was on the regular card. Sure the Divas Tag Match is pointless & I'd change it if I could but WWE views the Tag Match as the least important match on the card right now. So instead of them being shoehorned onto the main show & getting maybe 5 minutes, hopefully they will get at least 12 - 15 minutes just for the in-ring action on the pre-show.

Besides that I'm just curious how The one Usos' injury is going to effect this match. I understand WWE probably wants them in the match considering they're still the most over Tag Team in WWE but if the injury is serious enough then he probably wouldn't be able to do much of anything anyways even if there is 7 others guys to help carry the load. I'd say have The Ascension take out The Usos to get some heat & then take The Usos spot in the Tag Title match at WM 31.

I've been a little disappointed with the tag team division as of late, so am not to surprised to see the tag team titles defended on the pre-show. The thing that really annoys me about the match is that wwe have decided to add both the new day and los matadores. Sure there's only so many times you can do the Uso's VS Cesaro & kidd before it starts getting boring but Los Matadores gimmick is really starting to bore me and the New Day have so far failed to do anything to impress me. I would have much rather seen creative combine the current feud between the Uso and Cesaro & Kidd with the recent storyline that saw Titus o'neill come to the aid of darren young when he was attacked by the Ascension. this would have been a far better match up in my opinion and at the same time brought back one off the best tag team in recent memory in the form of the prime time players.

As far as the match goes, I dont see anyone else other then Cesaro and Kidd coming out on top. I think they have done a good job so far and would like to see them get a decent run as champions before dropping the belts, but with Jay Uso's current injury, you have to wound how involved the Uso's will be in the match and if they can't go like they normally do, I dont see either The new day or Los Matadores being able to give Kidd or Cesaro the match they deserve.

I think it's a shame that the Tag Division is so sub-par these days that the Title match is on the pre-show at WrestleMania- it seems a lifetime ago the Tag Title matches were stealing the shows at 'Mania's with the Hardys, E&C, The Dudleys etc.

There isn't much depth to the division at the moment, but I've enjoyed what I've seen of Kidd and Cesaro at the moment, The Uso's are a decent team and The New Day have talented members, there's just no focus on them at the moment. I reckon this match could actually be pretty decent, as they will probably get more time on the pre-show than they would on the main card. I'd like to see Kidd and Cesaro retain for sure, they are the best team in WWE at the moment.

It just disappoints me that not enough people care about the Tag Team Titles to make it worthy of a higher profile spot at the biggest show of the year.

Im just a little upset that this is the same match we saw last year on the pre show with over 50% of the same people in the match. The New Day and Los Matadores do not deserve to be in this match. Could we not have had The Ascension and PTP instead. That would have been more interesting as opposed to the other 2 undeserving teams. I hope the champs retain and see them feud with PTP after Mania.

Again, much like the Andre Battle Royal, I don't mind them cramming bodies into a bottom card match. Thank God that The Ascension didn't get a push into Wrestlemania. That would have been a travesty for the ages.

Tyson and Cesaro retain. I really really like Tyson Kidd. Man, he could be a top midcarder in the IC Ladder Match, in my opinion.

God, what an awful match on paper. You have two tag teams people simply don't care about in Los Matadores and the massive failure that is the New Day. You have a team that will get your Smark reaction in Tyson and Kidd. You have a team that is just there at this point in the Usos. How in the hell does the WWE book a 4-Way title match, and not have the Ascension included? It really tells you everything you need to know about this division at this point.

There's a reason this match was pegged for the pre-show from the start. 4 mediocre teams, 4 teams that shouldn't sniff the titles. I suppose The Usos could walk out as champs.

20150320_LIGHT_WM31_kickoffmatch_hp.jpg

Yeah, I'm not interested in this whatsoever. I'm glad it's on the pre-show as if it had been on the main card it would have been my time to head to the pantry for a snack. If I'm bored and have the time for it I might still try to watch, but the moment it devolves into the idiocy of having one wrestler tag in someone from another team instead of his actual tag team partner, I'm walking away to go order the pizza I'll be eating during the actual show. Seriously, I hate that garbage. There is NO reason to logically explain why you would EVER tag in someone from another team. If this match goes into that format as opposed to having someone from each team in the ring at once, then I have no desire to watch it. Either way, the match is likely to suck because the only team I currently care about other than the Tag Team Champions for whatever reason didn't even make it into the match. So looking at the participants....

The New Day
I'm a Kofi fan but I cannot stand the other two. This gimmick is horrible and Kofi deserves better. I highly doubt they win this.

Los Matadores
To think I liked their gimmick when they debuted.... I was so wrong about them. They suck and have no chance of winning.

The Usos
Ugh.... Despite not being a fan of their's, I admit they have the best chance of winning out of the challengers. Tyson and Cesaro only just won the belts a month ago, putting them back on The Usos so soon would make Tyson and Cesaro's win seem pointless.

Tyson & Cesaro
The odds of them retaining are pretty good. Their reign just started and all of their opponents suck. Now if The Ascension were in this match, that would be a different story. I could see the champions retaining until they enter a feud with The Ascension.

DAGGER'S PREDICTION
Tyson & Cesaro will retain the Tag Team Championship.

God, what an awful match on paper.

Sure seems that way, huh? As rotten as it is to say, it appears the only thing worse would be a regular match between any two of the tag teams; they've all faced each other numerous times....and while the matches are usually pretty decent, there never seems to be much at stake because the champions lose (in non-title matches) as much as they win. Even the popular Usos' suffered multiple defeats as champions, so what difference does it really make who wears the belts?

That said, I'm liking the Tyson Kidd/Cesaro pairing. It's great to see Kidd get some time to show personality, instead of just the ring excellence we've always seen from him. And Cesaro....well, we all know the problems. He puts on entertaining matches, yet Vince McMahon supposedly is down on him.

In the Kidd/Cesaro team, there's strength in numbers; the two together seem stronger than each one individually. There's spice added with Natalya's interactions with her real-life husband tossed in, especially when she's a participant in the match.

I can't help thinking Tyson Kidd might never have gotten his chance to shine had he not married the popular Nattie......and if it's so, it shows that you guys simply can't get it done without we gals giving you a push.

Puny, helpless, dependent, undeserving men.

Cesaro & Kidd retain their WWE Tag Team Championships in this Fatal 4-Way Tag Team Match, how much you wanna bet that Cesaro & Kidd walk out champions? Considering they won the belts not even that long ago winning them back at WWE Fast Lane I don't see them dropping their titles so easily especially after winning them not even a month ago but with The Usos if they win it will be because of Rikishi being inducted into the 2015 WWE Hall of Fame and his sons I am guessing will be inducting him so with that said I can see them winning this match if WWE are planning on having Cesaro & Kidd drop the titles

Having spoke to a few of my friends over the last couple of days, I really think that this is the match that really could go either way. I have heard a lot about how The Usos and Cesaro / Kidd are the run away favourites. But realistically, you would be a fool to rule anyone out at this point. I don't think that this has been the best build up for a match but I don't think it can easily be predicted either. Of course, the advantage in this match is definitely going to be for Cesaro and Kidd, whose reigns is not that old at this point. But let's not forget that anything can happen at WrestleMania and I definitely would not be surprised to see any of these teams leaving with the Gold. Er, bronze?

I think I would like to see The New Day win to try and get them over as Champions. I like the teaming fo the three guys, even if it is a tad on the racist side. Big E, Xavier Woods and Kofi Kingston have a future in the WWE and it is sad to see them languishing down the card and not getting anything from it. Hopefully they can do the business this Sunday and pick up the win.

Obviously, that is little more than a pipe-dream at this point. I still think that the clear favourites are Cesaro and Kidd this Sunday. It looks as though the WWE have a little bit of faith in them as Champions and have recently gave them a new T-shirt. If that doesn't tell you that they are putting some effort into getting these guys over a s team, then nothing will. It will be interesting to see how outside interference goes in this match with every team sporting someone on the outside of the ring. And if Cesaro and Kidd are to lose, I think it will be because of Natalya; seems to be heading that way recently, right?

Dave's Prediction: Cesaro and Kidd retain the Championships.

Tyson Kidd and Cesaro to retain.

The New Day is just….awful. They’re more of a joke than anything, and you can say the same thing about Los Matadores. The Usos are good tag team, but WWE has a bad habit of relying on them as a contingency plan, when they’re not sure what to do with other tag teams, and the tag team division as a whole. Give Kidd and Cesaro time to have a lengthy and meaningful run as champions, and hopefully they’ll take the time to build strong challengers in the future.

If Cesaro and Kidd loses, I'd be disappointed. No reason for them to lose. New Day and Los Matadores aren't ready. The Usos are stale. The Ascension flopped.

I can't help thinking Tyson Kidd might never have gotten his chance to shine had he not married the popular Nattie......and if it's so, it shows that you guys simply can't get it done without we gals giving you a push.

Puny, helpless, dependent, undeserving men.

ALL men started via a gal giving pushes ;)

On Topic: Cesaro/Kidd to retain or I'm just going to have a bad feeling about rest of W.M card shaping out, no other team would need/do anything with belts.

Shame the Wyatts aren't still a unit, they could have some fun matches with our current champs.

Can we be done with these filler matches. I understand trying to get everyone on the card, but Los Matadores and New Day simply don't belong in a match. Can everyone agree at this point, The New Day are awful. A complete misfire by the WWE. This group should have been heel from the start, hopefully they move into this direction. I feel bad for the Usos, but the injury bug is ugly. They simply got hit at the wrong time.

Anyways 4/10. Nothing memorable about this match, but not the worst on the card.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back