Would You Pay To See Mayweather VS Rousey?

Jack-Hammer

YOU WILL RESPECT MY AUTHORITAH!!!!
For quite a while now, there've been constant debates among fight fans in general as to who would win in a fight between Floyd Mayweather and Ronda Rousey. I think Mayweather pretty much dodged the question at various times or has said no, same with Rousey herself. Mayweather has made the claim of not knowing who Rousey is.

Buzz has begun surrounding this little feud once more due to Rousey's comments aimed at Mayweather after winning the ESPY Award for "Best Fighter" at last night's ceremony, an award that Mayweather has won 6 times. Rousey's comments were:

"I can't help but say, I wonder how Floyd feels being beat by a woman for once. I'd like to see you pretend to not know who I am now."

Mayweather has a well documented history of assaulting women, he's been arrested and convicted in court multiple times, and that's where Rousey's comments are aimed.

The novelty of this fight and the well known status of these two would lead to huge ppv buys, I'd probably buy it myself just for the novelty, but it's highly unlikely it'll ever happen. It took years to successfully negotiate Mayweather's fight with Manny Pacquiao and this would probably be no different. Plus, considering the gender differences, it's doubtful any athletic commission would sanction it in the first place. Finally, there's absolutely nothing to gain for Mayweather except potential embarrassment; I mean, if the fight did happen and he won, he'd have beaten up a woman and the stigma that goes with it fight or no fight. If he lost the fight, he'd have endure the stigma of being beaten up by a woman, even if that woman is Ronda Rousey.

The only way I could see this anything resembling a fight go down is if Vince managed to get both of them to "fight" at WrestleMania in some sort of special attraction or in some sort of mixed tag team match. Even then, I wouldn't be at all surprised if Rousey started shooting on Mayweather.

, but it's highly unlikely it'll ever happen.

That's uh, putting it lightly :lmao:

As you said, it took damn near a fucking decade to set up the fight against his top MALE competitor, and only happened once Floyd had stalled long enough to be completely sure a way-past-his-prime Manny would have no chance.

Its also a no-win situation. He either gets wrecked by Rousey in an MMA fight(and believe me, Rousey would likely end his career via injuries), or has to repeatedly punch a woman in the face in a boxing match. EVEN with it being Rhonda fuckin' Rousey, people would still shit a brick if he bloodied her up. Its fucking ridiculous, but its true (sounds like a good Symposium thread)

Floyd Mayweather doesn't put himself into no-win situations. In fact, he only puts himself into situations were he pretty much can't lose.

Now, in a wonderful universe were this WOULD happen? Would I pay to see it?

Shiiiit, NAME YOUR FUCKING PRICE

This would be the ultimate combination of every tenant of wrestling angles ever, but with a legit shoot payoff. It would be the greatest and biggest angle and payoff in the history of combat sports/entertainment.

No, I wouldn't pay to see that. With all the talk of domestic violence recently, mainly Ray Rice, it would never happen. I don't believe a man should hit a woman, ever.

That's uh, putting it lightly :lmao:

As you said, it took damn near a fucking decade to set up the fight against his top MALE competitor, and only happened once Floyd had stalled long enough to be completely sure a way-past-his-prime Manny would have no chance.

Its also a no-win situation. He either gets wrecked by Rousey in an MMA fight(and believe me, Rousey would likely end his career via injuries), or has to repeatedly punch a woman in the face in a boxing match. EVEN with it being Rhonda fuckin' Rousey, people would still shit a brick if he bloodied her up. Its fucking ridiculous, but its true (sounds like a good Symposium thread)

Floyd Mayweather doesn't put himself into no-win situations. In fact, he only puts himself into situations were he pretty much can't lose.

Now, in a wonderful universe were this WOULD happen? Would I pay to see it?

Shiiiit, NAME YOUR FUCKING PRICE

This would be the ultimate combination of every tenant of wrestling angles ever, but with a legit shoot payoff. It would be the greatest and biggest angle and payoff in the history of combat sports/entertainment.

I was coming here to write some long-winded post with my take on this... and then as I am scrolling to the Quick Reply box I come across this post.

Now I'm afraid I'd just be parroting everything you said.

Would I pay to see Rousey end Mayweather's career? Fuck yeah, I would.

The likelihood of it ever occurring? A snowball's chance in hell.

I wouldn't pay for any MMA or boxing fight, but i would love to see Mayweather kick Rousey's ass.. Put her in her place.

Its also a no-win situation.

That's for sure. You would think there wouldn't be a person in the live crowd rooting for Mayweather..........of course, sadly, there would be plenty of good folks hoping Floyd can beat 'the bitch.'

He either gets wrecked by Rousey in an MMA fight(and believe me, Rousey would likely end his career via injuries), or has to repeatedly punch a woman in the face in a boxing match.

Even more, Floyd's style requires him to run like a thief, but how is he going to do that against a woman? Can you imagine a macho, woman-abusing bully allowing himself to be seen retreating and ducking in a fight with a female?

Additionally, Floyd might not enjoy a confrontation in which the member of the opposite sex actually hits back.

I wouldn't be interested in this match. For starters, one is a lowly woman-beater and the other is arguably the biggest bitch on the planet. Both have little to no sportsmanship. I don't like either of them. One has already retired, and hopefully, the other will also be gone for good. Then comes the whole man vs woman thing.. I really don't want to see a real man vs woman fight. By my understanding, the man is both faster and stronger, so he will most likely leave the woman in a mess, and it won't be a pleasant sight to witness, even though we loved the recent memes on Rousey. Finally, I am neither a fan of boxing, nor of MMA. So, those were my three reasons- dislike for the characters, apprehension about the concept, and disinterest for the competition.

lol at people that actually think Rousey would have a chance against Mayweather. People are completely underestimating the ability of Mayweather. It's one thing for a male to go against a female, but Mayweather isn't just a normal male. He is simply one of the greatest boxers to ever live. And people act like he has no training in anything but boxing which is simply false. If you don't think he could shrimp up and avoid a take down with his speed and athleticism you are delusional. All he would have to do is hit her one time and she would be done. She has never been hit by anybody like him. He would wipe the floor with her 10 out of 10 times.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back