would john cena go in the hall of fame?

xdeadman17x

Dark Match Jobber
if john cena today had an injury that ended his career would he legitamitly be a hall of famer considering all he has accomplished. 3 time wwe champion 1 time US champion, tag team champion, headlined wrestlemania twice but has had 4 wwe title matches at wrestlemania. Im not sure but unfortunitly ithink he woud be just considering hes held the wwe title for a year and a half straight.

No, he would not. Sorry for all the fans but he sucks. He may make money but he doesen't bring entertainment for 40-60% of the fans. He truly is horrible. You must be a superfan, posting will he be in the hall of fame? HAHA. Dude, to answer your question..NO! Randy Orton will kill him at No Mercy

Odds are if WWE keeps pushing him the way they are nowCena will wind upin the HOF someday. I don't see it happening anytime in the near future, but with all he's accomplished already, and all the stuff he has yet to accomplish I would not be an ounce surprised to see his name in the HOF someday.

ECW Television Championship (1 Time)
def. Pit Bull II, June. 22, 1996

WCW Television Championship (1 Time)
def. Stevie Ray (on behalf of Booker T), Aug. 10, 1998

WCW Cruiserweight Championship (4 Times)
def. Syxx, June 28, 1997
def. Alex Wright, Aug. 12, 1997
def. Rey Mysterio, Jan. 24, 1998
def. Dean Malenko, June 14, 1998

WCW Championship (2 Times)
def. The Rock, Oct. 21, 2001
def. The Rock, Dec. 9, 2001*

European Championship (1 Time)
def. Kurt Angle and Chris Benoit, April 2, 2000

World Tag Team Championship (3 Times)
w/Chris Benoit def. Stone Cold & Triple H, May 21, 2001
w/The Rock def. The Dudleys, Oct. 22, 2001
w/Christian def. Kane & The Hurricane, Oct. 14, 2002

Intercontinental Championship (7 Times)
def. Chyna, Dec. 12, 1999
def. Chyna and Hardcore Holly, Jan. 23, 2000
def. Chris Benoit, May 4, 2000
def. Chris Benoit, Jan. 21, 2001
def. Rob Van Dam, Sept. 16, 2002
def. Rob Van Dam, Oct. 27, 2003
def. Christian, Sept. 12, 2004

WWE Championship (1 Time)
def. Stone Cold, Dec. 9, 2001*

Undisputed World Championship (1 Time)
def. Stone Cold … also def. The Rock … Dec. 9, 2001*

Oh lookie there. Chris Jerichos history. He's not a HOF yet is he? Thats better than 5 titles John cena had isn't it eh?

def. Syxx, June 28, 1997

Oh lookie there. Chris Jerichos history. He's not a HOF yet is he? Thats better than 5 titles John cena had isn't it eh?

You made your own point there. YET. I can Garentee Jericho will be in the HOF some day, but he only just retired two years ago, and even when he left, he was still considered as coming back full time. In case you didn't notice, the HOF don't accept people untill quite a while AFTER they've left the ring (except Eddie Guerrero, of course.) Jericho will be HOF, Micheals, HHH, Foley, all HOF. Cena, I'm not sure. If I had to go with what I've seen opinionated so far, I'd say definatly, in maybe 10-15 years from now. I know alot of you hate Cena right now, but we're in the IWC here. Our small groiup of fans is hugely differnt than the millions of Non IWC fans out there, and the WWE knows it.

I am willing to bet once Jericho is done for sure and has been out a few years he will be in the hall just cause he isnt now doesnt mean anything try another point. He isnt saying Cena is going to be inducted next year he is saying down the road

I hate CENA!!!!!!!!. His matches are boring., he only knows three wrestling moves and two of them are shit. Would someone please show him how to do a proper STF for goodness sake. He's had everything handed to him on a plate because Vince McMahon thinks the sun shines out of his ass. Sure he has held the WWE Championship for a year, but it makes me sick that two of the greatest of this generation (or any generation) had to job to that in a WrestleMania main event. I think i would rather see him run over than in the HOF, but he probably will be.

def. Syxx, June 28, 1997

Jesus Christ, dude! I know this has already been responded to, but I need to point out that Chris Jericho has had a MUCH, MUCH longer career than John Cena. And he's been in alot of different promotions as well. Therefore it should be expected for him to have accumulated more championships than John Cena. I just find it extremely biased for someone to compare a 15 year career to a 7 year one.

With that said, I find it difficult to say whether Cena is HOF material. Like I said before, he's only been wrestling for seven years.Then again, The Rock's career totaled appox. what, 9 years? There's no arguing that The People's Champ is headed to the HOF. As of this moment in John Cena's career I say maybe. But since it seems as if he's gonna be around for a few more years, I say that if his career keeps moving along as it is, then no doubt he will go in the hall of fame. With Chris Jericho and The Rock ( not trying to disrespect 'em)

If he where to have a career ending injury, he would still be a hofer, cuz he is the only star on the roster since The Rock left that has crossover appeal, and that is absolutely vital, also if he injured he would probably go on to being a commentator, which he could be hof calibu at.

And if you truly believe Cena sucks, you know nothing about wrestling, and apparently don't realize it not all about mt skills(look at the top 10 or so most succdessful wrestlers ever, maybe 2 would be technicins).

Based on WWE pushing him yes he will be in the HOF someday if he has a long career.

Since your question is would be end up in the HOF TODAY the answer is absolutely not. He hasn't really done anything that anyone else hasn't, and has had quite a short career. Though if he had an injury and couldn't wrestle I'm sure WWE would think of putting him in the HOF just so that he could continue being a manager or something. But currently, there is just no way he deserves "legit" HOF consideration.

Remember HOF is not legit, it's a money making thing. WWE is a money making corporation. The fact that you even brought this idea up shows that WWE marketing works.

as much as i hate cena he will be in the hall of fame hes been the champ 4 so long now there making him a legend so he will be in thof

Each WWE HOF has about 8 inductees. By the time Cena's the age to be inducted all the big stperstars will already be members. Obviously Cena will be inducted. Along with El Giagante, Jason Sensation & Eugene. Soon they'll start inducting certain superstars other gimmicks. Glen Jacobs will have spots for Kane, Issac Yankemm & Fake Diesel.

If John Cena were to retire TODAY, and be judged based on his credentials TODAY, it would be VERY possible for him to be in the Hall of Fame down the road. He has good credentials. He's a 3 time WWE Champion, 5th all time of combined reign length, has had a title run of over 1 year now, has beaten many of the greats, and I believe is undefeated at Wrestlemania. He would definitely have a very strong case for Hall of Fame.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back