• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Would Jeff Hardy have been better of if he stayed in WWE

lancir

Dark Match Winner
Now i dont think anyone can deny that it wont be too long before Jeff Hardy is another wrestler who died before his time do too drugs.No one can deny that we have seen a downward spiral from Jeff every since he joined back up with TNA. He's alot slower,heavier and in all honesly looks stoned in almost all of his matches there.

When Jeff was in the WWE he seemed alot more happier and alot more energetic when in the ring. He never looked like we was trashed when he wrestled (Mainly because VKM would of fired his ass on the spot.) Now i know he was suspended i believe twice from the WWE for violating the Wellness policy but i think that is why he was alot more secretive about his drug use.

So what i am asking is do you think jeff would be better if he stayed in the WWE where his drug problem would of been regulated rather then sign with TNA where as they've shown countless times that there really is no drug control?

This is in no way shape or form a place to come and bash Jeff. I know its easy but i want educated answer and not just "Jeff's a piece of shit". please no spam or flaming.

((a little off topic note this is my first topic so if there is anything wrong with please let me know and i will fix it.))

It's looking like WWE dodged a bullet when it comes to Jeff Hardy. Only a few days after Hardy officially leaves the company, his house gets raided and he gets placed under arrest. Hardy looks to have been a ticking time bomb just waiting to go off in WWE's face.

Given the fact that WWE is so much larger, thus a much bigger target, they managed to avoid a shitload of potentially bad publicity if they'd been associated with Jeff Hardy when all this went down. Besides, Hardy had already been suspended twice for failing drug tests so given what we know about the goings on of Hardy behind the scenes now, it's almost certain he would've been fired at some point.

Would Hardy have been better off if he'd statyed with WWE? I doubt it because a drug addict can fuck up anywhere but at least there would have been some degree of supervision going on with Hardy, at least until he screwed up. In WWE, Jeff Hardy would not have been allowed to go out and wrestle a match while intoxicated. It's risky enough being a pro wrestler but there are all sorts of scenarios in which Hardy could've been seriously hurt or Sting could have been. TNA turning a blind eye and friends making excuses for him is beyond irresponsible at this point.

So, Hardy is TNA's headache now and WWE's lucky to be shed of him at this point.

It's looking like WWE dodged a bullet when it comes to Jeff Hardy.

Possibly; or maybe the bullet would never have been fired if he had stayed in WWE. There are wrestlers (especially Jeff Hardy) who don't like the rigorous work schedule at WWE, but there is one good thing about it: the busier they keep you, the less time you have to screw up. This may apply more to Jeff than any other wrestler in history, for all we know.

At least WWE was riding herd on this guy to keep him on the straight and narrow. He had a great gig, yet he purposely chose to leave and join the smaller company. Could it be that Jeff told TNA during negotiations that he didn't like WWE hassling him......and they told him he'd have no such problems in TNA? Could it be they were so thrilled to gain a top WWE star that they agreed to look the other way when he abused substances? If so, they were obviously hoping for the best......and look what they ended up with.

It's ironic that one of the reasons Sting never wanted to join WWE was because he didn't feel their organization was good and wholesome. I wonder how he feels now that he's seen that WWE takes their drug policy seriously while the company he signed with allows a stoned performer to enter the ring with him.

Good call, Stinger.

I think TNA's sigining Jeff Hardy was bad for TNA. Let's face it, Jeff's personal actions has hurt TNA. When Jeff was in the WWE he had a strict Wellness Policy to uphold, he had to strikes against him and one more meant termination. So he followed directions, kept himself cleaned or hid his lack of sobriety well up until his contract expired. Signs with TNA and turns into a Celebrity Rehab castmember. Jeff has single handely made TNA look stupid. "Oh he's pending drug charges but he sells T-Shirts let's make him our Champion". I used to respect Jeff as an in ring performer and was one of his biggest supporters to win a World Championship, now I wish that he never wrestled because his personal actions has made a mockery of Professional Wrestling/Sports Entertainment. He would have been better off with the WWE, because they have a Wellness Policy that is enforced.

I suppose if Jeff stayed with WWE the wellness policy they have in place would have stopped him from getting munted before a show, but, no company could stop him abusing drugs outside the ring. At the end of the day it doesn't matter what company he was with, not ONE company could have stopped his Self destruction outside of wrestling. Maybe WWE could have have sent in to rehab but after disobeying the wellness policy 2times they must have realised nothing they could do would fix his problems.

Jeff couldn't have chosen to stay with WWE anyway. As Soon as VKM found out what he had done he would have completely, utterly FIRED HIS USELESS STONER ASS ON THE SPOT

Its sad to see such a great talent kill himself abusing drugs.

Possibly; or maybe the bullet would never have been fired if he had stayed in WWE. There are wrestlers (especially Jeff Hardy) who don't like the rigorous work schedule at WWE, but there is one good thing about it: the busier they keep you, the less time you have to screw up. This may apply more to Jeff than any other wrestler in history, for all we know.

... You do know raids don't take a single night to get ready, right? Hardy was probably getting his massive supply of drugs before he ever left the WWE. It's just luck for the WWE that the raid on his house took mere days after he was fired.

I'm sort of paraphrasing a quote from About A Boy (the book) but here goes.

WWE is like a school, there are walls and rules, Jeff Hardy simply bounced off these and while he would sometimes do something stupid he was generally ok. TNA doesn't have these walls and rules so there's nothing for Hardy to bounce off of so there's nothing to stop him from being self destructive really.

Not to mention if he was still in WWE they'd probably realise he had a problem and be helping him right now.

Now i dont think anyone can deny that it wont be too long before Jeff Hardy is another wrestler who died before his time do too drugs.No one can deny that we have seen a downward spiral from Jeff every since he joined back up with TNA. He's alot slower,heavier and in all honesly looks stoned in almost all of his matches there.

When Jeff was in the WWE he seemed alot more happier and alot more energetic when in the ring. He never looked like we was trashed when he wrestled (Mainly because VKM would of fired his ass on the spot.) Now i know he was suspended i believe twice from the WWE for violating the Wellness policy but i think that is why he was alot more secretive about his drug use.

So what i am asking is do you think jeff would be better if he stayed in the WWE where his drug problem would of been regulated rather then sign with TNA where as they've shown countless times that there really is no drug control?

This is in no way shape or form a place to come and bash Jeff. I know its easy but i want educated answer and not just "Jeff's a piece of shit". please no spam or flaming.

((a little off topic note this is my first topic so if there is anything wrong with please let me know and i will fix it.))

Professionally it would, but it depends on if Jeff had still been stoned while in 'E. He was scheduled to make a return against Punk so yeah maybe Hardy vs Punk could have turned into something special. Problem is Hardy didn't like where Punk went with this and he decided to quit.

The question is, would Hardy have been good for 'E?

My answer, NO. Hardy would straight up be demoted to jobbing for Santino and potentially fired if Hardy was caught with drugs in his home while still with 'E.

He wouldn't have been better of no.

He would currently be unemployed.

He had already failed two tests in the WWE at the time of him leaving. It was a matter of time before he failed a third.

The last time they told him to go to rehab he flat out quit and went to TNA anyway. So those who are saying WWE would've given him rehab, he wouldn't have taken it.

Now had he have been caught up in this whole mess he is in now with the ongoing drug case, he would've been out of his arse faster than Scott Hall with a bottle of Jack Daniels.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back