Worst Wrestler of the Year

Discussion in '2017 Wrestling Awards' started by klunderbunker, Jan 2, 2018.

?

Who Was the Worst Wrestler of the Year in 2017?

1. Jinder Mahal

2. Ember Moon

3. Shane McMahon

4. Lana

5. Tamina

6. Dana Brooke

7. Young Bucks

8. Alicia Fox

9. Enzo Amore

10. Dolph Ziggler

11. Randy Orton

12. Bray Wyatt

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Navi

Navi With the safety off!!

I picked Bray Wyatt. Tamina and Lana were easy choices but they've done nothing of substance and don't get on screen enough to warrant even being on the list really.

Wyatt on the other hand has been featured prominently and it's always a fail. Take his match with Orton at Mania, horrible, the videos of bugs (which I hate) where the highlight of the match. The House of Horrors match was one of the worse I've ever seen given the build to it.

It seems he takes one step forward, two steps back with every feud he's in. The guy is good on the mic, but in the ring he's boring. That spider walk lost it's lustre a long time ago. Even in his new feud with Matt Hardy I'm finding Hardy more interesting. I won't even touch on the Sister Abigail transformation thing they tried.

Kodo Sawaki likes this.
  2. Spidercanrana

Spidercanrana Should've Reinstated The Fox
    Staff Member Moderator E-Fed Mod

...fair point.

Guess I'm just so let down with Bray it clouded my judgment. It was like watching my boy Justin Tucker, best kicker in the game, run and slap the ball with his hand. Just pure disappointment, whereas with Jinder I figured he was just another foreign heel transitional champ.

Fuck you for hitting me where it hurts.

3. Kodo Sawaki

Kodo Sawaki Championship Contender

Ziggler on the list? But I was assured by some of you guys here how everyone from NXT are feuding with Ziggler and elevates themselves on another level after feuding with such a star who can elevate other wrestlers with just sheer presence. :rolleyes:

Voted for Wyatt. Still waste of space and nothing he has done aside of that forgettable title win where he was transitional Champion(to Orton of all people) until Mania was even remotely good. Worst feud of the year with Orton thanks to dreadful "House of Horrors" match where even WWE didnt know what that is until a week or so before and "Sister Abigail" transvestite are really lowest moments of the year.

Would have voted for Lana but she was miscast as a wrestler and even WWE has figured it out soon enough and cant hate Lana. Enzo is equally horrible but he is kinda helping 205 live not to be completely forgettable and has some charisma despite being horrible in ring so cant vote for him. Jinder stuff I didnt mind. Sure he was also miscast as Champion but wasnt that horrible at least for me. More minded Naomi and her run.

4. Issa Genesis

Issa Genesis Actively evolving

Randy was in the THREE worst matches of the ENTIRE year. I love Randy as much as the next guy but 2017 definitely wasn't his year.

5. @smarkmouth

@smarkmouth Friendly Neighborhood

Dana Brooke. I almost gave my vote to Lana, but her gimmick is at least self-aware of her in-ring talent. Dana, however, has the timing of a broken wristwatch in about everything she does. I'll admit that I see signs of growth, but we're many moons away from me being eager to see her.

6. Wildcat66

Wildcat66 DELETE!

I voted for Dolph Ziggler because honestly, at this point he's just wasting space. The guy is not even trying to hide the fact that he doesn't give a shit about WWE anymore, maybe wrestling in general. When you make Shinsuke and Bobby look weak, it's a sign that you are doing a bad job as a veteran of the sport.

And honestly: I don't think he cares. I genuinely think he doesn't care about who's career he hurts, as long as he's getting a paycheck and a platform to lay out his frustrations, he's good. Well guess what Ziggs? Spring cleaning is coming up and you could easily be one of the souls being laid off of a job. Honestly, you should've been retired last year: Because at this point, i'm convinced the last time you seemed motivated for something was because of that feud with The Miz.

So yeah, Ziggler's my pick for the worst wrestler of the year because it's clear to me he's stopped trying and is just coasting off of whatever fame or dignity he's had left. Yes, there was a time when he was the flavor of the month: But times change, better wrestlers come in. You either have to adapt or you'll fall behind. Ziggler has not only fallen, he has been dragged to the basement and has been beaten down by the rats that live there.

In short: Stop pretending to think you're still worth something in WWE in 2018, you aren't. This isn't 2013, you're not C.M Punk, you're not Randy Orton, you're not even Chris Jericho, you're a whiny, snot-nosed, self-entitled pariah that doesn't even want to be here anymore and got justifiably demoted to midcard hell after you were caught bitching about Orton and were revealed to be an injury prone mess at your finest hour.

Wrestling fans have adopted the chant of "You deserve it" every time a wrestler wins a title, sometimes it's true, sometimes it isn't. In this case, you deserve it alright.

Now fuck off to Japan or stand up comedy or whatever it is you want to do with the rest of your life.

Khalifa likes this.
  7. Rainbow Yaz

Rainbow Yaz Sing about me, I'm dying of thirst
    E-Fed Mod

I'm firmly in Bray's corner, so I feel the disappointment man. I don't think there is anyone on the roster right now who is wasted as badly as Bray, and it hurts my heart.