• Eva Marie

• The Miz

• Curtis Axel

• Heath Slater

• Alberto Del Rio

• Santino Marella

• R-Truth

Results are only viewable after voting.
The Rock. So overcome with muscle that he can barely move.

He was WWE Champion again this year, y'know. Remember that? Nah, me neither.

Del Rio, Curtis Axel and Miz all had at least one good match this year.

Has to be Khali again. Either him or Santino, every match of his shares the same tired formula where he does his comedy bit, misses the cobra then loses in about 7 minutes at best.

Del Rio, Miz, Axel, Khali, Santino, and Rock all have the capacity to entertain me in the ring. I don't watch divas matches.

It's R-Truth. My least favourite wrestler to ever achieve any sort of notoriety.

The Divas division is a very easy target for this one, mainly because half of them are not professional wrestlers.

On the main rosters though, it is very difficult to pick a truly awful wrestler because the vetting process is now so stringent with the feeder 'promotions' that very few truly awful wrestlers get through and when they do and stay there it is for other business reasons - Khali being a major example and it is very difficult to look past him as the worst.

Personally though, I think that there is room to talk about those who have been given the earth and done very little with it. Del Rio could get some attention there for while he is good to watch in the ring and has been given numerous championships, he has done nothing with his character (is that really his fault though?).

Jack Swagger is another one. Big push to a Wrestlemania title match, after want I thought was a good performance in the Chamber. An excellent mouthpiece in Coulter and a controversial gimmick and he went nowhere with it and now spends the weeks being comprehensively out-performed by his tag team partner, despite having the ability to put on good matches.

Or what about someone who has seemingly regressed in some form of their abilities, such as Ryback? I would put Swagger in that category too.

Although maybe such considerations would need a separate award such as Biggest Waste of Talent/Push, but then it would just end up another award to vent on the lack of an extended Daniel Bryan WWE title run.

For me, it's still Kofi Kingston. I've never watched a more mindless wrestler. I get it - not everyone is going to tell a story on the level of Savage, Hogan, Hart, etc. Kofi just jumps around. A guy who moves that much and that fast shouldn't be so boring. He is. That's probably what he's been told to do, so no, I don't put all of the blame on him.

"The Monster" Abyss as separate entity from Joseph Park could use a mention as well.

Really? People are voting for Alberto del Rio as worst wrestler of the year? When was the last time he actually had a bad wrestling match?

Eva Marie. Great Khali, as always.

Really? People are voting for Alberto del Rio as worst wrestler of the year? When was the last time he actually had a bad wrestling match?

Eva Marie. Great Khali, as always.
If you're going to piss on people for saying Del Rio, understand how idiotic you sound for saying Eva Marie. She's had two matches since she debuted. Bad, terrible stuff, but hardly a body of work to judge quality "of the year" by. It's like saying Undertaker has been the best wrestler, when his body of 3 matches isn't nearly enough.

Anyways, I agree with those who say R-Truth. His matches are just channel-changing/ segment-skipping.

I'm going with Jack Swagger. The guy is a former world champion [that booking decision is still baffling] and Dutch Mantell hasn't been able to do much of anything with him. Swagger just doesn't click... on any level. Both he and Cesaro would be much better off if Swagger were cut loose.

I know the divas are an easy target, but the likes of AJ and Kaitlyn are fun to watch, and none of them are former World Champions.

For the sake of not being boring I'll simply discard the women and Khali etc because they're simply not important enough to consider. No, my nomination will go towards the person who has been given the most and done nothing with it. There are really only 2 candidates.
As much as Del Rio bores me to tears, Ziggler saved him from being completely pointless and forgettable this year.
Instead, my choice has to go to the man who, out of nowhere, got a major push into a Wrestlemania main event and fucked it up by getting busted by the police. The man who, when he proved to be worthless on the mic, was given an exceptional manager to help him and still couldn't get over. The man who carelessly injured a rising star just as he was getting a big push and is now dragging down another he's tagged with. Ladies and gentleman, Jack Swagger is unquestionably the worst wrestler of the year.

Swagger had a more than decent WrestleMania match and a tremendous match with Sami Zayn on NXT. That's more than enough to disqualify him from this discussion.

And he might not be as good as Cesaro - might not be - but I'm wondering what version of The Real Americans people are watching where Swagger is dragging them down.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back