Worst Wrestler of the Year

Discussion in '2010 Wrestling Awards' started by klunderbunker, Dec 1, 2010.

?

Worst Wrestler of the Year

1. David Otunga

2. Robbie E

3. Lacey Von Erich

4. Eli Cottonwood

5. Mark Henry

6. Great Khali

7. Abyss

8. Rob Terry

9. Lucky Cannon

10. Alicia Fox

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. ABMorales787

ABMorales787 Lord And Master
    Staff Member Administrator

Lacey sucks, no doubt about it. But I think Alicia Fox sucks just as bad if not more because she's just annoying. She actually held the Divas title and unlike Lacey, she ain't attractive. Otunga sucks. But he can draw heat well.

2. D-Man

D-Man Gone but never forgotten.

I wasn't really referring to you. I think you and I already went through this ;)

But for those picking Otunga over Lacey, that just means you're trying to get TNA to slide by another "Worst" category without getting a pick. We should really treat these polls the way they should be treated; with a deserving winner. Otunga is slow, sloppy, and green but he shows promise. He's stuck out ever since NXT season 1 and he really seems to be embracing his role as the #2 guy in the top faction in pro-wrestling right now.

How in the name of blue fuck does Lacey rise above that? She is nothing but a hot piece of ass. But looks don't weigh a whole lot in the pro-wrestling world. In aspects such as mic work, acting capabilities, ring work, and the game of pro-wrestling, Lacey is the biggest embarrassment to grace the wrestling ring.

I'm a big fan of WWE, but even I voted against them in many of these EOY categories. If I can be honest and true to myself and others in that aspect, all of the TNA fans can do the same and vote for Lacey here. She's the obvious choice and should win here.

3. hatehabsforever

hatehabsforever Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

The thing here as well is that with all due respect, I don't really think TNA ever really tried to suggest that Lacey was a plausible competent wrestler. She was obviously there as eye candy only, there as the stereotypical dumb ditzy blonde with obvious assets. She would participate in matches, sure, but her wrestling skills were never what was being featured. No doubt about it, Alicia Fox is every bit as poor in the ring as Lacey was, without the looks, in my opinion.

Relative to their respective position in their companies and the expectations of them, Abyss is worse than either, because he is billed as an unstoppable monster, as a focal point of the Immortals. He's supposed to be good, but he simply isn't. At least no one expects the ladies to be any good. They didn't have a four month hyped storyline, which didn't live up to expectations (or even try to) focused upon the divas or the knockouts.

4. ABMorales787

This should've been divided in male and female.

5. ABMorales787

He had good matches with RVD and AJ Styles. Minus the Looney Tunes ending of course.

6. D-Man

You can't piss on me and tell me it's rain, brother.

She's a second generation wrestler who's father and family has a legacy that stretches over the wrestling business like the sun over the earth. And you're telling me they weren't billing her as a wrestler? When she "debuted", didn't she attempt to mimic her late father's iron claw?? Didn't they actually try to have her use the chokeslam as a finisher at one point?

Listen, if you put that much emphasis on a wrestler's legacy by allowing them to utilize their sibling's or parents'/grandparents' finishing maneuver, you're billing them as "plausible competent wrestler", no matter what way you slice it.

7. D-Man

Agreed.

Abyss is, was, and always will be total shit, but he's had moments where he shined a bit. A match here, a promo there... Regardless of what you think, he's leaps and bounds over Lacey in every category.

8. hatehabsforever

Staff Member Moderator

First of all, you probably shouldn't be referring to "pissing" in a thread where we are discussing Lacey von Erich. Might give some people a new storyline idea for her if they ever decide to bring her back :)

Quite honestly, I don't give a rat's ass about her lineage and how they used her in the ring when it came right down to it. Sure, they exploited that fact, as well they should, when she first debuted. At that point they probably still had some hope that they could use her as a plausible wrestler. Then she set foot in the ring, and opened her mouth, and all thoughts of that went out the window. It became painfully obvious, and quickly, that she was never going to develop into a true competitive wrestler. I don't care if she's a von Erich, or a Hart, or a McMahon, or even a Mizanin, it just wasn't going to happen for her. TNA realized this early. In her last days, they were mocking her on-screen about training Ms. Tessmacher, that tells me how seriously they viewed her skills.

This is not so much a commentary about Lacey von Erich, as much as it is a sorry statement about women's wrestling in general. Neither company puts much emphasis on their abilities in the ring, but rather, just on their appearance. Which I have absolutely no problem with whatsoever. That's wrestling in these current times. I'm just not sure that any of the divas or knockouts should be included on a list of "worst of the year," when neither company tries very hard to display them otherwise.

D-Man and The Doctor like this.
  9. ABMorales787

Dear Lord, one is enough.

10. hatehabsforever

Staff Member Moderator

Couldn't resist :lmao:

11. D-Man

It's sad but true.

Therefore, VOTE FOR LACEY :p

12. The Doctor

The Doctor Great and Devious

Don't vote for Lacey, she was more entertaining than Lucky Cannon!

This isn't "Worst worker" this is "Worst wrestler" which encompasses entertainment, ability to play a character, AND work a match. Lacey couldn't work a match, but she could play her dumb blonde character well. Lucky Cannon was bland, boring, generic, unentertaining, and has a horrible attitude.

13. D-Man

Doc, you've got good points here. If we view "wrestler" in the way you defined it than you'd be onto something. However, I really feel this category had a lot to do with in-ring ability. Therefore, Lacey is under Cannon. He wasn't totally shit in the ring... just mostly shit. Lacey was TOTALLY shit.

Either way, Otunga is like Bret Hart compared to those two.

14. Smooth Sexual Chocolate

Smooth Sexual Chocolate Grapefruits of Wrath

This is how I took the question, and why I voted for Lucky Cannon. He sucked hard in every aspect.

On a personal level I'll take Alicia Fox and her weave any day of the week over Lacey.

15. Big Sexy

Big Sexy Deadly Rap Cannibal

I agree with the last couple posts. Lacey is shit in the ring but outside of the ring she is one of hottest women in all of wrestling. That alone makes her more entertaining and watchable then the majority of the guys on this list.

My vote went to Rob Terry. The guy is just awful on the mic and even worse in the ring. I know big muscle heads usually don't have the best in ring work but he is exceptionally bad. All of his matches just have no flow to them at all and I've seen him fuck up some fairly elementary moves.

16. D-Man

Not to contradict and purely out of curiosity, isn't Rob Terry just the male version of Lacey? Neither bring anything to the pro-wrestling table except for cosmetics.

17. Coco

Coco Mid-Card Championship Winner

Is Rob Terry attractive? I wouldn't know.

gd likes this.
  18. Big Sexy

Big Sexy Deadly Rap Cannibal

One big difference. Wrestling is obviously geared towards the male demographic so hot blonde with big tits > jacked up dude in tights.

19. Loveless

Loveless A Life In Monochrome

Why are we even considering female wrestlers in this? There's no comparison to the guys and Otunga is unquestionably the worst, given his physical ability.

20. D-Man

Females are wrestlers as well, aren't they?

21. Tastycles

Tastycles Turn Bayley heel

David Otunga can do something in the ring. Lacey Von Erich cannot. There is absolutely zero redeeming features in her performances, and compared to the WWE divas, she's not that attractive. Totally shit.

22. ABMorales787

I'm stumpt.

23. KeepItFresh

KeepItFresh Call me Quality

I haven't watched a diva match in years, so I can honestly vote for them.

So, I will vote for David Otunga. He is god awful in the ring. He may have the ability to get better after a few years like Batista did, but I don't want to see anybody that shot my favorite Rapper succeed.

24. .

. We shy worth hair

How has nobody apart from me and someone else voted Rob Terry? That dude is so bad in the ring that WWE dropped him.

25. UltimateHitman

UltimateHitman Old School Legend

I voted for Lacey, and I'll tell you why. It said "wrestler". I almost voted for Khali, but changed it when you compare to some other big guys that have been in the ring. They're there for their size and not much else. He chops and headbutts and that's pretty much it, but he doesn't look all to mobile to begin with. I gave him the benefit of the doubt, but it was close. But he does sell when people chop his legs out from under him so he tweaked by. Lacey was hot as hell, no doubt about it, but was worse than Jackie Gayda. All the other guys, while not good wrestlers at all, still have moves that they can execute even if it's only one or two so besides her looks, I could think of nothing that Lacey contributed as far as "wrestling" save for her last name.