Worst Match of the Year

Discussion in '2010 Wrestling Awards' started by klunderbunker, Dec 1, 2010.

?

Worst Match of the Year

1. Bret Hart vs. The Miz - Raw

2. Abyss vs. AJ Styles - Destination X

3. Sheamus vs. Randy Orton - Summerslam

4. Bret Hart vs. Vince McMahon - Wrestlemania 26

5. 10 Diva Tag Match - Wrestlemania 26

6. Randy Orton vs. Edge - Over the Limit

7. Rob Van Dam vs. Sabu - Hardcore Justice

8. The Miz vs. R-Truth - Fatal Fourway

9. Fourtune vs. EV 2.0 - Bound For Glory

10. Rob Van Dam vs. Tommy Dreamer - Turning Point

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. klunderbunker

klunderbunker Welcome to My (And Not Sly's) House

Something tells me Meltzer will pick something from WWE.

2. Wade's Public Transit Bomb

Wade's Public Transit Bomb Championship Contender

Orton vs Sheamus at Hell in a Cell wasn't listed, so I went with Orton vs Edge at Over the Limit.

3. ABMorales787

ABMorales787 Lord And Master
    Staff Member Administrator

The 10 Diva tag match for sure. Not to mention that the commentary didn't help at all.

4. Hulk Hogan's Brother

Hulk Hogan's Brother Stop asking me what I'm gonna do!!!

Miz vs R-Truth from Fatal Fourway. The Miz that the IWC holds so precious these days got zero reaction in this match.

I thank KB for putting this in the lisst of choices. I did not think he would do so.

5. klunderbunker

klunderbunker Welcome to My (And Not Sly's) House

Uh...why wouldn't I?

6. Phoenix

Phoenix WZCW's First Triple Crown Champion

Went with Orton/Sheamus, it was a match that made me decide to sleep earlier and miss the rest of Summerslam, it made Sheamus/Triple H look so much better.

7. Coco

Coco Mid-Card Championship Winner

Orton really did a good job this year of illustrating why I dislike him. Lots of good choices, but it has to be his SummerSlam match with Sheamus though. The WWE Championship match at SummerSlam should not look like that.

8. shattered dreams

shattered dreams Hexagonal Hedonist

Hogsplash aside, I went for McMahon-Hart. When you consider the build behind it, and the stage it was on, this is easily the worst match of the year.

9. Richard

Richard Est. 1991

Bret Hart vs Vince McMahon from WrestleMania 26.

This is easily worst match of the year. I ordered WrestleMania 26 with my ex girlfriend who I introduced to wrestling, explained to her the story behind Montreal, etc and when they had the match and it was just Bret Hart wailing on Vince with the chair I almost felt embarrased to be a pro wrestling fan. I know neither of them are Shawn Michaels but it definately could have been better. I felt really ripped off aswell because I was looking forward to the match but it was just so shit and made me facepalm when Bret hit him 40 times with the chair. Let down.

10. D-Man

D-Man Gone but never forgotten.

I hate agreeing with this guy, but this couldn't have been said better, shorter, or sweeter. What a letdown for such a high-profile, built-up matchup.

11. Joe's Gonna Kill You

Joe's Gonna Kill You The Hunt is On

This Vince vs Hart was a Huge Disappointment and should be Worst Match of the Year

12. Just FalKonika

Just FalKonika I'm Literally Just Here for WZCW

I'd go for McMahon vs. Hart, but Bret has had a stroke and wouldn't have been able to perform at the level he once did... and McMahon is over 60. Who really expected these two to go at it and create a five star match?

Then I thought about the 10 Diva tag, but then I realised it was a 10 Diva tag.

So I'm choosing Orton/Sheamus. Bored the god-damn living day lights out of me... and it was a shit PPV to boot.

13. Smooth Sexual Chocolate

Smooth Sexual Chocolate Grapefruits of Wrath

I'll take the Cripple vs. the Geezer over ANY divas match.

Almost voted for Orton/Sheamus, I watched Summerslam yet I don't seem to remember that match.

14. Kenny Powers

Kenny Powers Bulletproof Tiger

I voted for the Divas match, but honestly no one expects much from 6 man diva matches at Wrestle Mania, Raw, Smackdown, Impact, or any other show. Bret Hart vs. Vince McMahon at WM 26 was a huge letdown. We all knew Bret wasn't going to be able to do much in the ring, but I didn't think we would see the Hart Dynasty and every other Hart taking out Vince only for Bret to hit him with a chair a few times, put on the sharpshooter, and win the match in a few minutes.

15. DiscipleofWrestling

DiscipleofWrestling Getting Noticed By Management

I'll agree with everyone that Bret vs. Vince was a letdown. Then again, what did anyone expect from a 64 year old man and a stroke victim? But if I'm going to vote for a worst match of the year, I'm picking a Diva's match. The whole division was, to quote Charles Barkley, "turrible" this year. I actually liked the fact that Vickie Guerrero chose to honor Eddie as it was a nice touch. And I'm sure Eddie was saying "Gracias" in heaven. (Orton might have a different opinion, but I digress from 5 year old storylines.) I wasn't a big fan, however, of the "hogsplash," the ten seconds trying to pin her opponent, or the other botches and messes that happened in the match.

16. Little Jerry Lawler

Little Jerry Lawler Sigmund Freud On Ritalin And Roids

Anyone who expected better out of Hart/McMahon should have known better.

17. Y-2-Jay

Y-2-Jay Pre-Show Stalwart

Voted for Miz/R-Truth it ran too long to say it was a boring as hell match. The diva's match sucked but it was quick but still painfull. Bret/Mcmahon would have been my choice untill i saw Miz/R-Truth it was one of the only matches in the WWE this year to get boring chants which these days is a rare chant in WWE.

18. gd

gd Plump, Juicy User

Just bad like any Bret Hart match in 2010, but what do you expect. At least there was a point to this, kinda.

Actually was a pretty good match. Would definitely win the award for stupidest ending though.

This wasn't great, but their Royal Rumble and HIAC matches were much worse.

This completely sucked, but at least there was some intriguie in it. Not a bad choice though.

It didn't look like it was heading anywhere good, but gets a pass due to the injury.

It was the best match of the night. How can it be worst of the year?

Boring as hell and the reason not to look forward to the current WWE Title run.

Tommy Dreamer pinning AJ Styles on the biggest show of the year...

Didn't see this, sure it was awful though.

My choice. Actually, this could be replaced with basically any Diva's match. The WWE clearly doesn't care about the divison, so why should I? I'd choose to watch some of the other mind numbing matches on this list over a compilation of Diva's matches any day.

19. ABMorales787

ABMorales787 Lord And Master
    Staff Member Administrator

I never expected much from Bret Hart vs McMahon. But I was just drop dead disgusted by the commentary in the 10 Diva tag match. Vickie goes for a tribute to her late husband and Michael Cole is making fat jokes. Not to mention there was more botched moves in that one match than all the other matches in the list put together.

20. Tastycles

Tastycles Turn Bayley heel

It is actually some shitty divas match on Smackdown or Raw over the past year - I'm sure I've seen Vickie Guerrero vs someone - but as the only women's match on here was on WrestleMania, then we're obviously dealing with big occasion matches. Orton vs Sheamus was awful, but you've put the better match here - the one at the Royal Rumble was grade A dog shit. As a result I'm going for Edge vs Orton. Ending it through injury was unfortunate, though in a way it put the audience out of their collective misery.

21. Uncle Sam

Uncle Sam Rear Naked Bloke

I liked one of those Orton/Sheamus matches. Can't remember which. Which was the one with the botched announce table spot at the end?

22. El Rev sXe

El Rev sXe If you have ghosts...

I'll go for Orton vs Edge at Over the Limit. Come on guys, what did you expect between Vince and Bret?? A classic match???

On the other hand I had big expactations for that fued but it ended like shit. Orton and Edge need to cross paths one last time!!!

Xemmy likes this.
  23. WWTNA

WWTNA Occasional Pre-Show

You forgot to put one more match on the poll. Maxine vs Kaitlyn. That match was a mess because of the fact that they made simple moves look difficult. Even the announcers said the match was terrible! Who fucks up a snapmare?:( Just saying.

24. Macca

Macca The Sunflower Samurai

Vince/Bret would have worked if Vince had came out with a bunch of no-name wrestlers only to have the Hart Family come out to a mega pop and have Bret overcome the odds and beat Vince senseless with the chair.

For the lack of creative put-together and overall letdown, this gets my vote.

25. Judah's Lion

Judah's Lion the Icon

i like agreeing with D-Man. makes me feel smarter. plus, his addition to an already good post from Shattered Dreams is perfect.

i'm not sure if it was an epic fail or just an epic disappointment, but either way, this one totally missed the mark.