Worst Major Show of the Year

Discussion in '2017 Wrestling Awards' started by klunderbunker, Jan 2, 2018.

?

What Was the Worst Show of the Year?

1. Battleground

2. Survivor Series

3. Clash of Champions

4. Payback

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. klunderbunker

klunderbunker Welcome to My (And Not Sly's) House

One of the more dubious ones.

2. BestSportsEntertainer

BestSportsEntertainer I Don't Need No User Title

Battleground pretty easily.

Cena vs Rusev was one of the slowest paced matches I've ever seen. It dragged and dragged and dragged.

Don't even get me started on the Punjabi Prison match.

3. Black Anaconda Vise

Black Anaconda Vise The LD Dweller

Battleground is just a show I usually expect to be shit every year and I was not disappointed.

The show peaked at the first match with a pretty good tag match. Then it gave us Nakamura's worst match probably ever, a boring women's match, an underwhelming Owen/Styles match with a legitimately questionable finish, the slowest match known to man, filler, and a match that makes Survivor Jenna vs Sharmell look like Hart vs Austin.

Battleground wins.

4. Bernkastel

Bernkastel Reaper of Miracles
    E-Fed Mod

Survivor Series. Main event was a clusterfuck of epic proportions.

5. wrestlingmasters55

wrestlingmasters55 Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Clash felt like a throwaway show and nothing stood out, I Cleary felt like the smackdown crew really didn't care about this show.

6. Khalifa

Khalifa Where it at doe?

Clash of Champions was a good show I thought. Couple real good matches on the show. I really didn’t mind the Punjabi prison match. It wasn’t good but it was better than I expected and for that it’s passable. The thing that let Battleground down I think was the underwhelming KO/Styles match, it could’ve really saved that show but I’m not picking it. Payback was also a fun little PPV I thought.

Survivor series is my vote. I look forward to it every year (Really how dumb am I) and especially after last years main event I thought they would’ve continued the string of at least good main event matches. This year though both traditional matches were just absolute crap. It was the Asuka and HHH show. I think the best thing about the woman’s match was Tamina and Jax squaring off, which says a lot. The rest of the card was actually pretty good the more I think about it but predictable I would say. Harsh but the main event killed it for me.

7. Wildcat66

Wildcat66 DELETE!

Battleground is my pick for this year's worst show of the year.

Don't get me wrong: They tried out there. The New Day and The Usos are guaranteed to have great matches now and the women's no. 1 contenders match was fun while it lasted.

But Corbin and Nakamura was decent, Cena and Rusev was boring as all get out, Owens and Styles disappointed (despite being good to me) and Mahal and Orton...i'm still confused by that one (At least my boy The Great Khali got to come back for one night only).

Clash of Champions was more good than bad, Payback was a great PPV overall and Survivor Series is currently sitting in my top 5 best PPVs of the year. At the very least, the main event was interesting. Battleground does not hold that distinction.

8. @smarkmouth

@smarkmouth Friendly Neighborhood

Fuck this thread for making me mentally revisit Battleground.