Results are only viewable after voting.

IrishCanadian25

Going on 10 years with WrestleZone

"Presidential Candidates" on Monday Night Raw

Jeff Hardy found unconscious in a stairwell

Kane asking "Is He Alive or Dead?"

Kurt Angle takes a shot at Jarrett's Family

Mike Adamle - in any capacity

I voted for Kane and Mysterio here, it was interesting to watch Kane with the bag and the "madness" then all of a sudden when it came to fruition it seemed like it was being made up on the spot... "It's Mysterio's mask in this bag!" "What so Mysterios dead?" "Na, he's back for the Championship scramble, but had you going for a while." To be honest, it wasn't the worst Angle I've ever seen but it was one of the most dissapointing and so it gets my vote. Some of the other Angles on this list Jeff Hardy in the starewell, Jarrett and Angle - were not bad Angles at all, they were contreversial and edgy and got people talking... Whilst I can see why they were seen as in bad taste they still dont qualify in my mind as bad angles if they serve the purpose of pushing a storyline forward or giving people something to tune in for.

Hardy found in a stairwell is a pretty bad angle as of right now, because it seems like it's just kind of disappeared. If they had wrapped it up a little quicker and told us who it was, and let the feud build, I probably would've liked it.

I thought the fake candidates segment was entertaining, but it wasn't really an angle...Kane and Mysterio was bad, but it was at least built up properly...I didn't like the angle TNA used with Jarrett's and Angle's families because it was a little too personal for national TV spotlight. It was good TV, which is why I didn't vote for it, but it was a pretty bad angle...

While the Presidential candidates thing was stupid fodder, it was pretty much just a one-night thing.

Meanwhile, the Kane angle lasted for a long, long time. At first, it was great. Kane goes psycho, starts attacking people, turns heel, starts carrying around what appears to be his mask which would be some cool nostalgia. We all thought "no wonder they drafted him to Raw, they're finally ready to make him a badass again".

Then it turned into an angle about little Rey Rey's mask and Kane jobbing out to him week in and week out, overselling his kicks as if Mysterio is hitting him with a lead pipe each time he taps him.

Horrible angle. Gets my vote.

Other:

Christian Cage gets beaten up by the Main Event Mafia... BECAUSE HE'S GOING BACK TO THE WWE!

To begin with, the last activity on Christian was that his contract had expired, and he was still weighing his options. If there was one reason that could have been the deciding factor in him being back where he belongs, it could have been this angle.

Christian was one of the biggest faces on the TNA roster, and one of the most popular. In the world of kayfabe, if he feels going back to the WWE is a better option, then it means that there's obviously something wrong with TNA that doesn't deserve viewership. Also, it looks like that Christian is wanted, while being berated by those who the WWE wanted no part of. There is absolutely zero upside in booking something like that to happen.

I'll have to go the Kane/Mysterio angle. Seriously, the "Is he alive or dead?", and Kane going apeshit on everyone and turning back into that psycho heel was awesome. Then he shows what's in the bag and it's..... Rey's mask. And the whole world lets out a groan, as we know what we'll be getting for the next few months. This angle bored the hell out of everyone, and it ended on Raw for god's sake. Come on! Terrible angle.

The only other one that comes close is the Jeff Hardy angle, and it doesn't even come close at all. It was a shocking story, but it failed to become an actual angle, which is one of the reasons why it doesnt get my vote. It was done in bad taste, and people automatically related it to Jeff Hardy's drug problems, when that is only one of many possible scenarios that could've happened. It just sort of disappeared though, and wasn't even given the chance to become anything. But we should probably be thankful for that.

Kane and Mysterio without a doubt...When Kane started attacking everybody I thought he would return to the Kane in 2003...The intrigue continued with the burlap sack which everybody thought contained his mask...When he pulled out Mysterio's mask I thought was a swerve but what killed it when Mysterio came back with not a mark on him as Kane said he was tortured and scarred....Then Mysterio started to win match after match against Kane which was the end of it all.

Karen.

But seriously, Mike Adamle was superb. That he's even on the list is an insult to wrestling fans across the world. I'm serious.

Other: Ric Flair retires. MVP or Kennedy should have taken him out (with a little tinkered scheduling) but instead they lost to a broken down old mule. Shawn Michaels should have a great match at WrestleMania, but instead he was the worst of the year with Hulk Hogan and Randy Savage's forgotten turd. People should care when a legend retired, but sad music is played over a montage of when the withered husk of a wrestler in front of us used to be good instead. Realising this, he cries. A lot.

Change the channel.

I'll take Rey and Kane as well. This whole thing had a great build up and went absolutely nowhere. Who in their right minds thought that Rey and Kane would be able to put on a good match? Bourne and Kane were miles more entertaining in the ring, and kane's promos got more and more random as the year went on. Just a waste of time all around with nothing eve coming out of this. Seriously, they started with something great and ended up with nothing at all to show for it. Awful Angle.

To be honest, I really can't think of an angle that was that bad in 2008. Sure, there weren't many great ones, but there weren't many bad ones either. I voted for the Rey Mysterio/Kane angle here. The start of the feud was good and it had potential. But once Rey got involved and it was revealed that Kane was holding Rey's mask in his bag, that's when it went downhill. The whole feud ended solving nothing at all. A few weeks after Rey got involved, I was dumbfounded as to what the feud was actually about.

It also doesn't help matters when the matches these two had with one another were pretty terrible. The fake presidential candidate were bad, but thank God it only lasted a week or two. This Kane/Rey feud lasted forever, and it solved absolutely nothing.

None, really. Some of the options are totally insignificant, the others aren't that bad.

Adamle was awesome. People dislike him yet say J.R. is still great. If anything Adamle was doing a more amusing version of Jim Ross, but with more facial movement.

But I do guess Jeff Jarrett letting his wife's death be used in an angle was poor taste. But wrestling is like that. It is TNA after all, it's not like people will remember it.

The Kane angle started out so well. We were all interested in it. Unfortunately, they dragged it on a bit too long and then involved Mysterio in it. Terrible. It was even mildly interesting after Kane started to talk about how he 'broke' Mysterio and how people who hide behind masks are slithering, little slimes. But then, Mysterio returned healthy and what not. The two put on a few bad matches, one of which I had to sit through at No Mercy. Who won this feud anyhow? Is it over? Did Kane ever actually beat the little guy? Stupid, stupid, stupid.

Voted for Mysterio vs Kane. It was entertaining when Kane was acting all nuts and we had no idea who he was on about, but after we found out it was Mysterio, and he returned, nothing, and I mean NOTHING of interest happened. The matches were bland and NOTHING was explained, just basically didn't make any sense. Pointless.

Kane and Mysterio - the angle and so many options, so many ways Kane could have gone, but instead they go with Mysterio. 'Broken, scarred etc', but he comes back a few weeks later, fine, no ill-effects, nada.

Kane could have regressed, Vince could have returned, Paul Bearer anything but Rey going over Kane for 2 PPVs.

At least Hardy being found unconscious, though badly worded due to his history, at least is still showing a flicker of life in a Hardy storyline, but Kane could have had better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back