Worst Angle of the Year

Discussion in '2010 Wrestling Awards' started by klunderbunker, Dec 1, 2010.

?

Worst Angle of the Year

1. NXT Season 2 Ending

2. EV2/Return of Hardcore Company

3. EV2 vs. Fourtune

4. Team 3D Feud

5. Goldust/Aksana Wedding

6. Shore

7. RVD Meets Janice

8. Abyss-a-Mania

9. THEY/Immortal

10. Michael Cole is the Voice of WWE

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. klunderbunker

klunderbunker Welcome to My (And Not Sly's) House

I forgot some of these. I can see why.

Dave likes this.
  2. Big Nick Dudley

I think this is easily the most competitive category.

3. future admin

future admin Getting Noticed By Management

EV2, I am sick to death of seeing old guys try to be hardcore, and Tommy Dreamer cut promos, it sickens me that they get television time over half the TNA roster.

4. zomigosh

zomigosh Occasional Pre-Show

I'm going with the NXT season 2 ending.

Arguably one of the worst beat downs I've seen, and the McGillicutty promo before this was just as bad.

5. Wade's Public Transit Bomb

Wade's Public Transit Bomb Championship Contender

The NXT Season 2 ending takes the cake. We all knew something shitty was going to happen when Hennig delivered one of the worst promos ever and wouldn't shut up about "starting now" and so on.

6. ABMorales787

ABMorales787 Lord And Master
    Staff Member Administrator

Goldust/Aksana. Unlike everything else, this one was totally pointless.

7. D-Man

D-Man Gone but never forgotten.

Let's not judge this based on being fanboys of WWE. I know that's why most people would choose "THEY/Immortal." But if you think about it, that angle was a billion times better than Abyss-a-fucking-mania. What an embarrassment to the industry, to have a shit wrestler accept a rub from one of the greatest wrestlers of all time in one of the shitties, pointless, most dragged out and meaningless angles in history.

8. ABMorales787

ABMorales787 Lord And Master
    Staff Member Administrator

The Goldust/Aksana wedding. Unlike everything else listed, this was completely pointless.

9. Hulk Hogan's Brother

Hulk Hogan's Brother Stop asking me what I'm gonna do!!!

EV2 gets the nod here. Their return and even them being in TNA in the first place makes no sense.

10. Coco

Coco Mid-Card Championship Winner

The Evolution of Cole has been one of the best angles of the year. Shouldn't be on the poll.

11. FunKay the Inevitable

FunKay the Inevitable People Like Me, We Don't Play

NXT Season 2 Ending. It was just awful and I think everyone was very, very glad that they nipped it at the bud after Perfect 2.0 gave perhaps the worst promo in recent memory.

12. Joe's Gonna Kill You

Joe's Gonna Kill You The Hunt is On

Yea The NXT 2 ending was horrible. The was Really Bad and so was the promo by Micheal. NXT 2 ending should win here.

13. Kenny Powers

Kenny Powers Bulletproof Tiger

I picked they as the worst angle which is more about the outcome of the angle then the angle itself. TNA made promoted this angle to no end thinking that we would see the second coming of Jesus Christ himself at Bound For Glory and we ended up with a heel Hogan, Bischoff, and Jarrett that we saw miles away. Oh and the top face of the company Jeff Hardy is a heel champion. I wouldn't of minded the angle if it actually went somewhere and something new was brought forth instead of NWO version 8.

The other angles on this poll are pretty terrible but only lasted briefly. The "They" angle is continuing to suck.

14. DiscipleofWrestling

DiscipleofWrestling Getting Noticed By Management

I have cut TNA a lot of slack this year (even at times when I probably should not have), but Abyss-a-mania is the one thing that stuck in my mind from the things listed on here. I don't think giving Abyss a Hall of Fame ring was exactly the best thing the company could have done at the time. It may have been a step towards Abyss becoming a monster again, but in the end, it really was an unnecessary one. Abyss just started becoming annoying, and it wasn't as if Abyss wasn't being pushed either. This just furthered the deterioration of the character Abyss that much, and it actually started making Hulk Hogan look terrible. Actually, come to think of it, this whole run in TNA has started to make Hulk Hogan look terrible, but I digress.

The only other angle I can think of as being worse than any of these is Orlando Jordan's bisexual angle. It had no rhyme or purpose, and it never went anywhere.

15. Tastycles

Tastycles Turn Bayley heel

All shit, but two stick out. Abyss a mania, which is possibly the most embarrassing wrestling television I've seen in years, and the NXT season 2 ending, which may well be the most embarrassing television I've seen in years. Just an absolute clusterfuck. That tall guy gets too much stick though.

16. Unsold Bacon

Unsold Bacon Shucky Ducky Quack Quack

I voted for mystery RAW GM and it didn't make it so I voted for Return of 'That Hardcore Philadelphia Promotion'. This just got annoying and Dreamer fake emotions were stupid and he really irks me now.

17. Mighty NorCal

Mighty NorCal SHALL WE BEGIN?

Oh goodness fucking gracious, this should be the biggest lanslide of any award. EV2, and its not even remotely close. Would have been even funnier if the WWECW wouldve still existed.

Also, EV2 Vs Fourtune and The Evolution of Cole are in the wrong category, both are strong conidates for best angle of the year. I literally shivered in anticipation every time EV2 and Fourtune cut promos on each other, fucking hilarious

18. WWTNA

WWTNA Occasional Pre-Show

"They" was the worst angle to me because it just showed you how desperate Hogan & Bishoff were to make another group similar to The NWO. Also, TNA built the whole "They" angle very. I expected "They" to be somebody not in TNA that is a big star but it turned out to be Hogan, Bishoff, Jeff Hardy, and Jeff Jarrett. That is an odd pairing of a group. Just saying.

19. Macca

Macca The Sunflower Samurai

Abyss-a-Mania.

I bought Destination X 2010 with my own money. I feel pain none of you can describe.

20. Mighty NorCal

Mighty NorCal SHALL WE BEGIN?

A shame Edge ruining Kanes character they just spent a summer building up isnt in here

21. a0161613

a0161613 WZCW's Mr Excitement

Rvd meeting Janice was abysmal. It sucked so bad. I think TNA should be first, second and third here.

22. gurvinder372

gurvinder372 Occasional Pre-Show

why is taker-kane devil's favorite son angle not in the list?
    Not sure why they have to show taker as more powerful and credible fighter amongst the two, even when taker was recovering from the effect of vegetative state. Not sure why Kane has to be weaker of the two. They could easily have billed taker as more subdued, worn-out and mentally weaker, which would have been something new and refreshing. It took 4 nexus guys to bury taker alive apart from taker (who hasn't recovered from vegetative state yet?). It would have been interesting and it would have given more credibility to Kane as a champion, if Kane had dominated taker. On top of all this, it wasn't making sense to me that devil's sons had to fight for WHC.

I felt they should have feuded Punk with taker, making Punk responsible for Taker's vegetative state, by giving it a Messiah vs Devil's son angle. It had the potential of being the feud of the decade knowing both competitor's ability to put good matches.

23. Y2JChrisJericho

Y2JChrisJericho Pre-Show Stalwart

Why is Cole getting votes? He's been great in my opinion, and I'm really enjoying his work. And he's annoying in a good way...he was really stale as a face, great as a heel. It's the most relevant he's been since joining this company.

Also this list should be filled with TNA angles...I'll pick EV2 returning. It was so hard to watch them as a stable, they all looked awful, and just seeing a group of old guys thinking they're still "in" was so painful to watch. The sad part is, I love ECW and I love all the guys apart of that stable...it was just so hard to see them like that. It was depressing. They depressed the shit out of me, haha.

24. UltimateHitman

UltimateHitman Old School Legend

I voted for They/Immortal. As somebody else mentioned, they pushed this thing like nobody's business and made it seem almost like the 2nd coming. I immediately thought back to the end days of WCW where they made a horrible deal out of every, single angle that turned out to be either a bomb, or at the most predictable and "normal" feeling. I had even found myself wondering "who the blue hell could 'they' be"? Then I found out and went "Good God Almighty, no". No, no, no, no, no!! WCW V.2 is what TNA is becoming and I knew it back when I heard Hogan and Bischoff and Russo were teaming up again. I tried to give them the benefit of the doubt, I really did, but they ended up not surprising me at all. I thought that was the biggest bust of the year. I could stomach EV2 (barely, but Rhino and Stevie helped w/that), my channel line-up doesn't have Scyfy so as a result I didn't see the NXT Season 2 thing, and even Abyss-a-mania gave me an initial chuckle at how ******ed the whole thing was. I almost voted the Shore because that crap annoys me however it's become semi-tolerable compared to other things. But They? They? I can hear it now "This is the biggest night in the history of our sport!" Sigh... Where was Schiavone when they needed him?

25. Fire Marshall Bill

Fire Marshall Bill Let me show ya somethin!!!

I don't see how so many people can think Immortal is still worse than the AARP boys returning. EV2 (the name alone is bad enough) did absolutely nothing worth watching. RVD can still put on decent matches but that's about it. And it definitely isn't worth 1 Tommy Dreamer promo, let alone 20 of them, mostly the same as the next.