Women Tag Team Titles

Discussion in 'World Wrestling Entertainment' started by shadyfozzie, Apr 11, 2018.

1. shadyfozzie

shadyfozzie Occasional Pre-Show

With the call up of The Iconics, there is a multitude of Women's wrestlers that are not really doing much. So, should WWE introduce Women's tag team belts and have them work both shows? You already have a few teams that could feud for them:

The Iconics
    Bliss/James
    Absolution
    Riott Squad

Then there are possible teams you can create and call up some NXT chicks
    Bayley/Banks
    Bring the Bellas back

This still leaves a handful of women to compete for the championships.

Thoughts?

2. Sexcellence of Sexecution

I've thought for awhile that if this whole women's revolution thing or whatever they're calling it is serious, they are going to need more belts for the women to compete with. I agree, the women's division has expanded, there are more female wrestlers than ever and you can't just have a top singles title with a roster that large. I also agree that there are some logical teams like the Iconic Duo, Absolution, and the Riott Squad. Bayley and Sasha's feud would also have benefitted from the existence of women's tag belts, because they could've been the tag champions and implode from there.

Here's the problem though.

THanks to the brandsplit, the WWE already has a fuckload of titles. Between RAW and SmacDkwon you've got 8 championships, plus the crusierweight title which is kind of a RAW thing and kind of it's own thing. So a women's tag team championship will make 10. And now they're combining the brands for every PPV, and there's no way they can feature every title properly. PPVs are already way too fucking long, I don't need them trying to fit more stuff onto the show.

3. King Patrick Star

King Patrick Star K. O. T. R. 2007 -€“ Team Undisputed

With the Brand Split, will there be Raw Women’s Tag Team Championship Titles and Smackdown Women’s Tag Team Championships Titles?? Though that would be overkill, I think it’s only right, unless they start consolidating the Championship Titles again. Maybe they should consolidate the current Raw and Smackdown Women’s Championship Titles and the current Raw and Smackdown Tag Team Championship Titles again and then have the Champions appear on both shows. This could also make room for a Women’s Mid-Card Championship Title.

LibSuperstar likes this.
  4. LibSuperstar

LibSuperstar Occasional Pre-Show

Every now a woman from the other brand can chllenge for the title.

King Patrick Star likes this.
  5. Dagger Dias

Dagger Dias Natural 20
    Staff Member Global Moderator

There are enough women now that it makes sense to go in that direction. With the Iconics now on the roster as well as factions like Absolution and the Riott Squad it could work. It also adds something to do for the girls who currently have nothing going on, if more teams and alliances are created. I'd like to see it happen at some point. It wasn't until in recent months that they would have had the roster to pull it off so I say give it a try. I agree with the thread starter's post with the exeption of one thing....

Not this. Never this.

6. xxjohnxx

xxjohnxx New Member

We are getting tag titles, but would they also benefit from having a women's intercontinental championship? When Seth Rollins was taken away from feuding for the universal title he downgraded to the IC title. For the women there is no downgrade. Its either the top or nothing. That leaves several women with little chance at being at the top. With two belt tiers, the top women could battle for the women's title and the lower tier for the IC title. And then we could still have the tag titles. This might seem like a lot, but if the women are going to be taken as seriously as the guys, with two feuds at the same time, we'd need all those belts. The IC belt and tag belts could be used on both shows.

It's going in that direction. As NXT grew they added the North American title. As the women's division grows, which was on full display at WM, we are going to need more belts for them. Its especially important now that CF, Asuka & Ronda seem to be on another level from the other girls. The top tier seems separate from the lower tier.

It wouldn't make sense for CF to go from the WM main event to feuding with a new girl. The new girls can start at the IC title level and work their way up to the women's title.

7. Jack-Hammer

Jack-Hammer YOU WILL RESPECT MY AUTHORITAH!!!!
    Staff Member Moderator

There were rumors going back to last year that WWE intended to create tag titles for the women. When you consider all the stuff that they've done to expand on the whole Women's Evolution thing, such as all female MITB, Elimination Chamber, Royal Rumble and various other things, a women's tag team title is coming eventually.

Do I think it's needed? Not really. If it was one big women's division where there are like 20+ women in all, there'd not only be room for a women's tag team title but there'd be potential for a women's mid-card championship. As it stands now with the brand split, however, you'd run into the same problems WWE has with its men's tag team division in that at any given time there are only a total of about 2 or so "legit" tag teams on either brand. As it stands, however, it just strikes me as nothing more than an excuse to create championship belts for the sake of someone having them.

8. Olan

Olan Getting Noticed By Management

Yes I believe it is time. It would give the women not in title picture something but meaningless tag matches. I think it is a good idea.

9. xxjohnxx

xxjohnxx New Member

The rumors are that they will have a tournament for the tag titles around Summer Slam. The winning team will both appear on Raw and SD as part of the dual contract of the tag championship.

10. d_henderson1810

d_henderson1810 Mid-Card Championship Winner

Summerslam, good, that gives plenty of time for Braun to find another 10-year old kid to team up with.

11. enviousdominous

enviousdominous Behold my diction

Most of us are aware of what happened the last time the WWF implemented a tag team championship for women. According to Pat Patterson, Moolah lost her damn mind and lied to Japanese promoters telling them that The Jumping Bomb Angels were supposed to lose the tag titles to The Glamour Girls at some low key event in Japan when that title exchange was supposed to happen at WrestleMania 4.

While such shenanigans are less likely these days, I'm hoping that Vince isn't urked by the very mention of the idea.

Here's an idea; give the women their own show.

NXT can be the magic melting pot were all athletes are sharing the spotlight. We have a separate show for cruiserweights, we can have a separate show for the women as well. Hell; with the amount of women they have they could even afford to maintain the current roster split.

Female wrestlers aren't the same cookie cutter examples that they used to be. They're characters all their own, so you could have fancy dramatic storylines revolving around female tag team champions within a two hour block of programming.

Beyond the roster that they currently have, there are a lot of women in the independents who would love to make the WWE a return on their investment in a larger female roster.

If they can't cut a deal, just air it on the WWE Network.

12. xxjohnxx

xxjohnxx New Member

If the women were given their own show it would likely be filled with the Mae Young classic women. It sounds like a good idea, but in reality I don't think the WWE's creative team can handle that many shows. The show would likely have poor writing, leading to declining ratings. The women would likely be on there thinking they might one day be called up to the MR, yet most won't and they will be left wondering if they would make more money on the indies.

The WWE has 5 hours of live TV to fill a week, and NXT. There's enough time for the women to be featured. During the busy WM week, the WWE had 3 storylines for the women going. Bayley/Sasha, Alexa/Nia & CF/Asuka. If they can do that, they can easily handle the tag titles and a midcard title.

Being optimistic, they could hire some of the divas from the past to work the show. If the show is filmed NXT style, once a month, then I could see beth, melina, Laycool and others interested in doing the show. The show being a mix of divas from the past, the current MR women, NXT women and indie women would be a good mix for a women's show. Being realistic, the WWE wouldn't invest the time to do a show like that.

13. Vintage Punk

Vintage Punk Pre-Show Stalwart

Please God no! They already have too many titles. The only way I'd be more accepting of it is if they would make 1 sole women's champion and 1 sole men's tag champion. I'd allow only the Champions to go back and forth from Raw to SD. Then each brand's #1 contender would face them or on a dual brand PPV they can setup a contender's match between #1 from SD and #1 of Raw to see who faces the champs. Otherwise for me, there are only a handful of female wrestlers that I enjoy. I think we have enough women's matches. The "revolution" did enough. But knowing WWE they love their "first time evers" so they will probably do it.

14. theblackplague

theblackplague Dark Match Jobber

its only a matter of time before they move all the women to one show and give them a world championship, mid card title and tag-titles. I can see it now. Its another step in the womens revolution. Just wait...it will happen soon enough and when it does...ill be here saying I told u so ;)

15. Very Average

Very Average Dark Match Jobber

For the Women's division, I think if they had Tag Titles then the 2 singles belts would need to be unified.

I would like to see floating Women's tag champions (for all belts tbh), but I'm guessing they would then be exclusive to one show.

16. LibSuperstar

LibSuperstar Occasional Pre-Show

Knowing WWE it very well could.