With Rollins out with an injury how does it shake up plans for Mania.

Who will be Reigns Mania opponent

• Brock Lesnar for the WWE World Heavyweight Championship

• John Cena for the WWE World Heavyweight Championship

• The Rock

• Dean Ambrose (possibly for the world title)

• Triple H (possibly for the world title)

• I think Rollins will get cleared and it will be a Shield Triple Threat

• Other

Results are only viewable after voting.

That N Word

Actively evolving
As reported on WWE.com Rollins injury will cost him being at Mania where he was said to be facing Triple H at the event according to the main site. But with 6-9 months off and only 6 months to Mania what does it mean for Mania.

Let's say Rock does not return and Seth can't pull a Cena-like recovery. Then who does Triple H face.

And for Roman Reigns, we can now cross a Shield Triple Threat off the options or Reigns opponent(s) for Mania. We can guran-damn-tee that Reigns will either walk in champ or/and walk out champ. So with that being said who does Roman face at the event? and who does Triple H face?

Why did you put The Rock in the poll if we are supposed to leave him out?

Anyways, if Rock doesn't make it again this year, then it's going to be really tough for Trips to find a worthy opponent. Rollins and Rock were the two guys in the mix, and after that there's really nobody left.

It will be interesting to see what happens with him. The guys left over he's already wrestled at Mania..

Brock, Sting, Taker, Cena, DBryan, Orton (prob won't even be @ Mania), Batista, Jericho, Sheamus, etc.

A lot depends on what part-timers come back. Will Austin give it a shot? Will HBK come out of retirement for one last match in his home state? Will Batista return like he said he wants to recently? Kurt Angle? Jericho? Will DBryan be healthy? Those things open up opportunities to move things around a little.

If some part timers come back, then maybe Reigns becomes available to face HHH since Cena could take on someone else. Or maybe HHH could face a part timer like Austin or HBK if they did return.

It's tough to say who since we don't know who will actually be coming back.

If nobody came back, and all we have to work with is what is there now, then I'd say...

Roman Reigns (c) vs John Cena

Samoa Joe vs Triple H

....considering Sting will be taking on Undertaker.

You want to know who I would give the belt to now that Rollins is out?

Triple H.

Yes, Roman can win the tournament, but then Triple H can come out and sarcastically say that he forgot to mention before that the winner of the tournament has to go through him as well to prove that they deserve the strap. Reigns, completely fatigued and exhausted from having already two or three matches that night, falls victim to the almighty Pedigree and thus he becomes the WWE World Heavyweight Champion. I would do this to keep the belt warm for either when Seth Rollins returns or until he finds a decent enough replacement for him as "The Man"

I think we can all agree that Reigns will never be the face of the company, (at least not in his current character) but he CAN still be a legitimate main event star, and since Triple H is a GOAT heel when he wants to be, there's no better person for Roman to go over than Triple H. Reigns would be booed against guys like Brock Lesnar, Seth Rollins, and even a heel Dean Ambrose. Hell, he'd even be the least popular guy in a Shield triple threat. But against Triple H, a match they've been wanting to do since last year and have never gotten the chance to yet, I can see him being cheered by the majority on that one. And he might get cheered against Cena as well, but who wants to see Cena win the title again anyway?

As reported on WWE.com Rollins injury will cost him being at Mania where he was said to be facing Triple H at the event according to the main site. But with 6-9 months off and only 6 months to Mania what does it mean for Mania.

Let's say Rock does not return and Seth can't pull a Cena-like recovery. Then who does Triple H face.

And for Roman Reigns, we can now cross a Shield Triple Threat off the options or Reigns opponent(s) for Mania. We can guran-damn-tee that Reigns will either walk in champ or/and walk out champ. So with that being said who does Roman face at the event? and who does Triple H face?

Well it means that he won't be at Mania so they have some re-writing of the script to do, which quite frankly they would have done anyway.

I'm thinking that Rollins will not be at Mania so there goes any option of a Shield 3 way, or a match with HHH.

I have no idea who Reigns will face, there are no top heels right now available too him. Wyatt is tangled with Taker/Kane, Owens is holding the IC title and I have no idea what they will do with Ambrose. I'm sure they will elevate someone or maybe even bring up Samoa Joe from NXT. Although will a Reigns/Samoa Joe main event sell out Cowboy Stadium. I don't think it will.

As for HHH, why should he face anyone? Why should he even be wrestling at Mania. He is the one of the bosses, and this is why we are in the situation we are now. The roster is quite honestly a clusterfuck, no one stands out, and we are worried about who HHH will face. A guy who puts on wrestling trunks less than Brock Lesnar does.

You want to know who I would give the belt to now that Rollins is out?

Triple H.

Yes, Roman can win the tournament, but then Triple H can come out and sarcastically say that he forgot to mention before that the winner of the tournament has to go through him as well to prove that they deserve the strap. Reigns, completely fatigued and exhausted from having already two or three matches that night, falls victim to the almighty Pedigree and thus he becomes the WWE World Heavyweight Champion. I would do this to keep the belt warm for either when Seth Rollins returns or until he finds a decent enough replacement for him as "The Man"

I think we can all agree that Reigns will never be the face of the company, (at least not in his current character) but he CAN still be a legitimate main event star, and since Triple H is a GOAT heel when he wants to be, there's no better person for Roman to go over than Triple H. Reigns would be booed against guys like Brock Lesnar, Seth Rollins, and even a heel Dean Ambrose. Hell, he'd even be the least popular guy in a Shield triple threat. But against Triple H, a match they've been wanting to do since last year and have never gotten the chance to yet, I can see him being cheered by the majority on that one. And he might get cheered against Cena as well, but who wants to see Cena win the title again anyway?

Hahahahah.

Number 1: HHH being the champ DOES hold some water, but only so that Roman doesn't turn face and he can win it from a powerful heel instead of a tournament.

Number 2: Reigns is going to be the face of the company whether 12 neckbeards on Wrestlezone and Wreddit like it or not. It's just that it probably wasn't in the cards for another year or so. Rollins getting hurt moved it up.

Number 3: HHH needs to fight another legend at WrestleMania, because it doesn't really make a whole ton of sense (outside of putting Reigns over) for HHH to fight young guys anymore.

I would have wanted Shield Triple Threat but i doubt Rollins would make up to Wrestlemania so i Think Roman Reigns vs Brock Lesnar is the right choice...

I will go with the wild card here. Dean Ambrose.

With the ratings slumping down the way. The WWE universe wants to see something fresh.The problem Roman Reigns faced during Royal Rumble 2015 is, everyone knew he was going to win and the lack of anticipation and the hatred had grown eventually. But now, if WWE decides to push their fan favourite out of nowhere, it can draw more fans.

Oh come on WWE, you had put the Gold on Great Khali for more than once and why can't you try that with the Lunatic Fringe??

I will go with the wild card here. Dean Ambrose.

Personally, I like Dean Ambrose but if he winds up fighting for the world championship......or possibly winning it.....I'd have to say he's been lucky to be in the right place at the right time.

Had Seth not gotten hurt, I doubt the company saw Dean as worthy of main event status and had no plans to let him get anywhere near it, but since all bets are now off because of Seth's forfeiture of the title, Ambrose might very well be the fortunate son.

In addition to that, I think he's been lucky to have had as much attention as he's gotten.....and it's because of his former Shield connection. Without it, he'd be (imho) just another midcarder in the locker room hoping for a chance to show what he could do in the ring. But he's been able to benefit from Roman Reigns' push, joining his former partner in Roman's struggles with the Wyatt family. Reigns needed someone at his side and Dean was a logical choice because of their history.

Personally, I don't think Dean will be the next champion, yet with the whole 'wild card' aspect of Seth's forced abdication, anything can happen.

I'm not putting down Dean Ambrose but due to how circumstances and storylines have gone down, he might just be the luckiest SOB I've ever seen.

I'am actually glad Rollins and Orton both got injured, i hope HHH, Kane, Big Show & Henry will also be unable to compete. I know this sound weird for some of you, but the less old unhugry talent WM have the better, because this way some young guns can get a much better match on Mania card than pointless Andre the Giant Memorial Battle Royal.

Reigns vs Cena for WWE strap
Sheamus vs Brock
Batista vs Rock
Sting vs Taker
Owens vs Bryan
Del Rio vs Rusev vs Swagger - US Title
Ambrose vs Ziggler - IC Title
Tag Team Turmoil (Wyatts vs Dudleys vs New Day vs Lucha vs Ascention vs Usos vs Cesaro & Kidd vs NAO)
Sasha Banks vs Becky Lynch vs Charlotte vs Bailey - Divas title

No need for HHH, Kane, Orton and other boring ^ out of shape guys

This is a big issue given how much they have been building Rollins and the fact he is so incredible in the ring. The way I see it, they need to have a younger guy in the main-event of Mania or, at least, in the World Title match. That would essentially be Rollins, Reigns, Ambrose and Wyatt.

The options with Rollins are definitely big. Rollins/Reigns, Rollins/Ambrose and Rollins/Reigns/Ambrose all would have big matches that stole the show. In terms of build-up and match quality. If not absolutely steal the show; it would have held it's own.

Without Rollins, everything changes. Firstly, a match involving Reigns/Ambrose/Wyatt or anyone else is going to struggle to stand-out given the quality of talent elsewhere on the card. I'm a big fan of all three but there is not a change Reigns/Wyatt would be bigger than Taker/Cena. There is no way the build up for Ambrose/Wyatt would be more engaging than Rock/Brock, etc..

Rollins had potential for great stories and the ability to steal the show whatever match he is in. Now, the WWE are in a position where they may have to use a part-timer, Lesnar or Cena in the World Title match which isn't ideal.

Lesnar v Wyatt might work. I think it is too soon for Lesnar/Reigns and Cena/Reigns. Maybe Wyatt v Taker but you they need to get away from a heel champion and having Taker go over two years in a row would be pointless.

It's definitely a predicament. Even with Rollins, the prospect of Rollins v Brock or Rollins v Cena would be amazing. Now, there are fewer options that really stand-out. At this stage, I'd go for Reigns v Wyatt but that would almost certainly get overshadowed. How can that be the main-event if the rest of the card had Taker, Sting, Cena, Orton, Lesnar, Rock, Triple H. I mean, Triple H and Randy Orton failed to steal the show at WM25 so what on earth would one of these younger guys do.

There has been a single Wrestlemania where the World Title match didn't involve at least one of the top 3 or 4 talents. Nevermind top 6 or 7. Everything has been build around Rollins and, while there are some fantastic options, a significant proportion have flaws.

I'd say Brock. Brock never pinned Reigns and vice versa and it only makes sense for Brock to face Reigns since Brock got his vengeance against Taker but yet to get a title shot since then.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back