William Regal

Tougie

WZ Sexual Panther
Ok so again this week Regal was used as an enhancement for Kozlov. Now the last time Regal got a decent push was, well I cant really think of one. Sure he is past his prime and has had numerous IC title reigns but really he is still cabable of putting on really good matches. But obviously that wont happen in WWE.

So is anyone else hoping that Regal goes to ROH? He and Jerry Lynn would be the most respected guys in that lockeroom and there are plenty of people Regal could actually put over while stilling having one last run.

No he shouldnt, Regal is in the WWE as a manager, or to help the superstars backstage, he probably won't wrestle that much any more anyway, he is getting old now, he will probably stay in the WWE just to be a backstage helper/Manager, since he is great on the mic

He's been used as an enhancement guy for weeks now. He could do a lot better in ROH anyway as a manager especially if he went and managed Danielson if he returned. Roderick already has Truth Martini as a manager but Regal would be a better fit. I really dont see anyone on the WWE roster who would be a good fit for Regal to be their manager.

He's been used as an enhancement guy for weeks now.

So?

He could do a lot better in ROH anyway as a manager

Define 'better'. He'd make more money in WWE. He'd be seen by more people in WWE. He'd be looked after better by WWE. How is this better for him? I don't think he cares too much about winning or loding in a fake sport.

especially if he went and managed Danielson if he returned.

I repeat, this is better how? Less £££ for him, means he has to work a lot harder to support himself. There's a reason why almost every indie star eventually sells out and joins a big company. The lifestyle is a lot easier.

Roderick already has Truth Martini as a manager but Regal would be a better fit.

How exavtly. Regal is a stiff british guy who knows a million and one ways to punch you in the face and suplex you. Strong is a stiff american guy with a bazillion back breakers.

I really dont see anyone on the WWE roster who would be a good fit for Regal to be their manager.

WHy would he be a manager? after his tenure as an active performer is done, he'd be better served teaching the guys in FCW (or whatever company WWE's using as a tallent farm) for real. Ask Bryan Danielson how good a teacher Regal is. WWE also knows that Regal has a lot to teach people because they assigned him to one of their former developmental territories before (MCW, where he met Danielson. After which the rest is history)

He'd make less money and is already in his early fourties. He knows with his mic skills he's on a gold mine in the WWE.

He'd make less money and is already in his early fourties. He knows with his mic skills he's on a gold mine in the WWE.

When lately has he been on the mic. And really im thinking of it not from the money side. Obviously, it goes without saying he would make and does make more money in WWE. Sure he is respected backstage but why use a guy who is solid in the ring to job to Kozlov, Khali, and Santino. I just find it to be another slap in the face to a great wrestler. Neither of those 3 guys are going anywhere in WWE. So im simply saying if Regal went to ROH he might actually make someone look good who is going somewhere.

And the Regal-Strong combo, simply enough they both have a ruthless style dispite not both being british i dont really see how that matters

I think that's entirely dependent upon what Regal wants to do with his career at this point. Lynn was obviously not interested in retirement, whereas Regal may be, or may not be interested in tutoring up-and-comers right now.

I think purely from a wrestling point-of-view, ROH would be a better fit for him were he to want to reclaim the spotlight a bit, but considering his age, and his comforts that he likely gets from the WWE, I can't see why he'd want to leave at this point.

Completely agree. This is easily an "I Wish" Post. I think whether he was wrestling or working backstage like Cornette he is a better fit for ROH. But obviously at his age the money is more important and he doesnt have to work as hard.

I personally would love to see it. His style matches Ring of Honor with his diverse grappling and strikes. But as IDR said before it's whatever he wants to take with his career.

On one side we've seen many legends take their last run through the Ring of Honor such as Storm and others. (I can't think of any right now) And they have put great matches with many of the ROHers. Imagine the matches he could have with Aires, Black, or Strong. Legendary as I think about it.

OR, he could stay in WWE, keep training the young kids, and put one over in a retirement match. He's making lots of money and it's the most financially stable path he could take.

So just whatever he wants to do. Maybe?

Well I was fine with they way WWE was pushing Regal when he had his fued with CM Punk over the IC Title, because it proved Punk could be over as champion but I really think he could have some really good matches. And if he had a retirement match in ROH it would be a lot better compared to the match he would have in WWE. Probably jobbing to Kozlov

When lately has he been on the mic. And really im thinking of it not from the money side.
So you're not thinking of his best interest but what you want to see. Gottcha.
Obviously, it goes without saying he would make and does make more money in WWE. Sure he is respected backstage but why use a guy who is solid in the ring to job to Kozlov, Khali, and Santino.
Because his day in the sun is over and that's the nature of the business: To elevate the next generation and keep things going.
I just find it to be another slap in the face to a great wrestler.
"Slap in the face"? To who? You? Cause I'm sure Regal doesn't give a fuck. You know it's all fake right? That his "jobbing" is him doing what he get's paid to do i.e. pin me pay me. Wins don't matter.
Neither of those 3 guys are going anywhere in WWE.
Well seeing as how they wrestle for the arguably the biggest promotion on the planet, are featured on a weekly TV show watched by millions, (Santino/Khali)have held championship titles (for the oh so prestigious record books), and have been able to make a comfortable living doing it, I'd say they're all doing just fine.
So im simply saying if Regal went to ROH he might actually make someone look good who is going somewhere.
So Regal should forsake his livelihood to put over nobodies in hope that they get "somewhere" which I can only imply means TNA/WWE, rather than stay at the aforementioned WWE and do the same job, for more money, with guys who have already "made it" and are now trying to make it even further. That sounds like a smart move.:rolleyes:

So you're not thinking of his best interest but what you want to see. Gottcha.Because his day in the sun is over and that's the nature of the business: To elevate the next generation and keep things going."Slap in the face"? To who? You? Cause I'm sure Regal doesn't give a fuck. You know it's all fake right? That his "jobbing" is him doing what he get's paid to do i.e. pin me pay me. Wins don't matter. Well seeing as how they wrestle for the arguably the biggest promotion on the planet, are featured on a weekly TV show watched by millions, (Santino/Khali)have held championship titles (for the oh so prestigious record books), and have been able to make a comfortable living doing it, I'd say they're all doing just fine. So Regal should forsake his livelihood to put over nobodies in hope that they get "somewhere" which I can only imply means TNA/WWE, rather than stay at the aforementioned WWE and do the same job, for more money, with guys who have already "made it" and are now trying to make it even further. That sounds like a smart move.:rolleyes:

I said from the start that I dont really care what his best interest is because its obvious what it is because he is still in WWE. Kozlov and the other guys he is jobbing to arent getting any further than mid card so thats why its annoying. And no shit I know its fake, sorry that im tired of seeing Khali, Kozlov and Santino win when their going no where.

And seriously Khali won the belt because he was a monster, not a terribly dancing giant with no appeal whatsoever. Kozlov got one world title shot 3 years ago if i remember right. And Santino does the same stuff every week. I really dont give a damn what company they work for none of them have great wrestling ability, and if they do and hasent been showcased. And saying Regal would put nobodies over in ROH. Thats what he is doing now in WE.

Anyway Like I said im not basing this off of money, ive already said that. Maybe read the original post.

i said from the start that I dont really care what his best interest is because its obvious what it is because he is still in WWE. Kozlov and the other guys he is jobbing to arent getting any further than mid card so thats why its annoying. And no shit I know its fake, sorry that im tired of seeing Khali, Kozlov and Santino win when their going no where.
No need to say sorry. I forgive you. And actually with regards to the bolded text above you say nothing of the sort in the OP. And don't you think that's pretty fucking selfish of you to just care about what you want to see versus the well-being of the guy you supposedly are a fan of?
And seriously Khali won the belt because he was a monster, not a terribly dancing giant with no appeal whatsoever.
Former Champion.
Kozlov got one world title shot 3 years ago if i remember right.
WWE Superstar.
And Santino does the same stuff every week.
Yes, ever week he gets over with the crowd and makes cash whilst staying healthy.
I really dont give a damn what company they work for none of them have great wrestling ability, and if they do and hasent been showcased.
Both Marella and Koslov are decent in the ring, and as you can see Santino is a fantastic worker.
And saying Regal would put nobodies over in ROH. Thats what he is doing now in WE.
No, ROH guys really are nobodies, the guys in WWE you mentioned are on one of the longest and highest rated programs on cable TV and repeatedly watched by millions.
Anyway Like I said im not basing this off of money, ive already said that. Maybe read the original post.
This OP?
Ok so again this week Regal was used as an enhancement for Kozlov. Now the last time Regal got a decent push was, well I cant really think of one. Sure he is past his prime and has had numerous IC title reigns but really he is still cabable of putting on really good matches. But obviously that wont happen in WWE.

So is anyone else hoping that Regal goes to ROH? He and Jerry Lynn would be the most respected guys in that lockeroom and there are plenty of people Regal could actually put over while stilling having one last run.
That OP mentions nothing about "not basing this off of money". In fact it doesn't say what you're basing it on at all. Although you do mention "one last run".
Now as we all know "one last run" means afterward you're either flat out done with the business or close to it. Or at least one tries to be (see Flair, Foley, etc.). Now having a last run with the belt is beneficial to the talent because in general they are higher on the card --theoretically a big draw-- and in-turn make more money. So in a round about way that "one last run" would be about money.
It certainly can't be about "wrestling" because as you and I both know the matches are not legitimately competitive. You do mention "respect" though. But then I'm reasonably sure Regal is very well respected in the WWE locker room so that probably wouldn't be a factor either. Nor would it be for the exposure as ROH's viewership both live and on TV is dwarfed by WWE.
I dunno... I think I'd have to say that that one last run would kinda have to come down to making some $bank$.
So, where would Regal himself prefer to be?: Having his last run in the business in ROH for peanuts, or cruising along being a well paid, and well respected WWE Superstar and then eventual agent and possibly future Legend/HOF'er for WWE where he can be seen by more people and secure the proper funds for a possible life after the business? Hmm, I wonder?
Anyway, in answer to your OP:
No, I would not like to see Regal go to ROH for a last run. As a fan of the guy I'd prefer he work and make a good living for as long as he could in WWE. If, after all that, HE decided he wanted to go to ROH to close things out then I'd be all for it, and hope he saved his money well and doesn't get hurt for nothing. But of course that's just what I would like to see.

My favorite wrestler being William Regal and me hating WWE; I will prefer he go to TNA and team up/manage my new favorite brit wrestler Douglass Williams or form a new British Invasion with Williams, Magnus, Terry, and/or Wolfe.

We know he could wrestle either way but the problem is that I think he won't be able to use the name William Regal outside of WWE. It may not sound like much but what's better Mark something or the Undertaker. I understand what you mean about him losing to nobodies cept Kozlov, but if he goes to ROH or the indies it should because he got released, not because he quit in order to do so.

I'd say we got a WWE Mark with Ligerbomb here. I dont give a damn what Regal makes or how healthy he is for this forums purpose. Before you make yourself seem like more of a dumbass realize that I've said more than once Regal is in WWE because of the money and its easier to stay healthy

Regal is in the WWE and he should stay there. Facts are, he has never been that big of a player so he probably hasn't made that much money compared to some. He should stay in the WWE to prepare for himself and his families financial future. He can't have to many more years left and he would make more money in the WWE, and he really needs to think about life after wrestling.

I'd say we got a WWE Mark with Ligerbomb here.
And I'd say nope wrong again. If I'm such a HUGE WWE "mark" why is it that my user name is inspired by a strong-style NJPW Jr. Heavyweight legend who has never once worked for WWE?:rolleyes: And by-the-by if the worst thing you could call me is a WWE mark... well despite the tremendous pain it would cause, somehow I'd have the strength to carry on. In fact, carry on I shall... let's see what other gems you wrote:
I dont give a damn what Regal makes or how healthy he is for this forums purpose.
Ok,ok, gottcha. Understood loud and clear. For the purpose of forum discussions you actively choose to throw common sense and logic right out the window. Now I understand crystal clear. Thanks for the clarification.
Before you make yourself seem like more of a dumbass realize that I've said more than once Regal is in WWE because of the money and its easier to stay healthy
Yea... I don't think any one who reads this exchange would consider me to be playing the part of "the dumbass" (besides you of course). Regarding Regal, you made no mention of money until the 6th post, and his health (in a very round about way mentioning his "age") until the 8th, and this was after other people brought up the points in criticism of your initial idea.
Bottom-line you want what you want, despite the common sense and reason that would argue against such things. That's fine. Many would agree that the original premise you put forth was stupid, but it's your opinion. As such, you are certainly entitled to have it but please don't even try to pretend that it is a good idea for the guy involved. Instead, just return it to the realm of theoretical "How cool would it be if..." fantasy that omits logic and consequence. Like-wise don't get all pissy when people who apply such things come in and reply to your posts in a manner which bursts your fantasy bubble.

Dont flatter yourself buddy, you didnt burst any bubble. Obviously Regal will never leave WWE. He's too old and is making good money. Point is he is still capable of some pretty damn good matches and obviously having pointless matches with Santino every week isnt a good match.

Granted now I look back at my original post and I could have but more but clearly IMO it goes without saying that he is in WWE still because of the security, money, and his age. Only reason he would go to ROH is to have a decent last run but clearly that won't happen, which is why i said in an early post this is clearly just a dream post. Whether or not that means idgaf about Regal's well being by actually having him wrestle more than 3-4 minutes a night, well I'd say thats questionable

Regal is a very important member in the WWE ranks. Just because he isn't winning matches every week doesnt mean he isnt used correctly or an important member of the roster. Regal's main role now is basically to get people over. Very much like Finlay (who also is head trainer for the diva's). Regal also has involvement backstage. In fact i think Regal will be with WWE for many years, as a trainer or agent after his ring career comes to an end.
Regal plays his character excellent, and like i say, just because he doesnt win each week doesnt mean he isnt 'needed' by WWE. He is actually probally more important than a lot of current 'stars'. If you suggested anyone who had a losing streak was to go to ROH then they would have a great roster and WWE would be very bare.
So basically William Regal will not be going to ROH - anytime soon anyway.

Dont flatter yourself buddy, you didnt burst any bubble.
I'm not your buddy, friend.
Obviously Regal will never leave WWE. He's too old and is making good money. Point is he is still capable of some pretty damn good matches and obviously having pointless matches with Santino every week isnt a good match.
I would say that obviously you don't understand the real difference between a "good" match and a "pointless" one or what make one "pointless" and one "good", subjective as those terms may be.
Granted now I look back at my original post and I could have but more but clearly IMO it goes without saying that he is in WWE still because of the security, money, and his age. Only reason he would go to ROH is to have a decent last run but clearly that won't happen, which is why i said in an early post this is clearly just a dream post. Whether or not that means idgaf about Regal's well being by actually having him wrestle more than 3-4 minutes a night, well I'd say thats questionable
Clearly you're employing a decent backpedal... clearly.

Anyway, this "decent last run" is probably a moot point. I don't think Regal would care that strongly about a run of fake "wins" in a pseudo-sport. But say he did, wouldn't he prefer it to be in WWE? I mean "If a tree falls in the woods", etc., etc., etc.

I love how you keep making the same point over and over again. Obviously Regal doesnt care about one last run, obviously he doesnt care about the spot he is in at WWE. He's making good money and still doing what he loves. So feel free to make the same comment again.

I love how you keep making the same point over and over again.
I love it too. And I love that you finally love it as well (took ya long enough, amiright folks?). Anyway, it's nice that we finally see eye to eye on these things.
Obviously Regal doesnt care about one last run, obviously he doesnt care about the spot he is in at WWE. He's making good money and still doing what he loves.
Obviously.
So feel free to make the same comment again.
Why? I no longer have reason to.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back