William Regal Campaign HQ

Status
Not open for further replies.
main_picture_280x39_475739a.jpg

Quite frankly, if you're English, then you have no other choice than to support this guy. Otherwise you're not English. If you're not English then you should still support the best thing to come out of England since Stonehenge, and that's well famous.

I won't do the usual thing of listing achievements such as world titles and the like in here, because they're, erm, not necessary. The fact is, Regal can kick the shite out of most people, his physical style means that most people have trouble beating him, even Goldberg, and he usually beat people in about a minute, not Regal though, shows how professional he is, wouldn't you agree?

I don't know if you've ever been to Blackpool, I have, and I assure its a tough place to be, rough as hell, and yet Regal made a name for himself fighting for money on the streets there. That's tough, not even Hulk Hogan could do that, what was he before his wrestling career? A bassist, that's what, not as tough as what Regal did. It's cold in Blackpool as well, yet I have never once seen Regal in a sweater.

These are just some of the reasons for why you should vote for Will Regal in the upcoming tournament. A true hard bastard if ever there was one.

VOTE REGAL.

Regal nevehas impressed me that much. I remember two of his matches being great: vs. Benoit on a Velocity of all places, and the stret fight with Finlay from Nitro as just being brutal. Other than that, he'll be bounced early on.

I was actually begining to like Regal untill he screwed himself out of his push. I was honestly hoping that he'd have a short WWE title reign, just because it would be extreamly entertaining.

Reactions: OIL
I think you may have gotten more of a push if you would've thrown out his "Lord" Steven Regal gimmick, more so than his W.W.E. William Regal stuff.

In the end, I loved Regal from W.C.W. far more. To me, he was the uncrowned king of the Television Championship. And that meant winning a lot in last minute type situations. He'd have to be on every show, which meant they felt a lot about him to put him in weekly title matches.

From his W.W.F/E. stuff, I only enjoyed his stuff from the 2001-02 era, in which he did become an Intercontinental Champion by defeating Edge. Yet he didn't make near enough splash to amount to anything, as he dropped the title to R.V.D. almost directly after that.

He would've and should've had a decent push toward the Heavyweight title, possibly last year, with what would've been his best push to date and likely only attempt, now, he'll ever see. Unfortunately, he screwed himself out of that.. and as a result, I think outta this tournament as well.

I've never seen what people like about Regal so much. He's average. He's not great on the mic, and his wrestling style is good, but it's not the type of style that a main eventer would have which might explain why he will be a mid-carder for life. I just don't get it personally.

Apart from the fact that he's from England and he has a very hard hitting wrestling style, what else does he have going for him at this point? As Will said, he has a chance to possibly be a main eventer last year but he blew it when he got suspended by the company, not to mention he isn't getting any younger. He'll be lucky to make it into the top 60, me thinks.

Ah I'm going to be patriotic and get behind Sir William. It's just a shame they made him act like he's from the south of England yet billed him from Blackpool, as people from Blackpool are nothing like Regal. Although, a Northern gimmick wouldn't work too well. Drinking pints, eating chips and gravy, and askinf for a "brew luv", it's just not the American's view of us English.

However his gimmick may be soft southerner, but his in-ring style is hard northerner. He can brawl with the best of them, he is intense in the ring. He isn't a bad technician when he wants to be, and he can win by submission if the match requires.

He won't get far, but I will not go against him...unless he goes up against the Rock. Or Austin. Or Angle. Or Edge. Or Orton. Or Cena. But still. THERE'S ONLY ONE WILLIAM REGAL!

Regal/Jericho was the best mid-card feud for years. Unfortuantly like he says Regal is remembered as a comedy GM

Let's face it, Regal really is a failure, he has had the tv exposure and the talent to achieve so much more, and yes his Jericho feud wasn't the greatest. But if there's one thing us Brits love it is glorious failures. England football team, Tim Henman, Colin Montgomerie, England cricket team, England rugby team, the list could go on forever. When we do get people who are successful, Andy Murray, Lewis Hamilton, many people see them in a negative light.

So let's all band together and get another of our heroic failures as far as possible in this tournament.

Who's with me?

No one? Oh well, was worth a try.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo