Will/Should Finn Balor get inserted into the title match at Wrestlemania?

Will he?

• Yes, he will and he should

• Yes, he will, but he shouldn't

• No, he won't, but he should

• No, he won't and he shouldn't

Results are only viewable after voting.
At Summerslam Finn Balor shocked the world when he became the first ever WWE Universal Champion. And it seems like this wasn't going to be some short title reign in order to please the fans. Recent reports say that Finn Balor was supposed to face Owens at Clash of Champions and then defend in a triple threat Hell in a Cell match at the HIAC PPV against Owens and Jericho.
It looks to me that Vince was heavily behind Balor and he was ready to hand him the keys of RAW.

Finn is out with an injury and he is scheduled to return in 6 months time, which will be around the Road to Wrestlemania. During his promo he said that the first thing he's coming for is the Universal Championship. So, do you think there's a chance of Finn returning as a big babyface and goes on to Wrestlemania to challenge for the belt?

There has also been speculations, although I take those with a grain of salt, that Vince has Irish heritage and that he always wanted a big Irish face to run his company. Also the success Connor McGregor has in UFC as an Irish, could Vince in pushing Balor more.

However, there was a certain someone a while back, named Daniel Bryan who beat John Cena clean at Summerslam, was over as hell, but the company refused to have him headline Wrestlemania. Sometimes Vince just treats his baby, Wrestlemania, a lot different than the rest of his PPVs.

Question #1: Will Finn Balor headline Wrestlemania in a match for the Universal Championship?

Now onto the "should he" part. When Roman Reigns went on to win the 2014 Royal Rumble as was deemed as the one to beat the one in twenty one and one, fans went ballistic. A huge controversy broke out about how Reigns wasn't ready to be in that spot, about how he wasn't good on the mic, or in the ring (although he put on great matches against Bryan and Lesnar). So, what really makes a superstar worthy of being a main eventer? Balor isn't great on the mic either. He's a great wrestler, though.

Also in Reigns' case it was more about bad timing and bias from the fans. Bad timing due to Bryan's return, who still got treated like shiet after being eliminated from the Rumble early (although that was a good storytelling decision). Then bias because fans, after everything they went through with Batista, the 10 years of Cena.. they just didn't want someone to be the guy, just because he's muscular. And the fact that Reigns was muscular backfired. I believe that even if Reigns was muscular but a great in ring performer, fans would still boo him for some reason.

Reigns also fell victim of bad booking and bad character development. And the bias boos that surfaced at Wrestlemania just kept going on, and they will never stop, no matter what Reigns does.
Finn on the other hand, has had great booking and also an interesting persona.

So comparing Reigns to Balor, or Balor to any other wrestler, why does Balor get a free pass from the fans, even though he's been with the main roster for one month?

Why should Finn Balor headline Wrestlemania, if he does, and why did the fans accept him so early?

To me, it's all about the presentation.
Finn has the Demon King persona. He has had a good character development in NXT. He's a good wrestler and has a cool entrance. When the WWE presents someone well, they could turn shit into gold if they want.
Reigns was just left behind. Same music as the Shield, same attire, shit persona on screen at the time. No other traits to get us behind him, really.

But still, that doesn't fully answer this question. Wouldn't Balor need more? It seems to me that because he has a cool entrance, the management wants him as a top dog. I'm not taking anything away from Finn here. He's a damn good perfomer. But so is Owens and so is Reigns at this point.

But it really makes me think, Balor got a world title in one month time, if we count NXT as a developmental. I think this is the fastest world title win in history. Hogan's win in 1984 must have been faster though.

Maybe wrestling outside the WWE just got very mainstream and a guy like Balor came in having already paid his dues all around the world, when a guy like Reigns hasn't. Maybe it was the fans resisting the machine of the E, and forcing the machine of wrestling onto the WWE. Because, Balor winning the world title in one month, means that WWE acknowledges his previous career and they also acknowledge NXT as a top brand and so do the fans.

I'd like to hear opinions on this, because I think it's a subject that should be discussed on the same magnitude the Reigns Rumble win was.

I know Aquaman will be here soon with a vehement no and go on a tirade about how WWE pushes its wrestlers and the whole "NXT bias" bit. :p

One question to ask above anything else is if Balor will even be back in time for WrestleMania. He successfully underwent the surgery earlier this week and now it's all down to how he heals and how the physical therapy goes.

As to whether or not he will be inserted, I don't think it'll be that soon. Balor's damn entertaining in the ring and while it wasn't his fault he got hurt, he still did wind up getting hurt and WWE has had to rearrange a number of plans it had in place. They took a chance on Balor and they got burned, so I think they'll wait to see how Balor does for a while once he's back.

As to whether or not he should be, I'm leaning towards no right now because WWE officials have to have doubts as to whether his shoulder will be back to 100% and the only way to determine how it does is with time and work. Putting Balor into the title match for WrestleMania may very well be too soon. If he'll be out the full 6 months as expected, then he'll make his return in late February and WrestleMania will only be about another 5 weeks or so after that. I'm guessing, and that's all it is, that the Royal Rumble winner next year will have his choice of going after either the World or Universal Championship and if it's the latter, then shoehorning Balor into the match does sort of defeat the whole purpose of the Royal Rumble itself.

To be perfectly honest, I'd be content with Balor having a strong run as Cruiserweight Champion before heading back into the main event picture and that'll definitely be a good way of showing how well the shoulder is holding up.

Yup rollins should win the title on RAW and hold it until mania to fight balor for there anticipated rematch. Wrestlemania main event anyone?

I know Aquaman will be here soon with a vehement no and go on a tirade about how WWE pushes its wrestlers and the whole "NXT bias" bit. :p

One question to ask above anything else is if Balor will even be back in time for WrestleMania. He successfully underwent the surgery earlier this week and now it's all down to how he heals and how the physical therapy goes.

As to whether or not he will be inserted, I don't think it'll be that soon. Balor's damn entertaining in the ring and while it wasn't his fault he got hurt, he still did wind up getting hurt and WWE has had to rearrange a number of plans it had in place. They took a chance on Balor and they got burned, so I think they'll wait to see how Balor does for a while once he's back.

As to whether or not he should be, I'm leaning towards no right now because WWE officials have to have doubts as to whether his shoulder will be back to 100% and the only way to determine how it does is with time and work. Putting Balor into the title match for WrestleMania may very well be too soon. If he'll be out the full 6 months as expected, then he'll make his return in late February and WrestleMania will only be about another 5 weeks or so after that. I'm guessing, and that's all it is, that the Royal Rumble winner next year will have his choice of going after either the World or Universal Championship and if it's the latter, then shoehorning Balor into the match does sort of defeat the whole purpose of the Royal Rumble itself.

To be perfectly honest, I'd be content with Balor having a strong run as Cruiserweight Champion before heading back into the main event picture and that'll definitely be a good way of showing how well the shoulder is holding up.

Evrything you said sounds right except the last part. Balor in the Cruiserweight Championship picture? Maaan that's like career suicide. The Demon has to stay away from that division and Balor himself. No one will take him seriously afterwards and he will suffer from "Rey Mysterio syndrome".

I believe the answer will probably be Yes to both. Finn Balor is pretty much the new Daniel Bryan with a huge following. If I were the booking agents I would have Balor win the Rumble and face Rollins at Mania for the Title.

Mania Card could be.....

The Rock vs. Brock Lesnar (Main Event)
Seth Rollins vs. Finn Balor (Universal Title)
AJ Styles vs. Nakamura (WWE Title)
John Cena vs. The Undertaker
Roman Reigns vs. Samoa Joe
Sasha Banks vs. Bailey (Women's Title)
Charlotte vs. Trish Stratus (Special Diva's Match)
US Title Ladder Match - Rusev, Owens, Zayn, Cesaro, Kingston, Woods, & Jericho
Bray Wyatt vs. Dolph Zigger (I-C Title)
Dean Ambrose vs. Randy Orton

Pre-Show
Andre Battle Royal (Everyone else)
Cruiserweight Title Match
Smackdown Ladies Title Match

Finn Balor Fergal Devitt has to improve his in ring skills he is no Rey Mysterio jr or Amazing Red either. His match with Seth Rollins who helped him carry the match and Seth should have won now with the injury Fergal suffered at the hands of Seth Rollins he should win the Universal Title

No and no. WWE should focus right now on the guys they have. This six monthish injury is cutting it too close to even consider him winning the Rumble or inserting him in a Universal Title match. Nothing against Balor but seven months out from Mania with this type of injury doesn't leave much room for error.

I forgot for what I voted for in the poll but It's a double no from my side.

He might be back at Royal Rumble from the injury but I would rather give him a grudge feud based on Royal Rumble instead of the title match. There's no need to hotshot him again straight to title match.

He could/should be back into title picture by Summerslam 2017 but Wrestlemania 33, Nah.

If I was wwe, I would wait until the day after wrestlemania to bring him back. The fact is at best, were looking at fast lane as a return date for balor and we already being way into the build up for wrestlemania and he will be lost in the shuffle if he return in February. I would rather then bàlor takes times to really recover from his injury and miss wrestlemania then come back too early and risk to get injured again because he want to be on wrestlemania.

I dig Finn Balor. But his journey back into the title picture should be longer than simply arriving at the Royal Rumble and winning to be #1 contender. I want him to try a few times to win without the demon. Then finally realize he needs it to win. Make a story out of that.

Evrything you said sounds right except the last part. Balor in the Cruiserweight Championship picture? Maaan that's like career suicide. The Demon has to stay away from that division and Balor himself. No one will take him seriously afterwards and he will suffer from "Rey Mysterio syndrome".

why wouldn't he be taken seriously if he won the cruiserweight title, if you remember correctly, that's how rey mysterio started getting notice in WWE by being the cruiserweight champion, and he climb up after that to win multiple titles on the heavyweights side so in my perspective, i think that the idea of having bàlor get a good cruiserweight title run when he comes back is a good idea because that's style of wrestling is harder on the body then the heavyweights style so if he'S able to stay healthy and get a good cruiserweight title run then when he finally drop the title, it would serve 2 purpose, first i would instantly make whoever beat him for the title a bigger star and secondly it would help finn start his climb to the universal title.

Patience isn't something that today'S fan actually have, they want everything to happen fast and get the payoff as soon as possible but in this case, i'm thinking that a long build were we see finn start from the bottom of the raw roster and climb the ladder throughout the year to get to the universal title would benefit him more than to just throw him right back into the title picture right away, but that's just my opinion.

why wouldn't he be taken seriously if he won the cruiserweight title, if you remember correctly, that's how rey mysterio started getting notice in WWE by being the cruiserweight champion, and he climb up after that to win multiple titles on the heavyweights side so in my perspective, i think that the idea of having bàlor get a good cruiserweight title run when he comes back is a good idea because that's style of wrestling is harder on the body then the heavyweights style so if he'S able to stay healthy and get a good cruiserweight title run then when he finally drop the title, it would serve 2 purpose, first i would instantly make whoever beat him for the title a bigger star and secondly it would help finn start his climb to the universal title.

Patience isn't something that today'S fan actually have, they want everything to happen fast and get the payoff as soon as possible but in this case, i'm thinking that a long build were we see finn start from the bottom of the raw roster and climb the ladder throughout the year to get to the universal title would benefit him more than to just throw him right back into the title picture right away, but that's just my opinion.

Rey Mysterio climbed the ladder with it?

The only ladder Rey Mysterio climbed was the Eddie Guerrero ladder. I'm not taking anything away from Rey and I think that he was worthy of a world title run, but the booking he received afterwards was attrocious. He lost every non-title match he was in. Do you know why? Because he went from the term Cruiserweight to the term Heavyweight. WWE knew it and the fans knew it.

The Cruiserweight division shouldn't include guys that have the ability to become stars, but rather guys who wouldn't do anything in terms of a title run, but deserve the recognition of a title, the Cruiserweight title.

You want Balor to start from the bottom? Cool, that's why there is the US Championship.

I dig Finn Balor. But his journey back into the title picture should be longer than simply arriving at the Royal Rumble and winning to be #1 contender. I want him to try a few times to win without the demon. Then finally realize he needs it to win. Make a story out of that.

That is a cool idea actually. The heels can use that. "You only win because of the Demon! You are nothing without it!"

Yup rollins should win the title on RAW and hold it until mania to fight balor for there anticipated rematch. Wrestlemania main event anyone?

Probably not main event I kind of feel a bigger match will headline the show. That said if there is no other hot angle for the title match leading to WM I can see Balor/Rollins being the RAW Championship Match at WM.

There's already a per-built angle for Balor/Rollins. So, even if the title is won't be on the line, Balor/Rollins could still be one of the WM matches. Also since WM will be at Florida, NXT being from there, Balor is going to get the fan support during the event.

If my timeline is right Balor would be back by Feb but if he can heal faster than that then he can probably be involved in the build up to the rumble. And even if he's not 100% he can probably still compete at the Rumble the same way Edge did.

That is a cool idea actually. The heels can use that. "You only win because of the Demon! You are nothing without it!"

Regardless if Balor is involved at the title at WM. Balor needs to be the Demon at WM. WM is all about presentation and the Demon gimmick is always a spectacle in terms of entrances.

It's not patience on the part of fans, Balor started out his main roster run by actually winning the biggest title on the show, so why should he go back down to the bottom of the ladder.

This isn't some new kid they just pinched off the street, this guy has served his time in the indies and NXT. I just don't see that because of an injury he's all of a sudden out of the main event picture. Reigns, Rollins and others have stayed around the main event even when they were injured, so I just don't understand this line of thinking.

Putting him at the bottom of the ladder hurts those guys already on the ladder. Look at it this way, Balor started out by winning the title when other's like Zayn, Owens, Reigns, Cesaro and Rusev could have laid claim to having a shot at it first. Balor got injured and had to drop the title, so now he goes to the bottom, and then by way of your suggestion manages to climb over the same guys he leapfrogged over before. Either he's main event material or he isn't. Sheamus can do up and down the card cause no one really cares about him anymore, they do care about Balor though.

At Summerslam Finn Balor shocked the world when he became the first ever WWE Universal Champion. And it seems like this wasn't going to be some short title reign in order to please the fans. Recent reports say that Finn Balor was supposed to face Owens at Clash of Champions and then defend in a triple threat Hell in a Cell match at the HIAC PPV against Owens and Jericho.
It looks to me that Vince was heavily behind Balor and he was ready to hand him the keys of RAW.

Finn is out with an injury and he is scheduled to return in 6 months time, which will be around the Road to Wrestlemania. During his promo he said that the first thing he's coming for is the Universal Championship. So, do you think there's a chance of Finn returning as a big babyface and goes on to Wrestlemania to challenge for the belt?

There has also been speculations, although I take those with a grain of salt, that Vince has Irish heritage and that he always wanted a big Irish face to run his company. Also the success Connor McGregor has in UFC as an Irish, could Vince in pushing Balor more.

However, there was a certain someone a while back, named Daniel Bryan who beat John Cena clean at Summerslam, was over as hell, but the company refused to have him headline Wrestlemania. Sometimes Vince just treats his baby, Wrestlemania, a lot different than the rest of his PPVs.

Question #1: Will Finn Balor headline Wrestlemania in a match for the Universal Championship?

Now onto the "should he" part. When Roman Reigns went on to win the 2014 Royal Rumble as was deemed as the one to beat the one in twenty one and one, fans went ballistic. A huge controversy broke out about how Reigns wasn't ready to be in that spot, about how he wasn't good on the mic, or in the ring (although he put on great matches against Bryan and Lesnar). So, what really makes a superstar worthy of being a main eventer? Balor isn't great on the mic either. He's a great wrestler, though.

Also in Reigns' case it was more about bad timing and bias from the fans. Bad timing due to Bryan's return, who still got treated like shiet after being eliminated from the Rumble early (although that was a good storytelling decision). Then bias because fans, after everything they went through with Batista, the 10 years of Cena.. they just didn't want someone to be the guy, just because he's muscular. And the fact that Reigns was muscular backfired. I believe that even if Reigns was muscular but a great in ring performer, fans would still boo him for some reason.

Reigns also fell victim of bad booking and bad character development. And the bias boos that surfaced at Wrestlemania just kept going on, and they will never stop, no matter what Reigns does.
Finn on the other hand, has had great booking and also an interesting persona.

So comparing Reigns to Balor, or Balor to any other wrestler, why does Balor get a free pass from the fans, even though he's been with the main roster for one month?

Why should Finn Balor headline Wrestlemania, if he does, and why did the fans accept him so early?

To me, it's all about the presentation.
Finn has the Demon King persona. He has had a good character development in NXT. He's a good wrestler and has a cool entrance. When the WWE presents someone well, they could turn shit into gold if they want.
Reigns was just left behind. Same music as the Shield, same attire, shit persona on screen at the time. No other traits to get us behind him, really.

But still, that doesn't fully answer this question. Wouldn't Balor need more? It seems to me that because he has a cool entrance, the management wants him as a top dog. I'm not taking anything away from Finn here. He's a damn good perfomer. But so is Owens and so is Reigns at this point.

But it really makes me think, Balor got a world title in one month time, if we count NXT as a developmental. I think this is the fastest world title win in history. Hogan's win in 1984 must have been faster though.

Maybe wrestling outside the WWE just got very mainstream and a guy like Balor came in having already paid his dues all around the world, when a guy like Reigns hasn't. Maybe it was the fans resisting the machine of the E, and forcing the machine of wrestling onto the WWE. Because, Balor winning the world title in one month, means that WWE acknowledges his previous career and they also acknowledge NXT as a top brand and so do the fans.

I'd like to hear opinions on this, because I think it's a subject that should be discussed on the same magnitude the Reigns Rumble win was.

I don't think he'll be back in time for WrestleMania. It would be cool to see him return at MITB in the MITB Briefcase match or feud with Seth when he returns and be in the Universal Championship match at Summerslam.

I believe the answer will probably be Yes to both. Finn Balor is pretty much the new Daniel Bryan with a huge following. If I were the booking agents I would have Balor win the Rumble and face Rollins at Mania for the Title.

Mania Card could be.....

The Rock vs. Brock Lesnar (Main Event)
Seth Rollins vs. Finn Balor (Universal Title)
AJ Styles vs. Nakamura (WWE Title)
John Cena vs. The Undertaker
Roman Reigns vs. Samoa Joe
Sasha Banks vs. Bailey (Women's Title)
Charlotte vs. Trish Stratus (Special Diva's Match)
US Title Ladder Match - Rusev, Owens, Zayn, Cesaro, Kingston, Woods, & Jericho
Bray Wyatt vs. Dolph Zigger (I-C Title)
Dean Ambrose vs. Randy Orton

Pre-Show
Andre Battle Royal (Everyone else)
Cruiserweight Title Match
Smackdown Ladies Title Match

I doubt The Rock would get cleared to face Brock at WrestleMania. Balor supposed to be out for 8-9 months which would make him miss WrestleMania.

I doubt Nakamara would get a title shot so soon. I could see Styles facing Orton.

Joe vs. Reigns would be interesting but I see Joe on SDL. I think we'll probably have Reigns vs. undefeated Strowman.

I think both women's matches will be multi-woman matches. No tag title matches?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back