• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Will Farve Retire

Mr. TM

Throwing a tantrum
Is it the end of a dynasty?... Again.

Brett Farve is one of the best quarterbacks in the history of the NFL, hoever, he has been getting old and needs to retire. Sound like 5 years ago? Same story, and he would go on to retire. Then came back. Then retired. Then came back. Tonight he lost in the NFC championships after blowing the final play of the Vikings offense.

He is still undercontract for another year, will he come back, or will he finally retire? If he does retire, will he retun once again a year later?

It will likely be more of the same flip-flopping that we've seen in the past. It's been he'll retire, then change his mind shortly thereafter and come back.

He did that with the Jets last season and the Vikings this season.

I honestly cannot say. I really have NO idea, and I don't think anyone else can really make an educated decision on the matter. Furthermore, he doesn't even know.

His numbers suggest that he should not retire. If it wasn't for Peyton Manning, this guy is MVP of the National Football League...at 40...without doing training camp...in his first year with a team. Come back.

BRET FARVE WILL NEVAH RETAAAAAAAAH!!!!

Nah, I dont know man. Probably not. I just cant see him retiring after pretty much losing the game for them. He had a fantastic season, possibly his best ever. So, he still has it. My guess? a long vacation, returns a week before the season, and they make another run at it. Probably wont make it. It will play out as a better swan song though, hopefully.

I've been a Favre fan for years, and last night was tough to watch. I took Favre's side against the Packers for a very simple reason: that year they lost to the giants they were 13-3 and the youngest team in the league, the year b4 that 8-8, and the year b4 that 3-13. He was their leader and deserved the opportunity (as well as his teammates) to come back and make another run at it. What people have to remember is that it takes years for an NFL team to develop especially one as young as Green Bay was. Aarron Rodgers has shown to have all the potential in the world, first showing it against the Cowboys that year when Favre got hurt, but they should have waited just one more year to make the switch cuz its hardly ever the case that a team just wins the championship with out having some disappointments in the playoffs.

Now history has repeated its self. Favre is now in the same position has he was with Green Bay after that lost to the Giants. One throw away. I hope he thinks of his team mates when he makes his decision because with him back they could easily make another run at it. I'ld just hate to see the Vikings suffer the same fate as Green Bay the year they replaced him and fall to 6-10. Sure there were a lot of mistakes made in that game, fumbles, 12 men on the field, missing a golden opportunity for an interception in OT, and two very bad ref calls (first being the non whistle when Favre threw his 1st INT even though the defender hit him low, yet I remember Brady getting that call during the season even though the guy BARELY touched him and second the crappy pass interfernce call in OT) but that's what happens with inexperienced teams. You have to fall before you can fly. I hope Favre knows that and gives it one more shot!

If not then we should always remember Favre as the following verbs: Courageous, Brilliant, Catastrophic, and win or lose he sure is ENTERTAINING!

For the Vikings sake, he better not.

However, just judging from his interviews as of late, and the beating he took Sunday, I think right now Favre probably has it in his mind that he's going to retire.

But, I think Minnesota will do and offer everything they can to make sure he doesn't. Favre proved how valuable he was to this team all year long, and that a GREAT quarterback is the key for THIS team to make it all the way. And Brett Favre's the only GREAT quarterback they can get, as of right now, so I have a feeling that the Vikes will end up making an offer to Favre that he just can't refuse.

So yeah... while Favre probably wants to hang it up right now, I don't see it happening due to Minnesota desperateness to win a Super Bowl.

He got his ass beat Sunday. It's been a long time since i've seen a quarterback take those kind of hits and still be able to walk. For his health's sake, I hope he retires. There's always that chance that one big hit, and boom. That's it. Brett Favre has always been my favorite quarterback of all time, and he always will be. I'd like to see him come back and give it one more shot, but I don't know if he has it in him mentally and physically. Maybe take a year off, then come back. Those injuries have to be catching up with him.

If they aren't catching up with him now, in a few years down the road, they will be, guaranteed. Injuries may not hamper you in the short term, but in the long term they definitely have a way of catching right up with you.

I'd hate to see how he'll end up 5-10 years after his career is over if he comes back for the 2010 season and ends up the way he did on Sunday. The shots he took on Sunday were flat out brutal.

Brett Favre proved this year that at the tender age of 40 he can still play the game of football. He had the best year of his career statistically. Plus the goal was to get to the Super Bowl you say he blew the last play I saw the whole team blew it turning the ball over so many times like they did. Favre has a year left on his contract he should play that out. Favre can still play so he should.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back