Why I WILL be voting for D Double...

How is that any more homophobic than Coco and others making jokes about Dagger sucking dick, calling him a f**gger, or any of that? it is entirely hypocritical to attack Dagger as being homophobic all the while using gay slurs and insinuating that Dagger takes things up the ass, etc. Pot, say hello to the fucking kettle.

Bolded the part where you answer your own question.
Dagger is a homophobe, something you apparently endorse. I was taking the piss before when I posted about how Dagger could endorse the holocaust as you guys would still support him, but it seems I was closer to the mark that I thought.

I didn't say I endorsed his position. Reading comprehension. Learn it. I was saying that you, Coco, and a lot of other people are also homophobic. If racist jokes are racist, then gay jokes are homophobic. I just find the hypocrisy incredibly amusing. Dagger is a hothead, yet has kept his cool while his attackers go on numerous rants. Dagger is a homophobe, while his attackers call him all kinds of gay slurs. I don't give a shit if his son is gay or not, don't care if you, Coco, Crock, or anyone else is gay...this is a fucking wrestling board election...who gives a shit? Dagger says something that could be deemed offensive, everyone jumps on him. Anyone else, especially those doing the attacking says anything offensive, well they were just joking, so it must be okay then. Okay when you do it, worst thing ever when Dagger does it. What a bunch of two-faced hypocrites.

Thank you for that and teaching an old dog a new trick - I never realised that there was a link to threads with many quotes (I actually thought the arrow was a link to the poster's profile).

It's been raised, so lets address the new elephant in the room. This is the only post that Dagger posted in the thread:

I do try to be open about all types of lifestyle choices, and have no major problem with gays. However it would be different if I was raising a son who made that decision. There's a difference between being tolerant and what you allow in your house. That lifestyle goes against my personal and religious beliefs. I would be very uncomfortable with it, especially given how my family is obsessed with gender roles and what's considered "manly". I would perceive it as me failing as both a father and a man if my son in this scenario ended up being gay. Granted once he is over 18 and has moved out on his own he can make any choice he wants, but as long as he would be under my roof I would not tolerate such a lifestyle in my house. Call me oldschool or any other term all you want, but this is what I believe and I do not compromise on my beliefs. It would be a much tougher issue for men to accept than women and there certainly is a difference in how they would deal with this scenario due to the intense pressure on men having to be "manly" whereas a mother is more likely to have an easier time loving everything about her child no matter what choices the child makes.

The argument of 'nature versus nurture' in regards to homosexuality has run for many years and there has never been a definitive answer. 'Nurture' proponents point to the statistics of homosexuality being higher in middle/ upper classes and developed countries, whilst those who believe 'nature' will counter that oppression and repression is the real reason behind the descrepency. Add to this, religious teachings and regional (the stereotypical 'North/ South' divide in the US for example) and the grounds for describing anybody a 'homophobe' can be very subjective.

The only part of Dagger's post that I can see anyone having an issue with is that he feels that he would be a failure as a parent if his son grew up to be homosexual whilst under his direct influence. He does not blame his theoretical offspring here - he takes the responsibility himself; and he expresses no judgement on his son on the decisions he makes once he leaves home.

Fire homophobe slandering all you want, but the fact of this is that it is a grey area and no more cut and dried than any dispute amongst religions.

One final point, the homosexual comments that have made has been described as 'jokes'. This is every bit as offensive as using reverse (or direct) racial, gender or disability slurs. Defending it and then trying to paint someone to be what you have just defended is hypocrisy of the highest level.

Nope, but if I hadn't addressed the issues that JGlass's thread was raising, I'd have been called on that.
Well you did that while raising no points on why anyone should vote FOR Dagger. Unless they've been with ABC since day one and are doing it out of "loyalty."

Is it sacrilege to suggest that a newbie might have good ideas? Dagger won a contested election in the largest party of this election, I'd say he has the ability.
Newbies have plenty of good ideas. Example: GSB is a newbie with the good sense to vote for me. But Dagger is neither a fresh face nor somebody who's got fresh, quality ideas.

So you don't respect any of my party? Fair enough, say what you will but we operated an open honest and democratic election, were there was doubt as to who would win through and a number of viable candidates. Rather than a party and ethos built around one guy.
So every member of the DFP isn't voting Coco? :lmao: Please! Yes, a mod is being elected and as much as you like to play Nostradamus, you cannot state he will not be a good mod.
If a party has strong foundations and has great supporters like LSN, Sally and Mitch (to name three), why is supporting the candidate who fairly earns the right to represent us selfish status enhancement - surely that would be more the case if you created a party in your own image?
Yes, most people in the DFP will vote for me and have been leaning that way since day one. What's the problem with that? This whole thing has been about electing the best man for the job. What's wrong with that fact that many people saw from day one that of anyone in any party, I was the most worthy of a bold name? What's wrong with building a party around the man who's unquestionably most deserving of victory? That seems like a far better reason to vote for somebody than sticking it out with a party who elected a clearly inferior candidate because you fear being seen as disloyal. Remember: We're not electing a party, we're electing a mod. Although I doubt you're going to wake up and see the distinction.

I've no issue saying you are deserving of being spam mod. I don't think you deserve to win this election. I'll say it again: with your backers, you'd have no problem getting the post anyway which makes the election mute asides from a possible ego buffing exercise.
This is an election, not a soup kitchen. We're not handing out charity.

Plus, your party and supporters have ran a very dirty campaign were your name doesn't get mentioned at all in many threads by BFPers and they exist just to slander and that even predates Dagger's election.
Go ask the best posters here why they're voting for me. I think you'll find they all have great answers outside of a universal recognition that Dagger is terrible at everything.

Actually, I think he would make a good mod but I don't think he makes a good candidate. Two different things. Coco is actually a terrible candidate because he would have been a mod in waiting without the election and the idea behind this election is to chose someone who the Board might not have considered AT THIS MOMENT (for all of the guys who keep misinterpreting what I'm saying as DD would never become a mod if he lost this election).
The idea behind this election is to choose a good mod, not to stick it to the mods by upsetting the status quo. Grow up and smell the coffee. Being the best man for the job makes me an exemplary candidate.

I didn't say I endorsed his position. Reading comprehension. Learn it. I was saying that you, Coco, and a lot of other people are also homophobic. If racist jokes are racist, then gay jokes are homophobic. I just find the hypocrisy incredibly amusing. Dagger is a hothead, yet has kept his cool while his attackers go on numerous rants. Dagger is a homophobe, while his attackers call him all kinds of gay slurs. I don't give a shit if his son is gay or not, don't care if you, Coco, Crock, or anyone else is gay...this is a fucking wrestling board election...who gives a shit? Dagger says something that could be deemed offensive, everyone jumps on him. Anyone else, especially those doing the attacking says anything offensive, well they were just joking, so it must be okay then. Okay when you do it, worst thing ever when Dagger does it. What a bunch of two-faced hypocrites.
Is one of the tenants of the ABC Party not being able to take a joke? Wouldn't surprise me considering it's the brainchild of hatehabsforever.

The only part of Dagger's post that I can see anyone having an issue with is that he feels that he would be a failure as a parent if his son grew up to be homosexual whilst under his direct influence. He does not blame his theoretical offspring here - he takes the responsibility himself; and he expresses no judgement on his son on the decisions he makes once he leaves home.
Ho. Lee. Shit.

One final point, the homosexual comments that have made has been described as 'jokes'. This is every bit as offensive as using reverse (or direct) racial, gender or disability slurs. Defending it and then trying to paint someone to be what you have just defended is hypocrisy of the highest level.
I have gay friends. I joke about gays all the time around them, normally to take the piss out of heterosexuals. They have a better sense of humour about it than you. The question: What's up your ass? Do you think your hyper-PC hysteria that throws good-natured fun in with vile people like Dagger who would refuse to accept their own flesh and blood as they are is really on the money? If you do, you're not far off from being the holocaust denier than Gelgarin painted you as. There's a huge distinction to be made between myself and Dagger and to pretend it doesn't exist shows the extend of your inability to acknowledge the legitimacy of the criticism Dagger's being subjected to.

Homophobia- unreasoning fear of or antipathy toward homosexuals and homosexuality.

Racist jokes are racist, gay jokes are NOT homophobic, they're insensitive to homosexuals. Being insensitive to homosexuals and fearing homosexuality to the point of demeaning your own child are absolutely not the same thing.

I've never heard anything from Coco to believe that he's homophobic. Dagger? Not so much.

Racist jokes are racist, gay jokes are NOT homophobic, they're insensitive to homosexuals. Being insensitive to homosexuals and fearing homosexuality to the point of demeaning your own child are absolutely not the same thing.

I've never heard anything from Coco to believe that he's homophobic. Dagger? Not so much.
fbz_0f5868d77244d37ee17a23b88b6066f5.jpg

Sure, we could get bogged down in a pointless argument about semantics and what jokes are or aren't offensive. Or we could admit that the guy who wouldn't let his son be true to himself is the bad guy here. I'm going the latter.

Sure, we could get bogged down in a pointless argument about semantics and what jokes are or aren't offensive. Or we could admit that the guy who wouldn't let his son be true to himself is the bad guy here. I'm going the latter.

Come on, Coco, we're the real bad guys here.

In other words, you understand the fundamental hypocrisy involved and choose to avoid the issue. Good to know.

LJL, a member of your party, doesn't seem to see it. Maybe you should get some talking points that don't suck.

By the standards LJL laid out, Dagger isn't any more of a homophobe than you are. He didn't DO anything. All he did was say something. No different than your constant stream of gay jokes and slurs. If words make you prejudiced, than your words make you just as prejudiced as Dagger. Again, you, Gelgarin, and everyone else attacking Dagger on his comments need to be introduced to Mr. Pot and Mr. Kettle. Hell, I will even call myself out. I have made gay jokes too...but then again, I haven't made a large portion of my criticism of either you or Crock based on any specific gay comments you have made, since it has nothing to do with the ability to mod...I don't even care about the jokes themselves...its the hypocrisy. Its like a politician blasting his opponent for taking money from special interest groups immediately after cashing a large campaign donation from special interest groups himself.

Anyhow, we've given you plenty of reason to doubt Dagger's ability to mod. I see no problem with using yet another character flaw as the cherry on top.

Dagger would do something.

I wouldn't.

He's still worse than I am.

Completely speculative and 100% unprovable. You have no way of knowing what Dagger might or might not do in reality. Unless you aresaying that you want everything you say on a wrestling forum to be treated as a legitimate insight into your personality. I am sure you have NEVER said anything that shouldn't be treated as fact, right?

Sure, I've said plenty that shouldn't be taken as fact. But I was being facetious. He wasn't. Why should I give him the benefit of the doubt?

Isn't it a little bit silly to label Dagger as a homophobe because of one comment made in one thread about six months ago. While I personally don't agree with his comment, it's irrelevant to the discussion at hand here, that being whether or not Dagger would make a good moderator. This is nothing more than a smoke and mirrors tactic from Coco and his very vocal minority. Throw enough negativity out there, wait for the vocal few to chime in, and exploit the fallout. A very sound election strategy actually, I have to give credit to Coco for his intelligence and his ability to campaign creatively. To think he suggested I was the one doling out the KoolAid earlier when in actuality, he's the master manipulator here. And he'll see great results from his approach: a solid second place finish in the election.

Davi, you've lost yourself into something beyond your understanding. And I'm afraid you are trying to drag everything else down with it so that maybe people will stop talking about how under-qualified Dagger is for the mod spot. First of all, just how often do you see gay jokes get made by anyone you've mentioned? I can really only think of ones made that were also self-depreciating. Secondly, Dagger claiming to be willing to treat his child like a mutant is sickening, more than any joke made on here is.

Isn't it a little bit silly to label Dagger as a homophobe because of one comment made in one thread about six months ago. While I personally don't agree with his comment, it's irrelevant to the discussion at hand here, that being whether or not Dagger would make a good moderator. This is nothing more than a smoke and mirrors tactic from Coco and his very vocal minority. Throw enough negativity out there, wait for the vocal few to chime in, and exploit the fallout. A very sound election strategy actually, I have to give credit to Coco for his intelligence and his ability to campaign creatively. To think he suggested I was the one doling out the KoolAid earlier when in actuality, he's the master manipulator here. And he'll see great results from his approach: a solid second place finish in the election.
We've given plenty of reasons why Dagger shouldn't be a mod. If people would rather pay attention to this than those, so be it. As for Koolaid doling, you're the one herding cattle towards a result that's detrimental to the forum just to say you won one. The fact that all you can do to support your man is play the victim and talk about the supposed manipulation I'm doing speaks to what little substance is on your side of the debate.

I hate to speak for everyone, but I reckon there's not one truly informed person on this board who's going to be treating you with the slightest bit of deference after this election. You've thrown away just about any credibility you have on here all because you're too headstrong and prideful to abandon something that's become wrong for the forum.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back