Who will win a Smackdown world title first?

Smackdown next world title winner

• John Morrison

• Drew McIntyre

• R Truth

• Other

Results are only viewable after voting.

straightedge martyr

The Chosen One
Ok, so i already made a poll like this for raw, so i want to see how it would go on Smackdown.

So out of the people on smackdown that have never won a world title, who do you think will win one first. personally i think the obvious choice is john morrison, but i want to know what you all think.

Then again, McIntyre is meant to be a future world champion. if morrison becomes part of another feud outside of the world title, i can see Drew winning it. his new entrence seems to suggest a push. so maybe...

So what do you think.

I think drew will win the world title first after wrestlemania, lets face it Vince bums off big guys and he has already labled him as a world champ.
I think drew is good, but he doesnt deserve it yet, i think it SHOULD go to Morrison as he has worked very hard for several years and is one of the best in ring workers i have ever seen, but vince hates the high flying type and loves the big strong guys so i would defo say drew

I would say Morrison because Drew is tied down right now and Morrison might be turning heel soon and I think he's better heel.

Im going for the upset and i think R-Truth could be the first time cahmpion before JoMo and Drew.You must be thinking WHY? Well because as of lately JoMo hasnt been doing nothing great Yeah he is in the EC match but,He hasnt done anything impresive as of lately.

Drew is still the IC Champion and even if i want Kane to beat him for the championship this week,I know he wont so Drew will still be the Champion past EC PPV.So i think Drew will still be the Champ for a few months.And day by day my hopes for Drew to become a main eventer it just keeps going down.

R-truth i think Truth has been stepping up as of lately.I think he will be the champion before JoMo and Drew,Because his ring work is fantastic he knows how to put on a good match,Before Edge had Made his Return he was starting a mini feud with Jericho and im sure a few month after WrestleMania Truth will have a major Feud with Y2J,And we all know that if you start to feud with Y2J this mean that you are ready to Dance with the big guys.And if you Feud with Y2J this might take you to the top.So i say Truth becomes heavyweight champion by the end of Fall.

Well my it all depends on if Morrison stays face or turn heel. I say this because he is better on the mic when he is talking trash to a another supestar and when he is talking trash to the WWE fans (I hate being called the WWE universe). If not I say R truth because he is not as young as everybody else so that means he will most likely retire faster then Morrison and all the other younger superstars. I personally like R Truth he gots some wins over CM Punk and Chris Jericho former world champions so if morrison doesn't turn heel or wins he wins the world championship he turns heel I see R truth winning it first.

R-Truth will never win the World Title, despite his ability to work the mic, the crowd, and amaze at times within the ring. Hes too old. Heck, they wouldnt even push the button with him back in late 08, when he was feuding w Shelton for the US title. He could be an upper mid-carder at most at this stage in his career.

Im going to have to go with Morrison. He just had a DVD released, which usually means good things for those who do is in their future. Hes beaten everyone in one on one matches on Smackdown except the Undertaker and Batista, but hes never faced either. His mic skills, while still in need of work, are improving, and hes done everything in the mid-card one can do. Hes a 5 time tag champ(3 with Mercury, 2 with Miz), a 3 time Intercontinental Champ(2 on Raw, 1 on Smackdown), and a former ECW champ. Theres simply not much more the guy can do in the mid-tier titlewise.

As for Drew McIntyre, I still see him as being very green within the ring. This is his second stint on Smackdown, as he was up briefly in 2008. Blink, and you missed it. He was a strict brawler back then, and while hes improved some in the ring, and a good bit on the mic, hes still not close to being over enough to win a World Title. I know Vince labeled him as "The Chosen One", but I think that was more to get him over as a heel rather then for them to actually push the button on him winning the title. I think hes still got at least a year or so to go before hes considered a legitimate threat. I voted for Morrison.

I'm going to have to go with John Morrison here, hands down actually. He has been the rising star of Smackdown and he seems to just keep getting better. Morrison isn't far from being the "complete article" when it comes to what a main event wrestler should be, i.e. he almost has it all....charm, charisma, good mic skills and he's an amazing performer in the ring.

I know Drew McIntyre and Sheamus were both pushed around the same time. I like Sheamus, but I'm not such a fan of McIntyre. His mic skills still need a lot of refining (he looked very shaky against Morrison on the mic a few weeks ago), he's kind of flat to watch in the ring and his character simply hasn't captivated me enough to make me hate him (or even remotely dislike him) as a heel. Maybe in a few years, McIntyre will be a main eventer, but for the love of god, not now, please? He's a decent Intercontinental Champion and it's good to see another non-American wrestler being pushed, but it's too early for Drew.

As for R-Truth, he's alright, but I wouldn't call him world championship material. Intercontinental, certainly. He's not as young as McIntyre or Morrison and I don't see him ever being pushed that far.

Morrison. Even though McIntyre seems to be on the fast track to a world title and will get one in shorter time then it took Morrison, John will win the big one first. It really seems like they are setting up for it and I can see it happening at Summerslam. The way the have been covering his injury I had almost thought that they were setting up a swerve and would ave him win at EC. Then I used common sense and decided they wouldn't have him as their World Heavyweight Champion going into Wrestlemania. It will be soon though.

Nothing against the man, but I don't see Truth ever winning the big one. He's entertaining enough, but he's what like 44 years old? He's not going to be a big time player for very long. He does the job he's been doing just fine anyway. He hypes the crowd and puts on good matches pretty regularly, no need to change it now witht he stage he's at.

I'll go w/ John morrison w/ this one because of the following reasons:
-he has the look of a champion. His physique goes well w/ his wrestling style.
-he gets reaction from the fans either as heel or face.
-Among the three his the one that you would take seriously because you see drew mcintyre is still new and does not yet have that big feud for him to get a rub off and r-truth is just too "gimmicky" from his entrance to moveset. Don't get me wrong I like R-truth but I just don't see him winning the world title w/ his current persona. His case is similar to Kofi IMO.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back