Who will break through at this year's Wrestlemania?

Who's will break through at Wrestlemania 26?

• Shelton Benjamin

• MVP

• Ted Dibiase

• Cody Rhodes

• The Miz

• Jack Swagger

• Kofi Kingston

• Other

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

It's...Baylariat!

Team Finnley Baylor
I believe I started here around Wrestlemania last year... and this was the first thread I ever made.

Last year, my choices were Kennedy, Shelton Benjamin, Matt Hardy, Jack Swagger, and others I can't remember. So I'll do it again.

Every year, a star is born at Wrestlemania. From Stone Cold, to The Rock, to Hulk Hogan, and the list goes on and on. There are plenty of young guns and some of the same people from years past that could stand a chance of breaking into the main event scene. So the question is... who will break through at Wrestlemania 26?

I don't mean to be a prick, but who broke through last year? Or does 25 just not count because it was the most horrible WM in recent history? =P

I want to say Christian... but something inside me says he'll be dangled under that glass ceiling for the rest of his career, sadly. I honestly hope it's R-Truth. I want this WM to take him out of this weird rut he's been in since debuting. Yep. that's what I hope.

My pick is going to be Sheamus. If he can get a win over Triple H, it would be HUGE for him. Defeating HHH at the big show could help solidify his status as a legit main eventer. His controversial win over Cena at TLC will be forgotten, and Sheamus will finally be looked at as one of the top guys on Raw. I think Sheamus will go over HHH because it wouldn't make sense for him to spend all this time endorsing the guy, and then beat him at Mania. Besides, Raw could use some fresh faces in the WWE championship picture.

I don't mean to be a prick, but who broke through last year? Or does 25 just not count because it was the most horrible WM in recent history? =P

You could say Matt Hardy was suppose to break through at last year's Wrestlemania, but just like Shelton Benjamin, he still hasn't grabbed the brass ring. Matt got a pretty decisive win over his very popular brother who was WWE champion a few months before. This win could've done something for Matt, but he wasn't able to gain any momentum from it. He went on to feud with Jeff for a little while longer, and then he went to Raw, and faded away into obscurity. I think he was injured while on Raw, but still he never did anything memorable during his time there. Now he's on Smackdown stuck in the mid card yet again.

It's actually really sad that no one gained a whole lot from what was SUPPOSED to be the best Wrestlemania in recent times. Obviously didn't turn out that way. On top of R-Truth, I'd like to see Sheamus get the win at Wrestlemania and become a serious main eventer that's taken seriously by everyone.

I'm also saying Sheamus. He's wrestling Sheamus, and what little build they've had for it so far has been very good. Between that, and all the backstage news we've heard about HHH taking him under his wing, and HBK having his talk with Sheamus, it seems like he defnitely has support from the locker room. If he beats Triple H, I say he immediately becomes a main stay in the main event scene. And even if he loses, I feel like its a matter of time before he gets built back up into a championship contender.

I think Kofi Kingston and Christian both have great shots at being elevated as well. They get some of the best crowd reactions, and have great in-ring ability and charisma. I mean, Christian way better on the mic, but Kofi has what I call the "in-ring" charisma, where he's able to connect with the fans through his wrestling.

All-in-all, I say this could be a year full of breakouts, what with Taker, HBK, and HHH all reportedly getting set for some time off. And also Batista. He's always getting injured and taking time off, between that, and the fact he's no spring chicken (He's 41, for those who don't know). I feel like maybe main eventing WM26, and this big fued with Cena, the one that I personally have been waiting for since like mid 2005, is sort of like the beginning of the end for Dave. He's a smart man, and has never planned on being a Hogan or Flair or Nash, and keep wrestling forever. I think he's going to take this last hurrah (and huge Mania pay day) and then start to make his way out. Hopefully he'll do the right thing and put over a few young talents on the way out. My understanding is that he actually has always been a fan of Christian, and thinks he's underused. Maybe he might be able to help him out.

I guess I just don't see there being a breakout star at EVERY mania. Last year, no one broke through. Sure, Matt Hardy beat Jeff, but that was more in the confines of a personal feud. CM Punk won MITB again, so they obviously didn't have enough confidence in puting the belt on someone new.

I don't see anyone, besides Christian, really breaking out this year. I think he will win MITB, and become a worlds champion this year. But to me, he isn't really a "breakout" star. He's been around for a long time, and has had a lot of success in TNA and WWF/E.

So, besides him, maybe Ted DiBiase. It seems as though WWE feels he is closer to main event status than Cody, so a good match with Randy, win, lose, or draw, may elevate him a bit. But I don't think he is ready for a Big Title run this year. I just don't see anyone doing it this year who isn't already established.

I guess you could say Sheamus, but I have a feeling his match with HHH is going to be a BOMB! And that won't be HHH's fault, I just don't think Sheamus can wrestle. Period. If he stinks it up at Mania, I doublt he will get another big push. But then again, who knows. JOHN CENA is the face of WWE, and I don't think he can wrestle either. So what do I know.

I think if deserves to get a push at Wrestlemania it's Ted DiBiase. Simply because Ted has pretty much done nothing all year except suck Randy's Cock. Until now everybody thought Ted was stuck in that boring old sidekick position.

The Feud with Randy has the potential to elevate Ted to main event status. I think If Ted had Cody in his corner it would hold him back because Cody just isn't ready for the main event yet.

I'm going with Sheamus as so many others have.
The fact that he's facing Triple H, the guy that has main evented Wrestlemania for the past many years, and is now facing Sheamus, a win or a loss will most likely put him over no matter what.
Even thou I feel that WWE is gonna let Sheamus get the better of Triple H, hopefully atleast, even thou I'm a Triple H fan, I know that a Sheamus win will do incredibly good for his career.

I'm also saying Sheamus. He's wrestling Sheamus

Now that would be interesting Shango ;).

Anyways on to the topic, so this isn't a spammer. I'm going to go with one of the Legacy members. It is likely that one of them (or both) will be involved in a match with Orton at Mania. One of them is going to have to come out of their shell and move towards becoming a wrestling star. It will most likely be DiBiase, but we shouldn't count Rhodes out of the equation. I think big things are coming for either one of them.

Also the winner of the MITB is usually a good candidate for breakout star, as they are expected to win a world tile. Doubt it would be Benjamin, though that would be pretty awesome. Christian is likely as well, but lets not count out someone like MVP or Drew McIntyre. Of course if Kofi gets on the card he is a prime candidate as well for this.

Well where many people have mentioned Kofi, his breakthrough came at Survivor Series, but we all know what came of that since then. Problem is, not everyone breaks through at Wrestlemania, but it is the key PPV where a breakthrough is expected, as Lariat said the likes of Hogan, Michaels, Austin all got their key breakthrough at Wrestlemania whilst others like Undertaker, Mankind, The Rock, Triple H brokethrough at PPVs like Survivor Series or Summerslam.

That being said, I do agree that Sheamus will the key guy to breakthrough at this year's Wrestlemania, he has been primed and set up to do so. A lot of people were shocked in disbelief at him getting the title but he grew on us and we were getting use to his title run but this match with Triple H is the essential one to make or break him as his matches with Cena and Orton didn't prove much except that he was "lucky" and we only got to see a stint of him in the Chamber which started to get his ball rolling but unfortunately he was forgotten due to his sudden elimination with three other guys. So this match with Triple H is a big moment for him and for me, he has to win because currently on PPV, TLC = Table Win, nothing big, Rumble = DQ Win, more about Orton's story, Elimination Chamber = Eliminated and didn't take out anyone significant, so his track record isn't one for us to back so much like everyone has said Sheamus' time is Wrestlemania and hopefully his place will be solidified as a Main Event Player.

As for others named, Christian, he kind of didn't really break through but snuck in through the open window in the glass ceiling, he just hasn't had a big win outside of E&C days, before he left in 2005 he was facing Cena and much like Jericho, because he never got the big victory off of him, momentum was lost. If he wins MITB, I don't see it as a breakthrough because he needs a significant feud on Raw to show he is able to hang with the big boys. Carrying ECW for a whole year is one thing, but it's a different game for being a Main Event guy on Raw, give him a big feud with someone like Orton and we'll see his position.

Kofi, as said his breakthrough came at Survivor Series but has since died down.

Legacy, the problem here is that neither guy has really gone far in the past year, they were ousted out of the tag team titles at NOC, their feud with DX led to them going nowhere, they got a win which got cancelled out at HIAC and then they just disappeared off the card until the Rumble. Dibiase got the pin on Orton in the Chamber but he got eliminated thirty seconds after. You see the problem here? They just don't know how to pull the trigger on Dibiase while Rhodes has simply had nothing going for him. While he's been the guy screwing Orton, he's not got any momentum going behind him and I just feel I can't personally back them, even if they do a great performance at Mania. In short, Legacy has been booked poorly and I can't see them doing anything big to break them through at Mania. If their match is a Triple Threat (only rumoured) the only benefit I can see is Orton winning resulting in Ted and Cody to feud against each other. If the past twelve months has seen a big mess up of potential Main Event players, it's Legacy.

I think theres quite a few guys that could break out and become stars you have christian kofi jomo miz sheamus. I think this christian wins mitb and but hes already very over with the fans so I dont think he can realy break out. I think sheamus win or lose is going to put on a hell of a match with hhh and become a star but hes already spent a few months in the main event so technically he broke out when he pushed cena through that table or whatever the hell the ending of the match was. My pick for the breakout star is a guy who wont win mitb but who is incredibly talented and Im sure desperate to get noticed and get pushed and that man is two time two time all-american american jack swagger! We all know hes got skills and hes very athletic watch one of his ecw matches or one of his matches with cena or hhh hes got everything you want in a main eventer besides the mic skills and Im sure hes well aware of how close he is to becoming a jobber for life and that makes him dangerous and someone who can really put on a show. I know if I was in his position Id be prepared to do just about anything in that match to get the crowds and vinces attention and try to get the push that I deserved

Well, lets look at History at who had a breakthrough WrestleMania.

WM 10 - Owen Hart
WM 11 - Diesel
WM 12 - HBK
WM 13 - Undertaker
WM 14 - Seve Austin
WM 15 - The Rock
WM 16 - Triple H
WM 17 - Not to sure
WM 18 - Chris Jericho
WM 19 - Brock Lesnar
WM 20 - Chris Benoit
WM 21 - Edge
WM 22 - Rey Mysterio
WM 23 - MVP
WM 24 - CM Punk
WM 25 - Matt Hardy
WM 26 - Christian

The reason I put that list up there is because I believe that WrestleMania is always a good night for every one. And this year Christian will have a good WrestleMania by winning Money in The Bank and later becoming a world champion!

my vote will be to ted dibease and shamus becuse of the fact that i belive that Shamus will beat Hunter, and Ted will win the triple threat, becuse this is his perfect oppurtinity. Who would see cody leave with the win? he is going to fall into dustin (goldust) shoes wile Ted becomes just as big, if he follows through with the potential he has, much like randy orton has

I believe it will be Ted dibiase who will be the breakout star this year. The guy is a good size and weight to be a main event talent. I also wish to see R-Truth and John Morrison leave with the tag titles just for R-Truth to have some gold around his waist. Sheamus is another talent i could see win.
Also im laughing my ass off how Kofi Kingston has more votes than Cody Rhodes and Kofi isn't even on the card yet.

i was gonna pick shamus but the miz.but sheamus is more deserving
:spam4:
I think it's gonna be Christian. He's gonna win MitB. He's earned it by putting in hard working years, and he deserves it more than anybody else. Well, Matt Hardy and Shelton deserve it too, but Christian consistently puts on great matches, and he's great on the mic too. The choice of Kofi is kind of a :afro:, oops wrong smiley. The choice of Kofi is kind of :wtf:, because he's not even in a match at Mania. Unless he qualifies tomorrow night, he's not on the card. Well, maybe the dark match, but who really cares? He needs to be on the card, for christ's sake, Evan Bourne is on the card. He's a glorified jobber. Kofi feuded with Orton, albeit lost cleanly almost every time, he's still a solid worker. They need him in the match. Actually, he needs to be in the match. But even if he does make the match, I still doubt Christian won't walk away as Mr.Money in the Bank.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back