who thinks they should bring back the King of the Ring?

I would love to see it again as a PPV. Have them fight 2-3 matches on one night. Then as many have said, have the King of the Ring winner challenge a Champion at SummerSlam. It would be like the King of the Ring would be the summer's Royal Rumble, and SummerSlam would be the summer's WrestleMania. I mean if you can't even think of a decent name for One Night Stand, why night just scrap the PPV in general, to King of the Ring. I used to really like it, I miss it as a PPV, its alright as a one night thing though.

now that doesn't mean it has to be a world title shot could be a US/IC title shot too.

The downside of the King Of The Ring idea was the name. How could you be King of The Ring if you weren't the top dog. it goes without saying whomever is the World Champ is technically the King of The Ring at the time. So from that perspective it's just a lame title like Miss WrestleMania.

I think it would have to be a WWE/World title shot. At this point the U.S. and IC titles aren't seen as that important. Almost anyone can get shots for them at any time. KotR needs to be a big deal and having the prize be a shot at secondary titles just makes KotR seem less important.

I think you're taking the word "King" a little too literally. It's just a fancy title to signify an accomplishment like Mr. Money in the Bank. It's a way to toot your own horn for one year.

To me, the biggest accomplishment behind LotR is showing how tough and how much endurance a wrestler has. That's why Angle's win felt like such a big deal. Not only was the tournament 32 guys that year but THREE rounds were on PPV instead of the usual two. It shows that a guy can win a match in both a semi-dominate way and he's also smart enough to conserve energy. He's a real work horse. Anyone can win one match by a fluke. But to get three wins in a one night when you only know for sure who your first opponent is? That's versatile and awesome.

KotR did a lot for Booker T but the way he won it left much to be desired. No one in the 2006 tournament had to wrestle more than once in one night. The Booker/Lashley final was the only KotR match on the Judgment Day PPV.

If the WWE brings the PPV itself back it'll seem big just by the fact that it's name is on the event. Then to have the winner beat three guys in one night so he can get a WWE/World title shot at the next big PPV? That's money right there.

King of the Ring as a PPV sucked. But, then again, shows developed to a wrestling bracket generally do.

I've NEVER understood the appeal. Sure, there can be some prestige in winning it, but with the Rumble, Elimination Chambers, MITB, etc...there are enough prestigious things at there. So, why would I want to watch the same few wrestlers work 3 or 4 matches in the same night? It's just boring.

So, no, no more King of the Ring PPVs.

Well, I think the problem is the choice of which superstars work 3 matches in one night. The thing that made the PPV suck in the past was the choices of which guys advance. If the WWE worked out a tight bracket then it'd be more exciting.

Even when Angle won the WWE made some dumb choices. Crash Holly made it to the semi-finals. Rikishi beat Benoit in the opening round. So did Val Venis over Eddie Guerrero. Two matches of Bull Buchanan is two matches too many.

Things looks poised for the final four to be Benoit/Jericho/Guerrero/Angle which is great match quality no matter how you slice it. Instead Angle had to try to carry Rikishi's big huffing and puffing rear end. The WWE has the talent to create great matches all night long. It's just a matter of if they choose to use it.

How many times are people going to say that? Please read the first post. The question is about bringing back "King of the Ring" as in the PPV itself. We're not just talking about the concept of having 8 or 16 people in a single elimination tournament. It's the actual PPV.

yes i think they should and get rid of one night stand or the great american bash.....i mean lets put it this way summerslam use to be mini wrestlemania...and king of the ring a mini royal rumble....i mean the best part of it was the tournament....i mean it made stars....made austin huge.....brock won his first title shot here the at summerslam beat the great one! please bring it back

I think they should bring it back but make it more than 8 men and run the tournament over the course of a whole month, kind of like "March Madness" in the NCAA. It would be fun to make brackets and follow it like college basketball fans follow the Final 4 tourny.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back