Who should win the Money in the Bank briefcase this year?

Who should win the Money in the Bank briefcase?

• Kevin Owens

• AJ Styles

• Seth Rollins

• Brock Lesnar

• Daniel Bryan

• OTHER

Results are only viewable after voting.

NotoriousWWE

Pre-Show Stalwart
How this PPV hasn't replaced Survivor Series as one of the big 4 WWE PPV's I'll never know. Money in the Bank other than WrestleMania and bar the past 2 previous years, Royal Rumble is my favourite PPV of the year. There is actual unpredictability about who will win every year. Last year I had no idea whatsoever Sheamus was going to win. I had assumed this would be the way Reigns finally gets pushed into the main event position or Orton returns to the top of the card. So the question I have this year is who out of the 10 options I give you will walk away with the briefcase? I'll make a case for each option and why I think they make viable candidates and how long I think they could potentially hold the case for before cashing in.

Kevin Owens
He's my favourite right now. WWE seems to be promoting 2016 as sort of being the year of Owens and why wouldn't you? He's so entertaining on the mic and in the ring. His transition from the Indies to WWE has been seamless and the fact that he only had to spend a minimal amount of months in NXT tells you how talented he really is. Should he win the case, I think he'd go on to hold it until probably around Royal Rumble time and i'd expect him to cash in on a returning Brock Lesnar setting up a match between the two at WrestleMania 33.

Daniel Bryan
This is dependant on whether the high-flyer returns if ever to WWE. But if he did I think this would be the way to catapult him back into the main event scene. He's still beloved by most of the WWE audience and rumour has it he's been cleared to compete. Could he be one of those suprise returns that happens during not the Rumble but MITB? Should he win the case, I think he'd hold it until around the RAW after Mania 33 cashing in on someone like Rollins or Cena.

Seth Rollins
I highly doubt WWE would have Rollins win another briefcase but who knows? Would be very interesting to see a face Rollins with the case, threatening to cash in on Owens or Reigns throughout the year. I definitely think he'll return and have a big match with HHH at Summerslam. Maybe it'll be for the belt but nobody at all wants to see HHH hold the belt until then.

AJ Styles
Dark horse. I'm actually hoping this is the option WWE choose. What better way to push Styles than doing it slowly and cleverly by having him go over top midcard guys like Jericho, Ambrose and possibly Owens to then winning the briefcase. I honestly think WWE needs to do an AJ Styles/John Cena feud. Its something I think both IWC and casual fans would be dying to see. Maybe AJ cashes in on Reigns near WM 33 and Cena wins the Rumble? That's a money feud right there.

Brock Lesnar
This actually makes sense. Lesnar is not around all year, doing casual dates so what better way to book him through 2016 then to have him turn up now and again during the main events of PPV's with the belt on the line threatening to cash in? He could potentially haunt Seth Rollins who wins his belt back at some stage and throughout the year threatening to cash in on him and make his singles matches into a triple threat like Rollins did to Brock. Think he'd hold the case until nearabouts Extreme Rules time, or maybe he cashes in at Mania 33 in a Rollins main event. Wishful thinking.

Bray Wyatt
Its actually sad to think Wyatt has held no belt during his time on the main roster, not even a midcard title. His promos are amazing, he's consistent in the ring despite not being that gifted and he has the imposing Wyatt family behind him. Maybe this is finally the way he gets to the belt and cashes in at Summerslam so we get a year of Wyatt?

FYI I forgot to put Wyatt as an option in the poll. So just count him as OTHER and explain why although i've pretty much summed up why he deserves the case.

OTHER
Who else is there? You've got your Orton's (bleh), Reigns (god no), Cena (god please no, no) or even Shinsuke Nakamura (could you imagine?) If you do pick other make an interesting argument for why they could hold what I think is now a greater instrument to success in WWE than the Rumble thanks to Seth Rollins' time with the case.

Besides who you mentioned, I would only like to see Cesaro or a face Cody Rhodes win MITB. Maybe a Finn Balor debut and win if WWE creative can get AJ/Gallows/Anderson/Balor on the same page by than.

As for my overall pick, it's gotta be KO with AJ a dark horse to win it.

How this PPV hasn't replaced Survivor Series as one of the big 4 WWE PPV's I'll never know. Money in the Bank other than WrestleMania and bar the past 2 previous years, Royal Rumble is my favourite PPV of the year. There is actual unpredictability about who will win every year. Last year I had no idea whatsoever Sheamus was going to win. I had assumed this would be the way Reigns finally gets pushed into the main event position or Orton returns to the top of the card. So the question I have this year is who out of the 10 options I give you will walk away with the briefcase? I'll make a case for each option and why I think they make viable candidates and how long I think they could potentially hold the case for before cashing in.

Kevin Owens
He's my favourite right now. WWE seems to be promoting 2016 as sort of being the year of Owens and why wouldn't you? He's so entertaining on the mic and in the ring. His transition from the Indies to WWE has been seamless and the fact that he only had to spend a minimal amount of months in NXT tells you how talented he really is. Should he win the case, I think he'd go on to hold it until probably around Royal Rumble time and i'd expect him to cash in on a returning Brock Lesnar setting up a match between the two at WrestleMania 33.

Daniel Bryan
This is dependant on whether the high-flyer returns if ever to WWE. But if he did I think this would be the way to catapult him back into the main event scene. He's still beloved by most of the WWE audience and rumour has it he's been cleared to compete. Could he be one of those suprise returns that happens during not the Rumble but MITB? Should he win the case, I think he'd hold it until around the RAW after Mania 33 cashing in on someone like Rollins or Cena.

Seth Rollins
I highly doubt WWE would have Rollins win another briefcase but who knows? Would be very interesting to see a face Rollins with the case, threatening to cash in on Owens or Reigns throughout the year. I definitely think he'll return and have a big match with HHH at Summerslam. Maybe it'll be for the belt but nobody at all wants to see HHH hold the belt until then.

AJ Styles
Dark horse. I'm actually hoping this is the option WWE choose. What better way to push Styles than doing it slowly and cleverly by having him go over top midcard guys like Jericho, Ambrose and possibly Owens to then winning the briefcase. I honestly think WWE needs to do an AJ Styles/John Cena feud. Its something I think both IWC and casual fans would be dying to see. Maybe AJ cashes in on Reigns near WM 33 and Cena wins the Rumble? That's a money feud right there.

Brock Lesnar
This actually makes sense. Lesnar is not around all year, doing casual dates so what better way to book him through 2016 then to have him turn up now and again during the main events of PPV's with the belt on the line threatening to cash in? He could potentially haunt Seth Rollins who wins his belt back at some stage and throughout the year threatening to cash in on him and make his singles matches into a triple threat like Rollins did to Brock. Think he'd hold the case until nearabouts Extreme Rules time, or maybe he cashes in at Mania 33 in a Rollins main event. Wishful thinking.

Bray Wyatt
Its actually sad to think Wyatt has held no belt during his time on the main roster, not even a midcard title. His promos are amazing, he's consistent in the ring despite not being that gifted and he has the imposing Wyatt family behind him. Maybe this is finally the way he gets to the belt and cashes in at Summerslam so we get a year of Wyatt?

FYI I forgot to put Wyatt as an option in the poll. So just count him as OTHER and explain why although i've pretty much summed up why he deserves the case.

OTHER
Who else is there? You've got your Orton's (bleh), Reigns (god no), Cena (god please no, no) or even Shinsuke Nakamura (could you imagine?) If you do pick other make an interesting argument for why they could hold what I think is now a greater instrument to success in WWE than the Rumble thanks to Seth Rollins' time with the case.

Tell me what are you smoking? Acid? Mushroom? Angel Dust?
AJ Styles will be a jobber if he is ever put in the ring in money in the bank match! Which he won t remember STING vs Seth Rollins? Boy did they make STING job to Rollins eh? Are you in la la land if anything why don t you just say he ll challenge Kalisto for the IC title as well lol geeeeez you are so delusional and fascinated with our TNA star! You do know vince is anti TNA right? Any Ex TNA star ever go far with any push? I hear kaval echoing ( Low Ki) and Karma ( Awesome Kong) loudly! If anyone needs a push now its Kevin Owens and or Daniel Bryan he deserves the title again!

AJ Styles will be a jobber if he is ever put in the ring in money in the bank match! Which he won t remember STING vs Seth Rollins? Boy did they make STING job to Rollins eh? Are you in la la land if anything why don t you just say he ll challenge Kalisto for the IC title as well lol geeeeez you are so delusional and fascinated with our TNA star! You do know vince is anti TNA right? Any Ex TNA star ever go far with any push? I hear kaval echoing ( Low Ki) and Karma ( Awesome Kong) loudly! If anyone needs a push now its Kevin Owens and or Daniel Bryan he deserves the title again!

I have actually done acid before but that's irrelevant. I don't even want to bother replying to this post because it's so poorly written and has no logic. There is no way you pay top dollar for an employee and don't use him properly. AJ Styles is one of the top wrestlers in the world today, why the hell would Vince sign him just to make him job? He'd have started out on NXT if that were the case. If you're actually just trolling than get a grip, I hate to waste time on people who have nothing interesting to say.

Well I voted for AJ based on current fanboying, but Owens and Balor are equally respectable choices. In fact if Balor is called up I'd say it's a must to get him off the ground quickly. There are quite a lot of good up and comers right now. MitB is very much a real competition in the sense of who gets booked to win it. It is the guaranteed main event run after all (no Cena doesn't count.:p)

I have actually done acid before but that's irrelevant. I don't even want to bother replying to this post because it's so poorly written and has no logic. There is no way you pay top dollar for an employee and don't use him properly. AJ Styles is one of the top wrestlers in the world today, why the hell would Vince sign him just to make him job? He'd have started out on NXT if that were the case. If you're actually just trolling than get a grip, I hate to waste time on people who have nothing interesting to say.

I hate wasting my time with wwe delusional sheeps who embrace every ex TNA wrestler that steps foot in the squared circle! Geeez last year all the hype and embracement was focused around STING the best in the world and LEGEND now look what wwe did to him. You guys had your dream matches outline requested on him lol
Now its AJ Styles our TNA made product wrestler yeah baby! He is the best in the world cause TNA made him that way and partnered with other wrestling associations and allowed Styles to wrestle out of TNA which wwe will never allow!
You do know A jobber Styles is only a temporary replacement once Daniel Bryan , Seth Rollins, Randy Orton and John cena return? Right
You do know his match with Y2Jobber had many heavy critics talking about last nights raw matches which Vince will send him packing to NXT!
Why the hell did vince sign STING who is the best in the world and recognized world wide just to ruin his legacy and make him job? which he did twice!
Find me one ex TNA wrestler that didn t job and was underused?
You do know vince is anti TNA? I don t need to tell you that or waste my time on you for that either! WAKE UP! lol
If you're actually just trolling than get a grip, I hate to waste time on people who have nothing interesting to say.
RUDE AWAKENING! REALITY !

Kevin Owens

Daniel Bryan

Seth Rollins

AJ Styles

Brock Lesnar

Bray Wyatt

OTHER

Sorry Matt if any wwe needs to push Daniel Bryan or he is TNA bound shortly where he will be respected and recognized for his efforts and not held back and placed to be lost in the shuffle he s been off TV for a 1.5 year now and due to injuries they are placing him away from wwe.

Kevin Owens nothing to say that vince is anti ROH and anti TNA for that matter Kevin Owens deserves to go for the money in the bank briefcase and push Owens for that matter

Wyatts what can I say great mic skills and great promos for a jobber and his jobber family which I will never understand. If I were wwe I would place the Wyatt in tag team title WM match against the USOs and new whatevers and have Wyatts win! This waste of time having Bray Wyatt yet again job to Brock Lesner now is a total waste of talent he has been jobbing now for few years!

Here are the people that come to mind for me.

Dean Ambrose
Dean was my #1 pick to win last year, had he been in the match and not in the World title match. So he's my #1 pick again this year. He's been in the main roster since 2012. His former partners, Rollins and Reigns have both headlined a Wrestlemania and been World Champions. I believe that it's Dean's time this year. He deserves it.
Dean's winning is also good for the briefcase. The last time a face won and also cashed in as a face was in 2012 with Cena and the last time a face cashed in successfully was in 2008 with CM Punk. So it would be a nice fit to have a face win this year and there's no better option than Dean Ambrose.

Kevin Owens
Owens is my #2 pick. He had an amazing rookie year and it seems like the sky is the limit for him, as he's marvelous both in and out of the ring, plus a really good talker. These qualities make Owens a stron candidate for the briefcase, but to my taste, I'd prefer Owens to win the belt in an one-on-one fashion and not by a MITB cash-in. I don't believe that a cash-in suits his character, but since it's him, he will make it suit him and we will like it, if it happens.

AJ Styles
Third and final pick. The hottest free agent in the world. AJ Styles. What makes AJ a candidate is his strong name value. His T-shirt sold out in matter of hours and if he continues like that, he might end up the World Champion, sooner or later.

There's really no one else. Bray Wyatt just doesn't do it for me. It's very awkward watching him cashing in. It's kinda cool though. Lights go out, Wyatts beat the champ, he walks down the ramp slowly with the briefcase. Cashes in with no sweat. Like a boss.

My final pick is Dean Ambrose cashing in on Roman Reigns or Seth Rollins, later this year.

EDIT: How could you forget Dean Ambrose from the poll????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You don't even mention him in your original post :p

Here are the people that come to mind for me.

Dean Ambrose
Dean was my #1 pick to win last year, had he been in the match and not in the World title match. So he's my #1 pick again this year. He's been in the main roster since 2012. His former partners, Rollins and Reigns have both headlined a Wrestlemania and been World Champions. I believe that it's Dean's time this year. He deserves it.
Dean's winning is also good for the briefcase. The last time a face won and also cashed in as a face was in 2012 with Cena and the last time a face cashed in successfully was in 2008 with CM Punk. So it would be a nice fit to have a face win this year and there's no better option than Dean Ambrose.

Kevin Owens
Owens is my #2 pick. He had an amazing rookie year and it seems like the sky is the limit for him, as he's marvelous both in and out of the ring, plus a really good talker. These qualities make Owens a stron candidate for the briefcase, but to my taste, I'd prefer Owens to win the belt in an one-on-one fashion and not by a MITB cash-in. I don't believe that a cash-in suits his character, but since it's him, he will make it suit him and we will like it, if it happens.

AJ Styles
Third and final pick. The hottest free agent in the world. AJ Styles. What makes AJ a candidate is his strong name value. His T-shirt sold out in matter of hours and if he continues like that, he might end up the World Champion, sooner or later.

AJ Styles was TNA property his t shirt never sold out in matter of hours lol
as it is still available for sale and I much prefer the TNA shirts over this one they just changed the lettering that s all putting phenomenol in the front nothing new there! Don t bet on vre vince is Anti TNA have you ever heard of an exTNA champ? Never its his 2nd huge competitor! Look what happened to STING vre?

There's really no one else. Bray Wyatt just doesn't do it for me. It's very awkward watching him cashing in. It's kinda cool though. Lights go out, Wyatts beat the champ, he walks down the ramp slowly with the briefcase. Cashes in with no sweat. Like a boss.

My final pick is Dean Ambrose cashing in on Roman Reigns or Seth Rollins, later this year.

EDIT: How could you forget Dean Ambrose from the poll????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You don't even mention him in your original post :p

AJ Styles was TNA property his t shirt never sold out in matter of hours lol
as it is still available for sale and I much prefer the TNA shirts over this one they just changed the lettering that s all putting phenomenol in the front nothing new there! Don t bet on vre vince is Anti TNA have you ever heard of an exTNA champ? Never its his 2nd huge competitor! Look what happened to STING vre? Lotsa t shirts in TNA and DVDS!

Dean malaka ambrose doesn t do it for me he wrestles like he is stoned or drunk I don t know where they found him
Daniel Bryan should be my first pick and Kevin Owens as my # 2 pick

The New Day

New day should somehow win the money in the bank briefcase and they should get their hands on the WWE championship..
Like the reigning defending undisputed WWE World Heavyweight Champion THE NEW DAY..
It will be fresh as it will be first time in history that a whole Faction will be known as the WWE champion and may also eventually lead to their split up due to each of them wanting to be the champion himself..

I'm shocked at the lack of Dean Ambrose voters. I may not be a fan of his but if Ambrose is ever going to win the WWE championship then I think the best way is to do it by having him cash in unexpectedly on Roman Reigns in 2017. I dislike the current version of Dean who is a babyfave guy who calls himself a lunatic. He needs to go l out like he used to before the WWE..hell his stuff with Regal was awesome too!

Second choice is Kevin Owens. The dude is a superstar. The prize fighter with the MITB just sounds absolutely right.

I picked Owens, and if he doesn't win it, he'll make the person who beats him life's miserable for the foreseeable future. So it's kind of a win win.

It's really too early, what with injuries and all. Who knows who will be back, and who will go out in the meantime. But I didn't pick Lesnar or Bryan because both of them are main event talents and don't need it. Same with Rollins, and add to the fact he's held it already. Time to give it to someone new.

Ambrose doesn't need it either, and the same with Wyatt, who's never been interested in holding any title. Styles is a maybe. We'll see how he's booked between now and then.

My dream would be for Cesaro to come back and win it, but with the way they treat him, that's highly unlikely.

If I was the one to decide the winner of Money In The Bank 2016, I would surely give the win to Antonio Cesaro. This guy is awesome! :p
BUT Vince sees him as a boring guy and I have rested my case aside about hoping Cesaro to be WWE World Champion. Damn!

So I voted for Kevin Owens who is in a much realistic position to be credible enough to win the briefcase. This guy has everything a main eventer & World Champion should possess.

:devil:

I'm pulling for AJ Styles. Think about it; the money in the bank briefcase is the best way to get the world title without making the previous champion look bad.

You earn that briefcase by winning a haphazard match that really just shows that the winner was lucky enough to climb the ladder when every other opponent was too hurt to stop you. It's not like you made yourself look better than everyone else, you were that one guy that just so happened to unlatch a briefcase.

You use that briefcase to win the world title, which can be as simple as running in after an exhausting match or beatdown and claiming the belt. AJ might have too much integrity to want to just steal the belt, he may use the briefcase to guarantee a main event at a major ppv. Either way, AJ could put on an epic match and lose and I don't think it would hurt his credibility. If he wins the world title at any point, I'll mark out like a Japanese girl in a petting zoo.

Of course they jobbed Sting out to Seth Rollins. Why the hell wouldn't they job out an aging veteran who's days inside the ring are numbered and who is nearly 30 years older than Seth Rollins? If you thought Sting was going to go over or should have gone over a guy who's going to help carry WWE for the next 10 years or so, then it sounds like you're the one that's not only on something, but sounds like you've got some pretty bad shit.

As for Kaval, he garnered heat backstage, allegedly, by behaving pretty arrogantly and rubbing people the wrong way without having any credibility built up.

As for Karma, you do know that she was pregnant right? She discovered she was pregnant, they gave her time off, she wound up losing the baby which resulted in a number of psychological issues that she had to deal with, so they parted ways as there was no idea on either side when she'd be ready to return.

Given the amount of money WWE is paying Styles, which is alleged to be a downside guarantee north of $500,000, it's unlikely they're going to have him jobbing out unless he does something to garner some serious backstage heat. If he acts like a douche backstage or does something to embarrass the company publicly, he'll likely find himself punished or fired, depending upon what the situation is.

While I'd love to see Daniel Bryan back, IF the latest reports are accurate, his in-ring career in WWE is over as they're extremely reluctant to medically clear him. Allegedly, officials are working on finding him a role within the company outside the ring. Again, IF this is accurate and Bryan wants to continue working inside the ring as a wrestler, then he'll most likely have to ask for his release to go somewhere else.

I'd say that Kevin Owens is a definite favorite to win MITB this year. He has all the momentum going for him right now, he's been booked with solid consistency and is being positioned as one of the top heels in the company.

Considering how far out MITB currently is it's really hard to say who should win it at this point. So much can change by June and when the event finally rolls around someone else could emerge and become a good candidate to be champ (or at least get a main event push).

Rollins already won it and if he wins it again it will be as a face which isn't a huge problem but I'd rather see someone else win it. Brock is such a beast and comes more off as a guy who will just say "I want a title shot now" instead of going through MITB (although if he won and did a challenge like RVD in '06 I'd be ok with it). Ambrose is popular but I really don't see him as championship material at this point. Bray has lost a lot of steam and although it could be interesting seeing him become champ I'd like to see him get his aura back first before that happens because it seems to me like he lost it at some point. Owens is a fairly strong option in my opinion and I'd be up for seeing him in the main event picture. At this point I think AJ is the best choice for it even though he just started. He's obviously over with the fans and because he's so fresh it gives WWE an opportunity to build the guy strong over the next 6 months, not saying they couldn't do that with a lot of talent, they could but they lost so much steam with so many guys that using someone fresh gives them a chance to not fuck it up. They can always rectify their wrongs but sometimes its just easier to go with someone that they haven't done wrong to yet.

It surely has to be Kevin Owens, right?

The WWE seems really keen to propel Kevin Owens to the main event as soon as possible and this may be the quickest way to ensure that happens. He is supremely talented and, as much as he may have found suitable foil in Dean Ambrose lately, he deserves to be in and around that spot. In terms of pure wrestling ability, he is amongst the best that the company has to offer presently and I have yet to see a bad match featuring him, no matter who the opponent might be. Hell, he makes Ambrose look good, he deserves a medal for that, never mind a briefcase. And in terms of being entertaining, he ticks all of the boxes. He has him gimmick absolutely nailed and he is the guys that you love to hate. He is the CM Punk of today's product and that will always be a successful recipe.

The only thing that will go against him is if the WWE wants to go down the route of propelling someone else to the main event to stand against Reigns or whoever the Champion might be. Seth Rolling might be a good idea, given that he never really lost the title and the WWE will be keen to make him as popular as they can when he comes back. Dean Ambrose is another one who might get it despite not being at that level yet. The WWE seems to like him and the relationship between he and Reigns, so it might tilt the decision in his favour.

But in terms of who deserves it the most, it is Owens all the way.

Kevin Owens makes the most sense. It always works better when a heel wins the briefcase. And with his mic skills it could make for some interesting moments on Raw & Smackdown till he cashes in.

Bray Wyatt is really the only other worthy candidate. But I would have him win the Title at some point this year. Maybe shortly after Mania, Wyatt targets Reigns and starts another feud before he captures his 1st world title.

Dark Horse - Dean Ambrose (This might be a good spot for him to). Probably the only face that makes sense.

Who should win the MITB briefcase this year... KEVIN OWENS!

Kevin Owens is one the few heels who I can imagine succeeding with the WWE Championship, already he's a valuable part of the midcard scene and great workhorse. He's the only one I can see right now winning the MITB.

Positively, definitely Kevin Owens.

The MITB holder is traditionally a heel because the guy carrying around the luggage is usually an obnoxious, crafty jerk......and no one fits the bill better than KO.

The way he heaves a sigh and rolls his eyes at the apparent thickness of everyone he deals with makes him a perfect candidate to hold the briefcase and threaten to cash in every time we see him.

His solid ring performance and attitude contrast well with his atrocious physique to make him a guy we'll be anxious to see cash in......and the fan base might very well be equally divided as to whether he should succeed or fail.

KO would be perfect with the Samsonite.

Kevin Owens

Daniel Bryan

Seth Rollins

AJ Styles

Brock Lesnar

Bray Wyatt

OTHER

Kevin Owens "entertaining" on the mic? Are you watching the same massively overrated fat Canadian as me?!

If you want a heel Kevin is the one for sure. If you want a face go with Dean for sure. If you want a surprise than go with Seth that should be pretty close to the time of his return. Last the long shot possibilities would be A.J. or Neville.
Now to answer your question I am going to say Kevin Owens will win the 2016 MITB briefcase.

It won't be Lesnar. Lesnar would never compete in a match like that.

Obviously, Daniel Bryan is out.

I don't think Styles is ready for that kind of push right now. But we have 4 months until MITB. Gotta see what he does at Wrestlemania, but in my opinion there are other guys in front of him. I think though if he goes out and has a feud with a top star and shines, maybe 2017 could be his year.

I don't think they'll put Rollins in that match right off of a torn ACL. Honestly, I think he makes is official comeback at Summerslam anyway against Triple H.

Two top options are Kevin Owens and Dean Ambrose, if Ambrose isn't in the main event at that point against Reigns.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back