Who should win Royal Rumble 2018?

The winner of the 2018 royal rumble should be : ADAM COLE BAYBAY. Lol but chances are he wont be called up. I think its pretty obvious at this point shinsuke nakamura is winning the royal rumble. Pretty sure thats why he hasent won the wwe title yet, Because there saving the royal rumble win for him and he can beat AJ for the title at mania.

Braun Strowman. He should come in early and have a Kane in 01 type run. I’d rather see Reigns with The Shield at Mania.

Always think a face should win the Rumble and Strowman basically just turned.

Reigns should not win the rumble if it's basically penciled in that he'll face Lesnar at Mania. Could we Get that Rematch of Reigns vs Cena as the final 2 participants in the Rumble though? That's Highly Probable.... My prediction is that Cena Takes it though with the "free agent" status still in place. So the question then becomes. Does Cena reunite a Feud with AJ Styles and Go after WWE Title or does he go after Lesnar and Rekindle that Feud from when Lesnar first came back. It only seems right that Cena is the first man Lesnar faced on his return, and the last one before he leaves.... The fans will dump all over Lesnar/Reigns at Mania I believe though, so possible that Cena could Insert himself into a Triple Threat Elimination Match with Lesnar/Cena/Reigns at Mania? That could at least make the match more enjoyable and unpredictable which makes it a watch at Mania? Then how I would book that is to have Cena/Reigns double team Lesnar most of the Match putting him through table/etc. Then get the pin on Lesnar and have it come down to Reigns/Cena for the Belt. Then on Raw, Heyman talks about how wwe basically screwed Lesnar and wanted the Belt off him that they had their two "Golden Boys" take him out. That would set the stage then for Lesnar to leave WWE with Heyman moving on to possibly manage a new talent debuting on Raw after Mania? I would have Heyman manage a monster from NXT who needs a mouthpiece... maybe that Lars Sullivan would be ready for main roster by then?

Smackdown however would see the winner of Elimination Chamber face Styles which I'm predicting that it could very well be Glourious with Bobby Roode vs Styles at Mania?

Shinsuke Nakamura should win the Rumble to set up a WWE Title match with Styles.

Of course it's probably going to be Reigns or Cena. I want somebody new though.

I hope it's someone new and different. The last 4 out of 5 Royal Rumbles have been someone who has won it before (Cena, Batista, Orton, Triple H), and the other one was Roman Reigns who nobody wanted. I'm also wondering when they are going to do a win from number 1 again. It's been almost 15 years since Benoit won at number 1, or longer if you don't count him and just Shawn ;)

Either way it should be someone who actually needs it and not someone has won it already. I have a really bad feeling it will be Roman again though and i'm not getting my hopes up at all that it won't be. I've been disappointed by the Rumble since probably 2012. Every year I get excited about it and it's a winner that I just groan at. I am hoping that changes this upcoming one, even though I know it won't. I wouldn't mind Strowman or Balor winning and going on to face Lesnar at Mania.

The problem with the Rumble now more then ever is that it's a set up for the main event of wrestlemania. The problem with that is that the main event spot is reserved for marquee guys only and not to try and build somebody with it. So that's why we always get the same guys winning every year lately, because WWE won't take a chance on somebody anymore. They have they're core groups of guys that makes then money and it makes total sense that the continue with that mindset. So i don't mind if Cena or Reigns win it this year because that are household name and their matches will generate a lot of buzz for mania.

But let's just say that the winner of the rumble only get a title shot at mania and it's not in the main event of the show but let's say it's in the opening spot or the middle of the card, then i would mind seeing them take a chance on a finn balor, Sami zayn or even Braun Strowman to win the rumble and get the title match at mania. That way if their match fail to make the casual fans react to it or even watch it on the network, then it's not as big of a deal as if it was the main event.

So if you go that route, For Raw: actually, the only one i could see winning it on Raw is Reigns because, Joe had his shoot already and it wasn't great, Strowman got his shoot and it wasn't great, Finn will probably get his shoot at the rumble so he's out, so they only guys left for mania is the three guys from the shields and out of the three, i like Reigns the most.

If it's a smackdown guy: then i depends who is the champion going into mania, If it's AJ, i would love either Sami Zayn or Shinsuke because both match would just be awesome, if it's Jinder then let's go with Bobby Roode. I think they have the same style of wrestling and would match well together.

Hello Everyone,

Can I ask everyone a question? Do you really want to see another Reigns or Cena type win the rumble or do you wanna see someone who you wouldn't expect to win the rumble and pull out a surprise victory? Because I don't know about you but I'm tired of the same old people winning this and getting the chance of going to Wrestlemania when the wrestlers I genuinely like (Sami Zayn, Kevin Owens, Zack Ryder) are left in the background. I know everyone cannot be a Main Eventer, some people have to be the mid-card guys but when the ones we actually like don't get used at all. So the ones I actually genuinely think should win is a Mid-Card guy, Zayn, KO, Roode. Lets show off some of the ones that haven't been the main event and show that they can be.

Hulk hogan should come back and win the rumble as a feel good moment and a last hurrah... And then announce his retirement for good the next day.

Its one of the few matches he could realisticly still look good in, and make a surprise impact with...

Retiring gracefully the next day would make headlines for mania too..

Wait, who am I kidding, retiring gracefully? This is the guy that cashed in the first mitb contract on yokozuna at wm 9 and one of the architects of both the fingerpoke of doom and the fall of wcw...

Ahahaha...

I’m dreaming here BUT how about....

The friction between Angle & Steph over last few weeks leads to Angle snapping on HHH in the SS main event, costing team raw the win & “bragging rights”, due to this Angle is fired as GM but in his final act, inserts Brock Lesnar defending the Universal championship in the Royal Rumble.

Brock enters early and lasts a while but then gets eliminated by all Shield after eliminating Roman and so feuds with them leading to the preplanned Brock vs Roman WM match, it would still hold some fan interest without a title due to their status, and keep Vince happy.

Then there would be a few options for the actual RR winner.

1: Cena wins, making him Raw champ, becomes a form of 17 time World Champ. After representing Team Smackdown at SS, Steph & HHH take exception and so put blocker after blocker in front of him, ending in something like Cena vs Joe at WM.

2: Bálor or Joe win the title and they feud up to WM which could produce a classic

3: A big return wins it - CM Punk, Daniel Bryan or other

In reality these won’t happen & they will probably have Roman win it, setting up the Brock match, if they do, they should have him turn heel on the shield to do it, maybe eliminating them in a sneak attack. At least he can draw on the heat that would come.

The rumble is massively important because, if they do take the title of AJ and put it on Jinder for the India tour, the two main title matches at mania are forecast to be Cena/Jinder and Roman/Brock, which although could work, non are really over with the fans currently. They need to do something drastic at Rumble or WM will be a write off. I hope they surprise us.

Here goes nothing...

Step one - Zayn and Owens, not surprisingly cost Team SD at SS. Kurt Angle keeps his job. Feud between Owens/Zayn and Shane gets more heat.

Step two - continue feud with Shane and Owens. Add a member to Owens squad. Preferably someone with Indy and NXT credibility but really it doesn't matter. Just adding another member makes it feel like something bigger is going on.

Step three - in the build to the Rumble let it be revealed that there is some higher power behind all of this. Not a god, but just a person who brought Owens/Zayn/#3 together out of hatred for Shane and Vince and what WWE is. Shane demands to know who it is. Owens says that if they want to know they need to give that man the #30 spot in the Royal Rumble. Next week Shane comes back to agree to the deal.

Step four - nearing the end of the Rumble, leave three groups/generations of wrestlers in the ring. One group being Owens/Zayn/#3, The Shield, and then Cena/Orton/Jericho (can't think of anyone else right now that works better).

Music hits for #30, "If ya smell!" Crowd goes apeshit but nothing happens, "Gong!" Same thing but nothing happens. "Sexy boy" crickets. "Glass breaks" but nothing. Total silence while everyone watches, then it hits " Time to play the game!" HHH leaves Gorilla but in a suit and tie with a confused look on his face shaking his head no, the wrestlers are all shocked and confused. Clearly HHH was behind all the violence against Vince and Shane and this is his way of using his NXT connections to get the main event of WM and take over WWE. But he is denying what everyone knows and his confusion is a farce until his music stops and we hear a massive guitar rift leading to Cult of Personality and the return of Punk.

Punk puts a shocked HHH to sleep and joins the Rumble to win it. This was all his plan to get what he wanted all along, a main event at WM where he faces AJ (see the irony there) for the title.

I know, I know, wishful thinking. But it should happen. It would certainly make WM more special and the build more entertaining. It could also get mainstream press as the story behind it goes beyond the regular scripted storytelling and booking.

I don't know, its a reach and know whatever WWE does will be a disappointment to me but I enjoyed sharing this fantasy booking and I hoped you enjoyed reading it. Blame Kapu for starting this thread if my post ruined the next six months of WWE programming for you.

What I think we will see happen is Styles holds the title to Mania, Nakamura wins the Rumble setting up Styles vs Nakamura. On the RAW side after Rumble Steph attempts to destroy The Shield reunion and we get a triple threat Reigns vs Ambrose vs Rollins with the winner getting Lesnar at Mania.

Here goes nothing...

Step one - Zayn and Owens, not surprisingly cost Team SD at SS. Kurt Angle keeps his job. Feud between Owens/Zayn and Shane gets more heat.

Step two - continue feud with Shane and Owens. Add a member to Owens squad. Preferably someone with Indy and NXT credibility but really it doesn't matter. Just adding another member makes it feel like something bigger is going on.

Step three - in the build to the Rumble let it be revealed that there is some higher power behind all of this. Not a god, but just a person who brought Owens/Zayn/#3 together out of hatred for Shane and Vince and what WWE is. Shane demands to know who it is. Owens says that if they want to know they need to give that man the #30 spot in the Royal Rumble. Next week Shane comes back to agree to the deal.

Step four - nearing the end of the Rumble, leave three groups/generations of wrestlers in the ring. One group being Owens/Zayn/#3, The Shield, and then Cena/Orton/Jericho (can't think of anyone else right now that works better).

Music hits for #30, "If ya smell!" Crowd goes apeshit but nothing happens, "Gong!" Same thing but nothing happens. "Sexy boy" crickets. "Glass breaks" but nothing. Total silence while everyone watches, then it hits " Time to play the game!" HHH leaves Gorilla but in a suit and tie with a confused look on his face shaking his head no, the wrestlers are all shocked and confused. Clearly HHH was behind all the violence against Vince and Shane and this is his way of using his NXT connections to get the main event of WM and take over WWE. But he is denying what everyone knows and his confusion is a farce until his music stops and we hear a massive guitar rift leading to Cult of Personality and the return of Punk.

Punk puts a shocked HHH to sleep and joins the Rumble to win it. This was all his plan to get what he wanted all along, a main event at WM where he faces AJ (see the irony there) for the title.

I know, I know, wishful thinking. But it should happen. It would certainly make WM more special and the build more entertaining. It could also get mainstream press as the story behind it goes beyond the regular scripted storytelling and booking.

I don't know, its a reach and know whatever WWE does will be a disappointment to me but I enjoyed sharing this fantasy booking and I hoped you enjoyed reading it. Blame Kapu for starting this thread if my post ruined the next six months of WWE programming for you.

Good for you! That would have been incredible. I like the music playing with the crowd's emotions. Nice creativity!

If Reigns is facing Lesnar for the Universal Championship, then Rollins should win and face Styles for the WWE Championship.

Nakamura vs Styles is great, but Nak is nowhere near the level of a Wrestlemania main-eventer.

If not Rollins, at least give it to someone who has never won it before and is not a legend. All the Rumble winners ever since 2011 have been meh (Del Rio, Sheamus, Cena, Batista, Reigns, Triple H and Orton).

I hope they somehow make Reigns vs Lesnar non-title so that the Rumble can be unpredictable, because if they don't, it will mean that either Reigns or a Smackdown star will win it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back