Who should be the 2014 MITB match participants?

LODemolition

Championship Contender
I know we're still 4 months away from the annual MITB ppv, but I wanted to get everyone's opinion on who should be in the match this year and who should win it. I like the idea of having 8 guys in the match who have never won it before, so we know for a fact we'll have a first time briefcase holder. I would like it even better if they brought the match back to WrestleMania this year and ditched the ppv, now that there's only 1 World Title to chase. It would make sense to put 8-10 guys in one match at Mania, considering otherwise there are going to likely be quite a few deserving guys who get left off the card (unless they hold a battle royal). These would be my 10.

1. Bray Wyatt
2. Cesaro
3. Cody Rhodes
4. Big E
5. Sheamus
6. Bad News Barrett
7. Kofi Kingston
8. Titus O'Neil
9. Dean Ambrose
10. Seth Rollins

Now if they were to go with the standard 8-man match, I guess the 2 I'd cut out would be Kofi and Sheamus. But with there only being 1 ladder match this year, I think they'll extend the number of participants. I know some people are going to ask, "Where's Roman Reigns?" Reigns does not need to be in this match, as they've clearly got big plans for him already. The briefcase would be wasted on him in my opinion, because he's a future champion with or without it.

So my winner? It's a tough call, but I'll start by narrowing it down to 3. Cesaro, Wyatt, and Barrett. Now, I've always felt it's best for a heel to hold the briefcase because obviously they will cash in when the champion is at hiss weakest. To me, that eliminates Cesaro because I fully expect him to make a face turn by the time MITB rolls around. The crowd is too much behind him to ignore and keep him heel for too much longer. It's inevitable that he and Swagger will split in the near future. I also think Cesaro will make a much more likely Intercontinental Champion no later than SummerSlam. He's going to be in the WWE World Heavyweight Title picture eventually, just not this soon imo. Bad News Barrett? His new gimmick is over with the crowd and we have yet to see him compete in the ring under it, but I think he could be a guy who's just never going to break out of the midcard. Not that it's a bad thing, you need guys like that to make the IC Title picture interesting. I can actually envision a Cesaro/Barrett IC Title feud very easily in the summer months. But I also wouldn't count out a face turn for him with the reactions he's been getting as of late.

So my winner is Bray Wyatt. We've seen him many times enter the ring, seemingly ready to brawl with The Shield, then in classic heel fashion, back away. With Rowan and Harper doing his dirty work, it's easy to see him sitting back in his rocking chair while his cohorts attack a defenseless champion (Batista, Bryan, Cena, even Reigns), and then walk ever so calmly into the ring, hit them with Sister Abigail, and be crowned new WWE World Heavyweight Champion. To me, this is the likeliest scenario, but MITB has surprised us all before. Few people saw it coming when guys like CM Punk, Jack Swagger, The Miz, and Daniel Bryan won. We could easily be thrown a curve ball again in 2014.

So who would be in your MITB ladder match and who would come away with the briefcase?

Titus O'Neil, Cesaro, Swagger, Barrett are all names that pop to mind. Christian is another possibility I guess. I'm not too sure I could put my hands on a full "list", but having Wyatt in would just suck so much. He doesn't need the MiTB to get his title shot, because he's above that as a character. Using this technique to get the title would be the cheap way out & to be fair, Wyatt isn't a real cheater in my eyes, he's a brawler.

I think that Titus O'Neil or Cesaro would be good choices. O'Neil could be a one-time WWEWHC and have a short heel reign thanks to the MiTB Briefcase. Cesaro on the other hand I feel would have to be a face to win this & do the respectable thing, of challenging in advance, ending up winning the WWEWHC the hard way, having a full-length match.

Reigns, Wyatt, Ambrose, Cesaro, Rollins, O'Neil, Kofi and Bourne. It should be about guys getting their first chance at a major title. I don't think any of the above have previous major title experience so build it around the future. The Bourne and Kofi are replaceable but I think they can provide the big spots in the match. I think it should be Reigns or Wyatt winning

The MITB is usually awarded to the, for lack of a better term, next big thing.
The likeliest candidates this year would be:

Big E/ Ambrose/ Wyatt/ Cesaro/ Titus/ Roman

The fact that Bray Wyatt is going to be facing Cena at Mania is a pretty clear indication that big things are in store for him. He would have to be the odds on favorite. Sneaky heels tend to win these matches, and that label fits him to a tee.

Roman and Cesaro will most likely be babyfaces by then and I don't think they want Roman's first WWE Title reign to start with a cash in scenario. Same goes for Big E.

Titus is still too new. Ambrose is a possibility, but a darkhorse. As for a guy like Wade Barrett or Cody Rhodes, I think the window has closed on their chances of winning a match like this. They're veterans of these matches by now, not up and coming stars.

Here's my list:
Cesaro
Christin
Kofi
Swagger
Cody Rhodes
Ryback
Goldust
Reigns (Provided it's not held at Wrestlemania, if it is, I'd throw Big E in it instead)

I don't much like the idea of Bray Wyatt being in the match. I'd rather see him in highly personal feuds working his way up to a title match.

I think Reigns has a great shot at winning it, but I feel like he'll be involved in something bigger come Wrestlemania.

As for Christian, he has no shot at winning the briefcase, but the higher management knows that including him in any type of match is going to make the match that much better. He'd be in this match for the same reason he's going to be in the Chamber this Sunday. The same goes for Goldust.

I feel like Cesaro has a good shot at winning it. He's going to turn face before long, but I think he's needed as a heel. There just aren't many good heels at the moment, and cashing in your briefcase on a downed, beloved champion is a great way to turn heel.

The two MITB matches of last year featured 7 wrestlers in the WHC match and 6 in the WWE Championship match. When the match was at WrestleMania, participants varied between 6, 7 and 8 guys. I see them going with at least 7 or 8 guys, especially if they're only going to have a single MITB match at this year's show. I think the participants will be:

Roman Reigns - I don't think WWE is going to rush into pushing Reigns to the moon because I think he's going to need time to establish himself as a singles wrestler apart from any connection with The Shield. I think he'll get a strong push towards the upper mid-card, but I don't see him winning the title this year. MITB is a perfect spot for Reigns because...well why not? MITB is often used as a showcase for guys that WWE intends to elevate, so why should it be any different with Reigns?

Bray Wyatt - Take just about everything I said regarding Roman Reigns and apply it to Wyatt. IF he faces Cena at WrestleMania and IF he goes over, then it's a guarantee that Bray Wyatt will be in the MITB match.

Cesaro - Cesaro has been on a roll as of late with a string of killer matches. Even though he's lost two of those three matches, nobody can deny that he's been elevated significantly. The fact that Cesaro suddenly found himself in the Elimination Chamber is an indicator that WWE has some significant plans for him. MITB is another potential showcase for Cesaro to elevate himself.

John Cena - There's almost always at least one or two heavily established guys in these matches. It won't be packed entirely with guys in the process of being elevated out of worry that there won't be enough star power added. I can see Cena's feud with Bray Wyatt, IF it does go down with a match between them at WrestleMania, continuing afterward and into the summer months. So, it's logical to think both Cena & Wyatt will be here if they eventually feud.

Christian - If Christian goes heel, I can see him continuing a campaign for "one more match." Seeing that there's talk of Christian possibly leaving WWE when his current deal is up, coupled with the fact that he's not going to be a major star for much longer considering he's now in his 40s, I could see WWE trying to get the most out of the time they have left with him. Besides, Christian's been in tons of ladder matches before, so having a ladder match "aficionado", if you will as part of the line up makes sense.

Dean Ambrose - If Dean Ambrose is in the middle of a feud with Roman Reigns, which I think is likely by the time WrestleMania is over with, then I can also see him in this match as part of a continuation of that feud. I've no clue if Ambrose will be US champ by then or not, or even if WWE intends to unify both the US & IC title. Either way, I see him in the match.

Big E - Same with Big E as with Ambrose. He may or may not be IC champ by then and WWE may unify it with the US title. Either way, Big E's another guy that, according to reports, is going to be elevated this year.

Rob Van Dam - IF RVD comes back in time for WrestleMania, I could see WWE putting him in this match. The purpose could be for some additional star power and there's always at least one major high flyer in these matches to help pull off some big spots.

Possible Alternates

Kofi Kingston - I could see Kofi in this match simply for the spots. There were reports a little while back of him being repackaged, but I haven't read anything current. Either way, Kofi fits the requirement for a high flyer, so he's a possibility.

Sheamus - Sheamus is a 3 time World Champion in WWE, so he can add some degree of star power to the match. However, since he suffered significant injury at MITB last year, maybe they'd be reluctant to include him this year.

Cody Rhodes - Cody Rhodes had a great showing in the WHC MITB match last year. By the time it comes around this year, I think he could be feuding with Goldust. If I'm not mistaken, Goldust's current deal extends into SummerSlam, so maybe a feud finally comes about with Goldust costing Cody the match. It's hard to speculate right now about Cody & Goldie as they seem to be a little all over the place right now.

Since there's only going to be one MITB match this year I'm expecting probably 10 people to be competing and the people I WANT to see in the match this year are:

1. Roman Reigns
2. Dean Ambrose
3. Seth Rollins
4. Bray Wyatt
5. Dolph Ziggler
6. Bad News Barrett
7. Cody Rhodes
8. Titus O' Neal
9. Sin Cara (assuming he is still around)/ Evan Bourne
10. Cesaro

I feel that these 10 guys have the potential to put on a hell of a match considering there is a good amount of heavyweights, middleweights, and cruiserweights that would be able to hit a number of different crazy spots throughout the match. Plus I think most of these guys are ready for a World Title push (Ziggler, Cesaro, Barrett, Reigns, Wyatt) and any of those 5 can can have a succesful lengthy run.

If I had to pick a winner, I would have to go with Cesaro since I just think the guy is incredible and can do things that nobody else can do with ease. Add in the fact that he is 33 years old and one of the hardest workers in the biz and I think he deserves it.

With only one world title I think we have to consider theirs not as much room for a jack swagger flop champion. Guys like Kofi, Barret, Cearo need another solid year of being built up. Sin cara shouldn't even be in it..

So with that in mind Id say Reigns, rollins, ambrose , whyat, Big E, Cesaro, RVD/Jericho/ henry depending who's around, Titus

I would go with

Seth Rollins
Cesaro
John Cena
Dean Ambrose
Christian
Bray Wyatt
Cody Rhodes
Evan Bourne if he returns in time,
If not Bourne Sami Zayn.
I wouldn't put Reigns in the match, because he is already going to be made a star in the company, and it is pretty obvious they are going to do so. Many people are just assuming they go with only 1 Mitb match, but what if they go with 2 matches? The obvious choice is to go with an IC Mitb match, but what if you had one for a tag title shot? It may sound crazy, but what if you had it be a standard 8 man match, and the winner gets the shot with a partner of his choice? Ultimately, this could end with a great rivalry where one team member uses his contract with someone completely different.

I'd leave in Kofi and take out Bray. I don't really like Bray in this match because it doesn't suit his character. But let's say it is Bray who wins it, what would help his character would be if he's the last man to enter, he walk down and then he blows out the lantern, and when the light come on back on he's on his rocking chair and Harper and Rowan fight for him. Until the last 5/7 mins of the match where he gets up and enters the ring and fights for a while until he gets the briefcase.

Lol to all of these list you guys have made. There is only one world title so MITB will look more like this...Cena, DB, Orton ,Sheamus, Batista, maybe Reigns if he's lucky. It will be all former champs and proven stars.

It's quite early to predict and they may have one more than one ladder match (perhaps a contract for a mid-card title) but this is what I'll say:

John Cena - there is no obvious feud for him post Mania. He will probably not be in the title picture and he is a big name to have in this match

Sheamus - Same with Cena really. Big name to give credibility to this match

Dolph Ziggler - Former World Champ. Good worker and is, I suppose, a threat to the World Champion.

Dean Ambrose - The Shield will probably be split and I reckon he will have dropped the US belt. Ambrose can be a top heel and would therefore be a threat

Cesaro - He is set to get a big push and belongs with these big names. Right now he isn't a top guy but there is time for him to become a star.

The Miz - Former World Champ and MITB winner. Credible name.

I'm not sure who else. Maybe Swagger and Rhodes but there are others like Reigns, Rollins and Bryan. I think Cena is a good shout to win or even Cesaro, giving him his first World Title.

This all does depend on how the WWE Title picture plays out and how it effects all the other feuds.

For example, if Bryan gets inserted into the title picture at Mania and wins it, chances are he'll either still be holding it, or cashing in his rematch clause after he loses it at Payback or something. If he stays out of it until MITB then absolutely he can for the briefcase.

You can say the same for all the names people have mentioned above. I would hold out on predictions until we know exactly where things are going

With only one world title I think we have to consider theirs not as much room for a jack swagger flop champion. Guys like Kofi, Barret, Cearo need another solid year of being built up. Sin cara shouldn't even be in it..
I put Sin Cara there because he can hit some awesome spots in this match...
And I agree Cesaro and Barrett need some more time but they have a year to cash in so, it's not like they have to be thrust in right away. Plus CM Punk won it early and look how he blew up.

I put Sin Cara there because he can hit some awesome spots in this match...
And I agree Cesaro and Barrett need some more time but they have a year to cash in so, it's not like they have to be thrust in right away. Plus CM Punk won it early and look how he blew up.

I'd say Wyatt, Barrett, swagger, ziggler, miz, Ambrose, Rollins, Rhodes, reigns and kofi.

The problem with so many guys being in it would be the way the wwe, sells the champion as the face of the company. They're aren't ten guys that you could feasibly see as the face of the wwe. They don't believe in ziggler, Barrett, Rollins or kofi. Miz and swagger have had runs but none in the last couple years.

It would have to be either Wyatt or reigns. Neither one of them need it because both are destined to be front and center for years to come. The wwe would probably rather see reigns get it but I think the creative possibilities with bray having a title match anytime he wants. That has a hostile takeover storyline written all over it

I going to assume that DB would be the current WWEHC at the time, so.....

1. Cena - Obvious
2. Reigns - Will continue his domination of gimmick matches
3. Sheamus - Probably won't have anything else to do
4. Cesaro - Uppercut off a ladder anyone? :D
5. Bray- Will be a scary as hell contender, especially with Rowan and Harper around
6. Ambrose - Future Big Heel, needs big showcases like this
7. Orton - Last Year's winner, will look to repeat
8. Kofi - He's this generation's Shelton Benjamin, destined to never win the briefcase but will still wow us trying

Maybes
Rollins - 8 already seems like it's pushing it, so I wasn't going to add hm at 9. Still would be great to see what he would do there
BNB - I don't know how it would really work but a funny image in my head is him getting on some sort of raising podium to try to get to the briefcase. Sure people are going to stop him from succeeding, but it would be hilarious to watch it happen
Sandow - Another winner from last year, maybe they'll let him try to redeem himself
Rusev - I'm guessing his monster-type push will be over before then, but if not look for him to cause some hurt at MITB

Why is NO one considering Dolph Ziggler again?? He needs another push. I think that once he was injured with the concussion the WWE was quick to drop him from the title. Not to mention how he lost it was BS. I think the fans would be all over another run, barring a setback. He still get major pops and has the talent and mic skills.

Now Bray seems like the shoe in to win MITB. It is time for a true heel to win. But I think Bray isn't ready to be Champion just yet. Maybe a huge win over Cena in a 5 star match will sway my argument. But it HAS to be 5 star, or I'm not sold.

HOWEVER, Cesaro is my dark horse. Can you imagine a super uppercut from Cesaro on someone coming off the ladder. Can you say RYU!!!!!!! Or a huge giant swing on someone that ends up knocking all the ladders over while people are on them? Thats called 'FSU' (F***ing S*** UP) People would go absolutely INSANE. Plus having Cesaro with MITB would be pretty awesome, especially if he is still alligned with Zeb.

Why is NO one considering Dolph Ziggler again?? He needs another push. I think that once he was injured with the concussion the WWE was quick to drop him from the title. Not to mention how he lost it was BS. I think the fans would be all over another run, barring a setback. He still get major pops and has the talent and mic skills.

Now Bray seems like the shoe in to win MITB. It is time for a true heel to win. But I think Bray isn't ready to be Champion just yet. Maybe a huge win over Cena in a 5 star match will sway my argument. But it HAS to be 5 star, or I'm not sold.

HOWEVER, Cesaro is my dark horse. Can you imagine a super uppercut from Cesaro on someone coming off the ladder. Can you say RYU!!!!!!! Or a huge giant swing on someone that ends up knocking all the ladders over while people are on them? Thats called 'FSU' (F***ing S*** UP) People would go absolutely INSANE. Plus having Cesaro with MITB would be pretty awesome, especially if he is still alligned with Zeb.

Love Dolph but I think he's still in the doghouse he got himself in with his comments from last year. Hopefully for him time heals all wounds, or in his case heat. At this point I don't see Dolph even being in PPVs, much less a main event like MITB. That and there's so many other people to push right now, so it's not a surprise to see Dolph on the outside looking in. Probably would've been a shoe in if there were MITB matches though.

As for your Cesaro Swing idea.....yeah I'm sorry as crazy as it would be to see it it's just too darn dangerous.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back