Who should be Braun Strowman's opponent be at Wrestlemania?

Discussion in 'WWE Pay Per Views' started by Rulk25, Nov 20, 2017.

?

Who should Braun Strowman's opponent be at Wrestlemania?

1. Miz IC Title

2. Baron Corbin Us Title

3. Samoa Joe

4. Finn Balor

5. Bray Wyatt

6. John Cena

7. Randy Orton

8. HHH

9. Goldberg

10. Andre the Giant Memorial Battle Royal

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Rulk25

Rulk25 Getting Noticed By Management

Braun has been one of the most well received young talents in awhile and desrves a good match at Mania. Who should that be

Miz IC Title
    Although Miz wont put on a great match he can put on a greast build up and it would be Braun's first title

Corbin Us Title
    Now this requires a bit of cross branding to do but would work same as Miz except a better match with a man more in his wheelhouse

Samoa Joe
    Nothing prettyu just two smash mouth type guys in a fight

Finn Balor
    The Monster vs the Demon. Perhaps with a reunited Club as back up

Bray Wyatt
    On the surface the most obvious and also perhaps the most disappointing

John Cena
    Nuff said

RKO
    Yes another cross promo but he is a veteran who could give Braun a real fight especially no holds barred

Andre the Giant memorial Battle Royal
    There are some here who arent impressed and so I give them the jobber match for them to vote on

HHH
    Before last night I would have said this match had no chance....no chance in hell. But now I think it could happen

Goldberg
    Perhaps the biggest long shot but it could happen. Goldberg hhas not ruled out one more match. Vince loves old guys to spike buys and Braun would be the best guy to make Bill ride off into the sunset..It can be billed as the man who even Brock had a hard time with and it took him 4 times to figure him out

2. A11oftheLights

A11oftheLights Getting Noticed By Management

Of the options available, Goldberg is the best option. I think bringing in a part time legend to be squashed by Braun is the way to go. However no legend is going to come in on a part time basis to be squashed unless they're offered a huge sum of cash. It let's Braun look super strong, to the casual fan at least, but doesnt have to completely destroy someone actually on the roster

3. Jack-Hammer

Jack-Hammer YOU WILL RESPECT MY AUTHORITAH!!!!
    Staff Member Moderator

Of all the options, I think John Cena is the one who has the best chance of having an actually good, entertaining match.

Braun Strowman has been fun to watch, but WWE is backing themselves into a corner, to some degree, as they've built Strowman so successfully over the course of the last 12 months or so as this unstoppable beast. When it comes to Strowman going up against any mid-card champion, Strowman is at such a level that I think most fans would almost rather the champ just hand the belt to Strowman. :p Also, if given a choice, I'd rather see Strowman take on Lesnar for the Universal Championship instead of Roman Reigns but, of course, we won't be given a choice as Vince is firmly charted his course with Roman Reigns.

Cena is someone that'll be able to help Strowman have a good match, plus it'll be an example of a part timer participating in a match that'll actually be a rub for a young talent on the roster instead of two older guys going at it for a big paycheck and just because Vince wants to see it.

4. alynxs

alynxs Dark Match Jobber

Personally i think Strowman needs to lose about 20 pounds and to receive a new attire (short pants like Lesnar), and without any shirt or undershirt. He needs to be the modern monster. OK, he started with Wyatt Family, WWE can keep this for a while, but also Orton or Bryan was in that family, so moving to a new attire and losing some pounds would make him like a legit MMA fighter.

If Lesnar leaves after WM, then i would make Lesnar vs Strowman at WM, with Strowman destroying Lesnar, and if Vince really wants to make Reigns the guy, he can have Reigns have a win against Strowman at the next Wrestlemania or at Summerslam.

5. ShinChan

ShinChan Gone. For. Good.

John Cena would be the best option. Braun Strowman already was in Andre The Giant Battle Royal this year. And he didn't even win that. Triple H could be good but it looks like he's going for Kurt Angle.

I love the way Braun Strowman is being built gradually. He isn't being forced. He has been the best thing about Raw the whole year and therefore, he should get at least Cena if not the World Title match.

6. Rulk25

Rulk25 Getting Noticed By Management

Yeah I did not even include Roman or Brock as I felt there was a better chance of seeing Braun vs Enzo for the CW title than Vince breaking up HIS main event

7. Spencesc11

Spencesc11 Getting Noticed By Management

If your going to have the Survivor Series Main Event end like it did then it has to be Stroman vs. HHH. And here is how you build it.....

1) Keep them apart for awhile.
    2) Have Stroman continue to comment how even the C.O.O. is scared of him
    3) Then at Royal Rumble you have HHH eliminate Stroman from the Rumble with a sneak attack after Stroman eliminates someone else.
    4) The next night on Raw, Stroman comes out and demands HHH answer for this.
    5) The Game comes out and says you want the King of Kings then at Wrestlemania you got him. No DQ, No Countout, Falls count anywhere.

8. Big Nick Dudley

Personally, I'd put him in the Battle Royal because I don't think he's any good (and I have no idea how he's so popular among smarks).

Clearly I'm in the minority, though. I would do the HHH match. Someone in the office likes him. If it's HHH, he will put him over. If it's Vince, he will make HHH put him over.

He could also retire The Undertaker, which would be a bit odd considering Reigns seemingly already did.

9. Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D.

Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. Kamehamehaaaaa!!

I had hopes of a big match-up between Strowman and The Miz for the IC Championship, but that seems to be off the table for now. Him vs Undertaker would be cool, 10 years ago.

Strowman vs a legend (Rock, Goldberg, Cena, Triple H) is always welcome. But o matter who he faces, Strowman has to win.

I don't see Triple H losing again. I don't see Rock coming back, nor Goldberg. It comes down to Cena, but we've seen this match already.

IMO, Strowman should face a heel. He just turned face and if he's going to become a big time player, WWE need to push him as a face and keep him away from the world title until Wrestlemania 35. But he also needs a big match for Wrestlemania.

I don't care who Strowman faces, as long as:
    a) it's a heel
    b) Strowman wins
    c) It's treated as a big match

But just for the lulz, I'd love to see Strowman destroy Triple H. Judging from RAW, it looks as they are planning on 3 HHH matches: Angle, Jordan and Strowman. HHH could beat Angle and Jordan before Mania in order to gather heat and then use this heat to propel Strowman. That's a smart plan.

Angle could face Rollins at Wrestlemania, who also needs a big time match-up.

10. Spencesc11

Best way to push Stroman to the top and leave him there....

1) Have HHH screw him over in the Rumble
    2) Have him destroy HHH at Mania
    3) Have him beat Reigns at Summerslam for the Universal Title
    4) Have him defend the Universal Title at Wrestlemania 35 vs. John Cena and win

11. sMark

sMark Getting Noticed By Management

Strowman should be in Andre Battle Royal where he can eliminate absolutely everyone, and then swith brands and go for the SD title.

12. Greg4WWE

Greg4WWE Pre-Show Stalwart

Should have just waited for Stroman and Kane at Mania. Kane is a heel, would get Braun even more over, and it would be a win.

13. Aeon Mathix

Aeon Mathix Has Ascended

I would prefer to see Braun Strowman in the Universal Championship picture, possibly by winning the Royal Rumble. He's got the crowd behind him and has been consistently one of the most entertaining parts of Raw over the last year. A feat I don't think any of us predicted would have happened when he first debuted with the Wyatt Family, but wrestling is a funny place sometimes.

I know it's pretty set in stone that it will be Roman Reigns taking on Brock Lesnar for the strap in New Orleans, and I would say hopefully they change their minds about it but seeing how things have gone the last 3 WrestleManias I don't think that's going to be a possibility. Whoever Braun ends up facing whether it be Reigns, Lesnar, Triple H etc. I hope it's on a prominent spot on the card as he certainly deserves it after this year he's had.

14. adam

adam Pre-Show Stalwart

It's going to be HHH at WM. Depending on how Roman's title run goes,
    he'd be in line for a title shot at SS but remember the WWE does not like
    to put their belts on their super heavy weights. It's just not realistic to have
    good matches with the many 220 lbers like Seth Rollins for nobody in their right minds would buy a 220 lb guy would beat a 385 lb guy.

15. Wolf Pac

Wolf Pac Mid-Card Championship Winner

Triple H, Goldberg or The Undertaker if he decides to come back.

I'd say Cena too as an option but I think Cena is going to face Samoa Joe after what happened at Survivor Series between the two.

16. Psykohurricane55

Psykohurricane55 Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Let'S face it, even if he lost some big time matches this year, Braun Strowman is probably the most protected guy on the roster right now and now that the Roman Reigns project is finish and they it became somewhat of a success, They will focus more time in making Strowman the next main event monsters, so technically, he'S the next one to be shove down fans throat like some fans like to say.

So having said that, i feel you need to put him in a big marquee match at mania and he just go through that guy in a five minutes match and while i don'T see HHH as somebody that can still draw and make somebody, he is a megastar and who better to make Strowman look strong then HHH by having strowman steamroll him at mania and pretty much retire him like he did with big show and probably will do with Kane soon.

17. #hamler

#hamler Trending Worldwide.

Pretty much this.

Last year it seems Braun was simply overlooked and tossed into the Andre The Giant memorial battle royal just to get him on the card. After an incredible year as one of Raw's most interesting gems, he derseves to be front and center on that Wrestlemania poster - no matter who it's with.

There seems to be seeds planted for a Triple H feud. While that may not have been WWE's intentions, the live crowd certainly liked the idea as shown on RAW last Monday with their reaction. It would probably be one of the most fun feuds we've had in a while. Cena another obvious choice, pairs up two guys with muscles in places I don't even have places. A good powerhouse match up is something anyone could enjoy. Bray Wyatt, Brock Lesnar, Miz, Goldberg - they all provide interesting foes for the monster among men going into Wrestlemania season.

But like we all said, Strowman deserves something big and wrestling someone big promises it'll deliver.

18. HORRORHOLIC

HORRORHOLIC Pre-Show Stalwart

He SHOULD face Brock Lesnar but we all know that's not gonna happen.

19. Spencesc11

Couldn't agree more. The fans want Lesnar vs. Stroman at Mania so give it to them. But add to the intrigue by making it a Cage Match.

Rumble Final 4 - Reigns, Cena, Owens, & Stroman (Stroman eliminates each one of them with Owens the last one).

Reigns could have a nice secondary match defending his I-C Title vs. Samoa Joe.

20. BigDaddyKewl

BigDaddyKewl Getting Noticed By Management

Even though The Wyatt family is a foot note in Strowman's career I would still like to see a Bray Wyatt vs Braun Strowman. We never got to see the falling out of Strowman and the Wyatts, they teased a feud in last years Survivor Series build up with Bray saying he gave Strowman the keys to the kingdom. They did also have a brief interaction in last years 10 man tag at Survivor Series. I think if you built up Bray again and reunite the family with Harper and Rowan aligning with Bray they could really be a threat for Strowman to overcome. It seems unlikely that Strowman is going to be in the title picture at Wrestlemania and it gets Bray Wyatt on the card with someone he has history with.

21. rge2010

rge2010 Mid-Card Championship Winner

Looks to me like Triple H is planting seeds for his Wrestlemania match. I believe that will be against Kurt Angle OR Braun Strowman.

If he fights Strowman then where does that leave Kurt Angle? Maybe Jason Jordan can betray him.

22. Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D.

Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. Kamehamehaaaaa!!

Or maybe we can get Rollins vs Angle. Jordan vs Angle is just not right. Or even Joe vs Angle (but I doubt WWE will redo a TNA classic) or Balor vs Angle. But Rollins vs Angle would be my pick.

Reigns vs Lesnar
    Rollins vs Angle
    Strowman vs Triple H

RAW's top 3 most over wrestlers vs RAW's top three veterans. Why not?

23. kadroan

kadroan King Of The Ring

I'm hoping it's HHH. HHH vs. Angle is nice for nostalgia reasons but it would be forgotten.

I would like to think Braun is more relevant than Angle in terms of Youtube views, ticket sales, merchandise. HHH putting over Strowman would huge.

24. Jeff Deliverer of Mail

Jeff Deliverer of Mail Money for nothin, chicks for free
    E-Fed Mod

I want Braun Strowman to be Universal Champion at Wrestlemania but from all the rumors going around it looks like the script is already written and printed for that title. I'd go with Bray Wyatt with a storyline that he still has some kind of "Hold" over Braun's mind and for weeks he wills the man on, he does and destroys whatever Bray tells him to until Braun snaps and says no more, Wyatt vs Strowman at Wrestlemania and make it a hardcore match.

25. adam

adam Pre-Show Stalwart

Personally I'd go with a triple threat match for the Universal belt with Roman and Brock.