Who is the future?

Discussion in 'World Wrestling Entertainment' started by wwetnadudez, Apr 24, 2018.

1. wwetnadudez

wwetnadudez Getting Noticed By Management

WWE has an amazing roster right, it is stacked with great characters, excellent talkers and world class wrestlers.

What I've been wondering is with all of the talent on hand, the WWEs future seems to be in great shape and I really want to know who you guys think will be carrying the company in the next five to seven years.

I think we will see a lot of departures between now and then such as John Cena, AJ Styles, Randy Orton and Daniel Bryan. Maybe these guys become part timers or step away from the ring full time but I don't believe the company will be built around them in 2023.

I feel like Roman Reigns, Seth Rollins and Alister Black will be the Cena - Punk - Orton level guys who will be on the top while guys like Ricochet, Lars Sullivan, Dean Ambrose, Braun Strowman, EC3 will fill out the main event scene.

The WWE will obviously continue its signing spree and I think the biggest pick up WWE wil get is Matt Riddle, the dude has future WWE champion written all over him.

I don't see Balor, Nakamura, Rusev, Lashley, Corbin, Jason Jordan, Velveteen Dream, Gargano, Ciampa, Adam Cole etc being more than the mid card secondary title holders for the company.

Who do you guys think are the true top tier attractions the company will have in 5 years?

2. shooter_mcgavin

shooter_mcgavin Mid-Card Championship Winner

Ronda Rousey? I mean who came out at WM as the biggest star? The answer was Rousey and could be a legit draw for the company. Heck even thinking about WM35 the only fitting main event for that show is Rousey vs. Charlotte.

3. LibSuperstar

LibSuperstar Occasional Pre-Show

That's the word right now. Of course it remains to be seen but women main eventing WM is the move.

4. UncleSav4ge

UncleSav4ge Dark Match Jobber

Alister Black all the way, I see him as a main event superstar all day, and ( IN MY OPINION ) the next undertaker type of attraction ( please don't hate me for that comment :rolleyes: ), and don't put Adam Cole down the list, he is great when given the chance and a main even superstar as well, I just hope they would let him shine more as a single wrestler, not with a group all the time if you know what I mean.

And keep in mind that if WWE gets Omega / Scurll and other great wrestlers then we will have an entirely different conversation.

LibSuperstar likes this.
  5. Joseph718YaHurd

Joseph718YaHurd Dark Match Winner

Definitely agree with UncleSav, Aleister Black is being polished to be the next Undertaker-esque character and I'm all for that tbh. He has the charisma, in ring ability and the natural mystique of his character alone to pull it off, albeit in his own way and not just a knock off Taker. I'm also rooting for Dream, been a big fan of him for a while now and with a lil tweak in character he could probably make it big time on the main roster. Adam Cole is great all around, I'm excited to see what happens when he's called up to the Main ! It's a good time to be a wrestling fan forreal so many young prospects ready to shake things up a bit it's actually refreshing

6. Rulk25

Rulk25 Getting Noticed By Management

I think it will depend on who is guiding the company
    If its Vince then Corbin and Lashley will be a top guy and guys like Ric and Dean will be mid carders
    Now if its HHH Ric Gragano and Cole will be on top

Now one guy you failed to mention that I think will be towards the top under ether regime is Almas....He is the Hispanic star they have wanted...got charisma, got talent, no issues...He can be what Eddie could have been

Jack-Hammer likes this.
  7. Joseph718YaHurd

Joseph718YaHurd Dark Match Winner

Almas is one of my favorite performers atm, no doubt he reaches those same heights as Eddie Guerrero or even Del Rio on the main roster with the work ethic he has been showing as of late.

Don't hate me for saying this , either lol but Zelina is the best thing to happen to him thus far. They are highly entertaining together imo.

8. the_peoples_adam

the_peoples_adam heROCKules

There's lot of guys from NXT that can be that Adam Cole, Aleister Black, EC3 , Gargano etc...and in the main roster we have Rollins Reigns Elias Strowman Corbin Ambrose Balor Cass etc...
    But I don't think WWE will depend on one superstar to carry the company from here on...Hogan and Austin became the main players because they got the crowd on their back more than anyone and people only had pure love for them...Cena became the poster boy because he had the talent , passion and dedication to do it above everyone else... But in the current roster I don't see anyone having anything that all the above legends in their respective era's had.. .So I think everybody will be or should be given equal priority..Or it will be dangerous and will backfire if selected wrong..
    But still until Vince is running things if rumours are true it's Roman Corbin and Strowman for now and that's not good for the business..

9. wwetnadudez

I believe Ronda will be a huge star in the next couple of years and will main event Mania but I mean 5 or 7 years down the line do you see the company being built around her? I honestly don't think so. She's a huge womens ambassador but no other women matches her star power and you can only do Charlotte/Asuka/Banks/Shayna Vs. Ronda so many times.

10. wwetnadudez

Completely forgot to mention Almas. The dude will be much bigger than Del Rio if he is booked strong. Andrade has consistently put on some of the best matches in the company this past year and Zelina has done a phenomenal job as his manager and hopefully that duo is not broken up. Andrade is definitely a future main event star and a huge ambassador for the company.

11. Ceen

Ceen Occasional Pre-Show

Reigns, obviously (Vince)
    Probably, in long terms, Roman Reigns, Braun Strowman, Seth Rollins, Finn Balor, Kevin Owens, NXT’s Aleister Black and NXT’s Adam Cole are my picks. We have the era of a lot of big upper carders, so we can have a lot of big talent and not a clear TOP5. Also Kenny Omega and Cody Rhodes if they go to WWE. But a lot of talent, AJ, Bryan, Joe, Sami, Elias, Cien, Drew, ... Are gonna be there too. It’s a uncertain era but it’s that what makes it better

12. shooter_mcgavin

shooter_mcgavin Mid-Card Championship Winner

Maybe not 5 or 7 but Austin and The Rock were seen as the future of the WWE at the time and both only had 4 or 5 year run at the top at most.

As for Reigns I can't see him being the future unfortunately. They have tried 4 years with him and still he hasn't panned out. He's not terrible or anything and you could put him in some top programs but as "the guy" I just don't see it.

13. rge2010

rge2010 Mid-Card Championship Winner

Aliester Black looks the obvious choice - not sure he will be 'the face' but he could be an attraction like Andre, Undertaker and Lesnar before him.

I don't see WWE giving up on Reigns just yet. They persisted in Cena and nobody can deny he was/is 'the man'. I don't see a Rock or Austin anywhere on the horizon.

Balor, Rollins, Ambrose will be big players for years to come.

14. Vintage Punk

Vintage Punk Pre-Show Stalwart

I think they'll need to turn Reigns heel first and then down the line he'll get over after going the heel route. Hell, even Cena was a heel for awhile before he went full face. Rollins will be in the mix up there as he's an incredible in ring talent and I've always thought was the standout in the Shield. Not sure why Vince wanted Reigns so bad instead of Rollins as he's more suited in being the "man." I think Aleister Black in that Taker type role where he's dark but a badass too. Gargano will be in the Daniel Bryan mold as the smaller underdog guy who fights for everything and tries to overcome the odds. Adam Cole could be that Shawn Michaels esque type of performer. It would be nice for them to eventually sign Kenny Omega but it seems like he's content in NJPW. Ricochet maybe pushed like a Rey Misterio. Strowman will continue to be the big man ala a Big Show in his prime. Miz will eventually elevate to the main event. He already has main event talent for promos but just needs to be pushed and improve some on his in-ring work. I can also see Cody possibly returning and being pushed more than he was before. However, they need to push these guys and start retiring guys like Goldust, Truth, Big Show, Kane, etc.

15. MillionDollarMan

MillionDollarMan Occasional Pre-Show

McIntyre, Ricochet, EC3.

16. LibSuperstar

LibSuperstar Occasional Pre-Show

My money's on Ricochet and Carter.

17. wrestlingmasters55

wrestlingmasters55 Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

If they don'T burned him out, i would say Braun Strowman is the future. the thing is Roman reigns is pretty much the present of the company, the guy is the top star of the raw brand even if the fans doesn't like it, it doesn't change the fact that Reigns is the biggest money making star they have on raw right now and Aj Styles is the same way on smackdown. So the next in line his Braun strowman, the problem with Strowman is that he's very limited in the ring. The guy is very entertaining but he can't go 20, 25 minutes and still entertain the crowd, so that's why they should take it slow with him which it seem like that's what Vince his doing. They know what makes him popular and they give that to the fans. Strowman could be the next big name for years to come in WWE if they continue his growth on tv and let him learn how to sell and how to keep fans interested in his matches if they go more then 5 minutes. Have him learn how to tell a story in the ring. Right now, he's on the right path but it just need one mistake like giving him the universal title to quickly for him becoming just another guy.

18. nagami

nagami New Member

Pretty interesting postinghttp://************/isna/3/o.png

19. Vintage Punk

Vintage Punk Pre-Show Stalwart

Like many have said, Aleister Black will definitely be up there as a Taker esque guy as long as they don't handle him like they did Bray Wyatt. Wyatt could've been that type but they booked him horribly and his words meant shit after losing over and over again. Let me get this outta the way too. I don't hate Roman but I just think WWE is missing the mark on this guy and the agenda to push him to be main event level. I think they should focus their energy in pushing Seth Rollins to that level. Stop with whatever they're doing with Roman and turn him heel. Balor has fell way down since NXT. He doesn't even do his demon entrances anymore which endured him to fans. The way he's going is midcard for life in the future. I think Gargano can take the place on Daniel Bryan as that never give up underdog. Adam Cole needs to be booked in the same vain as a Shawn Michaels when he gets to the main roster. I'm unsure about a guy like Ricochet as Vince loves his big guys and I'd hate for him to get relegated to 205 Live or something like that. Almas is great with Zelina Vega however, the one thing that will hold him back is not being able to speak English. If he could learn to do that then he could be main event level with his awesome in ring work, look, manager, and swagger. Lars will be just another big mean guy but that's probably it. They need to handle Velveteen right when he eventually comes up because he has star in the making and charisma. The thing is with many of these NXT guys that come up to the main roster, they get shafted and pushed to the side. It's hard for guys to get over when they aren't featured for weeks on end. Here's looking at you Authors of Pain, Tye Dillinger, Revival, etc

LibSuperstar likes this.