Who is currently the fan favorite?

MartialHorror

Mid-Card Championship Winner
There is always a trendy wrestler who fans tend to gravitate towards, even if they aren't one of the upper level performers.

In 2014, Daniel Bryan was definitely that guy, so much so that it elevated him into the Title Scene. But then he got injured and Dolph Ziggler took his place. But then bad booking and worse writing seems to have eaten away at the fans enthusiasm, so it seems like he gets mild reactions these days (Is it just me or does he look very unhappy right now? He looks like he has been phoning it in the past few months). After Ziggler cooled down, Damien Sandow took his place and for some stupid reason he was taken off TV and when he finally returned...fans didn't seem to remember him.

But now who is it? It doesn't seem like the WWE Universe is going crazy for anyone right now? Roman, Brock, Ambrose...they're all over, but there are times when the crowds seem a little apathetic.

I think the fans are still pining for Daniel Bryan's return. I don't think there is any particular fan favorite at this current moment. Anyone what was is either getting bury booked or has not been on T.V. for some time.
Finn Balor and Kevin Owens are the IRC fan faves...

I think the mounting injuries have sucked a bit of the enthusiasm out of crowds as there really is quite a number of holes in the roster currently. If I had to pick which guy is there consistently and is almost always cheered I'd have to go with Ambrose. Reigns still gets a smattering of boos in some places and Brock just isn't around enough so it's hard to tell how people would react if he was on TV every week. The good news is that whenever some of the guys currently on the injured list start to come back we're in for some big pops.

Anyone but Roman it feels like.

Even Cena has been getting chants, without even being on TV.

This is actually an issue. Wwe doesn't seem to have a top heel, and the top face they have isn't connecting completely with the fans.
We are on the "Road to Wrestlemania" and we have most of wwe's main eventers(Orton, Cena, Rollins) on the injury list. Only 3 of the guys in the mid-card have any relevance(Ambrose, Owens, Wyatt) and the Tag team scene is "heel team" vs The Usos.
No one in wwe currently gets any consistant reaction(not counting Lesnar).
I remember the days gms would say someone's name and they would either get a loud boo or cheer, depending on who it was. On Raw Paul Heyman mention that if you get the wwe network this Sunday you will be able to see...
Lesnar vs Del Rio....nothing
Lesnar vs Sheamus....nothing
Lesnar vs Dean Ambrose....a VERY low, 2 sec woo
Lesnar vs Jericho...

Right now there are only four(3) "fan favorites" and the top I would have to say is Roman Reigns. The Usos are just there. And Ambrose has lost momentum due to being booked as Reigns's sidekick(but to be fair he wan't doing anything else). I strongly feel like wwe had the chance to have a "Jeff Hardy" like fan favorite in Kalisto, had they pushed him as the U.S champion:disappointed:. I don't know if fans will still react the same if he wins it at the RR, but when he won it on Raw the fans reactions were big.

It seems like the only way wwe knows how to get guys over is with "underdog" stories. I wish they would realise that guys like Batista, RVD, Edge, Jeff, Orton, etc didn't become popular because they were booked as underdogs, there are other ways of getting these new guys over.

Not important but***(I wish the Shield break up was booked similar to Evolutions. Rollins(Flair) and Reigns(Batista) turn on Ambrose(orton), Reigns eventually becomes a huge face turning on Triple H and Rollins. And they could still have had Rollins booked the same way)***

Brock Lesnar. His appearances are always anticipated when he's set to appear. There's nobody on the roster as polarizing and larger than life as Brock Lesnar. He's an anti-hero who gets massive cheers regardless if he attacks heels or face wrestlers and it has been that way since he returned to WWE. I haven't seen anyone who stays this over to the crowd this long. One could argue The Undertaker but many have been calling for him to hang it up. It's hard to believe despite breaking into the business in the early 00's that he's just 38 years old and at his current schedule, can worker matches well into his 40s.

Honorable Mention: Ambrose from a reaction standpoint is more over than anyone else that regularly competes on the roster. Many will argue Kevin Owens and a list of others but I hear nobody getting cheers on the level of Ambrose, not even Reigns. He has gold and he's in the middle of a feud with one of the top heels. Many think he should turn heel but I highly disagree with that idea.

Dean Ambrose might be the fan favorite now.. There's really nobody else who gets a bigger pop that he does.

Brock Lesnar gets little to no reaction, he doesn't get booed, he gets cheered occasionally but not as much as he should.

Roman Reigns is over with majority of the fans, but his pops aren't as big as they could be either.

It's gotta be Ambrose.

Dolph Ziggler. No matter how much Vince buries him, he still gets an enormous reaction. He's still insanely over with the crowd and they want to see him at the top.

Dean Ambrose consistently gets the best pops of the night wherever he is. With the other's it's hit and miss. Reigns still gets boo'd at times, and Ziggler get's alright noise. But it has to be Ambrose. The guy is crazy over and has been since he went after Rollins after the Shield break up.

Its really "The Lunatic Fringe" Dean Ambrose! He always gets a huge pop whenever he appears. Cesaro too before injury got good pops.(Missing this guy too much :disappointed:)

As far as the heels are concerned, Its a tie between Kevin Owens & Bray Wyatt. I love these 2 guys' personas. :blush:

:devil:

The biggest pop is generally Reigns. Ambrose gets a decent a pop. Ziggler sometimes gets the fans up. Cena usually gets the best reaction when he's full time (which hasn't been since like September or whatever)

Of the people not injured and currently active, Ambrose gets the biggest and most consistent positive reactions from the crowd.

Reigns gets a mixed reaction at best, full chorus of boo's at it's worst and dead silence during many promos unfortunately. I would put Roman currently behind guys like Ziggler and the Uso's.

If you count guys that are out or coming, Daniel Bryan would still be #1 and a potential for a guy like Sami Zayn or AJ Styles to get big reactions if used correctly (as in bypassing Ambrose in my opinion).

Devitt and Joe could get great reactions possibly too, but they are currently heels or they'd be on the list.

Brock Lesnar. His appearances are always anticipated when he's set to appear. There's nobody on the roster as polarizing and larger than life as Brock Lesnar. He's an anti-hero who gets massive cheers regardless if he attacks heels or face wrestlers and it has been that way since he returned to WWE. I haven't seen anyone who stays this over to the crowd this long. One could argue The Undertaker but many have been calling for him to hang it up. It's hard to believe despite breaking into the business in the early 00's that he's just 38 years old and at his current schedule, can worker matches well into his 40s.

Honorable Mention: Ambrose from a reaction standpoint is more over than anyone else that regularly competes on the roster. Many will argue Kevin Owens and a list of others but I hear nobody getting cheers on the level of Ambrose, not even Reigns. He has gold and he's in the middle of a feud with one of the top heels. Many think he should turn heel but I highly disagree with that idea.

It's hard to categorize Brock as being the most over because of how sporadically he appears. The whole point of him being a part time star is so that he DOESN'T get stale. Of course fans are going to go ape shit for Lesnar because they aren't exposed to him all the time. If they were they'd more than likely get bored of him quickly. That's what eventually happened when Lesnar was champ a decade ago. Undertaker is in the exact same boat.

As far as full time star go, you've got to admire Daniel Bryan. And his injury was really a blessing because it extended his heat over such a long period. Bryan could make a surprise return at the Rumble and the ovation he would get would absolutely dwarf everyone else's, and for good reason. The WWE has made a smart choice by keeping him out just a little longer than expected.

Roman has really impressed me lately. Fans have finally seemingly embraced him as the next star and it makes the show just that much more fun to watch. Sure, the writing could always be better but at least the fans aren't split on what they want anymore.

Right now I would have to say Dean Ambrose gets the biggest pops from the fans. A close second goes to Roman, the boos have started to fade away but he still does not get the pops that Dean gets.
If we were including injured wrestlers Daniel Bryan is the winner by far.

Of the people not injured and currently active, Ambrose gets the biggest and most consistent positive reactions from the crowd.

Reigns gets a mixed reaction at best, full chorus of boo's at it's worst and dead silence during many promos unfortunately. I would put Roman currently behind guys like Ziggler and the Uso's.

If you count guys that are out or coming, Daniel Bryan would still be #1 and a potential for a guy like Sami Zayn or AJ Styles to get big reactions if used correctly (as in bypassing Ambrose in my opinion).

Devitt and Joe could get great reactions possibly too, but they are currently heels or they'd be on the list.

You are right in many ways. But i think Reigns gets much pops than Ziggler & Usos.

And Devitt is not a heel so he can be on the list. :)

:devil:

It's Ambrose, Ziggler is pretty close. Lesnar would get a better reaction if he was booked as more of a face. I'd say he's more of a face leaning tweener right now.

Ambrose is occupying that Jeff Hardy and Daniel Bryan space where they're cheered by members of all demographics, as opposed to the Cena and Reigns space where you're primarily cheered by younger fans and women.

What ? Both are not true at all haha!!

I'm frequently amazed at how people allow their biases to alter their perception.

Roman Reigns gets the biggest pops every single night on Raw. Every single night. John Cena gets the biggest reaction. Every single night. You don't have to like it, but disagreeing with it is pretty silly.

Judging by The Royal Rumble and that event alone...Brock Lesnar wins the award for best crowd reactions of the night. I think about twenty people cheered when Roman came out and everything he did resulted in dead silence...until he got eliminated by Triple H and the place popped like crazy.

I'm frequently amazed at how people allow their biases to alter their perception.

Roman Reigns gets the biggest pops every single night on Raw. Every single night. John Cena gets the biggest reaction. Every single night. You don't have to like it, but disagreeing with it is pretty silly.

Roman Reigns does not get the biggest pops every night. You can say that as many times as you want, but that doesn't change the FACT that it's not true.

As much as I hate Brock Lesnar, he gets an incredible reaction every time he comes out, and I can't deny that. But the same is not true with Roman Reigns. He's still heavily booed in most cities.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back