Who ends Asuka's streak?

Discussion in '[Hidden] World Wrestling Entertainment' started by CMZombie, Feb 26, 2018.

1. CMZombie

CMZombie Dark Match Jobber

Nia is probably the odds on favorite here to do it,
    then it seems to fall to the next level of Alexa/Charlotte/Becky/Sasha/Bayley/
    Perhaps in an all-Japan feud with Kairi Sane
    I don't think ronda is ready for that kind of big moment..

personally I think if the WWE really wanted to swerve peopleand set up a huge feud ( and eventual loss) with a big wrestlemania moment you have whichever match Asuka is in interrupted in her title match by the return of..
    Kharma
    (I accept I am a bit of a rookie in the wrestling world, so I have no idea how feasible this idea could be or even what Kia Stevens is up to at the moment, I just her addition to the roster now in a post revolution world could lead to some brilliant matches.. :)

2. stingray11214

stingray11214 Cena is no Bruno & Cole is no Solie

Whoever beats Asuka will probably be THE girl in the Women's Division. It will not be Rousey. It will probably be someone we do not see in WWE yet. But, Asuka is 37. Age will eventually catch up with her. Soooo, it will probably be someone they are going to build the WOmen's Division around long term. Rousey is not it.

3. d_henderson1810

d_henderson1810 Mid-Card Championship Winner

I think it will be Ronda Rousey.

I get the impression that whomever does it will get major heat from her fanbase, and the credentials of the Diva who does will have the spotlight put on her like never before.

Someone like Charlotte could do it, with her pedigree, she probably wouldn't be hated on like some of the other Divas. But Charlotte was the biggest thing in the Divas Division two years ago, but not at the moment, where she is in a lot of 5-Way and multi-Diva matches. She would need to be presented as "The Queen" once again to be ready to be accepted in beating Asuka's streak.

However, I think if Rousey does it, then it is more believable, because the haters can't question her credentials so much, since she is a former UFC fighter and one of the biggest female sportspeople on the planet. Rousey being the one to beat Asuka "fits" better than any other option.

How I would do it is this. Move Asuka to SD Live! in the next draft, and have her fight their talent. Have Rousey be the top Diva on RAW, and Asuka be the top Diva on SD Live! Build both of them up as unstoppable monsters for the next year, and then, at WM35, book Rousey vs Asuka for the title, and the streak (I would give Rousey a streak as well), and have Rousey beat Asuka at WM35. I think that this will be the way that brings least angst to Asuka's fanbase, if a legit fighter beats her.

4. itbewilly

itbewilly Pre-Show Stalwart

If Asuka jumps to Smackdown once her little feud with Nia ends and beats Charlotte i could see them giving her a decent little run with the blue brand women's belt but as far as your question i think if they book her right it could end up being Kairi Sane when she makes the jump up. They have a history and it would give her a boost especially if Asuka is in the heel role. Asuka is the type that could go either way. Shes a decent tweener. You seen her go heelish in NXT at times. Now she's face but i think she would naturally work better as a cocky heel. When they call up Sane if she isn't with Asuka then a feud with her might be in the cards.

5. MWRedskins

MWRedskins Mid-Card Championship Winner

my guess on this is that she wins the Women's title at WM (dont know which champion she beats though) and i predict she'll hold onto the belt for a year, then finally lose at NEXT year's Wrestlemania to a woman that they built up to finally beat her....maybe Charlotte loses at this year's wrestlemania only to beat her at the one a year later?? maybe they re-build Bayley, maybe Sasha....i dont know right now and honestly, i dont think WWE knows yet.

6. Un-Bo-Lievable Jeff

Un-Bo-Lievable Jeff Getting Noticed By Management

Given Ronda's promo at EC saying she wants to earn her position, they could go with an old school booking for her.

She goes through everyone on the roster from bottom to top, potentially undefeated as is Asuka up until WM next year. Undefeated vs undefeated is an easy story to sell

7. Jack-Hammer

Jack-Hammer YOU WILL RESPECT MY AUTHORITAH!!!!
    Staff Member Moderator

I don't see Asuka's feud ending anytime soon. Whether it's for the SmackDown or Raw Women's Championship, I believe she'll win the title, have a long and strong run as champion before someone ultimately manages to end her streak.

A lot could depend on what the roster looks like wherever Asuka winds up. If she stays on Raw and challenges for the Raw Women's Championship, she has better competition overall. If she challenges and beats Alexa, then their program will continue for a little while, then you've got Sasha Banks, Bayley and Nia Jax waiting in the wings. Plus, she's got Absolution to potentially challenge, Mickie James could work and if the plan is to ultimately have her lose to Ronda Rousey, then there's plenty to do in between for both women. Asuka can have a great run as champion while Rousey has feuds that ultimately see her doing well and increasing her own credibility.

If she goes to SmackDown, Charlotte is really the only one with the creds to hang with her but, again, I don't see Asuka losing at WrestleMania. After Charlotte, really the only one that's really even close is Becky Lynch as the rest of the women's roster is made up of Naomi, Lana, Tamina, who's out injured and nobody'd care anyway, Carmella and the Riott Squad. Speaking of Carmella, I wouldn't be at all surprised if WWE went the route of having Asuka beat Charlotte at WrestleMania only for Carmella to cash in her MITB contract and be the one to end Asuka's streak. I could easily see them going for the shock value of Carmella, one of the least likely to end Asuka's streak, not only end the streak but capturing the SmackDown Women's Championship in the process. If that goes down, the internet will blow up from people wanting to crucify WWE.

8. HeenanGorilla

HeenanGorilla Championship Contender

This streak is so overblown. She isn't this seemingly unbeatable force whose first eventual defeat will shatter the Earth. She is a great performer who has been handed a "long" undefeated streak. I say "long" because most of it was from NXT, which most people don't watch. She is not a household name, she is not the greatest wrestler most people have seen. She isn't even Goldberg and how did breaking that streak work out for that person? (Before you say how lame that was handled and how awful WCW was at the time, consider how WWE has recently ruined several women's momentums--it's not as bad a comparison as it seems at first glance).

Asuka being undefeated is like Mysterio or Bryan striving for the World title. It's maybe fun while it lasts, but as soon as it's over, it's over. To act like the person who ends this streak is going to be seen as this big force to be reckoned with is laughable.

You're the same people who argued and argued about whether or not Taker's streak should end. If so, who should end it? "It should be a young star who could use the rub...blah blah blah" The best part about Taker's streak ending was the end of those arguments. Asuka is nowhere near that level.

If there is an interesting storyline, where ending her streak is part of it, sure that could be interesting. But to give her streak this life of itself that simply isn't there...hey, clearly I don't care about the streak of hers. But, for those of you that do, be prepared for disappointment. You've seen this before and still you get your hopes up for something that, in reality, isn't as big as the WWE is trying to make it. You seem to just be falling for it. I think getting that first loss out of the way will do wonders for the people obsessed with this streak. You'll be able to (not that most of you will) enjoy her for the performer she is and not sweat this nonsense about her being undefeated. Soon, she'll be thrown into the pile with all of the other women not named Rousey and be in 5-way and 6-way matches with no creativity and sloppy booking.

9. Snugglebites

Snugglebites Sufferin' Succotash.

Eva Marie. She already eliminated her from a Battle Royal, she'll finish the job at WM next year.

10. Wildcat66

Wildcat66 DELETE!

I remember mentioning that it should be Bayley who would do the job, I still feel like she deserves it even now. But assuming that Asuka ends up jumping to SD and fights Charlotte instead, I feel that Carmella should scumbag her way in to end the streak.

Not only would Carmella be the biggest heel in the women's locker room, Asuka I feel would get over more as a babyface because if there's nothing fans like more: It's a face whose out for revenge.

11. Vintage Punk

Vintage Punk Pre-Show Stalwart

It will happen at some time because she won't stay undefeated forever. It's not like the Undertaker's streak (which should've stayed intact) because that just had to do with Wrestlemania. I figure she'll get the title at Mania and be champ for awhile. If interest fades in her or they have someone who is the next star of the future then I could see it finally happening but will most likely be with Asuka as a heel. They will need fans to turn on her and want to see the streak broken that way they'll cheer the babyface who does it instead of booing them mercilessly.

12. Vanilla Midget

Vanilla Midget Registered Suplex Offender

Dakota Kai.

Seriously though, as we've seen through wrestling history, you have to tread lightly with these streaks. You let an unknown factor go over, what if they burn out of wrestling and vanish? You give it to some established, it's just another shiny in the already overflowing trophy case.

Imagine if Wade Barrett broke The Undertaker's streak after The Nexus buried the Deadman, then his career played out as it did. Barrett bounces between gimmicks, is injury prone, and never amounts to anything.

You take a massive risk when you let a young talent go over a massive streak that takes years to build towards. This is why we saw Nash end Goldberg's streak in 98, why we saw Lesnar end Undertaker's, and subsequently saw Goldberg take that pinless streak from Lesnar. Nash and Lesnar were names - they were draws that weren't going to peter out.

Imagine if Vampiro beat Goldberg. Imagine if Mark Jindrak, or Sean O'Haire or Chuck Palumbo or any of the Thrillers did. Then went on to have no career. Sure WCW folded, but they didn't book Starrcade 98 as if they were going to go out of business.

WWE ultimately won't take any risks. They've invested a ton of TV time into a long streak that will eventually reach mythical proportions. The person who does it has to be a name they can bank on, and a name that will do so for years to come.

You're basically looking at Charlotte or Ronda Rousey. Then to a lesser extent you have Sasha Banks and Bayley on the next tier. You could also make an argument for Ember Moon, Kairi Sane, or Shayna Baszler.

Ronda is a main stream star who seems poised to become the women's division equivalent of Brock Lesnar. It seems likely that Ronda works a Lesnar like schedule given that she's a mainstream star and is wrestling to live a childhood dream.

Charlotte is a Flair. She's already a multi-time champion. She can say that she's accomplished many firsts, but like Rousey there isn't a risk involved giving her the rub of ending Asuka's streak. She's Charlotte Flair, and it should be believable that she could go over Asuka on any given night.

There's a story brewing with Ember trying and failing in NXT so many times. It would be fitting for her to land on main and redeem her loses. But does Ember have name power or recognition? What if a young talent gets hurt and can't compete again? Do you not give it to someone who is a draw now, who is an impact now?

Shayna Baszler is believable in her physicality, but she's not such a celebrity that it grabs mainstream attention, then say how Rousey would. Even Charlotte or Sasha Banks stand a better chance of getting any kind of major mainstream attention.

In wrestling, you want the old to lay on their back to establish the new. But what if the pin that's on the line is bigger than a title, bigger than a W? How do you book it perfectly?

You can't. You book it safe. You give it to a nobody like Dakota Kai and even though her passion is wrestling and her career is wrestling and her everything is wrestling, say she takes a neck injury like Paige then what's the point? They need to maximize the return on investment while minimizing the risk to the utmost extent.

Ronda Rousey makes the most sense, but Asuka will have to become a despicable villain for the crowd to not turn on Ronda. It would be better to give it to a proven full timer like Charlotte or Banks. You don't have Ryback break the Undertaker's streak, you don't have Kidman pin Goldberg in 98.

Asuka loses to a top talent, most likely Rousey so you minimize the risk by putting it on a draw while maximizing the return and getting over a newcomer.

13. SmattyG

SmattyG Pre-Show Stalwart

I wouldn't mind a bet on Alexa Bliss retaining the title at WM, ending Asuka's streak. Bliss seems to be the golden haired child at the moment, and it would generate even more heat for her. She'll probably cheat to win (maybe Nia gets involved?), but then she can prance around saying she is the first Smackdown and Raw Women's Champion, the winner of the first EC match, AND the one to beat the winning streak.

14. NotoriousWWE

NotoriousWWE Pre-Show Stalwart

I think WWE is very high on Ember Moon and I could see her, with the right amount of momentum behind her, being the one to do it. They might bring their NXT rivalry into it, sort of saying that Ember has tried on numerous occasions and failed. She’s someone I think not only HHH likes but somebody Vince would love. Attractive, intriguing, alright on the mic and very good in the ring with one of the best finishers in the company. Ronda Rousey would need a ton of build up for the crowd to accept her being the one to do it. Nia has had too many chances. Can see Asuka having a Lesnar like reign from this WM to the next.

15. HORRORHOLIC

HORRORHOLIC Pre-Show Stalwart

A heel Ronda Rousey with Paul Heyman in her corner would be awesome in my opinion. She could be like the female Brock Lesnar, except she actually shows up and Heyman can go on about ending another streak.

16. thebarber

thebarber Mid-Card Championship Winner

Ronda Rousey.................................obvious choice. But I see Carmella cashing in her briefcase or Asuka, severely left for dead so its an easy pin.

17. GoHalos

GoHalos New Member

I don't like undefeated streaks much these days. Goldberg's was cool back in the day, but with the current writing in WWE, things get too predictable OR they drop the ball (Undertaker).

I prefer Charlotte to win at WrestleMania, but I don't think that'll happen. Asuka will almost certainly win the strap at Mania and I think Carmella will cash in and lose to Asuka.

My theory is that Asuka will keep the belt for a year and then next year at WrestleMania will drop it to Ronda Rousey, unfortunately. I'm not a fan of this scenario, but I feel like it's the direction that WWE will go.

18. AndrewC316

AndrewC316 Dark Match Jobber

Probably Ronda at Summerslam or Mania 35

19. enviousdominous

enviousdominous Behold my diction

The WWE really needs to think this one through.

Taking the streak away from Asuka is a big deal, even though Asuka will be loved either way. If you take the streak away, then you take away another opportunity to have a big money win for whomever they're trying to validate. I don't think that they should give that to an up and comer, because I think that doing so would sell Asuka's potential short and make her out to be the next Jake the Snake in terms of relevance on the card.

Right now, Charlotte Flair is the only person who I think would be a responsible pick for that honor. Charlotte would put Asuka way over during the match, and losing to her wouldn't be that big of a deal considering how much stock the WWE has invested in Charlotte. Charlotte is apparently the future of the WWE women's division, and losing to her would just mean that you get to try to even the score later and that you're therefore part of a program with the top individual in the company.

I think that they absolutely should NOT give that accolade to Ronda Rousey. I love Ronda, but she doesn't convey to me through her work that this is something that she really wants to do. She's there right now, sure, but her ring work indicates that she's dangerously green and her mic skills could likely be surpassed by any random bozo from the audience. Just saying; Ronda comes across like a confused child when they hand her a microphone. If you let her end Asuka's streak in the near future, Asuka will lose a ton of ring-cred. Until Ronda can prove that she can take just as much as she can give in prowrestling, don't let her near any major accomplishments.

Nia Jax would be fine, per se. She has the ability to where it wouldn't look unnatural for her to be able to beat Asuka, it's just that right now she's still trying to connect with the fans on a social level. She came out of her shell somewhat with the promos for her match with Alexa, but she still seems somewhat wooden to me. If Nia ends the streak, it needs to be in a knock-down drag-out fight where Nia is absolutely ecstatic that she was able to find the strength and endurance to score a victory over Asuka.

I REALLY wish that Paige was still wrestling, because her heel work is phenomenal for someone so young and beating Asuka would automatically make her into this generation's version of Rick Rude. Get well soon Paige.

20. HeenanGorilla

What the hell do these references mean? What makes someone a Jake the Snake in terms of relevance on a card? What criteria makes someone this generation's Rick Rude?

21. enviousdominous

Well, since you asked me so fucking politely and since you apparently have no idea who Jake the Snake or Rick Rude were, I'll elaborate.

Jake the Snake was relegated to being the guy who gets over the potential world champions. He was great, but he was never allowed to be a champion because (in his own words) his job was to let guys beat him that were going to be champions eventually. If Asuka's streak ends up being a device to make an up-and-comer get their wings, then her role will likely be that of someone who permanently gets over the younger talent.

Rick Rude was a unique version of a respected heel. The crowds hated him, but they respected him. The difference between Rick Rude and Ric Flair was that Rick Rude's opponents had to overcome his superior strength, as opposed to Ric Flair exploiting their carelessness. If Paige was to utilize her God-given talent to show believable intensity and dominate a fan favorite like Asuka, she would be an even more potent version than she is already of a respected heel.

#hamler likes this.
  22. HeenanGorilla

Thanks. Just as vague and ridiculous as I expected.

I do hope Paige comes back healthy or she will always be seen as this generation’s Iron Mike Sharpe. Fingers crossed!

23. enviousdominous

You are so very welcome, that little outburst of yours was just a minor setback. If you ever need more help, I'm here for you kid.

Hey, we all have hopes. I hope that someday you won't trivialize Paige's injury like a piece of shit in a petty attempt at slighting someone else, but I won't worry too much over that one.

Fillet Club likes this.
  24. HeenanGorilla

Whoa, whoa! Easy fella! If you're not careful, you'll come off as this generation's Powers of Pain. I feel bad for Paige and wish this generation's Brother Love would send well wishes her way. Unfortunately, I don't have access to this generation's Mean Gene Okerlund and can't get that message to her.

25. enviousdominous

I promise that however I come off, it won't be as WrestleZone's token dipshit. You've got that one on lock.

I feel bad for Paige, and I -- like 99% of the other people in the world who are more intelligent than you -- can easily send her well wishes via Twitter.

If we start talking about ways in which your existence is "unfortunate" we'll be at this for a very long time.