• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Which WWE superstar should appear on the NEW Arsenio Hall show?

CM Steel

A REAL American
The CW network has brought back the Arsenio Hall show to late night TV. And has been doing okay in the ratings. It had me thinking about the past wrestling stars from the rock 'n roll era in the then-WWF. When stars like Hulk Hogan, Randy Savage (R.I.P.), the Ultimate Warrior, Rick Rude (R.I.P.) with Bobby Heenan. With the success of the show running. Which WWE superstar should appear on the NEW Arsenio Hall show? Over the past fews year WWE superstars have been appearing on other late night talk shows (Jimmy Kimmel, Geogre Lopez, ECT.). So why not bring those guys from the world of sports entertainment on to the urban late night talk show that is the Arsenio Hall show?

I can see guys like...

-Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson: For obvious reason's
-John Cena: Face of the company
-Triple H: Top executive in the WWE
-David Otunga: Being married to singer Jennifer Hudson and being a fitness guru and up & coming actor.

It would be nice for that element to return to the Arsenio Hall show. What do you think?

I think just like with the last incarnation to Arsenio's show, only top star/main eventers should make an appearance. Roughly...

Cena can show up around the launch of the Network.
Daniel Bryan at Wrestlemainia
The Rock when 'Fast 7' comes out...

And probably that's it. As for heels I remember when the characters were featured on the show. Savage's "I'm not a racist!" line is classic, I still quote it. And when Arsenio almost had Bad News Brown break character and crack up...awesome.

Maybe a Miz (heel), Ryback, Sandow, might work in these interviews. And Brodus Clay if not only for the Snoop Dogg connection.

I think someone controversial to generate buzz, I remember Honky Tonk Man singing on Arsenio one time and he got mad at Arsenio towards the end of his set, so why not a guy like Ryback who is trying to make Twitter buzz lately who is been a constant in IWC headlines, or CM Punk who usually doesn't make those appearances, or even Daniel Bryan could you imagine a Yes Chant breaking out on Arsenio that would be huge...

Arsenio Hall's new talk show is also on Fox...and I find him anything but funny.

I figure WWE wouldn't bother with Arsenio...they usually stick to Kelly & Michael, The Today Show, GMA, Jimmy Fallon, Jimmy Kimmel and Connan.

Arsenio Hall's new show will have as much success as George Lopez did...he does his little tasteless or racial stereotype jokes in the opening monologue, then invite Tyler Perry or R. Kelly on to interview.... Not really the WWE audience... However, I do remember being 6 years old trying to stay up till 12 am to see Bleached Blonde Sting on his show in 1993.

I dont see any superstar going on Arsenio Hall at all. The kids nowadays have no idea who Arsenio is,why would they?? His show is not really the type of audience WWE attracts anyway,his show IMO isnt going to have success and will fold shortly.. Arsenio back in the day with the WWE kids knew who Arsenio was,they would stay up to watch him and the WWF (WWF then) to watch their stars.

Now the WWE Superstars go on Jimmy Fallon,The Today Show,Kids choice awards,etc. I dont see any WWE superstar going on his show..

The only ones that would make sense would be those who were either around when the show aired originally or veterans... I could see Jericho or Piper doing well on a show like Arsenio as they could have some fun with the old interviews and both have good comic timing that would play off the host. but it's not really the kind of thing the younger stars are going to look good on.

You have to remember things like Rick Rude worked because Heenan was a master at what he did. They don't have that today...

Once person I am guessing ain't getting near it is Michael Hayes...or Ryback.

i totally agree that arsenio is not at all what it use to be, the show and the man. Kimmel and Fallon are the best. what about having like CM Punk on Chelsea Lately?

Why would anyone go on the Arsenio Hall Show? The ratings aren't that good, it's in syndication, not on network TV like Lettermen, Leno, or Kimmel. Hall's a shell of his former self and quite frankly, isn't all that funny.

There are many more platforms for wrestlers to appear, like the Today Show, Kelly and Michael, and numerous others.

Arsenio Hall doesn't strike a cord with anyone like he used to, and even back then, he wasn't THAT big o' deal.

Usually when a wrestler is on one talk show, they're on a bunch of talk shows. They make the rounds. If Arsenio has a spot open and the 'E's publicist can squeeze him or her in, they will. Any exposure is good exposure, regardless of the outlet -- unless it's TMZ or Court TV or some shit.

I don't see the point of any wrestler from WWE making an appearance on the Aresino Hall show. It's been said already, but Hall isn't a major player on the late night talk show circuit anymore, and he's faded away into obscurity for the most part.

The little rift between Jim Brown and Kobe Bryant is last time I heard anything remotely relevant about Hall's show, and Stephen A. Smith making an appearance to discuss Brown's comments, but that's it. Nothing came of it, because from what I remember, Bryant took the high road.

When it comes to mainstream coverage, WWE is looking to create a significant amount of buzz for all things WWE. Aresino Hall is too washed up and borderline insignificant to create a noticeable buzz for anything. WWE is better off with the Today show, Kelly and Michael, or Katie Couric's show.

John Cena - cause he's the face of the WWE

Daniel Bryan - cause he's the hottest thing right now

CM Punk - cause let's be honest, he'd make things funny and interesting.

Randy Orton - only if he remains champ

Batista - new movie and if he becomes champ

Miz - cause he's the PR Guy

Otunga - like what someone said, he's married to Ms. Hudson and he is sort of a PR Guy

The only good thing he did was stand next to Eddie Murphy in Coming To America. Who actually watches his show?

The WWE has visited every top show in tv and radio now more than ever. They really have kept up with changing information outlets and technology, even at times cramming their WWE App down our throats to make sure we know they are 'plugged in & hip'. They are constantly promoting & going on these talk shows is essentially promoting. Promoting themselves... not the show they are on at the time.

So why go to a show that is going to be dead by next year? The show has already been short lived & come with actually mediocre reviews and not so great ratings. If the WWE and Hall do anything it will be Scott & not Arsenio. If somehow he does then it would be on RAW, in the crowd most likely or maybe something as a special guest.

I just dont see them doing business because they can promote on much higher rated shows with national & worldwide exposure that Arsenio simply does not have.

Did anybody see WWE hall of famer Stone Cold Steve Austin on the Arsenio Hall show last night? He is now the first guess on the new version of the Arsenio Hall show. One segment of the showcasing Arsenio asked Stone Cold what he had thought about the CM Punk walking out on the WWE. Stone Cold brings up the time that he himself walked out on the WWE back in 2002 after Wrestlemania 18. His answer though was pretty funny.

If ya'll missed the show there's always Youtube. But I knew that it was just a matter of time when a person from the wrestling world would return on the Arsenio Hall show.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back