Which women are likely to headline house shows?

Discussion in 'World Wrestling Entertainment' started by LibSuperstar, May 5, 2018.

1. LibSuperstar

LibSuperstar Occasional Pre-Show

A few months ago Sasha Banks said in an interview that she wants women to main event house shows. I liked the idea so as to test the women's drawing power. Women have already main evented PPVs and the weekly shows. With Rousey in the fold I can see it being just a matter of time, especially if the rumored Rousey-Flair main event for WrestleMania 35 does take place.

2. roipdh123

roipdh123 Getting Noticed By Management

Charlotte Flair, Ronda Rousey, Stephanie McMahon and Asuka are the only women who can headline a show, and not only not hurt the drawing power of it, but even increase it.

Jack-Hammer and LibSuperstar like this.
  3. Jack-Hammer

Jack-Hammer YOU WILL RESPECT MY AUTHORITAH!!!!
    Staff Member Moderator

As of right now, this is probably dead on.

Charlotte has the goods and that's been obvious from her days in NXT.

Ronda Rousey probably isn't all that polished, but she impressed everyone with her performance at WrestleMania. She's much, much further along than any of us thought and she's made the transition quite well. She still has to be tested in 1 on 1 feuds and matches eventually and if she continues to improve and impress, the sky's the limit.

Stephanie McMahon is someone that fans never get tired of seeing get beaten up. She's a helluva heel and that's only helped by the fact that she doesn't try to be the "cool heel", nor does she attempt to do anything to maker herself come off as cool or likeable. The problem is that most house shows are going to be considered to be beneath Stephanie making an appearance and it's hard to argue with that.

Asuka has a lot of energy, a lot of natural charisma and she's a badass. She hasn't lost any steam due to her undefeated streak ending and that's due to her showing a lot of fans how valuable she is.

Sasha Banks and Bayley could also be house show headliners when/if they're built back up. Both of them, especially Bayley, have been victims of horrible booking decisions and it's had some long term, negative effects on them. Both of them, for instance, have been booked to look ineffectual as champions, Sasha's a 4 time Women's Champion on the main roster yet she's never had a successful title defense and Bayley's run was marred with mediocrity due to terrible use of her character.

4. wrestlingmasters55

wrestlingmasters55 Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Charlotte seem to be the Roman reigns of the wwe women's division. She's been protected ever since she debuted on the main roster and was put in positions that she wasn't ready for. So I feel if anybody would headline a live event it would be Charlotte.

As for whom her opponent should be, I don't think it matter that much mostly because where not really the target audience for live events since there's not a lot of us that goes to live events and the audience is more family oriented so just put a good heel against her and fans will probably buy it.

5. LibSuperstar

LibSuperstar Occasional Pre-Show

Stephanie knows how to work the crowd. I was watching the mixed tag match at Mania and she was nailing all the basic heel antics. Good point about her probably not being at house shows though.

On another note, do you think Banks or Bayley would benefit from a heel turn?

Reminds me of a few weeks ago when WWE had the house show in Chattanooga, NY and one guy told me he attended for Styles but he took his family and his daughter wanted to see Charlotte.

6. Messiah

Messiah WWE Champion

Well Sasha won't be headlining house shows.

Asuka could.. Ronda only competes on PPV's it seems.. Charlotte could headline.

Just book Charlotte and Asuka on a few house shows to see how it does.

LibSuperstar likes this.