Which Survivor Series Format do you Prefer?

Which Survivor Series Format do you Prefer?

• Conventional PPV Format

• 4-on-4 or 5-on-5 Elimination Tag Matches

• A mix of the two

Results are only viewable after voting.

IrishCanadian25

Going on 10 years with WrestleZone
Simple question - do you prefer to see a conventional pay-per-view lineup, or the 4-on-4 or 5-on-5 elimination style matches, or a mix of the two?

I have begged & pleaded with W.W.E. to return to the original format. (by original, I mean Tag Team elimination)

The greatest Survivor Series p.p.v.'s in my opinion have been.. 1987-1991, 1993-1995, 1999 & 2006. All because their line-up was about 4 solid Tag Team elimination matches, with one or two Main Event single's matches in the mix.

The overall worst Survivor Series, in my opinion, had to be 1992. It had the worst line-up for a top 4 p.p.v., it involved matches like.. Boss Man v. Nailz, (nightstick on a pole) & Yokozuna v. Virgil. The one 'elimination' match it had, featured 4 tag teams.. & when one member of their team was eliminated, they two man team was eliminated. (sucked!) The ONLY bright spots of that p.p.v. were H.B.K. v. Bret Hart in the Main Event.. & Savage/Perfect v. Flair/Ramon.

I dispise this p.p.v. being the average, normal card line-up. It was made, built & sold as a unique p.p.v. but when it became huge off that.. W.W.E. took it & messed it up.. slapping one or two elimination matches in, & tossing a lot of extra no nothing crap that could happen anywhere else in as well.

I say bring back the old version.. leave the single's, & regular tag team matches to the other 11 plus p.p.v.'s we get a year.

DEFINITELY a mix of the two. You need to have the WWE title defended (even if its in a Fatal Four-Way or something) as well as the WHC, but this should be a FUN ppv just like the Royal Rumble is.

Here's the lineup I'd try to make for an outline of any Survivor Series ppv:

1. WWE Championship Match (Either 1vs1, Triple Threat, Fatal Four, or Elimination Chamber)
2. World Heavyweight Championship Match (Same rules apply)
3. Team of top faces versus Team of top heels (for your Umagas and HHHs)
4. Gimmick face team versus gimmick heel team (this is more of a comedic match. You get your Doink versus Boogeyman and it won't be a strategic lineup, but it'll be fun to see all these colorful personalities against each other.)
5. Wildcard (Random people thrown into random teams that have to work together. This is to showcase more wrestling talent than just flat out weird situations. I always loved these, cause back in the day you could have someone like the 1-2-3 Kid go against people he has no right to have a feud with.)
6. Tag Team Championship (Triple Threat or Fatal-Four. For instance, this year's ppv, I'd have Londrick vs Cade/Murdoch vs Highlanders)
7. Intercontinental title
8. United States title

Forgive me for being frank, but the women's division matches always eat up time and they never deliver anything spectacular, so I'd just leave them out. ECW hasn't had a good title defense in God knows how long, so I wouldn't even bother with it this time around and I'd just put that champ on one of the teams (maybe the leader of one of the wildcards or something). That way you have five title defense situations (which, in my opinion, always make things more interesting than if you just have people like Mysterio vs Finlay which could play out their feud on Smackdown instead) but you also have these weird tag teaming situations that are something different to spice things up. To me, the Royal Rumble is a fun ppv and although its the second most important it also doesn't bog itself down too heavily with the soap opera aspect...Wrestlemania is the most important and should consist of nearly every title being defended (aside from say the Cruiserweight) as well as the Money in the Bank and at least one good non-title feud...Summerslam is a way to rejuvenate some life into the mid-season and spark some new situations (though they've botched that this year horribly) and Survivor Series should be about all hell breaking loose and the struggle to maintain your sanity. In essence, the ppvs in between fix the glitches and change things up every so often but these 4 big ppvs are there to stun you with talent and NOT to bore you with incessant promos and "scrapped together at the last second to help draw out this a little longer while we figure out where are heads are" matches that we've been seeing even on Summerslam. Survivor Series and the three others should consist of the big guns as well as a collective effort of the lower card guys to be used as underpinnings for structure. You give us 3 Survivor Series matches and you've just showcased TWENTY-FOUR of your guys without taking up an entire ppv, plus you've still got the main event titles.

Of course, that would require too much balance and the WWE it seems lately would much rather throw crap together at the last second and draw things out till their staler than a donut in last week's packaging.

I say a mix as well, but the overlyling theme is teams. Here's how I would lay it out:

Main event:
Elimination Chamber: Have one every year just like the Royal Rumble, and switch between the 3 titles (or 2 if the ECW title lasts that long) to be the contest. For example, this year have Randy Orton in the chamber against HHH, Shawn Michaels, Umaga, Mr. Kennedy and Jeff Hardy.

2nd Main Event
World or WWE Title Match
You have to defend at least one main belt, so for here it'd be Undertaker vs. Batista for the World Heavyweight Title. They may have either a cage or HIAC possibly, which takes away the Chamber idea, but why a ladder match or some similar gimmick?

3rd Match
Women's Title
Oh, give Beth Phoenix a match. Space between the Tag matches is needed anyway.

4 matches of the Survivor teams

1st match: Brand vs. Brand team
Whichever brand holds the Elimination Chamber, have the other two brands face each other with an elimination tag match. My example would be Matt Hardy, M.V.P., The Great Khali and Kane vs. C.M. Punk, Big Daddy V, John Morrison, and The Boogeyman.

2nd match: Midcarders
My best example is from ECW: Tommy Dreamer, Balls Mahoney, Stevie Richards and James Curtis vs. The Miz, Elijah Burke, Kevin Thorn, and Matt Striker

3rd match: Mid carders
From Smackdown: Rey Mysterio, Ric Flair, Chuck Palumbo, and Jimmy Wang Yang vs. Finley, Kenny Dykstra, Mark Henry and Chavo Guerrero

4th match: Tag-Team Midcarders
From RAW: Hardcore Holly, Cody Rhodes, Paul London and Brian Kendrick and vs. Shelton Benjamin, Charlie Haas, Trevor Murdoch and Lance Cade

Best line up ever.
Taker/batista/mysterio for heavyweight title in a steel cage
HBK,CM punk,HHH,Jeff Hardy,kane VS big daddy v, the miz,mark henry,mr kenedy, snitsky{elemination/streetfight}
stonecold and val venis and Ron simmons VS santino in a street fight
Randy Orton/HHH/HBK
MVP,kane,hardy VS kevin thorn tommy dreamer, burke first blood elemination
London and kendrick VS cade and murdock vs highlanders vs haas and benjamin {elemination}.
but it would need to be a long ppv!

To be honest, I liked how they did it in 2004 - one 5vs5 match with SmackDown's main eventers/upper midcarders, one 5vs5 match with Raw's main eventers/rising stars and then the rest of the card as usual. Plus, both of the classic Survivor Series matches had very good build up which made it alot better than when 5vs5 matches were randomly thrown together last year, and only really hyped on the last Raw before Survivor Series.

i liked 2005's survivor series, SD vs RAW, IMO it would have been better if Eddie Guerrero was in it instead of Randy Orton, it would have been amazing to see Guerrero, JBL, Lashley, Batista, and Rey team together, and SD win, of course they need to do that, have SD face RAW in another elimination match, they should also have GM vs GM match again, (Vickie Guerrero vs William Regal) LOL

WWE needs it to be RAW V SMACKDOWN!!
how awesome was it a few years ago
you had Batista teaming with JBL who was teaming with Rey, all for the pride oftheir brand.

Faces & Heels on the same team, created something different, made it more interesting to watch, as they kept on appearing on the other show

i dislike the face team V heel team. we get face v heel every fricken week!

we need at least one match that is RAW v SMACKDOWN

Possily
Hardy, Kennedy, Cody, Umaga and Triple H (c)
V
MVP (c), Hardy, Kane, Finaly & Rey

or something along those lines

Cos you already have HBK V RKO & Dave V Taker

my favorate surviver series has got to be the second one that happened, it was just brilliant all of them were elimination tag mathes

I think last years format was good. Having CM Punk on the same team as DX and the Hardys did wonders for his profile. I think they should do the same again this year, but they probably won't!

There has to be a mix of both. Survivor Series needs to be able to retain it's identity of a PPV with elimination matches, yet at the same time, the PPV needs enough big time matches to make the casual buyer interested in seeing the PPV. Finding exciting and innovative ways to integrate the two, such as the elimination chamber, is even better.

I like a mix of the two, the Elimination matches are always interesting, but a full 3 hour show dedicated to them can get kinda boring after a while, and It's always good to see a solid singles match, though I would mind seeing a situation where they put every title into some sort of a elimination match, whether it be Tag, table, elimination chamber, cage(escape only), or whatever else they can come up with, I do like when they do pit a faction against another faction, those are always good

I like the
Elimination Chamber style match:
HHH/HBK/Umaga/Randy Orton/Kennedy/Hardy.

Fatal four way title tag match:
WGTT vs. Cade & Murdoch vs. Holly/Rhodes vs. London & Kendrick.

Batista Vs. The Undertaker vs. Rey Mysterio Jr. vs. Edge (if he returns by then) add two more wrestlers like Finlay and Kane to it and maybe have two Elimination Chamber matches. That wouldn't happen though.

I don't know the ECW brand like that so I can't talk.

A women's five women tag match would be good too.

Another Hardy vs. M.V.P. US Title match

I'm just anxious to see what WWE has in mind for this year's Survivor Series.

I agree I like it when they do a mix of heels and faces on the same team which IMO makes it more interesting. I also think that they should have The Heavywight Titles On the line but only the World Heavyweight and WWE title because the rst of the card needs to be a classic Survivor Series Lineup.

They should also use the survivor series matches as a way to elevate new stars such as MVP, Kennedy, Matt Hardy and so on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back