Which strings do you recommend?

I bought a few sets of Ernie Ball Regular Slinkys a while back and now my D string just plain sucks. Whenever I tune it down (which is pretty often for me), I rarely get the note I want. It sounds more like a sharp sitar than all the other strings on my electric. So which strings would you recommend? Or am I just doing something wrong?

If it's a buzzing sound, it may be more about the neck than the strings. The fret-wire may need filing; The bridge may need to be set; or you might need to adjust the truss rod. Check to see if the string is making contact with one of the frets before it reaches the nut. If it makes any contact, even if it's just a little, it can cause terrible buzzing.

If it's strictly a string problem, I recommend D'Addario XL's. They're fantastic strings; Great tone, and they last. However, before buying new strings, be sure to check your neck and, if possible, give the guitar a full setup and cleaning.

Remember, a little maintenance goes a long way.

Try the Hybrid Slinkys. They are heavier on the bottom but the standard length higher up. Theyre perfect if you play in a lower tuning but still want to be able to shred up top.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back